Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2017 12:49 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aram himself faced quite a challenge against Yuuri this episode. Bet he wasn't expecting that.

At this point, I'm pretty much convinced that the Darkness is the real Big Bad. Yuri just happened to be another victim while his friends wants to save him. The battle between Aram and Yuri was the highlight of this movie imo. Really a shame how far Yuri has fallen...

Oh, I did like that they give the other commanders some relevance rather than making them look like jobbers. The focus on the Chronicle seems to be another prominent element in the storytelling. A bit generic in terms of exploring Yuri's past though.
Jan 27, 2017 10:00 PM
Aug 2015
That side switch by Yuri though. Although you can sort of predict it based on Phoena's worrisome reactions to Yuri all the time.

Although the anime is not focused on romance, any one also on the Yuri X Phoena ship? Phoena was portraying her feelings a lot in this second movie for Yuri.

I hope the last movie shifts Yuri back into the main spotlight, for the first two movies, I feel as though ARAM is more of the m/c than Yuri is suppose to be.
Jan 27, 2017 11:05 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Is this supposed to be 22 mins long? I was under the impression that it would have been movie length like the first one =/
Jan 28, 2017 5:53 AM

Sep 2016
phew that was pretty good
the naked boobie demon is back!!!!
thats scene where Yuri consumed by malevolence is pretty good, they made it side by side with the queen coronation, hope & despair
during yuri backstory and next episode preview, it seems Aram is the true protagonist here instead of Yuri
1 more month until the final movie, I hope they give us satisfying ending instead of cliffhanger bait to play the game "MAYBE YOU CAN DEFEAT THE BLACK KING NEXT TIME!" like in the recent Fate mobile game anime

Tokoya said:
Is this supposed to be 22 mins long? I was under the impression that it would have been movie length like the first one =/
it's 1 and half hour movie
GangsterCatJan 28, 2017 6:47 AM
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 28, 2017 7:44 AM

Dec 2007
Tokoya said:
It's a full length feature film. However, for streaming, it's released in 4 parts, each congruent to one of the anime series episodes.
Jan 28, 2017 8:54 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
GangsterCat said:
phew that was pretty good
the naked boobie demon is back!!!!
thats scene where Yuri consumed by malevolence is pretty good, they made it side by side with the queen coronation, hope & despair
during yuri backstory and next episode preview, it seems Aram is the true protagonist here instead of Yuri
1 more month until the final movie, I hope they give us satisfying ending instead of cliffhanger bait to play the game "MAYBE YOU CAN DEFEAT THE BLACK KING NEXT TIME!" like in the recent Fate mobile game anime

Tokoya said:
it's 1 and half hour movie
That's what I thought....I was streaming it and everywhere I went only had the first part of it so I was confused seeing as though all 4 parts are released the same time, but I found a torrent for them all
Jan 28, 2017 9:46 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Twas pretty sad to see Yuri turn to the darkness.....Felt so bad for the entire crew too and that damn traitorous Ogre King needs a good beating too

Great second film overall though, loved the suspense and personal moments and the action scenes continue to be awesome....We even got a good amount of backstory too
Jan 29, 2017 4:34 AM

Aug 2013
this is confirmed the prequel of the game.. maybe
Jan 29, 2017 5:43 AM

Nov 2007
I like Naobou's songs (OP & IN (around TV ep.7 part)) in this movie. So this is the reason Aram is introduced, to help Yuri.
tsubasaloverFeb 18, 2017 10:31 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 29, 2017 9:12 AM

May 2009
Yuri turning evil was spoiled by 3rd movie poster.
Jan 29, 2017 1:20 PM

Jul 2012
Yuri turned evil...kinda predictable, but yeah, that sucks :( I like the despair tho.
I LOVE THAT FURBALL! <3 Pls don't die little fluffly creature *-*
I thought that maybe that now queen would propose a marriage alliance to that oni king, but I guess not XD

Jan 29, 2017 9:55 PM

Jul 2014
Hurray for posts being deleted...

Anyway, the series is getting worse and worse as it is devolving into little kid fare. The power of friendship solving problems, people trying to murder other people for no good reason then allying, a stupid fluffy animal meant for 5 year olds that understands English and has some horrible voice acting by a woman making squeaking noises. What a brainless pile of poop this is becoming.
Jan 30, 2017 8:52 AM

Sep 2015
Sokah said:

Anyway, the series is getting worse and worse as it is devolving into little kid fare. The power of friendship solving problems, people trying to murder other people for no good reason then allying, a stupid fluffy animal meant for 5 year olds that understands English and has some horrible voice acting by a woman making squeaking noises. What a brainless pile of poop this is becoming.

kek

Vanschia said:
this is confirmed the prequel of the game.. maybe

Not really
Jan 30, 2017 12:23 PM

Sep 2012
Aram is fucking annoying
Jan 31, 2017 2:15 AM

Feb 2014
Sokah said:

Lol, it's friendship power making trouble.

悲しい… 悲しいわ…
今日のこと、「お月さま」にも教えてあげないと。
あなたも… 私 “たち” の中に… 取り込んであげる。
Jan 31, 2017 11:55 AM
Jun 2015
So the real main character is aram? And if that old sage made him that powerfull couldnt he have done the same to yuri the first time since it seemed they were friends.
Man this was turning pretty interesting but the last 15 minutes ruined everything. Yuri is weak af even when he turned demon. But oh well supposedly i should have played the game or w/e it is my fault wasting time here anyway.
Jan 31, 2017 4:31 PM

Sep 2012
Shacky said:
So the real main character is aram? And if that old sage made him that powerfull couldnt he have done the same to yuri the first time since it seemed they were friends.
Man this was turning pretty interesting but the last 15 minutes ruined everything. Yuri is weak af even when he turned demon. But oh well supposedly i should have played the game or w/e it is my fault wasting time here anyway.

Sadly. Yuuri is more interesting than that dipshit
Feb 1, 2017 9:26 AM
Mar 2012
op mostly recap, op/ed songs still nice.
Action & bgs still great. But some generic dialogue really dragging it, need friendship power for dat chain attack, oh nos Aram u always alone, when did he start caring for all the apple grannies? Some more come to darkness talk. Tho demonboobie's ploy to make Yuuri stab that dude was good, as it showed how weak both physically & mentally Yuuri is (& he knows it so he entrusted 'light' to Aram), and contrasting with Juliana. But lots of stupid stuff like sword & shield knight not using either, but his body to block Yuuri lol, same with the metal stick father at the end.

Only Aram & healer dissing, and Ogre lord talk & ability to control dark power were any fun. The rest feels boring tho it's making progress.

random Songstress, sounds like macross.
random furball, probably related to Pirika or sage.
Gilgamesh was Yuuri's sensei.
So artifact sword can bleach the darkness wut they waiting for?
Anti Shuza ogres meet Juliana.
Feb 4, 2017 6:14 PM
Feb 2008
Well, I am disappointed. I hope that Yuuri will come back to Phoena. I not really like Aram, but well, it looks like he is now main hero. Bah, it tastes a bit bittersweet all this second part.
Feb 5, 2017 12:59 PM

Sep 2013
In this second movie we get revealed of how cheesy, cliche and predictable the show is. Apart from that, it is terribly written and with a set of uninteresting characters. Not going to come back for the final movie.
Feb 6, 2017 8:19 AM

May 2015
Didn't really enjoy the second movie as much as the first. Kinda felt a little bit too cheesy at times.

Feb 9, 2017 9:23 AM

Aug 2015
Score: 3/10

Main characters (and secondary + antagonists) very clichés despite an attempt of development. The characters are useless and have the NPC role.
Animation has deteriorated with the excessive use of CGI on movements that don't appear natural.
The story is very banal with a wicked king of darkness and several armies fighting against this king. Many dialogue cliches around the light and the darkness. It's even worse than Kingdom Hearts!!
Many inconsistencies: why Yuri comes to the island to corrupt the Chronicle?
Why is Pirika alive? (We hear her voice at random and then?)
Why is not Phoena more shocked by his father's behavior?
Why is Aram so unbearable?

The music is so bad and even the Nano ED is the worst performance I could hear. :/
Feb 18, 2017 3:58 AM

Dec 2014
Wow Yuri actually faced a bit of a challenge there.... this got intensified quick
Feb 21, 2017 2:01 AM

Dec 2015
PPretty hard reactions of disappointment here. It's strange because outside of the chosen starting point, there was absolutely nothing peculiar about the first chapter everyone saw before. And this second chapter actually follows to the letter the road of blandness and "predictability" layered by its predecessor.

My only surprise was the Black Knight design: it looks nothing like the tainted person he's supposed to be, the B.K. is even taller (only similar point : their voice). That's weird when you compare the princess' knight transformation.

For the music to be "bad", it would require to do less than it is doing. Because it actually accompanies the scenes correctly, no matter how forgettable it is.

Enjoyment: 4/5
Score: 6/10 Confirming how ordinary it is.
Rei_IIIFeb 21, 2017 2:08 AM
Mar 2, 2017 11:30 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
This second film continues with the style and rythm of the first one, although there was somethings surprises, in general was a very comun and predictible!!!

I wait the next one will be better

...6/10
Jun 9, 2017 5:34 AM

Jun 2012
The fight scenes stagnated and the impact lessen, especially that cringe worthy golem user, she's the worst character so far.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.