Forum Settings
Forums

Why do weeaboos say "kawaii" and "desu" all the time?

New
Jan 25, 2017 5:57 AM
Aug 2014
Everywhere I go, I see stupid weeaboos going like: "Oh! That's so Kawaii desu ne!" I've been hearing them say it over and over for god knows how long, and it seriously is one of the most annoying things on the planet. Why do they say it all the dang time?!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 25, 2017 5:59 AM

Mar 2015
Where do you heard those buddy....?

Leave those world immediately. You will get infected.
This salad is salty favored
Jan 25, 2017 5:59 AM

Dec 2012
Because that all the japanese they know .. Poor souls..

"They say that if you change yourself, you'll change the world, but that's a complete lie. They're just forcing you to compromise by feeding you a convenient little fib. Let me show you how to really change the world." -Hikigaya Hachiman

Jan 25, 2017 6:00 AM

Apr 2016
I mean i dont think this is a very common reason,but one kid at my school makes fun of me for watching anime and just says that shit around me, but everyone kinda hates him and calls him a weeaboo so i guess it works out...
Jan 25, 2017 6:00 AM

Apr 2013
Probably because they think something is cute, you know?
Jan 25, 2017 6:01 AM

Feb 2015
Because it's so "sugoi" !
In fact, they think it's cool to say some words in japanese because "I'm a real anime fan ! It's so coooooool Son of a bitch !" or something like that.
Jan 25, 2017 6:06 AM

Jun 2016
I'm assuming by "weaboo" you're referring to the stereotypical weaboo portrayed by the media.
When you listen to Japanese in anime, other than particles such as "wa", "ga", "no", etc., the most commonly used word is desu by kohais (lowerclassmen, who are typically the cute moe type that "weaboos" tend to admire), other than "-masu" and other word endings. Also since "desu" is the polite form of "da" they'll assume that desu implies a very high level of knowledge in Japanese and just use it everywhere.
"Kawaii" or "cute" is literally said because these moe characters tend to use "kawaii" to refer to cute things which kind of sticks with these "weaboos".
Also, if you go to google translate and type "I am cute!!!1!!!1!1!1!!1!!!" You'll get "私はかわいい!!!1!!!1!1!1!!1!!!" ("watashi wa kawaii!!!!!") and they'll just slap on "desu" to sound "cute" and very proficient in Japanese at the end and go around screaming this.

Of course, not that many people are like this anymore and personally I feel there are more haters than actual weaboos. Of course, that's just based on my experience and I haven't been in the community for a long time anyway.
Jan 25, 2017 6:08 AM

Feb 2013
kawaii sushi samurai desu yo ne

nyaan!
Jan 25, 2017 6:09 AM

Jun 2016
aidchade said:
I mean i dont think this is a very common reason,but one kid at my school makes fun of me for watching anime and just says that shit around me, but everyone kinda hates him and calls him a weeaboo so i guess it works out...
There's a kid in my grade like that too, but nobody really likes him bc he's that "edgy" kid who makes self-harm jokes and stuff and the only stuff he says are like spongebob memes which would still be ok except he has nothing else interesting to say.
Jan 25, 2017 6:10 AM

Aug 2015
Because it's kawaii desu.Naruhodo you're those type of people,aren't you?KISAMA!!!!

Apr 2014
Because they are fucking idiots, who think people in Japan actually speak like that.

Jun 2015
Asking this in a weebsite, lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
weebs
Jan 25, 2017 6:11 AM

May 2010
watashi wa shirimasen desu .........
Jan 25, 2017 6:11 AM

Mar 2015
Because Japan masterrace and they don't want to be seen as baka gaijin
Jan 25, 2017 6:14 AM

Aug 2015
romagia said:

nyaan!
Kare wa shittodesu desu ne,hontoni hontoni Shitto desu.
Jan 25, 2017 6:15 AM

Jul 2015
Yare yare... Why do you even care about them?

BTW, never saw anyone spouting jap stuff.
Jan 25, 2017 6:25 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
To be honest, out of all many weeaboos I've came across, none of them ever uttered those words, maybe we live on different dimension?

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jan 25, 2017 6:29 AM

Mar 2016
KazuroWeisemann said:

That and the must not know how to use them rights.

Really about the only time will hear some one say "Kawaii" will be when a Japanese women thinks some thing is really cute.
That and the whole Kawaii Japanese culture that can give you cuteness cancer some times.

Now for "Desu" to keep it common is like telling some thing or asking some thing.
Like say you're friend tripped and fell, you might ask them "Daijobu desu ka?" meaning more like "You okay?"
Might say back to you some thing like "Daijobu desu." meaning more are less "I'm okay." or even "Daijobu ja nai" For more are less "I'm not okay."
There is a number of ways with that alone.
Desu can also be used as a linking verb in Japanese.

I do see people use it wrong on online games all the time.
That or see people who do not even know what Kancolle is but will say "Poi" for no reason.
Can say something like Yuudachi poi? or Hawaiian Poi? They have No ideal what I'm talking about so call them stupid.
Let alone in Japanese you not going to hear some one say Poi in there daily life unless they joking around with anime friends.
Hanako_San1992Jan 25, 2017 6:32 AM

Jan 25, 2017 6:30 AM

Jul 2014
Because:

Always Unique Totally Interesting Sometimes Mysterious
Jan 25, 2017 6:42 AM

Jan 2017
Because they don't realize that it makes them look retarded. I'm honestly glad no one I know IRL watches anime, and I'm also glad that the only two major weebs I knew stopped talking to me. I literally cringed upon finding out one of these retards' instagram profiles, she claimed to know five languages when she barely knew her own, even "Japanise" according to her degenerate mind.
azoth212Jan 25, 2017 6:45 AM
"Now, come here. So long as we hold hands, we won't be separated."
Jan 25, 2017 6:44 AM

Jul 2015
Its their form of youth slang to distance themselves from the norm and in this case also from their peers to demonstrate theyre different. In their world theyre cool this way, though ofc the others dont understand them. ;) Also its mostly used by people, who are already outcasts and dont fear to get beaten up.
Jan 25, 2017 6:52 AM

Nov 2014
Where I'm from everyone is pretty reserved, so no shouting and annoying others. Most of the time we say these things as self-jokes about us being "weeb" (not really), but only among close groups of friends.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Jan 25, 2017 6:56 AM

Oct 2014
People who says 'bae', doing a dab, or bottleflipping are more cancer than weeb imo.
Jan 25, 2017 7:02 AM

Jan 2017
I'm a big anime fan but I don't do that, it's just a difference in approach to fandom. I personally don't express my fandom that way but to each their own and considering most anime watched is in Japanese rather than dubbed, some things end up sticking in peoples heads or sound good to people, I personally don't mind it, it's not a huge deal imo, if people like how those words sound or those words remind them of anime then so be it, that's just how they express themselves as fans of the medium.
Jan 25, 2017 7:26 AM

Apr 2015
AveryGamerDude said:
Everywhere I go, I see stupid weeaboos going like: "Oh! That's so Kawaii desu ne!" I've been hearing them say it over and over for god knows how long, and it seriously is one of the most annoying things on the planet. Why do they say it all the dang time?!

How can it be annoying? They just don't know the Japanese of "that's so" and all you need is to make them say "Oh! Hontou ni kawaii desu ne!" instead.
Jan 25, 2017 7:26 AM

Nov 2016
Because they're weeaboos. We wouldn't call 'em that if they didn't.
Jan 25, 2017 7:36 AM

Jul 2012
I use it only when i feel like doing stupid shit.
Jan 25, 2017 7:42 AM

Feb 2016
Isn't it like that most of them use it for make it sound "stupid" or purpose?
Like I've never seen anyone using these in RL - just like when talking dumb on the internet.
Jan 25, 2017 8:27 AM

Feb 2010
Because they can, probably.

Also idk where you hang out that you hear this all the time. Weeb central?
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 25, 2017 8:32 AM

May 2016
Because those ones are the only ones weebs know. You expect weebs actually put in the effort to properly learn the Japanese language.
Jan 25, 2017 8:34 AM

Dec 2012
It probably depends on the places you visit, I haven't heard anyone utter words like that unironically in years tbh.
Jan 25, 2017 8:35 AM

Mar 2016
RayAdha said:
To be honest, out of all many weeaboos I've came across, none of them ever uttered those words, maybe we live on different dimension?

This is like the deffining trait of a weeb... just a reminder that weeb=/=anime fan, and it depends on more than just how much anime they watch
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2017 8:37 AM

May 2016
They said sometime word is more effective that sword.
I hate humanity
A there is a belief
If a weeb word can kill people from cringe, I would gladly use it all the time.
Jan 25, 2017 9:09 AM
Jul 2018
"Desu" is because Karen is objectively best girl.

Don't even try to deny it.
Jan 25, 2017 9:17 AM
Sep 2015
Because weeaboos are weeaboos. No objections allowed.
Jan 25, 2017 9:19 AM

Aug 2014
I've literally never heard these words spoken unironically, even at anime conventions.
Sieg Zeon!
Jan 25, 2017 10:30 AM

Jun 2015
>"Weeaboos"

Pretty self-explanatory question there, bud.
Jan 25, 2017 10:31 AM

Feb 2015
QuattroVaginas said:
I've literally never heard these words spoken unironically, even at anime conventions.

Now this bugs me... The whole point of this is what? Seems like I don't know what "unironically" means despite the fact that I know what dramatic, situational and verbal irony is... Ohhh... what a great irony ain't it?

AveryGamerDude said:

I need translation dude... Seems like you don't need it because you speak it, but I don't...

KazuroWeisemann said:

Praise sensei for knowing more! xD

AspectOfJustice said:

Is there someone that is "weeaboo" but isn't a "weeaboo"?

RayAdha said:

Interesting... So what do they do except speaking the language?

Gazz said:
People who says 'bae', doing a dab, or bottleflipping are more cancer than weeb imo.

Mhhh... bae= shit

dab= I dunno what the fuck is that

bottleflipping= Dude... Nope... I'd rather hold it...

Pullman said:

When ppl think too much... :expressionless_emoji:

D-ohnuts said:
Because:

What a great poem dude...

2deep4me

Esper said:

OP is stuck... Sacrifices must be made...

aidchade said:

Ehhhh?! That escalated quickly... You didn't even dramatized the story...

Gator said:

Interesting... Is it because they can probably speak it?

I do know what "kawaii" is, but the other stuff OP said is what I need translation for...

OP just assumed everyone knows what it is... :expressionless_emoji:

Aquylion said:
In fact, they think it's cool to say some words in japanese because "I'm a real anime fan ! It's so coooooool Son of a bitch !" or something like that.

Interesting...

:sudoko_emoji:

:rip:

I'm so good~

abhimanyurox said:
I'm assuming by "weaboo" you're referring to the stereotypical weaboo portrayed by the media.

So what is the stereotypical weaboo that ppl portrayed as, without media's influence?

romagia said:

nyaan!

Kawaii!

What?

Translation pls...

:expressionless_emoji:

Milk_is_Special said:
Because they are fucking idiots

Lol... I'd agree on this to a certain extend.

abhimanyurox said:
There's a kid in my grade like that too, but nobody really likes him bc he's that "edgy" kid who makes self-harm jokes and stuff and the only stuff he says are like spongebob memes which would still be ok except he has nothing else interesting to say.

Mhhh... Interesting... Spongebob memes... Interesting indeed.... Did he said, " quoted from spongebob 'It's a sunny day!'" like that?

Interesting...

:thinking_emoji:

makyavelist said:

I dunno but... what the fuck is that mysterious character you just used dude?!

Aika said:

Ehhhh?!

Kawaii!

Sujoi!

What?!

:Suduko_emoji:

ultravigo said:
Because it's kawaii desu.Naruhodo you're those type of people,aren't you?KISAMA!!!!

I'm speechless... Wow....

Clebardman said:

I dunno... OP seems interested... Probably because he wants to be in?

Oikura said:

Kawaii... Naruhodo... WHAT?!

Baka!

Ehhhh?!

I dunno....

Kare wa shittodesu desu ne,hontoni hontoni Shitto desu.[/quote]

Naruhodo kamisama...

Ehhh?!

WTF?!

Anway desu~

What?!

But it's kawai~

cure_potato said:
Like I've never seen anyone using these in RL - just like when talking dumb on the internet.

I dunno dude... They use it in the internet because, seems like they can... Probably they can also do it in real life but ppl would just stare at them... No ppl would want that so they do it in the internet, I mean... It's convenient to do things on the internet anyway...

Anyway... desu~

Ehhh?!

kawai~ Interesting... Naruhodo...

[quote=cure_potato message=49442897]
_Lightsbane said:

I agree... Karen is a good waifu material.. She's so kawaii~

Though I'd say Shinobu is kawaii too...
_Ako_Jan 25, 2017 11:00 AM
Jan 25, 2017 11:08 AM

Aug 2014
_Ako_ said:
QuattroVaginas said:

Now this bugs me... The whole point of this is what? Seems like I don't know what "unironically" means despite the fact that I know what dramatic, situational and verbal irony is... Ohhh... what a great irony ain't it?

Nah, that's retarded, not ironic..
Sieg Zeon!
Jan 25, 2017 11:14 AM

Apr 2014
_Ako_ said:
[spoiler]
QuattroVaginas said:

AveryGamerDude said:

I need translation dude... Seems like you don't need it because you speak it, but I don't...

KazuroWeisemann said:

AspectOfJustice said:

RayAdha said:

Gazz said:

Mhhh... bae= shit

Pullman said:

D-ohnuts said:
Because:

2deep4me

Esper said:

aidchade said:

Gator said:

I do know what "kawaii" is, but the other stuff OP said is what I need translation for...

Aquylion said:

Interesting...

I'm so good~

abhimanyurox said:

So what is the stereotypical weaboo that ppl portrayed as, without media's influence?

romagia said:

nyaan!

Kawaii!

What?

Translation pls...

Milk_is_Special said:

abhimanyurox said:

Mhhh... Interesting... Spongebob memes... Interesting indeed.... Did he said, " quoted from spongebob 'It's a sunny day!'" like that?

Interesting...

makyavelist said:

Aika said:

Ehhhh?!

Kawaii!

Sujoi!

What?!

ultravigo said:

Clebardman said:

Oikura said:

Baka!

Ehhhh?!

I dunno....

Naruhodo kamisama...

Ehhh?!

WTF?!

Anway desu~

What?!

But it's kawai~

cure_potato said:

I dunno dude... They use it in the internet because, seems like they can... Probably they can also do it in real life but ppl would just stare at them... No ppl would want that so they do it in the internet, I mean... It's convenient to do things on the internet anyway...

Anyway... desu~

Ehhh?!

cure_potato said:

_Lightsbane said:

Though I'd say Shinobu is kawaii too... [/spoiler]
This shit is way to long man, how long are you planning to make a single post?! xD
Milk_is_SpecialJan 25, 2017 12:14 PM
Jan 25, 2017 11:14 AM

Feb 2015
QuattroVaginas said:
_Ako_ said:

Nah, that's retarded, not ironic..

Interesting, unironically, it's just ironic and quite possibly, the finest there is?

Wait... Nope dude... I'd argue that using "unironically" seems just to enhance how useless it is... I mean... What's the point of saying something "unironic" when it's already not?

Ohhh wait... Is that a new trend now? Am I missing something that is unironically important? What the fuck?! Where have I been all this time? Can I find that in the unsarcastic.com site?

Milk_is_Special said:
_Ako_ said:
[spoiler]

Mhhh... bae= shit

2deep4me

Interesting...

I'm so good~

Kawaii!

What?

Translation pls...

Interesting...

Ehhhh?!

Kawaii!

Sujoi!

What?!

Baka!

Ehhhh?!

I dunno....

Naruhodo kamisama...

Ehhh?!

WTF?!

Anway desu~

What?!

But it's kawai~

cure_potato said:

Anyway... desu~

Ehhh?!

cure_potato said:

Though I'd say Shinobu is kawaii too... [spoiler]
This shit is way to long man, how long are you planning to make a single post?! xD

Dude... Because it's good! kawaii kamisama enligthen senpai... Naruhodo... xD

The fuck?!

Ehhh?!

Jan 25, 2017 11:16 AM

Jul 2013
ultravigo said:
romagia said:

nyaan!

iyaaaaaa bishounen da, totemo daisuki da yo
Jan 25, 2017 11:18 AM

Feb 2016
_Ako_ said:
QuattroVaginas said:

AveryGamerDude said:

KazuroWeisemann said:

AspectOfJustice said:

RayAdha said:

Gazz said:

Mhhh... bae= shit

Pullman said:

D-ohnuts said:
Because:

2deep4me

Esper said:

aidchade said:

Gator said:

Aquylion said:

Interesting...

I'm so good~

abhimanyurox said:

romagia said:

nyaan!

Kawaii!

What?

Translation pls...

Milk_is_Special said:

abhimanyurox said:

Interesting...

makyavelist said:

Aika said:

Ehhhh?!

Kawaii!

Sujoi!

What?!

ultravigo said:

Clebardman said:

Oikura said:

Baka!

Ehhhh?!

I dunno....

Naruhodo kamisama...

Ehhh?!

WTF?!

Anway desu~

What?!

But it's kawai~

cure_potato said:

Anyway... desu~

Ehhh?!

cure_potato said:

_Lightsbane said:

This is way too long LOL.
Well maybe I just never really heard of these kind of things [or met people like this] because I used to be more around in Japanese communities than in English/International ones?
Maybe I'm just too old for this "trend".
Jan 25, 2017 11:21 AM

Feb 2015
cure_potato said:
_Ako_ said:

Mhhh... bae= shit

2deep4me

Interesting...

I'm so good~

Kawaii!

What?

Translation pls...

Interesting...

Ehhhh?!

Kawaii!

Sujoi!

What?!

Baka!

Ehhhh?!

I dunno....

Naruhodo kamisama...

Ehhh?!

WTF?!

Anway desu~

What?!

But it's kawai~

cure_potato said:

Anyway... desu~

Ehhh?!

cure_potato said:

This is way too long LOL.
Well maybe I just never really heard of these kind of things [or met people like this] because I used to be more around in Japanese communities than in English/International ones?
Maybe I'm just too old for this "trend".

Why y'all shitting on how long I respond now?!

Pullman-senpai pulls more than this dude... Ohhh interesting... What's in the Japanese community nowadays?

Jan 25, 2017 11:32 AM
Sep 2015
_Ako_ said:
AspectOfJustice said:

Nope. And I exactly mean that. Non-Japanese people who use Japanese words like "kawaii" and "desu" in their daily lives are called weeaboos. This way, weeaboos are just being weeaboos and that is all.
Jan 25, 2017 11:33 AM
Jun 2015
I have only heard it said ironically among other people that watch anime. I never seen anyone say that among people that don't watch anime. A weaboo is basically an unreasonable affectation for anime thinking its the best to the point the person becomes a bigot in regards of comparing other works to anime.
Jan 25, 2017 11:34 AM

Jul 2014
Yet you hang around them and here, the center of weeaboo cancer.

OP are you insecure that you're not kawaii desho?

Jan 25, 2017 11:35 AM

Feb 2015
AspectOfJustice said:
_Ako_ said:

Nope. And I exactly mean that. Non-Japanese people who use Japanese words like "kawaii" and "desu" in their daily lives are called weeaboos. This way, weeaboos are just being weeaboos and that is all.

But I say that yet don't classify myself as "weabo" what now dude?

And, by the way, I don't speak it to the open...

But, hey mah waifu is kawaii and mah kamisama... So... what now? her oppai is sugoi too... Naruhodo...

OppaiSugoi said:
Yet you hang around them and here, the center of weeaboo cancer.

OP are you insecure that you're not kawaii desho?

[img*]http://orig01.deviantart.net/0d84/f/2012/262/9/4/kawaii_obama_is_sugoi___by_fl345-d5f94kc.gif[/img]

NO! OP is kawaii!
Jan 25, 2017 11:52 AM
Sep 2015
_Ako_ said:
AspectOfJustice said:

But I say that yet don't classify myself as "weabo" what now dude?

And, by the way, I don't speak it to the open...

But, hey mah waifu is kawaii and mah kamisama... So... what now? her oppai is sugoi too... Naruhodo...

Don't know ¯_(ツ)_/¯
Anyways, one thing is for sure: People who are using words from a language that most (or all) of the people around don't know are posers.
Jan 25, 2017 12:17 PM

Aug 2014
15poundfish said:
I have only heard it said ironically among other people that watch anime. I never seen anyone say that among people that don't watch anime. A weaboo is basically an unreasonable affectation for anime thinking its the best to the point the person becomes a bigot in regards of comparing other works to anime.

Yo don't use that word, you'll trigger @_Ako_ and he'll type up some nonsensical response. See above, if you can sift through all the garbage.
Sieg Zeon!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

107 by Weeaboo_Bomber »»
54 seconds ago

» Is it weird that I wish strong female characters would get sad ending?

Sanjay63773 - 40 minutes ago

6 by Zarutaku »»
1 minute ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

65 by LostSpectre »»
5 minutes ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Yesterday

16 by Archean-Return »»
7 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

192 by FZREMAKE »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.