Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jan 27, 2017 7:22 AM

Dec 2016
Immahnoob said:
BlueBlack37 said:
Yea there are many, I know that. But it's not the ''majority''. Don't know about illegals, but I know refugees who just wanna live their life. Wanted to get that point across.
I don't know what to say, crime rates soared since they arrived. And why do we have to take refugees anyway? Our citizens don't have to suffer because of another countries stupidity.
Refugees have an incompatible religion and culture, hence why they're an issue.

Yes that's undeniable, but the misconception that ''all refugees are bad'' can easily rise if we just look at immigration from a negative standpoint all the time. It is a real problem and it pains me when I see all those crimes on that map, but I want to cling to that mindset that a majority of people just want peace, even if it's naive. But I think you understand what I'm saying, it's not like this is anything new.
Jan 27, 2017 7:23 AM

Apr 2012
@BatoKusanagi
It's double the fun when you notice that whatever he says on Twitter is bullshit, but he never gets along with it most of the times or does the opposite.

E.g. "I'LL SEND IN THE FEDS". That's actually an act of fascism, obviously, he didn't and won't do it, yet the media jumped on that Tweet to further demonize him.
Everything Trump does is put under a microscope and the doomsayers are foreseeing our deaths.

That's pretty much why Trump is winning more than he's losing. That's why the 4D Chess meme became a thing. Too many coincidences of him basically baiting the media and then using that against them.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jan 27, 2017 7:32 AM

Jun 2008
@Immahnoob...

I agree with you about the Black population having higher crimes than other groups...not sure what this has to do with illegals though, and there's nothing we can do about it anyway.

At the very least can you agree with me that Employers giving jobs to illegals is definitely a HUGE problem?

And that IF you go after Employers doing that....you can definitely help the problem.

I mean for god sakes....THAT is a crime....a financial crime!

When an Employer gives a job to an illegal and covers it up....that is HUGE.
Jan 27, 2017 7:39 AM

May 2014
Have fun in hell Americans.

Jan 27, 2017 7:39 AM

Jan 2017
Donald Trump just needs to chill the heck out and watch some anime. :<

im weeb trash

Jan 27, 2017 7:47 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
@Immahnoob People take Twiiter too seriously; Trump doesn't.We're talking about a man who retweeted a Pepe meme ffs. The media just never learns.
Jan 27, 2017 9:01 AM

Dec 2016
So, what is your problem exactly? A politician, who promised something, and after he has been elected, he actually do it. I know it sounds strange, but this is, how things should work.
Jan 27, 2017 9:44 AM

Apr 2012
@JustALEX
It has to do with it because these rates tend to overlap, that's why it matters.
I have nothing to say about your idea since I don't really know much about how employment works there when it comes to illegals and I really am not in the mood to check that shit out.
With the little info I have I agree with you that that would also be a good idea. But instead of sanctions, have them be forced to check if the people they're employing are illegals or not first.
The VISA should have something written on it, right?

I personally wouldn't mind sanctioning businesses if they fuck up, since they tend to work with a lot of money. I for one could think of a few issues with the idea, but I'm not going to voice them since they seem minimal, e.g. just sanctioning businesses does not seem something Trump would do or what his counselors would bring up.
It would be a great addition to the current bill on illegals.
SecretWings said:
Donald Trump just needs to chill the heck out and watch some anime. :<
He already made memes real. I'm sure the next objective is to make Anime real.
Vamzer said:
So, what is your problem exactly? A politician, who promised something, and after he has been elected, he actually do it. I know it sounds strange, but this is, how things should work.
The prevalent argument is that he promised a lot of things that seemed impossible or people simply didn't like, so they're like "We never thought it would happen!".

Actual Trump supporters supported him for these promises. Some voted so they wouldn't vote for Hillary though.

Autocrat said:
Jan 27, 2017 9:59 AM

Jun 2016
Guess it's a good time to listen to the national trump anthem.

"The sun is my enemy, but the moon has been good to me."
Jan 27, 2017 10:11 AM

Apr 2012
Mokir said:

It's kind of low quality though. We need something more serious.
They try to be biased against him in this video, but he still wins. Like always.

Too bad there aren't any fan songs that are better than these below-average raps.

Autocrat said:
Jan 27, 2017 10:50 AM

Jan 2013
Mokir said:

No its not, his Anthem is this.

Jan 27, 2017 12:12 PM

Dec 2016
Vamzer said:

Well he promised Mexico would pay for the Wall, but right now it is American taxpayers who are footing the bill. Trump says he will eventually get Mexico to pay but the fact that he has turned to Congress for funds and Mexico repeatedly saying they will not pay leads me to believe that Mexico will never end up paying.

What's the difference?
Jan 27, 2017 12:16 PM

Dec 2016
Gohdhand said:
Vamzer said:

Well he promised Mexico would pay for the Wall, but right now it is American taxpayers who are footing the bill. Trump says he will eventually get Mexico to pay but the fact that he has turned to Congress for funds and Mexico repeatedly saying they will not pay leads me to believe that Mexico will never end up paying.

If he take the money from the illegal migrants, and mexican drug dealers, then it could work :D
Jan 27, 2017 1:50 PM

Jul 2012
@Immahnoob
Oh wow so many false facts in such a short period of time.
Actually, overstaying is a crime and ethnic groups besides whites tend to commit more crimes in general.
So they are criminals and they tend to also be violent.

Actually after checking overstaying a visa isn't a crime, but staying longer than 6 months can result in penalties to their visa when they leave (many of which can be waived assuming they don't reapply for extended stays or anything of that nature before the 6 month period). Even crossing the border illegally is just a misdemeanor so it's about as illegal as jaywalking in some areas. But again as I have stated many times, the group that crosses the border statistically is less violent and will commit less crimes than native citizens or later generations but by all means stick to your alternative facts. (In fact from 1990 to 2010, when illegal immigration became a buzz topic, violent crime rates in the US dropped by 45% as undocumented immigration rates tripled. Falling by 14% in the top 19 immigration states compared to 7% in the rest according to the National Institute of Corrections)
But it is essential. It's essential to stop welfare leechers, job leechers, non-tax payers and overall criminals.

So you're ok with them suckling on welfare and paying less taxes then? Because you forgot to quote that part.

This part is just pure lying. Undocumented immigrants pay about 8% of their total incomes in state and local taxes each year (compared to 5% of incomes for the average native citizen) which totals about $11.64 billion per year in state and local taxes.
Not to mention they can't get welfare or food stamps, because you know they aren't citizens, I would have thought that was common sense. Granted they can go to school and get emergency medical care.
As for the brief discussion about what kind of jobs they take. Here's the data that a majority of them are working in lower end (blue collar) jobs. Compared to the increasing amount of native citizens working in professional jobs (usually due to higher education standards for native citizens and an aging workforce). There has also been little correlation in immigration rates and unemployment among native citizens because immigrants tend to fill the gaps that Americans can't or won't and again tend to go for the lower paying blue collar jobs which statistically most Americans aren't doing.
GamerDLMJan 27, 2017 1:55 PM
Jan 27, 2017 1:56 PM

Jun 2011
GamerDLM said:
Not to mention they can't get welfare or food stamps, because you know they aren't citizens, I would have thought that was common sense.

Yeah, I don't know where this meme that illegal immigrants are getting tons of welfare comes from. If you aren't a citizen then you get no government benefits.
Jan 27, 2017 2:03 PM

Apr 2012
@GamerDLM
Oh wow so many false facts in such a short period of time.
Really?
Actually after checking overstaying a visa isn't a crime
Yes it is.
but staying longer than 6 months can result in penalties to their visa when they leave (many of which can be waived assuming they don't reapply for extended stays or anything of that nature before the 6 month period). Even crossing the border illegally is just a misdemeanor so it's about as illegal as jaywalking in some areas.
So it's a crime.
But again as I have stated many times, the group that crosses the border statistically is less violent and will commit less crimes than native citizens or later generations but by all means stick to your alternative facts. (In fact from 1990 to 2010, when illegal immigration became a buzz topic, violent crime rates in the US dropped by 45% as undocumented immigration rates tripled. Falling by 14% in the top 19 immigration states compared to 7% in the rest according to the National Institute of Corrections)
You stated, based on a random biased site, when I showed you the actual statistics of the FBI, showing you that ethnic groups tend to be more violent than whites.
This part is just pure lying. Undocumented immigrants pay about 8% of their total incomes in state and local taxes each year (compared to 5% of incomes for the average native citizen) which totals about $11.64 billion per year in state and local taxes.
Show me some sources and how they calculated that shit. Because I see other numbers. Way higher averages for natives (and more believable).
Not to mention they can't get welfare or food stamps, because you know they aren't citizens, I would have thought that was common sense. Granted they can go to school and get emergency medical care.
They can, though not fully, just as you said. Why are you claiming that it's acceptable we pay any type of money on illegals?
They get full welfare through "anchor babies" too.
As for the brief discussion about what kind of jobs they take. Here's the data that a majority of them are working in lower end (blue collar) jobs. Compared to the increasing amount of native citizens working in professional jobs (usually due to higher education standards for native citizens and an aging workforce).
Who cares? There are still people without jobs that could take those jobs from the illegals.
After all, they're illegals.
Narmy said:
GamerDLM said:
Not to mention they can't get welfare or food stamps, because you know they aren't citizens, I would have thought that was common sense.

Yeah, I don't know where this meme that illegal immigrants are getting tons of welfare comes from. If you aren't a citizen then you get no government benefits.
"I must suckle on the teat of another because my own do not produce any arguments."

Ever heard of anchor babies, Narmy?

Autocrat said:
Jan 27, 2017 2:22 PM

Jan 2013
Gohdhand said:
Vamzer said:

As I noted on one of the pages before, Mexico can be made to pay via sanctions and tariffs, which it seems Trump is set on.
Jan 27, 2017 2:45 PM

Jul 2012
@Immahnoob
Well since you bring up anchor babies, those are also a myth. The parents can still be deported and choose to bring the child with them. But the child is a native because they were born on US soil, and the child can apply to have their parents become citizens only after the age of 21. In fact according to the ICE over 46,000 parents of native born children were deported.
As for the rest why don't you take another crack at reading or do you just naturally have the reading comprehension of a first grader? Also not sure how the National Institute of Corrections in this specific case falls under "biased sites" and I fully encouraged you to search yourself.
Also a penalty to a visa =/= crime, nor is overstaying according to federal law but by all means look that up. Crossing the border without being checked I said is a misdemeanor and very different from entering through a visa through a check point.
Jan 27, 2017 3:07 PM

Apr 2012
@GamerDLM
Well since you bring up anchor babies, those are also a myth. The parents can still be deported and choose to bring the child with them. But the child is a native because they were born on US soil, and the child can apply to have their parents become citizens only after the age of 21.
Who said anything about their citizenship? They can use the fact that the baby is an US citizen FOR welfare.
In fact according to the ICE over 46,000 parents of native born children were deported.
Who cares?
Also not sure how the National Institute of Corrections in this specific case falls under "biased sites" and I fully encouraged you to search yourself.
Only between 18-39 MALES and no consideration on the fact that illegals are not the same numbers as whites or their specific native ethnic groups.
Also a penalty to a visa =/= crime
Anything you get penalized for legally is a crime. You're now trying to force this into a "B-but muh illegulz are only breaking civil law not criminal law!".
nor is overstaying according to federal law but by all means look that up.
See above.
Crossing the border without being checked I said is a misdemeanor and very different from entering through a visa through a check point.
That's actually breaking federal law, it's called "improper entry".

In the end, this actually doesn't matter. They're not meant to be in the US after their VISA expires.

Autocrat said:
Jan 27, 2017 3:33 PM

Apr 2012
kamisu said:
lmao 2k17 is gonna be one hilarious year.
And 2018, and 2019, and 2020...

Then we'll have another 4 years of our Glorious Emperor.
To then maybe have an eternity of him because he'll finally show his true colors as Emperor of Mankind.

Autocrat said:
Jan 27, 2017 3:37 PM

Jul 2012
@Immahnoob
The parents don't magically gain citizenship because their child is a citizen and they wouldn't be able to get the welfare benefits until the child turns 21 and is able to apply to make them citizens. (Also statistics have often shown the few benefits like emergency health services and school cost less than they pay total in taxes so either way the leech mentality is misguided at best)
The second part was to state how it was a myth.
The next part I think you might need to brush up on English or elaborate more because what you said has no relation to what I said. Unless you're saying the top immigration states having a decrease in violent crimes during a period in which illegal immigration tripled has no correlation. I can't even see how you could unironically try to say things like they're taking jobs if that were the case.
Next part is purely bs. A crime is defined as an act punishable by law, if overstaying a visa is not considered illegal than it is not a crime. To elaborate it limits their admissibility to apply for another stay but I guess phrasing it as a penalty would also be a touch over the top. Basically it limits their chances to return to the country if they stay for longer than 6 months but prior to that it isn't even a factor. Also making the next part wrong.
It's a federal misdemeanor, still a misdemeanor.
Jan 27, 2017 3:56 PM

Apr 2012
@GamerDLM
The parents don't magically gain citizenship because their child is a citizen
Here we are again, talking about shit that we've went through. This does not matter, GamerDLM.

Do you know why? Because that's not what using anchor babies for welfare means.
(Also statistics have often shown the few benefits like emergency health services and school cost less than they pay total in taxes so either way the leech mentality is misguided at best)
You still have yet to provide me that 5% stats for the native citizens.
The second part was to state how it was a myth.
What part? Facts aren't myths.
The next part I think you might need to brush up on English or elaborate more because what you said has no relation to what I said. Unless you're saying the top immigration states having a decrease in violent crimes during a period in which illegal immigration tripled has no correlation. I can't even see how you could unironically try to say things like they're taking jobs if that were the case.
???
This is a bad correlation on their side.

E.g. black people still get arrested more and they're increasing in number, yet crimes are still falling.
Next part is purely bs. A crime is defined as an act punishable by law
Civil law is law.
if overstaying a visa is not considered illegal than it is not a crime.
It is considered illegal, it's not going to get you jailed or fined, that's all.
It's a federal misdemeanor, still a misdemeanor.
Crime.

Autocrat said:
Jan 27, 2017 4:00 PM

Dec 2016
RedArmyShogun said:
Gohdhand said:

As I noted on one of the pages before, Mexico can be made to pay via sanctions and tariffs, which it seems Trump is set on.

Not a good idea. Tariffs would greatly damage Mexico's economy, something that is only going to create more illegal immigrants because people will be wanting to get out. Tariffs would also increase prices for American citizens, so on top of paying for the Wall's construction we will then have to pay the higher prices for goods as well.

Also if the US starts shitting on its economic allies then another country like China is just going to take America's place and begin trading with Mexico. With tariffs and sanctions all we will end up doing is weakening our own country.

What's the difference?
Jan 27, 2017 4:17 PM

Jan 2013
Gohdhand said:
RedArmyShogun said:

Not a good idea. Tariffs would greatly damage Mexico's economy, something that is only going to create more illegal immigrants because people will be wanting to get out. Tariffs would also increase prices for American citizens, so on top of paying for the Wall's construction we will then have to pay the higher prices for goods as well.

Also if the US starts shitting on its economic allies then another country like China is just going to take America's place and begin trading with Mexico. With tariffs and sanctions all we will end up doing is weakening our own country.

I don't recall saying it was a good idea, just that their are multiple ways Mexico could be made to pay, even the threat of unilateral sanctions could force the change in tune from Mexico City.
Jan 27, 2017 4:21 PM

Dec 2016
RedArmyShogun said:
I don't recall saying it was a good idea, just that their are multiple ways Mexico could be made to pay, even the threat of unilateral sanctions could force the change in tune from Mexico City.

There is no way Mexico could be made to pay without hurting US citizens and America as a whole. Of course there is "technically" always a method of making Mexico pay. Why not just threaten to nuke them if they don't pay up?

What's the difference?
Jan 27, 2017 4:26 PM

Jul 2012
@Immahnoob
I provided you the 5% statistic way back at the beginning in the link for the total taxes they pay. It's literally like 1 paragraph down from the 8% mark.
Except it's not defined as a crime under civil or federal law. The legal term would be "unlawful presence" which basically means their visa becomes invalid which basically happens anyway at the end-date and at worst they might have to contact an immigration lawyer to waiver any additional issues or apply for an extension. There are also plenty of exceptions in regards to that as well but I'd rather not get into those.
K redundant and I wasn't saying a misdemeanor wasn't a crime, but I did say it's about equal to say jaywalking. But I think you're mixing up overstaying a visa and illegal border crossing. Both carry the "unlawful presence term" but the crime of border crossing without being checked is a misdemeanor thus one is clearly a crime and the other isn't. You pointing out it was federal law was petty since it didn't at all detract from me calling it a misdemeanor since it still is.
Jan 27, 2017 4:30 PM

Jan 2013
Gohdhand said:
Why not just threaten to nuke them if they don't pay up?

That has happened in the past with the US and other countries (chiefly The People's Republic of China), and may in the present.
Jan 27, 2017 4:34 PM

Dec 2016
RedArmyShogun said:
Gohdhand said:
Why not just threaten to nuke them if they don't pay up?

That has happened in the past with the US and other countries (chiefly The People's Republic of China), and may in the present.

The US has threatened to nuke China before in order to get them to pay for something? Do you have a link or something to when that happened? I can't imagine USSR/Russia would have taken kindly to that.

What's the difference?
Jan 27, 2017 5:04 PM

Jan 2013
Gohdhand said:
RedArmyShogun said:

The US has threatened to nuke China before in order to get them to pay for something? Do you have a link or something to when that happened? I can't imagine USSR/Russia would have taken kindly to that.

No, to get them to stop military actions against ROC and later on in favor of North Korea, the US has also been blackmailed. Given the seriousness of these charges public information is rarely if ever given past a point. Its like in WW1 about 4 years ago it became known that the British WERE using US cruiseships to smuggle munitions. Which was the German justification in attacking them.

Had the US public knew of it at the time the US would have went to war against both sides. And a fact the US government knew.

In more recent times North Korea has made threats with its own nukes, and England may have threatened to nuke France in order to get them to turn off the missiles they sold to the Argentineans during the Falklands War. But both Governments have said they cannot confirm, nor deny the charges.

And you say that as if the USSR had not played a role in those events. As to links, there exists knowledge outside of the web, namely called books. I suggest consulting them rather than being reliant on google. But of the cases I mentioned most can be found on wiki or in published pdf documents of related material.

Of course I expect you to dance around with this in some form of spin, or to say its not believable or some other mockery, in spite of the proof from the US election and WikiLeaks how much corruption and black operations control things, people still like to pretend it doesn't apply or the situation is fine.
RedArmyShogunJan 27, 2017 5:12 PM
Jan 27, 2017 5:40 PM

Apr 2012
@GamerDLM
I provided you the 5% statistic way back at the beginning in the link for the total taxes they pay. It's literally like 1 paragraph down from the 8% mark.
Like I'm going to bother to look at your past replies by now. Just post it again, I'll see if it's valid or not.
Except it's not defined as a crime under civil or federal law.
Except it is. You are being deported, that's a punishment.
The legal term would be "unlawful presence" which basically means their visa becomes invalid which basically happens anyway at the end-date and at worst they might have to contact an immigration lawyer to waiver any additional issues or apply for an extension.
"unlawful presence" "not illegal" "they'll be less illegal with a lawyer"

Hahahaha...
K redundant and I wasn't saying a misdemeanor wasn't a crime, but I did say it's about equal to say jaywalking. But I think you're mixing up overstaying a visa and illegal border crossing.
I didn't even compare the two.
Both carry the "unlawful presence term" but the crime of border crossing without being checked is a misdemeanor thus one is clearly a crime and the other isn't.
Both are crimes, but one of them is a federal crime.

Autocrat said:
Jan 27, 2017 6:04 PM

Jul 2012
@Immahnoob
It's literally like 3 posts prior. I'm not going to re-link something you chose not to read in the first place. You even cut it out when you quoted me.
The rest is more getting into legal semantics over what is defined as a crime which there isn't a clear answer. Your definition is anything that results in any kind of punishment. My definition is anything that violates a specific law. There is a clause that states the conditions for being in the country lawfully and the resulting punishment if the clause is broken, but it isn't technically a law thus for my definition (which is the more common one) being in the country unlawfully isn't a crime. But crossing the border illegally is because there is a specific federal law in place.
Jan 27, 2017 6:21 PM

Apr 2012
@GamerDLM
It's literally like 3 posts prior.
I think that that paper is either wrote by a retard or is talking about a completely different subject.
The taxes in America are paid depending on how much you earn. That means that the people in top 1% pay the most taxes.

It's impossible for any illegal immigrant to pay more than the 1%.
Unless they mean together.
Which I doubt is true anyway, but let's say it is... That just means you've misinterpreted what the actual papers are saying.

Because the papers mention that they're not paying full taxes, meaning they don't actually pay as much as the average American anyway.
This is another reason for why you don't tell me to actually read your stupid articles and papers, because most often than not, you don't read the shit yourself and are aiming blindly.

There is a clause that states the conditions for being in the country lawfully and the resulting punishment if the clause is broken, but it isn't technically a law thus for my definition (which is the more common one) being in the country unlawfully isn't a crime.
A clause that tells you that you are not allowed to stay in a country when your VISA expires and for which you need a lawyer for it to not be an issue anymore IF your reasons are valid.

So it's a law. Civil law is still law.

Autocrat said:
Jan 27, 2017 6:53 PM

Jan 2012
Native American tribe vows to stop Donald Trump building Mexican border wall on their Arizona reservation

nice

Jan 27, 2017 6:55 PM

Jul 2012
@Immahnoob
I specifically stated "8% of their total income in state and local taxes" vs. "5% of their total income the average native citizen pays" they pay through things like buying/renting property, products purchased, their paychecks (since it's still an American Employer), amongst a number of other factors.
Now you could also add this to the fact that illegal immigrants tend to take lower paying jobs which was already discussed but the central point is they pay taxes and that is the estimated amount they pay and more than they get in what little benefits they can get (going back to schooling and emergency medical care).
Again this is specifically state/local taxes once you start to get into federal taxes it enters a different type of measurement based on total income. Which also means you probably don't know how taxes work at the state and local level or you just chose to omit that part when you read it.
So basically maybe you should learn to read the articles but again half the time you sound like you have the reading comprehension of a first grader which is why I'm forced to say everything twice so you can read it again.
GamerDLMJan 27, 2017 7:00 PM
Jan 27, 2017 7:07 PM

Aug 2013
That dumbass will have to take money out of his own pocket to help pay for it because Mexico isn't paying for shit. 20% tax on Mexican imports just makes tacos more expensive for yankee gringos. If he wants to play hardball then all trade can go to the Chinese. China already has a strong presence in Latin America and the Caribbean.

DrGeroCreationJan 27, 2017 7:16 PM
Jan 27, 2017 8:23 PM

Dec 2016
RedArmyShogun said:
No, to get them to stop military actions against ROC and later on in favor of North Korea, the US has also been blackmailed. Given the seriousness of these charges public information is rarely if ever given past a point. Its like in WW1 about 4 years ago it became known that the British WERE using US cruiseships to smuggle munitions. Which was the German justification in attacking them.

Had the US public knew of it at the time the US would have went to war against both sides. And a fact the US government knew.

Sorry, I can't quite understand what you are saying here. What specific instance are you referring to where the US was threatened with nuclear destruction?

In more recent times North Korea has made threats with its own nukes, and England may have threatened to nuke France in order to get them to turn off the missiles they sold to the Argentineans during the Falklands War. But both Governments have said they cannot confirm, nor deny the charges.

Comparing North Korea's antics to an American nuclear threat is ridiculous for obvious reasons, and as for the British one, do you have a source for that? Publicly France was allied with Britain during the war and there were many other things that Britain could have threatened France with rather than nukes... Especially since Britain threatening to nuke another European power would have had serious geopolitical consequences.

And you say that as if the USSR had not played a role in those events. As to links, there exists knowledge outside of the web, namely called books. I suggest consulting them rather than being reliant on google. But of the cases I mentioned most can be found on wiki or in published pdf documents of related material.

What are you talking about? Link me to a specific instance as to where the US threatened another country with nukes or vice versa or you're just spouting bullshit. Or do the only "sources" for your claims conveniently exist only in books and not on the Internet (despite basically everything being on the web these days)?

Of course I expect you to dance around with this in some form of spin, or to say its not believable or some other mockery, in spite of the proof from the US election and WikiLeaks how much corruption and black operations control things, people still like to pretend it doesn't apply or the situation is fine.

So you're essentially admitting you have no proof... Your argument is basically "there's no actual evidence, but everyone really knows what's going on in the shadows..." By your logic I can say whatever crazy thing I want about the US and just use the general bogeyman of "corruption" as a scapegoat.

You clearly have no idea how international politics works. You can't just threaten another country with nuclear destruction and expect the other nuclear powers to keep quiet (especially if they are on the opposite side as you).

What's the difference?
Jan 27, 2017 11:13 PM

Feb 2014
too late bruh, i built the wall already while he made his stupid speeches.

srsly, someones gotta get shit done around here, all trump does is talk talk talk....

the wall's already up thanks to urs truly (i.e. me lol)
Jan 28, 2017 12:37 AM

May 2014
Wonder how much it's actually gonna help.

I'd laugh my ass off if it changed nothing, even after dumping billions of dollars into it.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Jan 28, 2017 2:37 AM

Sep 2016
Well this should be interesting..
I feel sorry for the people in America.
Jan 28, 2017 3:35 AM

Mar 2014
wow this is dumb, can't wait to see when people's bubble that mexicans will pay for it will burst
Jan 28, 2017 4:26 AM

Apr 2012
@GamerDLM
So what you're telling me is that you've always argued a strawman and never really provided a real argument on why illegals should be exonerated from being deported?
Well then, I am genuinely impressed, I didn't notice that from the beginning.

Autocrat said:
Jan 28, 2017 4:32 AM

Mar 2012
I want to be able to say that Trump has surprised me with how good he's been as President. No one wants the world to fall into disarray. But as always, /pol/ was dead wrong. I have never seen a more incompetent President in my entire life. A week was all it took to overtake Bush.

Obviously if this wall is going to be as grand as Trump wants it to be then it's just not going to happen. It's too expensive and it'll take way too long to build. Even if they manage to start construction the next President is just going to scrap it.

Since we can basically rule out any possibility of Trump being a good President, I think the best we can hope for is that whatever damage he causes can be easily reversed. I'd hate if this manbaby's quest to stay relevant was all it took to destroy the world.
Jan 28, 2017 4:36 AM

Apr 2012
@SeibaaHomu
How is Trump not a good president?

Autocrat said:
Jan 28, 2017 5:17 AM

Dec 2016
Come on, you know the reasons why (and I know I wasn't asked). It's not just about what he does, but the way he speaks and how he uses arguments. He represents a dangerous policy that is based on popular opinions. And yes, he might get shit done eventually, but don't expect people to think he's a good president, there are enough reasons to be more than sceptical.

(also kinda offtopic, but I'm not a fan of ''don't take his twitter serious'', because if he's in such an important position I want to take every word serious he says, no matter how absurd it is)
Jan 28, 2017 5:40 AM

Jun 2008
Immahnoob said:
@SeibaaHomu

How is he a good President?
Jan 28, 2017 5:53 AM
Jan 2017
JustALEX said:
Immahnoob said:
@SeibaaHomu

How is one quantified as a good President?
Jan 28, 2017 5:56 AM

Apr 2016
I'm still waiting for him to make anime real again.
Something witty that makes you think I'm funny

Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier
Jan 28, 2017 6:02 AM

Apr 2012
JustALEX said:
Immahnoob said:
@SeibaaHomu

Ending illegal immigration (through various actions), bringing the US more jobs, smacking the media, trying to end bad health care acts, ending funding for unnecessary shit that leads to more unnecessary expenses for the US (no more funding for overseas abortion clinics, no more funding for sanctuary cities, etc), banning dangerous countries from immigration (e.g. Islam is not compatible with the west and surely not with the US), not accepting refugees for less expenditure and less crime, etc.

He also keeps all his promises.
For now, everything he has done has had a positive effect on the US, even if 1-2m liberals think otherwise and act as if the world is ending (and further act like the apocalypse is in tow, with riots and shit).
@BlueBlack37
It's not just about what he does, but the way he speaks and how he uses arguments.
What he does is correct. How he uses his arguments is acceptable, I don't see your point.
And yes, he might get shit done eventually, but don't expect people to think he's a good president, there are enough reasons to be more than sceptical.
No, he is getting shit done, he's been keeping to his promises more than any previous president, even the 11th president of the US (that also kept his promises) took longer than he did, then again, his promises had time restrictions.

Autocrat said:
Jan 28, 2017 9:06 AM

Dec 2013
Gohdhand said:
So you're essentially admitting you have no proof... Your argument is basically "there's no actual evidence, but everyone really knows what's going on in the shadows..." By your logic I can say whatever crazy thing I want about the US and just use the general bogeyman of "corruption" as a scapegoat.

You clearly have no idea how international politics works. You can't just threaten another country with nuclear destruction and expect the other nuclear powers to keep quiet (especially if they are on the opposite side as you).

Gohdhand said:
What are you talking about? Link me to a specific instance as to where the US threatened another country with nukes or vice versa or you're just spouting bullshit. Or do the only "sources" for your claims conveniently exist only in books and not on the Internet (despite basically everything being on the web these days)?

In 1958, the United States Air Force had considered a plan to drop nuclear bombs on China during a confrontation over Taiwan but it was overruled, previously secret documents showed after they were declassified due to the Freedom of Information Act in April 2008. The plan included an initial plan to drop 10-15 kiloton bombs on airfields in Amoy (now called Xiamen) in the event of a Chinese blockade against Taiwan's Offshore Islands

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_weapons_and_the_United_States#International_relations_and_nuclear_weapons

U.S.THREATENS ATOMIC WARFARE
On Nov. 5 1950, the Joint Chiefs of Staff issued orders for the retaliatory atomic bombing of Manchurian military bases, if either their armies crossed into Korea or if PRC or KPA bombers attacked Korea from there. The President ordered the transfer of nine Mark-4 nuclear capsules "to the Air Force's Ninth Bomb Group, the designated carrier of the weapons, and signed an order to use them against Chinese and Korean targets.

http://b-29s-over-korea.com/NorthKorea-A-Bomb/US-Planned-To-A-Bomb-N-Korea-In-1950-War_02.html

With the Chinese intervention, the United States confronted a hard truth: Threatening a nuclear attack would not be enough to win the war. It was as if the Chinese hadn’t noticed—or, worse, weren’t impressed by—the atomic-capable B-29s waiting at Guam.

http://www.airspacemag.com/military-aviation/how-korean-war-almost-went-nuclear-180955324/

In a report on global nuclear threats, analysts at Washington’s Stimson Center identify six overt warnings by high-ranking American officials since 1976 that the U.S. would resort to nuclear weapons against North Korea if warranted. But U.S. threats go back more than a half-century, to long before North Korea split its first atom.

In mid-August 1950, just seven weeks after North Korea invaded South Korea and five years after two U.S. atomic bombs killed at least 220,000 Japanese in Hiroshima andNagasaki, U.S. nuclear weapons were first assigned to the new war theater, according to a declassified Army planning document obtained by the AP.
Regional U.S. commander Gen. Douglas MacArthur, in interviews published posthumously, said he had a plan at the time to drop 30 to 50 atom bombs across the northern neck of the Korean peninsula, to block further Chinese intervention.

http://www.rawstory.com/2010/10/repeatedly-threatened-nukes-korea-declassified-documents/

Jan 28, 2017 9:44 AM

Dec 2016
@Astros you realize you can provide sources without being an insufferable dick, right?

Also my original point was that nuclear threats do not come freely and do harm the country issuing them, which you failed to prove incorrect. If the US had nuked North Korea or China during the Korean War, the Soviet Union would have responded in kind, resulting in destruction on both sides. This is evidenced by the fact that the US did not end up nuking North Korea or China and by the fact that the Korean War was ultimately a stalemate or even a loss for the US. General MacArthur was also relieved of duty in large part because of his overly-aggressive tactics, and even the links you provided show that plans to use nukes were either overruled or never put into use.

What's the difference?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.