Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 28, 2017 11:05 AM
Oct 2013

I´ll just leave this here.
IsterioJan 28, 2017 2:06 PM
Jan 28, 2017 12:47 PM

Mar 2014
Do people really expected that Draco Meteor could possibly even harm a Fairy-Type?
Jan 28, 2017 2:56 PM

Oct 2015
So... every single bones of Erza's been crushed, except a few in one of her arms, which is enough for her to launch herself into the sky, crush a meteorite literally single-handedly with ease. Then manages to slash Irene on the way back, gets pierced through by her sword, and still manages to "fight" her. And remains conscious afterwards.

I get it she's Erza, but even Naruto has never had that enormous bullshit-amount of nakama-power with crushed bones.
She will be the mother of Chuck Norris, or there is no way I comprehend this.
Jan 28, 2017 3:59 PM

Nov 2015
What a waste of a sub plotline, really nothing of interest in Erza's character or any type of relevance she gets. This was just so poorly done. She was able to muster enough strength to land a blow, and conveniently Wendy comes out of nowhere to give another enchantment as if we are supposed to believe this makes perfectly sense.

Then Erza gets up ignoring the broken bones body, just to bash Eileen with a pitiful POF speech. Then LOL we are suppose to feel sad for Eileen as Mashima conveniently twists out of his ass. My dislike for Erza continues to increase. Mashima really ruined her just as much as her mother.
Poorly writing, contrived, mediocre. You name it.

Eileen should've stayed evil imo.

One of the worst fights of the arc. Literally no diversity in Erza anymore. Same old get up and armor using the red panths, which is sad because she had 1000 armors + which Mashima can't be bothered to use for variety purposes. Erza has no creativity. Same old shit and same old nonsense.

Overall just terrible. Erza's mary sue status is on whole another level. Thank god we are finally moving on to better and more interesting aspects of the arc.
Jan 28, 2017 8:47 PM

Jan 2012
BECAUSE SHE'S ERZA

lol people ask how she destroyed the big Meteor

like someone said next chapter hopefully E.N.D finally fully awakens.

Jan 28, 2017 9:51 PM
Apr 2011
Well... it wasn't far from what I predicted, just no body swapping and Erza wasn't even hurt by that meteor. Still, love was the answer. :P

Dragon or Demon? Why not Malfegor?
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Jan 28, 2017 11:38 PM

Nov 2014
Fairy Tail a.k.a Because she's Erza at its best again~

Why did I expect a fairly decent end to a fight this time for no reason? XD
Jan 29, 2017 12:46 AM

Oct 2011
Biggest BS ever!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 29, 2017 3:23 AM

Sep 2014
This must be the easiest 1/5 I ever gave for a chapter.And I don't even need to explain why.
Jan 29, 2017 5:37 AM

May 2015
Well...that is some bullshit I saw. Yeah...so even Eileen is some generic bad (but good inside) enemy.

I have enough of this. My score goes down.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 29, 2017 7:04 AM

Apr 2012
Great read, it's not like I wanted Ezra to lose.

I've been reading fairy tail for awhile now I know how these fights go
Jan 29, 2017 8:25 AM
Jun 2016
Lol so I guess Screwattack should do a rematch
Jan 29, 2017 8:58 AM
Sep 2014
What the fuck? This was even worse than the time Kakashi obtained Susanoo.
Jan 29, 2017 11:53 AM

Nov 2013
With each new chapter i know more why reading FT while taking a dump fits so well.
Jan 29, 2017 3:08 PM
Jan 2016
Ok, here is the best way to kill Acnologia and Zeref.... put Erza against them...

I can't believe that a character (Irene) who could face Acnologia face to face and in almost even terms (otherwise she wouldn't provoke him) would lose, or better, wouldn't be able to defeat her almost totally broken daughter... off course this can happen if we talk about Erza, but this thing is what makes people hate her...
Jan 29, 2017 6:08 PM

Mar 2016
Just quickly gonna add this as an afterthought : I'm calling dibs on Irene not dying and being saved by FT. Knowing how difficult it is for Mashima to send his characters off, I wouldn't be surprised if that happened. (did someone say Ultear)
Jan 29, 2017 8:25 PM
Aug 2015
I dont know why people hate the chap. Or its me whos weird to like it. Maybe because i leave my logic behind. Maybe
Jan 30, 2017 6:42 AM
Apr 2014
LMFAOOOOOO

thanks for the laugh Hiro.
Jan 30, 2017 6:42 AM

Nov 2014
This is getting drawn out too loooooonnnggg... Im still waiting on FT casualties, aside from the old geezer, im missing out on some legit casualties to make up for these BS upgrades and battles.
Jan 30, 2017 7:08 AM
Dec 2016
The BS Tail.
Irene shouldn't have even gotten injured in a fight with Erza/Wendy in the first place and Erza pulled out a shit ton of BS with destroying that meteor and cutting Irene.
The whole chapters lately have been pure BS and the usual "FT is the best thing ever" fans are eating it up with no complaints at all whatsoever.
Jan 30, 2017 7:15 AM
Dec 2016
For those who don't see what was wrong with the chapter I suggest reading from the start of when the spriggan first appeared.
After you're done maybe you can see why everyone is calling BS, Logically speaking Erza shouldn't have even been able to a finger on Irene.
Jan 30, 2017 7:18 AM
Feb 2013
My reaction to this chapter
Jan 30, 2017 7:24 AM

Sep 2012
i am not surprised if makarov will came back to live later on
Jan 30, 2017 10:44 AM
Jan 2016
Vileblood_Hunter said:
Just quickly gonna add this as an afterthought : I'm calling dibs on Irene not dying and being saved by FT. Knowing how difficult it is for Mashima to send his characters off, I wouldn't be surprised if that happened. (did someone say Ultear)

Irene pierced herself like Juvia did, and Wendy is there, not just somewhere near as she was with Juvia. So...it could happen.
Jan 30, 2017 10:44 AM

Feb 2014
Haha, what a piece of crap chapter.
Erza destroying the meteor like it was a little pebble then proceed somehow to move her BROKEN! body right into Dragon Irene and slashes her with some BS out-of-nowhere enchantment we never heard before from the loli. Oh yeah, hadn´t enough? How about a wake-up-headbutt like in Naruto vs Gaara AGAIN her body is still BROKEN! so the hot MILF can get a last second redemption because females can NEVER be evil otherwise all those japanese fags can´t fap to it.
Why bother with END send Erza out she can finish Acnologia and Zeref with just her ripped out head, I just hope Fairy Tail gets real sales drop so Mashima can finish this shit and finally move on to hentai.
Jan 30, 2017 1:00 PM
Nov 2016
I think the way it ended was good. Irene the whole time wanted a new body but when she got it (through Wendy) she lost it. In the end it was Erza's laugh that bought her back to her senses and made her realize that she couldn't kill her own daughter. She was so blinded by rage and greed that she forgot about her love for the baby she carried for 400 years. When she killed herself I think it was her coming to terms with everything and realizing that as a mother she still loved Erza and would rather be the one to die in the fight
Jan 30, 2017 4:33 PM

Nov 2015
>Attempted to practically end Erza's life, even sending a meteor at her...
>Said she doesn't want to actually kill Erza.

Lel kek
Jan 30, 2017 4:43 PM

Nov 2016
I call bullshit on this chapter and this arc
Jan 30, 2017 10:43 PM
Feb 2015
Erza cheats death once again, but it was still kinda cool.
Irene's death was a little too sudden for my taste. It worked out, but her character could've been drawn out way more then it was. Although it's not that big of a loss, FT has more than enough villains turned good to last the rest of the series.
The one thing that got me was when Irene said she couldn't be slain. In my head I was like "Exactly! Nobody but a dragon slayer SHOULD be able to slay a dragon anyway. Not just for validation of dragon slayer magic, but because it would seem weird for a non dragon slayer to be known as a dragon slayer. That would be an annoying reputation for me to accept.".
Then Wendy starts to move.
I felt like Mashima trolled me...
Oh well, irritating as it was, it still made me chuckle. I HOPE NATSU GETS HIS S**T TOGETHER NEXT CHAPTER!!!!
Jan 31, 2017 8:45 AM

May 2014
I don't care what anyone says, these past few chapter were amazing and I teared up at the end of this one! Really excited for the next chapter, sounds like we will learn more about Natsu.
Jan 31, 2017 12:03 PM

Mar 2008
MelodyElodie said:
Probably my closet reaction to this chapter:
https://youtu.be/VyynHrCKJH4

Why am I even still reading Fairy Tail?

I think this captures my feeling on the chapter a bit better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb4R-FvEKgM

God this is so damn stupid. Maybe if it was just BS regarding the meteor that wouldn't be as bad. Have Wendy wake up and power Erza up to destroy that thing. A bit stupid, but not painful. Then have Acnologia show up having Irene turned into a dragon sending a signal flare up to him. If you wanted to have a turn for Irene then sure then have her somehow send Erza and Wendy further away before she dies. That at least makes her death do something useful.

But no...let's just have this BS occur.
Jan 31, 2017 12:39 PM
Oct 2013
FlareKnight said:
MelodyElodie said:
Probably my closet reaction to this chapter:
https://youtu.be/VyynHrCKJH4

Why am I even still reading Fairy Tail?

I think this captures my feeling on the chapter a bit better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb4R-FvEKgM

Already had beaten all of you.

Jan 31, 2017 2:50 PM

Jun 2013
You kinda lose faith (lost it long ago tho) in this manga whenever Erza has a fight. I'm not gonna drop the series, I was too invested in it to give up now. Good side the art is still pertty.
Jan 31, 2017 3:40 PM
Nov 2016
I understand what Mashima thinking about this chapter, he want to surprise all readers, and it was very surprising indeed. I was expecting Irene to be on Erza side though, but not this soon and drastic turn out 180*. The other reason why Erza is ridiculously strong is because Mashima need to show that all MC is stronger than all sprigans, so they have a chance to fight Acnologia equally. But because of this surprising chapter, this chapter also get surprising hate.
Jan 31, 2017 10:29 PM

Sep 2013
I was super excited that we finally got the Irene vs Erza storyline...

and it ended in this fashion...

I'm very disappointed. It was touching for sure, but it was very disappointing regardless. This was too short. Erza, who is my favorite FT character but she literally went One Punch Man on that meteor and one shot Irene when she's a dragon...a dragon that lived for hundreds of years...no way she can be that weak.

I love Erza, but COME ON MAN! Are you saying that Erza with one arm and Wendy's enchantment is strong enough to defeat a dragon!?

2/5- Though Irene ending herself rather than her daughter was touching, this whole story and how it ended fell flat for me. Hopefully this gets better but the past 2 years this arc has been awful. I did love Irene's backstory though, but that's the saving grace from me completely shitting on this.

When August finally fights on screen, who wants to bet that his battle will last at 3-4 chapters? Not counting the backstory, I'm sure he'll be a focal point for at least 6 chapters then he's done....I mean all the other spriggans were treated the same way.

Feb 1, 2017 2:08 AM

Nov 2011
The fight itself was okay until that ending..

"What really?" is pretty much my first thought. Pretty underwhelming. Felt like the fight itself was rushed at the end as well. At least we'll be focusing on other parts of this arc now rather than Erza.
Feb 1, 2017 10:37 PM
Dec 2015
I do hate the phrase "because she's Erza" but come to think of it... Mashima showed how strong Erza is, not because she's OP but because she's just really strong.. If Kagura can slice up a mountain then it's possible Erza could smash a meteor, after all She's the fairy Queen.. The title Titania is given to her because she's indeed a Queen.
Feb 2, 2017 12:24 AM
Oct 2013
adrian123s said:
I do hate the phrase "because she's Erza" but come to think of it... Mashima showed how strong Erza is, not because she's OP but because she's just really strong.. If Kagura can slice up a mountain then it's possible Erza could smash a meteor, after all She's the fairy Queen.. The title Titania is given to her because she's indeed a Queen.

The stupidity of the chapter doesn´t come from her being able to slice a meteor, that´s a Shounen hero given. The bs part is that all her bones besides her one arm are broken. ITS BS and there is no way to defend it.

Because Erza´s powerscaling is backwards. If it was revealed that she has a hidden passive ability that enhances her stregth the more she´s injured well than all this horseshit over the years would make sense. But this was never revealed and it would be too late at this point to convince anyone, this is an ability that would had to be revealed soon after or before the introduction of her wins.
Feb 4, 2017 4:15 PM

Mar 2008
yawn... wtf is this -_-
Feb 5, 2017 4:13 PM
Sep 2010
what the fuk
when did fairy tail become one punch man

wait. nvm. he unironically takes inspiration from everything. comets included
Feb 10, 2017 6:04 PM

Oct 2015
MajinAkuma said:
Do people really expected that Draco Meteor could possibly even harm a Fairy-Type?

if only mal had a like system,^i would like this so hard
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Feb 11, 2017 8:33 AM
Jul 2018
This is chapter sucked so hard.
Mar 16, 2017 8:31 PM
Oct 2014
Don't know if anybody recognizes, despite how a lot of people are hating on certain FT chapters like this one,

but when it comes to the anime screen, the comments and criticisms take a 180 degree change. Full of compliments like "Love it, didn't see that coming, What a episode!, etc.".....it's as if the anime ep and chapters are completely different even though they're the same....

This has going for a while, and it wouldn't pass me that when this chapter goes anime (or if it goes anime), it will be all loving it instead of hating it....

Am I missing something here?
bkim999Mar 16, 2017 8:35 PM
May 11, 2017 8:44 AM

Dec 2014
aww touching mother daughter love maybe Erza's mom was not all that bad
Aug 17, 2018 2:57 AM

Feb 2013
Nice ending for this fight, she couldn't kill her own daughter.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 248 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Aug 27, 2011

75 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 244 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Wasabi - Jul 22, 2011

69 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 234 Discussion ( 1 2 )

smokes - May 16, 2011

51 by aod-kun »»
Mar 16, 10:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.