Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 26, 2017 12:16 PM

Jun 2015
Hey guys, I have just watched C;H ep 0 and 1 and I thought to myself that it really doesn't suit an anime.

The VN would be way and way better I think. So can someone tell me if Chaos;Child and Chaos;Head are worth reading?
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jan 26, 2017 5:09 PM

Aug 2011
Leagues better.
Chaos;Head is pretty good, but it does have its flaws. I do recommend reading it, though.
Chaos;Child, on the other hand, is absolutely fantastic. It's on the same level as Steins;Gate. The anime, however, seems like it will be shit. It's already made very significant cuts and changes, and the characters are just shadows of themselves.

I recommend both, starting of course with Chaos;Head. If for some reason you can't get to like C;H, I'd say it's fine to go ahead and read C;C instead. It fixes everything wrong with C;H, and you don't really need to read C;H to understand C;C.

Just in case, though... Chaos;Child is not translated yet. But there's some rumors it'll get an official release this year.
Jan 26, 2017 5:10 PM

Oct 2012
Takamura-sama said:
Hey guys, I have just watched C;H ep 0 and 1 and I thought to myself that it really doesn't suit an anime.

The VN would be way and way better I think. So can someone tell me if Chaos;Child and Chaos;Head are worth reading?

I guess you could read original Chaos;Head to understand everything A LOT better.
It's sequel afterall. And there are many hints and references to it all over the place.
Episode 0 is nearly useless at that as it shows what happened but doesn't really explain anything.

But yeah, seeing ep3 now, it's pretty rushed. Even that, it's still pretty true to the novel, they just cut out some scenes while animating the rest pretty truthfully. It's just many things are not there and I also fear what comes of missing characterization when the series will need it for some impact.
Mich666Jan 26, 2017 5:15 PM
Feb 24, 2017 12:56 AM
Jan 2017
My opinion:
C;C VN > S;G VN > C;H VN ≈ R;B VN
Nov 12, 2017 3:06 AM
May 2015
yotuba said:
Leagues better.
Chaos;Head is pretty good, but it does have its flaws. I do recommend reading it, though.
Chaos;Child, on the other hand, is absolutely fantastic. It's on the same level as Steins;Gate. The anime, however, seems like it will be shit. It's already made very significant cuts and changes, and the characters are just shadows of themselves.

I recommend both, starting of course with Chaos;Head. If for some reason you can't get to like C;H, I'd say it's fine to go ahead and read C;C instead. It fixes everything wrong with C;H, and you don't really need to read C;H to understand C;C.

Just in case, though... Chaos;Child is not translated yet. But there's some rumors it'll get an official release this year.

I have noticed that the chaos;child visual novel has the utsuge tag in vndb. It seems pretty interesting, but if it is one of the types that only have sad endings (where main characters etc) i probably wont be up for it. Could you please spoil me about just that, but not the details that reveal too much?

Also, does anyone know when this will be available for download in english?
Nov 12, 2017 3:35 AM

Oct 2015
TheBuddahman said:
yotuba said:
Leagues better.

I have noticed that the chaos;child visual novel has the utsuge tag in vndb. It seems pretty interesting, but if it is one of the types that only have sad endings (where main characters etc) i probably wont be up for it. Could you please spoil me about just that, but not the details that reveal too much?

It's actually shown in the anime if I'm not mistaken.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/35315/Ch%C3%A4oS_Child__Silent_Sky
Nov 12, 2017 5:20 AM
May 2015
EGOIST said:
TheBuddahman said:

I havent watched the anime and neither do i plan to do so.
Nov 12, 2017 5:27 AM

Oct 2015
TheBuddahman said:
EGOIST said:

I havent watched the anime and neither do i plan to do so.
Since you didn't, let's just say it's a happy sad ending. All well that ends well but things weren't the same as before and it's not a happy one for the other characters on another perspective. I personally think it's a tragic ending for most of the main cast but they were satisfied after the aftermath so yeah...
Dec 31, 2017 3:29 AM

Jan 2013
probably more bearable. but then again the anime adaptation is soo bad that it is actually good so i would still go with this instead.
Jun 30, 2021 8:20 AM
Dec 2017
yeah its best to play the vn instead.

Aug 4, 2022 2:03 PM

Jun 2019
Yes, the visual novel is really good and definitely worth your time. The characters in the anime are hollow shells in comparison to the original source. Furthermore, the emotional moments and plot twists have far more impact with proper build up and context.

More topics from this board

» Does this take place in Steins;Gate timeline?

rikuhod - Jan 18, 2017

14 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Jun 19, 2023 8:27 AM

» The Dubbed Version

PersonaTexas - Jan 17, 2016

3 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
May 14, 2023 4:54 AM

Poll: » ChäoS;Child Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2017

88 by MilesCampbell »»
Apr 3, 2023 1:14 PM

Poll: » ChäoS;Child Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2017

45 by MilesCampbell »»
Nov 18, 2022 9:04 AM

Poll: » ChäoS;Child Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2017

58 by Dogstideta »»
Oct 8, 2022 7:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.