Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (14) « First ... « 12 13 [14]
Mar 11, 2017 3:35 PM
Aug 2016
Melvanas said:
When I decide to watch an Anime series I will set up all to the highest quality possible (Sound, Graphics, Confort).
Then I focus and appreciate the Art. When an episode finishes I will comment it with the people I've watched it or look at the forums to see what people have said about it.
In general I finish watching the whole series before criticising because I don't want comments to ruin my personal point of view while watching.
Reading/Writing comments, to me, ruins the experience when binge-watching. No breaks! XD
Mar 11, 2017 3:36 PM

Oct 2016
Yeah thats why I almost all the time never do it when watching, I do it when I finish watching.

I only do it when i find the anime not interesting enough and I want to motivate myself to finish watching it.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
ShockedMar 11, 2017 9:04 PM
Mar 11, 2017 3:44 PM

Nov 2016
I eat, a lot xD
It's suprising that I don't get fat
Mar 11, 2017 4:01 PM

Feb 2017
Sitting on a couch and watch it via a smart tv.
Enjoy some snacks meanwhile
Mar 11, 2017 9:06 PM

Jan 2010
Pyravia said:
Shocked said:
I typically eat lunch or dinner while watching anime. Though, as far as double tasking or actually doing other things, if an anime really has my interest, the most I'd do would be looking up discussion topics to see what others thought of a particular episode. Otherwise, if an anime isn't garnering my interest for whatever the reason, I may do work while the episode is playing on the side.
So, do you sometimes pause the anime halfway-through, while an important event in the anime is happening, and check forum? If I do that, then I just ruin the experience of the anime. I usually give an anime at least 3-4 episodes to decide whether or not I like it. Like = Rating would be 5.55+/A bit above average-ish.

Isn't it hard to focus on the anime while writing or doing work? I find it incredibly hard to, specifically, write on other sites, like discord, mal, messenger, etc, while watching anime.

Well, I'd look up stuff on the forum after the episode, not during. The only reason why I'd look stuff up during an episode is if there was something referenced or some detail that I wanted to look up.

But yeah, I can do work while watching anime, assuming that the anime in question is either dubbed, there's not really anything going on that requires 100% attention, and it's not something that greatly interests me.
Mar 11, 2017 9:33 PM

Dec 2015
Either lying on my stomach on bed or sitting on a chair with my laptop on the desk. I may or may not have something to eat while watching.

xx0:44 โ”€๐Ÿ”˜โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ 04:44x
โ—€ xxxxxxxxx โšโš xxxxxxxxx โ–บxxxx
Mar 12, 2017 12:34 AM
Aug 2016
Shocked said:
Pyravia said:
So, do you sometimes pause the anime halfway-through, while an important event in the anime is happening, and check forum? If I do that, then I just ruin the experience of the anime. I usually give an anime at least 3-4 episodes to decide whether or not I like it. Like = Rating would be 5.55+/A bit above average-ish.

Isn't it hard to focus on the anime while writing or doing work? I find it incredibly hard to, specifically, write on other sites, like discord, mal, messenger, etc, while watching anime.

Well, I'd look up stuff on the forum after the episode, not during. The only reason why I'd look stuff up during an episode is if there was something referenced or some detail that I wanted to look up.

But yeah, I can do work while watching anime, assuming that the anime in question is either dubbed, there's not really anything going on that requires 100% attention, and it's not something that greatly interests me.
For example?
I actually think I miss a lot of references while watching anime...
I mean, it doesn't seem that way, because the ones I see, I see, you know?
I don't really go to forum to discuss anime a lot. Sometimes, I just like to see what people thought.. And maybe something else.

Higanbana-chan said:
Either lying on my stomach on bed or sitting on a chair with my laptop on the desk. I may or may not have something to eat while watching.
When you eat, what do you usually eat/drink?
I like eating chips on Sundays while watching anime! >w<

Melvanas said:
Yeah thats why I almost all the time never do it when watching, I do it when I finish watching.

I only do it when i find the anime not interesting enough and I want to motivate myself to finish watching it.

Tbh, now a days, the only thing that catches my attention are funny seinen, slice of life anime, like Amaaa to I (I always forget that title), Himouto! Umaru-chan, Danna ga nani wo itteiru ka Wakaranai ken.

Ultimatedeath said:
Pyravia said:
She'll never beat Yuuji-kun, though. B)

I don't know who that is? OwO

#Blabla_MAL
From Grisaia no Kajitsu! Baaaaka! .3.

ShockedMar 12, 2017 9:14 AM
Mar 12, 2017 12:56 AM

Dec 2015
Pyravia said:
Higanbana-chan said:

Usually something sweet like cookies and milk. I drink a lot of milk so it often coincides with watching time. xD Other times I eat my dinner while watching anime, too.

Mar 12, 2017 1:50 AM
Aug 2016
Higanbana-chan said:
Pyravia said:

Usually something sweet like cookies and milk. I drink a lot of milk so it often coincides with watching time. xD Other times I eat my dinner while watching anime, too.
Warm cookies? .3. I rarely eat anything "warm" or "hot" while watching anime.
Ah, it's been a while since i've SEEN a cookie.
Mar 12, 2017 3:29 AM

Jan 2015
Pyravia said:
Ultimatedeath said:

I don't know who that is? OwO

#Blabla_MAL

You are the baka-baka big Baka...! :3
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Mar 12, 2017 3:33 AM
Aug 2016
Ultimatedeath said:
Pyravia said:

You are the baka-baka big Baka...! :3
H..Hmph.. You baka bloke! >:3 >3< oyetute.
Mar 12, 2017 3:35 AM

Jan 2015
mostly at late night in bed with tabled. Because by day i dont have time to watch animes :(
Mar 12, 2017 3:44 AM
May 2016
Usually at on a chair at my desk on my laptop or when I bingewatch also lying in bed on my phone/rarely in bed on laptop. Most of the time I give the show my full attention, I can't stand to even miss a sentence when watching a new anime but sometimes I rewatch some shows on the background when I'm studying.

Food/drinks: It really depends, I can eat breakfast, lunch and dinner while watching but I always have something to drink next to me and occasionaly a snack
Mar 12, 2017 9:18 AM

Jan 2010
Pyravia said:
Shocked said:

For example?
I don't really go to forum to discuss anime a lot. Sometimes, I just like to see what people thought.. And maybe something else.

As far as references go, stuff like Gothe's Faust inscribed on a wall from Madoka Magica's third episode, The iDOLM@STER using the real life location of the Yokohama Pier in one shot, Kino's Journey directly referencing Lawrence of Arabia in episode 9, or just looking up names from Kingdom to check if a character did, in fact, exist in history. Just really quick stuff.
Mar 12, 2017 9:31 AM

Dec 2015
Pyravia said:
Higanbana-chan said:

Yeah, I love having either cookies, brownies, or muffins with milk. Mildly sweet milk pairs well with those and I like having something sweet while watching stuff.

Mar 12, 2017 10:12 AM
Aug 2016
Shocked said:
Pyravia said:
For example?

As far as references go, stuff like Gothe's Faust inscribed on a wall from Madoka Magica's third episode, The iDOLM@STER using the real life location of the Yokohama Pier in one shot, Kino's Journey directly referencing Lawrence of Arabia in episode 9, or just looking up names from Kingdom to check if a character did, in fact, exist in history. Just really quick stuff.
I haven't seen iDOLM@STER yet - Kino no Tabi is my "favourite" anime of all time, for many reasons - I'm currently not sure if I should continue watching Kingdom... I should probably read the manga. I don't like the CGI... And to me, I don't understand their "powers" -
I notice small references like 33% of the time - excluding cameos (I usually notice them on the spot.)
Mar 12, 2017 10:13 AM
Aug 2016
Higanbana-chan said:
Pyravia said:

Yeah, I love having either cookies, brownies, or muffins with milk. Mildly sweet milk pairs well with those and I like having something sweet while watching stuff.
I love chips .3. Especially while watching animuuuu
Mar 12, 2017 10:40 AM

Apr 2016
I usually lie in bed with my laptop and a cup of tea :3
Mar 12, 2017 10:52 AM

Jul 2013
I pretty much always have to eat something while watching anime, it's a habbit.

โ•ฎ (. โ› แด— โ›.) โ•ญ

Mar 12, 2017 5:34 PM

Dec 2015
I sometimes eat some snacks while watching or drink coffee at least.
Mar 13, 2017 12:03 AM
Aug 2016
Nunnally03 said:
So you are sitting? Isn't it hard to drink/eat something hot while watching anime?
Mar 13, 2017 12:05 AM
Aug 2016
Fuchsia said:
I pretty much always have to eat something while watching anime, it's a habbit.
Ah, I eat if I get hungry, which is the majority of the time watching anime... But moderately.
Mar 13, 2017 12:05 AM
Aug 2016
Catty110 said:
I usually lie in bed with my laptop and a cup of tea :3
Tea in the bed? :O Wow. That's dangerous! >_<
Mar 13, 2017 12:09 AM

Oct 2016
I watch anime in my room at only night time with lights turned off and without any disturbance .
I never eat or drink while watching or listen to anything else.
Mar 13, 2017 12:16 AM
Jul 2018
When I'm in front of the computer, I'd would also eat, drink blog, tweet, check out other websites especially when I'm watching dubbed animes. When I'm lying on my bed, would eat or drink, check my SNS every once in a while.
Mar 13, 2017 3:47 AM

Dec 2015
Pyravia said:
Nunnally03 said:
So you are sitting? Isn't it hard to drink/eat something hot while watching anime?

Yep I am sitting. Sometimes, when my back feels tired I lay but most of the time I am sitting while watching and no, it's not that hard...it's not like I have to use both of my hands while watching. :P
Mar 13, 2017 4:34 AM
Aug 2016
Nunnally03 said:
Pyravia said:

Yep I am sitting. Sometimes, when my back feels tired I lay but most of the time I am sitting while watching and no, it's not that hard...it's not like I have to use both of my hands while watching. :P
Oh, ok.
Just thought it might be distracting to hold something hot.
Mar 13, 2017 1:45 PM

Jul 2015
It depends, I would sit on my bed to watch if a series is subtitled, but if the series is dubbed I need my headphones and I sit on the floor to be closer to the TV since the headphones use a TV jack. As I wrote before, Kodocha is hard to understand without headphones. Sometimes I would eat dessert or something.
May 4, 2017 4:28 AM
Jul 2018
blog and socializing which is a bit hard since you can't focus on reading the subtitles. This is when dubbed animes are handy.
Jun 8, 2017 7:47 AM

Nov 2015
laying on my bed normally eating and enjoying a banging anime
Jun 8, 2017 8:49 AM
Nov 2014
Nothing else I dont want to get distracted ( and I get easily distracted )
Jun 8, 2017 11:07 AM
Jun 2017
It depends. If I'm alone I'd be too into the anime to do anything aside from eating and being like "what?" "oh my god.." if it's an exciting part. If I'm with my friends who don't give a crap about anime then I'd still be quiet, if they're doing something too loud I'd be like "OH MY GOD SHUT UP PLEASE IM WATCHING SOMETHING IMPORTANT!!!!!!!" they like "0-0 woah calm down lmao" and I like .-.
Pages (14) « First ... « 12 13 [14]

More topics from this board

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 4 hours ago

27 by kusairo »»
1 minute ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good? ( 1 2 )

arinthach - Yesterday

64 by Zimmu »»
3 minutes ago

» โ„๏ธ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

82 by SouthRzVa »»
4 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 7 hours ago

33 by Zayvex »»
8 minutes ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 53 minutes ago

13 by Nirinbo »»
12 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.