Forum Settings
Forums

Have you ever paid for any anime merchandise?

Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Post New Reply
Jan 26, 2017 4:28 PM

I own a few phone straps and manga of a couple of series but that's it. Years ago I owned a Naruto poster but that's either been thrown away or is collecting dust somewhere now. I've always secretly wanted to own those cool, big figurines of my favorite characters, but my desire to appear 'normal' with only normal stuff on my shelf is bigger than my willingness to invest a load of cash in them. That and they're a pain to protect whenever I need to move or refurnish.

Btw does 'unofficial merch' count? As in fan-made stuff? The doujinshi I ordered from Japan just arrived and I'm struggling to find a place where I can hide them from visitors lmao.

Jan 26, 2017 5:34 PM

I got some Pokemon and Yokai watch plushes
Bakugan battle brawlers
Beyblades (it even came with a complimentary ova)
Lots of pokemon/naruto cards
and some clothing :]
oh and if video games count too

Jan 26, 2017 6:11 PM

i'm probably forgetting some since i have an actual metric fuckton of anime merch but ... here's some at least :3c

- dvds [ space dandy, cowboy bebop, sailor moon r, death note & some ghibli movies ]
- manga [ attack on titan, death note, kuroshitsuji & a few others i can't remember atm ]
- shirts [ i have too many to list but they're mostly attack on titan & kuroshitsuji related ]
- keychains [ tokyo ghoul, hetalia, kuroshitsuji, yowamushi pedal & attack on titan ]
- jewelry [ various rubber bracelets from a bunch of different anime, necklaces from kuroshitsuji, hetalia & katekyo hitman reborn, & two kuroshitsuji rings ]
- posters [ attack on titan, kuroshitsuji, death note, free !, yowamushi pedal & yuri !!! on ice ]
- plush [ kuroshitsuji, attack on titan, ouran highschool host club, panty & stocking with garterbelt, haikyuu !! & yowamushi pedal ]
- 2 lanyards [ kuroshitsuji & yowamushi pedal ]
- a kuroshitsuji wallet
- a durarara !! backpack
- assorted school supplies [ tokyo ghoul & durarara !! binders, space dandy notebook & kuroshitsuji pencil case ]
& a kuroshitsuji dakimakura bc i'm basic as heck

Jan 26, 2017 6:13 PM

I have Attack on Titan and FLCL wallscrolls, and the first SAO progressive light novel. I've also paid for a month of Crunchyroll.

Jan 26, 2017 6:28 PM

I spent 400$ or so on manga I'm aiming for 1000's but not many manga actually catch my eye.

Jan 26, 2017 6:43 PM

Bought Death Note, Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist, One Punch Man and Food Wars Manga. Also bought 3 anime posters, don't remember exactly whats on them because I never had a chance to put them up, but I believe its Death Note, Bleach and Naruto. Also got a couple of other things as gifts from different christmas' over the years, like One Piece figures of Luffy, Shanks and Nami, as well as a necklace (or pendent) type of thing with the Attack on titan "Wings of freedom" logo and Ichigo's hollow mask from Bleach. Plus a couple of games as well as Yu-Gi-Oh cards but not sure if that counts.

Personally, I would like to add more to the collection but the only place that sold Manga in my town closed down and there is no shop/store that sells anything anime related at all where I live. So my chances of buying more are very slim without moving to a city, and even then places that sell anime stuff are usually very hard to find.

Jan 26, 2017 8:00 PM

I've purchased tons of manga and anime DVD sets. Besides that, I have purchased plushies, posters, and a Fruits Basket bracelet. :3

you were my cup of tea
but I drink champagne now

Jan 26, 2017 8:02 PM

Bought A Couple SnK Manga, Thats About It

Jan 27, 2017 3:26 AM

I got 3 Angel Beats Nendoroids (Yui, Kanade, and Otonashi figures) and ordered the first volume of Kagerou Daze recently... also believe I have Nendoroids of Sora and Shiro preorder but I'm not 100% on that. Would like to get a poster or wall scroll sometime as well but of what I do not know :3

Jan 27, 2017 7:01 AM

I have a lot of anime shirts. I own a few Blu Ray's and DVD's, though I would like to buy many more.

Jan 27, 2017 8:30 AM

Manga
Dlurays
Posters
Figures
More

Jan 27, 2017 9:09 AM
mimiiria said:
I own a few phone straps and manga of a couple of series but that's it. Years ago I owned a Naruto poster but that's either been thrown away or is collecting dust somewhere now. I've always secretly wanted to own those cool, big figurines of my favorite characters, but my desire to appear 'normal' with only normal stuff on my shelf is bigger than my willingness to invest a load of cash in them. That and they're a pain to protect whenever I need to move or refurnish.

Btw does 'unofficial merch' count? As in fan-made stuff? The doujinshi I ordered from Japan just arrived and I'm struggling to find a place where I can hide them from visitors lmao.
Of course! Pretty much everything counts. There are no pictures of them on your profile? :/

Jan 27, 2017 9:14 AM

I have a collection of manga, some DVDs, a Death Note T-shirt, a Spice and Wolf wall scroll, an Attack on Titan poster, and I used to have a Tiger & Bunny shirt.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"

Jan 27, 2017 9:16 AM

I would like to have a lot of it but it's expensive, if I buy all I want :) I have few nendoroids and I am buying some manga series (skip beat, kamisama hajimemashita, dragon ball etc.). I have some keychains too, socks and that's about it. Not much really :(

Jan 27, 2017 9:56 AM
OP said:
Manga
Dlurays
Posters
Figures
More
Do you, perhaps, have any pictures? :3

Jan 27, 2017 9:59 AM
Domyoji said:
I would like to have a lot of it but it's expensive, if I buy all I want :) I have few nendoroids and I am buying some manga series (skip beat, kamisama hajimemashita, dragon ball etc.). I have some keychains too, socks and that's about it. Not much really :(
More than I Have! :3 Any pictures? .3.

Jan 27, 2017 10:04 AM

sorta. i have like 12 anime blu rays/dvd's
changelog said:
I have never read Berserk, nor do I plan to in the future, but I can already see this to be the case. It is just ridiculous that Bersek has been publishing for so long and as you have mentioned I doubt the creators really have a passion for this series anymore. It would be hilarious if they just left it incomplete and left a message saying "Fuck You" in Japanese. And by incomplete I don't mean releasing a final chapter and then never touching the series again, I mean releasing a half-done chapter that finishes on a page where Griffith is about to reveal a secret but there is no next page.

Jan 27, 2017 10:08 AM

I have BRS, Homura, and Vocaloids nendoroids. Are that counts?

Jan 27, 2017 10:12 AM

I can only guess I've spent about £500 on manga, possibly more. With about 6 volumes on pre order. I have an addiction to collecting Manga.
About 20 Blu ray/DVD Box sets and 2 light Novels.
Some posters and a notebook that came with the issues of Young Ace I bought then I have about 5 plushies, one of those Mikasa (SNK) Funko Pop figures and I think that's it.

A lot of it is still at my parents place.

Jan 27, 2017 10:13 AM

Pyravia said:
Domyoji said:

Pictures of what I have or? I have some on my phone.

Jan 27, 2017 10:43 AM
Domyoji said:
Pyravia said:

Pictures of what I have or? I have some on my phone.
I'd love to see them, if you don't mind? :3

Jan 27, 2017 10:44 AM
ClavisM said:
I can only guess I've spent about £500 on manga, possibly more. With about 6 volumes on pre order. I have an addiction to collecting Manga.
About 20 Blu ray/DVD Box sets and 2 light Novels.
Some posters and a notebook that came with the issues of Young Ace I bought then I have about 5 plushies, one of those Mikasa (SNK) Funko Pop figures and I think that's it.

A lot of it is still at my parents place.
You have a plushie of Mikasa? O.O Can I see? :3

Jan 27, 2017 10:45 AM
You said:
I have BRS, Homura, and Vocaloids nendoroids. Are that counts?
Sure. All anime merch counts - Official or unofficial. I just prefer if people send pictures of them.

Jan 27, 2017 10:46 AM
uzendayou said:
i'm probably forgetting some since i have an actual metric fuckton of anime merch but ... here's some at least :3c

- dvds [ space dandy, cowboy bebop, sailor moon r, death note & some ghibli movies ]
- manga [ attack on titan, death note, kuroshitsuji & a few others i can't remember atm ]
- shirts [ i have too many to list but they're mostly attack on titan & kuroshitsuji related ]
- keychains [ tokyo ghoul, hetalia, kuroshitsuji, yowamushi pedal & attack on titan ]
- jewelry [ various rubber bracelets from a bunch of different anime, necklaces from kuroshitsuji, hetalia & katekyo hitman reborn, & two kuroshitsuji rings ]
- posters [ attack on titan, kuroshitsuji, death note, free !, yowamushi pedal & yuri !!! on ice ]
- plush [ kuroshitsuji, attack on titan, ouran highschool host club, panty & stocking with garterbelt, haikyuu !! & yowamushi pedal ]
- a kuroshitsuji wallet
- a durarara !! backpack
- assorted school supplies [ tokyo ghoul & durarara !! binders, space dandy notebook & kuroshitsuji pencil case ]
Wow, that is impressive and a lot. Got a picture? 3:

Jan 27, 2017 11:18 AM

Pyravia said:
uzendayou said:

- a kuroshitsuji wallet
- a durarara !! backpack

i don't rip .. it's spread all around my room so it would take me actual ages to take pictures of everything OTL

Jan 27, 2017 12:38 PM

martiooo said:
I have Attack on Titan and FLCL wallscrolls, and the first SAO progressive light novel. I've also paid for a month of Crunchyroll.

" I've also paid for a month of Crunchyroll" thats a waste, stream it for free.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 27, 2017 12:49 PM
uzendayou said:
Pyravia said:

i don't rip .. it's spread all around my room so it would take me actual ages to take pictures of everything OTL
You could just take a picture of the thing you like the most?

Jan 27, 2017 12:51 PM
Renaultclio101 said:
martiooo said:

Crunchyroll doesn't really count. And also, it isn't a waste. 480p is shit compared to 1080p - 480 progressive vs 1080 progressive more than double. No ads, too. You can also watch weekly released material.

Jan 27, 2017 1:08 PM

are we talking about official merch or cheap shit from ebay tho ?
i have 30+ figures averaging at 30 quid each some 50-80 lol i know people who have spent thousands on their collections

Jan 27, 2017 1:09 PM

I don't really collect that much, since I have a small room and I'm a poor mofo.
Won't go into that much detail, but all I have is a couple of DVDs some of them come with posters (got them super cheap on eBay), one FLCL shirt, and one Kantai figure (I told myself that I wouldn't buy figures, but it was cheap and I really liked the design. Couldn't pass up on it.)

Anyway, I haven't bought anything in about two years.
Hopefully it can stay like that...
Modified by Cabron, Jan 27, 2017 1:28 PM
Don't bother if you don't know how special effects were done without computers.

Jan 27, 2017 1:50 PM

Pyravia said:
Renaultclio101 said:

Crunchyroll doesn't really count. And also, it isn't a waste. 480p is shit compared to 1080p - 480 progressive vs 1080 progressive more than double. No ads, too. You can also watch weekly released material.

Couldn't agree much more as you are paying Crunchyroll and you need to pay for 1080p which some players/downloads already have that. Save your money and spent it on Mcdonalds/hentai/merchandise
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 27, 2017 1:54 PM
Renaultclio101 said:
Pyravia said:

Couldn't agree much more as you are paying Crunchyroll and you need to pay for 1080p which some players/downloads already have that. Save your money and spent it on Mcdonalds/hentai/merchandise
Support anime creators instead. :P Or watch it with ads. Don't use adblocker - not cool.

Jan 27, 2017 2:10 PM

A lot of manga, LNs, PS3 games, etc.

But my most precious treasure is WA2 VN <3

Jan 27, 2017 2:11 PM

One piece manga
Naruto keychains
l Natsume Yujinchou poster also Code geass
Several Naruto keychains
Several Naruto figures
Natsume Takashi figure <3
etc
The best part is I only bought manga, all of the other stuff were presents xd

Jan 27, 2017 2:15 PM

3D Matsuoka Rin keychain, and a 2D Tuxedo Mask keychain.
AOT No Regrets Manga.
Levi Sega PVC figure.
AOT Survey Corps hoodie from last year aka. the-time-when-I-was-into-AOT-even-though-now-I-can-barely-stand-it.
Kozume Kenma Nendoroid (my most beloved purchase )
Haikyuu Karasuno Mousepad.
Several badges.
DRAMAtical Murder poster.
DRRR Izaya chibi-figure-thing.
Fullmetal Alchemist pocket watch.

All of these things (except for the Levi figure and hoodie) are my purchases from Comic-con, as that is pretty much the only place where I can access this whole anime-y stuff. :^
Modified by Clearance, Jan 27, 2017 2:19 PM

Once we seize space, we'll all...

Jan 27, 2017 2:30 PM

AoT 1-14 manga
Bleach 1-4 manga
Blue Exorcist 1-12 manga
Death Note 1-12 manga
Dragonball 1-6 manga
Dragonball Z 1-2 manga
Fullmetal Alchemist 1-3 manga
Neon Genesis Evangelion 1-9 manga (looking to get the last 5 tomorrow)
10 Ghibli blu rays
Wolf Children, Summer Wars, and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time blu rays
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood collection 1 & 2 blu ray
Akira DVD
Bleach seasons 1-5 DVD
Death Note complete series DVD
Madoka Magica poster
Death Note poster
Replica Death Note
Taiga Aisaka figure
Sinon figure
Ruby Rose figure (if your one of those that classes RWBY as an anime)
A Spirited Away tshirt
And that's it.

Oh and hopefully I'm getting the Spice & Wolf and A Certain Magical Index light novels from my mate tomorrow.

Jan 27, 2017 2:43 PM
Have a few artbooks (D. gray-man, Black Bulter, Bleach and Naruto)

A few fanbooks (Death Note, Naruto, and Kekkai Sensen)

Some Plushies (2 Naruto ones & a lot of Pokemons)

2 keychains (Naruto & Kekkai Sensen)

2 Bleach katanas

a Kekkai Sensen and Pokemon Poster.

and ofc manga and anime of my fav series.

Oh and a ton of Pokemon & Yu-gi-oh cards (i don't really collect those anymore)

Despite how it looks I only buy something anime-related maybe once or twice a year :/

Jan 27, 2017 6:37 PM

Do posters count?
And a long long middle school time ago, I owned a yuyu shirt.

And manga of course

Jan 27, 2017 10:42 PM

Pyravia said:
_Poochyena_ said:
I've bought way too much anime merch from manga to plushies.
The last thing I bought was the "Start it Right Away" album by Hyadain for the Kuroko no Basuke anime.
Pictures somewhere? :3 I'd love to seeeeeee

The CD hasn't arrived yet cause it's coming from Japan. :(

But I can share some pics of other things:

Jan 28, 2017 5:06 AM

I got figures, t shirts, posters, accessories, art books, and plushies along side anime DVDs.

Jan 28, 2017 5:09 AM
Oingo Boingo ~

I own some shirts, figures, manga, and anime DVDs....
Oh, and posters, as well as a plushie and keychains.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'd love to see inside your mind, to tear it all apart;
To cut you open with a knife
And find your sacred heart.
I'd love to take your satin dolls and
Tear them all to shreds.
I'd love to mess your pretty hair;
I'd love to see you dead!
❤️ Mine. ❤️

Jan 28, 2017 5:41 AM

Uh, when I was kid I bought Bleach figure and Code Geass buttons. Oh and even now I have Hatsune Miku wallpaper on my wall

Jan 28, 2017 5:56 AM

I'm currently wearing a very sexy and comfortable Totoro t-shirt.

Jan 28, 2017 8:49 AM

I own and still buy high quality figures, usually when there at a good price.
I also have posters but haven't really got anywhere to put them.

Jan 28, 2017 6:54 PM

I buy a ton of anime merch, it's probably my biggest hobby next to books and video games.
Here is a picture of my bookcase:

Obviously, I have more stuff like posters, keychains, DVDs/BDs, visual novels, & plushies and stuff, I've been collecting for a few years lolol
I need to get another bookcase, this one I've had to start stacking my light novels and manga on top of each other, as you can see lolol
Modified by Blaffie, Jan 28, 2017 7:02 PM

Jan 28, 2017 7:03 PM

I've bought some blu-rays: Redline, Fate Zero, Fate/stay night UBW, Mahouka, and a few others.

I also have some LN's: Mahouka, Oregairu, Durarara, and Index.

Thought about getting a few figures, but I'm going to wait till I have more cash saved up since the holidays ate away at my wallet.
My Queens

Jan 28, 2017 7:50 PM

Oh no, never paid for it. I just rocked up to my local anime store at gunpoint and stole a bunch of figurines.

You make a lot of money doing it and you can even sell it cheaply!
SomeEdgeLord said:

I WILL report you from this forum if this continues.
In real life, I am one of the coldest, unsympathetic, people you'll ever know, who's grown up in an even colder household, you really don't want me to break my persona, I know how to make people feel bad.

Jan 28, 2017 7:53 PM

No... Quite frankly, I'm poor af :^)

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Jan 28, 2017 9:31 PM

I have an incomplete manga collection, some DVDs, and a few figures and keychains that I couldn't resist buying.

Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »