Joined: Aug 2013
I stumbled about this website : http://says.com/my/lifestyle/things-you-should-stop-doing-in-2017 and I think better if I could share it here. Go to the link if you want to more graphic / info of the list.
Basically short list of it are:
1. Worrying about what other people will think
3. Overspending on trivial things
4. Dwelling in the past
5. Being 'okay' with 'okay' - why not do something great?
6. Being afraid to fail
7. Putting your dreams on hold
8. Finding excuses
9. Doubting yourself
10. Cursing. A lot.
11. Judging someone before getting to know them
12. Avoiding confrontation
13. Avoiding change
14. Not giving
15. Withholding compliments
16. Complaining about all the little things
17. Complaining about all the big things
18. Not doing anything to solve the problem
20. Thinking you're not good enough
21. Talking behind people's backs
22. Not keeping your resolutions
23. Blaming others
24. Staying in your comfort zone
25. Settling for less
I feel like I have all of these problems and deep in my heart I know I need to change but most of times I feel like Im not in control of my body. Im kinda pessimistic person real life (and that why some neet anime feel really close to me) so the list did give me some impact.
So, do you guys have any combinations problems from the list?
Watching style atm:
1. Mindless Gaming + Anime streaming with dual monitor
2. Focused + Anime binged watching with speed up
3. Couch / Bed Anime watching with large TV
4. Relaxing in virtual cinema with VR.
Joined: Nov 2012
I don't think most of these are bad.
Procrastinating, staying in comfort zone, worrying about what people will think? These are normal things.
Staying in comfort zone can save your life, procrastination is good for your body aka resting and doing nothing also your mind, settling for less can save you from unnecessary risks. Cursing is okay in the right environment if people aren't bothered with it why not, I don't curse but I don't have a problem with people cursing it's just a way of expression.
Everyone does these things while some of these like talking behind peoples backs, not giving, finding excuses are bad but literally putting dreams on hold and being afraid of fail is just OK.
The ones that I agree that people or I should change rest is literally okay if you ask me.
21, 20, 18, 8, 2, 14.
Joined: Apr 2013
Erg_Orgy said:yeah like a big platitude with a giant fuck you undertoned
Ah, one of the infamous "BE PERFECT!" guides.
While many of the points make sense, these kinds of lists always make it sound like it's so easy and it's just a question of wanting it or not, which is a silly assumption.
Kinda reminds me of this:
Joined: Dec 2013
Yeah I agree with what people above me are saying. It kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth? It's something I'd imagine an old retired person saying that the youth of today has to "do better" in a condescending "we're better than you" tone.
"There are better places to take a nap than on the ground, you know."