Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Descending Stories
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 27, 2017 9:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty interesting episode.

We got more focus on Konatsu again and her kid. She's really grown to a mature woman this season and I like her character chemistry with Yotarou. It's like they have this sort of love-hate relationship going on. We got to see a rakugo performance as well this episode. Is it just me or does Yotaru seem even more energetic than usual? Lol. I think it's because he is performing in front of a younger audience.

Konatsu's talent also shouldn't be underestimated. I think she did pretty well.
Jan 27, 2017 9:57 AM

Nov 2007
The baby grew up into lively kid. The lady also learned to play koto.

Showing Rakugo to kindergarten. The lady tries to show her rakugo, too, and the kids like it.

ED finally. Hikobayuru (ひこばゆる)
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 27, 2017 1:37 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Konatsu's rakugo had me excited. She loved being there, her hugging Yotaro at the end of her performance was heartwarming.

Their kid is quirky :D
Jan 27, 2017 1:40 PM

Jan 2012
Holy fuck, the thing I wanted since the very first episode of season one happened this week: Konatsu did rakugo! It was to kindergartners but I'll take it! :D As I feared she was planning to just play music, but my man Yotaro...err Sukeroku wasn't having that. And she was wonderful and that tearful embrace after was wonderful and gah! It was so beautiful! :D And he was quick to call her on her BS reasoning for not doing anymore after too, but more on that later...I hope! This was the best episode of the entire series so far! And we have 8 left! Yota and Konatsu and Shin seem to be doing wonderfully so...from where will the remaining conflict bud? Well I suspect Yakumo, who still seems determined to see rakugo die, and looked a bit out of it in that preview...or maybe it was just part of his performance. We'll see but, god...just...so good! :D
Jan 27, 2017 1:50 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
THIS WAS THE MOST ADORABLE EPISODE EVER!!!!!!!! And Yota is so successful now too!!!!!!!!

Not only do I love their kid (The kid is just as much of a beast as Konatsu was when she was a kid) but we FINALLY GOT TO SEE KONATSU PERFORM RAKUGO!!!!! And she was SO GOOD too man, and that hug at the end followed by that cute family moment was just too great

I always hated this "Men Only" rule so I hope that she ends up performing as well but even if she doesn't I'm more than okay with her just playing the instruments

Apart from Yakumo being all gloomy, this was the most fun and the most I've ever smiled while watching this series and its without a doubt my all time favorite atm
Jan 27, 2017 2:12 PM

May 2015
Konatsu rakugo was amazing. :)

Also I love her smile. :)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 27, 2017 2:33 PM

Dec 2014
Joshiraku ED! And the FMA thing.

Glad to know the original story of that. This episode was full of great Konatsu moments.
I need sleep.
Jan 27, 2017 2:36 PM

Apr 2012
This episode was so lovely. ^^ And I'm glad that Konatsu is getting kinder. :)
Jan 27, 2017 2:53 PM

Feb 2015
Their kid is really adorable. All he has to do is smile and all the adults give him what he wants.
About time we finally got to see Konatsu doing rakugo. Been waiting for this since S1.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2017 3:39 PM

Jul 2010
Am I the only one slightly annoyed by the kids facial expressions after the timeskip?

That's not cute or adorable to me but more like smug little shit but I know I got problems when it comes to kids in anime anyways...

Otherwise really good episode, glad to see Konatsu getting some focus and she looks way more gorgeous now than before.
Jan 27, 2017 4:29 PM

Jan 2016
Rakugo is amazing as always. Konatsu's child is adorable, much like herself when she was that age. Higuchi's and Yakumo's talk in the car made me think of how the anime industry is today; specifically, how much it panders to the audience to save itself much like rakugo changed over time to save itself. Konatsu is a really great performer, and I wonder what she'll do to open up rakugo to women.

Oh, and the ED's visuals are awesome.
I'm just confused by the whole concept of scoring by "Writing and characters." If you're not entertained, why should you care?
Jan 27, 2017 4:35 PM

Apr 2015

;)

and the jugemu jugemo meme :D

Jan 27, 2017 4:50 PM
Mar 2015
Jugem Jugem Unko Nageki Ototoi no Shin-chan no Pantsu Shinpachi no Jinsei Balmunk Fezarion Isaac Schneider San Bun no Ichi no Junjou na Kanjou no Nokotta San Bun no Ni wa Sakamuke ga Kininaru Kanjou Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru you de Shiranai no wo Boku wa Shitteiru Rusu Surume Medaka Kazunoko Koedame Medaka... Kono Medaka wa Sakki to Chigau Yatsu Dakara Ikeno Medaka no Hou Dakara Raa-yuu Yuuteimiyaouki Mukou Pepepepepepepepepepepepe Bichiguso Maru
Jan 27, 2017 4:50 PM

Apr 2014
Amaaazingguueeeee!!!
Jan 27, 2017 4:53 PM
Jun 2016
Wow this was one of the best episodes of the whole series.

Finally got around to the original season 1 synopsis too that mentioned Konatsu wanted to be a performer as well.

Voice acting was incredible when she performed. 10/10 this season just keeps getting better.
Jan 27, 2017 5:38 PM

May 2010
Good episode, the kid is so cute and Konatsu finally got to perform
Jan 27, 2017 6:18 PM

Nov 2014
This episode was just so great, Konatsu's performance was so good and it was so adorable how happy she was when she was doing it and the hug afterward just made me melt of pure happiness.

Everything about this episode was just amazing and I loved it and I probably will watch it many more times.
Jan 27, 2017 6:32 PM

Dec 2008
That embrace after Konatsu's performance was just beautiful. This show is pure elegance.

No when is Yotaro going to stop calling her "Sis"? They've been married for at least five years now.
Jan 27, 2017 6:50 PM

May 2015
Great episode. Shit is going to hit the fan soon, isn't it.
Jan 27, 2017 7:11 PM

Sep 2014
Oh wow this episode was sweat, adorable, and heartwarming all in one!

Konatsu was stunning this episode :)

GokuJan 27, 2017 7:16 PM
Jan 27, 2017 7:17 PM

Jun 2015
I wonder where that foreshadowing during the last scene is pointing out

This episode was in the greatness territory
Jan 27, 2017 8:29 PM

Sep 2011
Tenth said:
Am I the only one slightly annoyed by the kids facial expressions after the timeskip?

That's not cute or adorable to me but more like smug little shit but I know I got problems when it comes to kids in anime anyways...

Otherwise really good episode, glad to see Konatsu getting some focus and she looks way more gorgeous now than before.

I like it because it reminds me of his dad's smile.
Even though they're not biologically related, it makes me feel like he picked up some of his dad's personality and mannerisms. He's definitely his son.
Jan 27, 2017 8:53 PM

Aug 2015
ScarRufus said:

Glad I'm not the only one who thought of this.
Jan 27, 2017 8:54 PM
Aug 2011
Konatsu really loves rakugo. :')
Cute moment when she was done with her performance and she was so happy about having performed in front of people.

Her child is cute but I can't tell if he's more adorable or bratty. He kind of straddled the line a bit here.

btw that Hii-san dude (writer) I couldn't stop noticing those POINTY teeth, they were strangely off-putting
he did seem to have jagged teeth at times before but they were so prominent in this ep.
i'm not sure if it's a fringe case scenario of a slip in visual quality unlikely? or another foreshadowing technique because honestly he's looking more predatory as the years go by...
standJan 28, 2017 1:18 AM
Jan 27, 2017 9:28 PM
Mar 2010
Damn, Jugemu Jugemu is such a nice rakugo! I remembered it being recited by Mouri Kogorou on an old Conan episode.
Jan 27, 2017 11:11 PM

Oct 2014
The cutest part of the episode is how Konatsu's kid is actually so clingy to Yakumo lol. As old and strict man as he is, even Yakumo can't resist to pester the kid. His character will always be my favorite even though the second season is less focused on him now.
"Whenever you fail at something, always remember that you won't fail as much as Usagi Drop did."
Jan 27, 2017 11:29 PM

Nov 2011
Loved the Jugemu song, Episode was excellent. AOTS so far.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 28, 2017 12:31 AM

Jul 2011
Yeah, the kid looks smug af haha. It's because he doesn't have the face of a "fool" like his dad does, so it comes off quite differently.

We have to see how the kid grows up though!
Jan 28, 2017 1:52 AM

Apr 2016
Some feminist actions right here in the middle of an old men traditional art. Good for more gender equality.

When everything goes well I always fear they throw us some random "traffic accident" or "falling in the stairs" incident for drama purpose. Let's hope it won't come to that.
Jan 28, 2017 2:42 AM

Jun 2014
It was nice to see Konatsu perform rakugo, sure it wasn't a very complex story and it was in front of a bunch of kids but it's better than nothing. She did really well for her first time.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 28, 2017 3:09 AM

Oct 2013
the kid is so cute and konatsu's rakugo was so fun.
Jan 28, 2017 5:15 AM

Jun 2013
holy shit Konatsu's Rakugo was so amazing
Jan 28, 2017 5:25 AM

Aug 2012
It's so good to finally know the history behind the Joshiraku Ending theme...

Jan 28, 2017 6:29 AM

Nov 2007
Yakumo grandpa is so weak for the little brat....uuugh my heart

And i felt so touched after Konatsu's performance.
Jan 28, 2017 10:05 AM

Aug 2016
Best episode so far. Lots of good interactions & Konatsu's performance is great. Seeing how happy she is to be on stage warms my heart. :')

ScarRufus said:

I knew I've heard that long-ass name somewhere else besides from Gintama's parody version of it:

Jan 28, 2017 10:44 AM

Sep 2015
such a lovely episode
I'm started to really like this kid

I feel like he's gonna become more and more important throughout the show
Jan 28, 2017 11:11 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I've been waiting for a mind blowing rakugo performance like those of S1 and we finally get one by none other than Konatsu. Girl has it in her genes. And her kid sure seems to be heading in that direction too.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 28, 2017 1:25 PM

Apr 2015
Konatsu was acting exactly at the same way when she was younger: totally excited to do rakugo. It's really cool to see her doing sth that she really likes

And Yakumo, as usual, being stubborn and not accepting new stories. But I can't help not liking him
Jan 28, 2017 3:47 PM

Sep 2009
If someone does not know there are female shun'ichi rakugoka nowdays, although they are still much rare than male ones.

As for the ep itself it was great. And pros to Yuu Kobayashi for vher performance as Konatsu.
Jan 28, 2017 6:49 PM

Sep 2013
This episode was a fucking masterpiece.
Jan 28, 2017 7:33 PM

May 2013
I was really happy to see Kikuhiko's stern face melt down in front of his "grandson." The kid definitely has good manners.
Jan 28, 2017 11:08 PM
Aug 2014
Oh man, what a great episode, probably my favorite across both seasons (so far at least). Pretty surprising actually since I usually loathe large time skips...but hey, Konatsu seems much happier (all those smiles for her son, on the bus ride, at the kid's show, etc.), Yota's performing is so much better (that alone makes up for the time skip in my eyes, I couldn't stand his rushed delivery in the first few episodes). You can definitely tell the kid grew up in a rakugo household :P

I am not a huge fan of the guy with the glasses, his shark-like teeth really reinforce his pushy / assertive nature...

ALSO, I sooooo want a video of Konatsu's voice actor while she is voicing the scene where she does the rakugo (and omg, Kona did rakugo!!)

Tenth said:

Yes, that face is exactly as you say...smug little shit, lol.
Jan 28, 2017 11:15 PM
Oct 2016
THIS SHOW IS PURE GOLD!!!
Jan 29, 2017 4:53 AM

Feb 2012
Yota hugging Konatsu after her performance was incredibly cute! Her performance was awesome. Yota is a great husband and father.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jan 29, 2017 6:55 AM

Feb 2016
the baby has grown up into cute smart boy. damn,, wanna hug him >,<
Jan 29, 2017 7:13 AM

Sep 2014
dupreeh said:
It's so good to finally know the history behind the Joshiraku Ending theme...

I thought only I had realized this, when he started to talk juguemu I already caught myself singing the endning of Joshiraku

The development of the characters is being very good, I'm getting really more involved in the story, very good !!
Brazilian,24yo; —"Man propose, God dispose."
"
Jan 29, 2017 7:27 AM

Apr 2016
This episode was beyond cute Konatsu's performance was awesome and her son is just adorable my personal favorite in 2nd season.Also I couldn't help myself but laugh because I remembered Jugem teasing from Gintama lol.
Jan 29, 2017 9:27 AM

Jan 2013
Very enjoyable episode, there needs to be new Rakugo written.
Jan 29, 2017 6:22 PM
Aug 2016
I feel like allowing women to perform rakugo is going to be one of the ways that rakugo is made relevant to the modern era... the inherent sexism in having male only story tellers is obviously from an older time, so i bet encouraging female performers will spike interest in all the women who may have felt left out over all those years...

in addition, i think it will give a refreshing new "style" to the medium. i mean, female storytellers most definitely can give an entirely new feel/perspective from male storytellers. so far, the only method of revitalizing rakguo that has been mentioned is the writer's efforts to introduce new rakugo works. this is a good idea, but i think it won't be the only factor in the show. the impact of allowing female performers will also be important to making the medium popular again
Jan 30, 2017 12:58 AM

Jan 2011
I recall hearing an English version of Jugemu as a kid.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Who is the father of Konatsu's first child? *SPOIER?* ( 1 2 )

OGOTAKU - Mar 12, 2017

67 by Maahir97 »»
Apr 17, 12:04 PM

» Bit surprised to see s2 rated higher than s1

Korppi - Aug 9, 2017

11 by Pursueth »»
Feb 26, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabi-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2017

103 by prozyne »»
Jan 2, 9:29 AM

Poll: » Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabi-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2017

67 by silent_lurker »»
Dec 22, 2023 2:55 PM

Poll: » Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabi-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2017

118 by silent_lurker »»
Dec 17, 2023 9:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.