Forum Settings
Forums
Zaregoto Series
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 24, 2017 2:12 PM

Apr 2014
Well boys its out lets discuss it. I got my copy.

Jan 24, 2017 8:39 PM

Aug 2013
Only read 2 pages so far lol, going to finish it this weekend
Feb 18, 2017 10:42 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Finished it a few mins ago. I liked it. The mystery was nice and while most of my assumptions were wrong, I knew the painting of Ii-chan would play some role in the story as soon at it was brought up early on.

I thought Ii-chan was a decent MC and Tomo with the rest of the characters were pretty interesting in their own ways too. Idk if I should buy the 2nd book from Del Rey or wait to see if Vertical re translates it.
Feb 18, 2017 11:28 PM
Jul 2018
AntwanMantilla said:
Finished it a few mins ago. I liked it. The mystery was nice and while most of my assumptions were wrong, I knew the painting of Ii-chan would play some role in the story as soon at it was brought up early on.

I thought Ii-chan was a decent MC and Tomo with the rest of the characters were pretty interesting in their own ways too. Idk if I should buy the 2nd book from Del Rey or wait to see if Vertical re translates it.

Second vol is easily the best vol of the series along with sixth, however Del Rey copy is not really easily available afaik. The fan translator actually did an excellent job tho.
Feb 18, 2017 11:47 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Frostbytes said:
AntwanMantilla said:

Second vol is easily the best vol of the series along with sixth, however Del Rey copy is not really easily available afaik. The fan translator actually did an excellent job tho.

The 2nd book is on Amazon for about 7 to 10 bucks new. But if Vertical decides to pick it up, I'd assume it'd be a more "proper" translation than Del Rey's which is why I'll probably wait a bit to see.
Feb 18, 2017 11:52 PM
Jul 2018
AntwanMantilla said:
Frostbytes said:

The 2nd book is on Amazon for about 7 to 10 bucks new. But if Vertical decides to pick it up, I'd assume it'd be a more "proper" translation than Del Rey's which is why I'll probably wait a bit to see.

Del Rey one is pretty good too, you can consider it. Grog Moore really did an excellent job.
Apr 20, 2017 5:46 PM

Jun 2012
Frostbytes said:
AntwanMantilla said:

Del Rey one is pretty good too, you can consider it. Grog Moore really did an excellent job.

I can also vouch for the fan translation being pretty good for the second book. but I felt after reading the Vertical release of volume 1 and being pampered by what felt to me like one of the most polished light novel translations I have read to date, the writing couldn't hit me in the same way.

I went in fully aware though of that and still have no regrets or complaints since the ideas Nisio presents still come across well, but after reading the fan TL's of the other volumes up to five (I think?) I think it's about time I say fuck it and buy the Del Ray release of the second volume.

Thanks for the rec!
Apr 30, 2017 4:05 PM

Jul 2015
That was excellent.
I always suspected Shinya was involved somehow and that the picture would be important but I never would've come to the right conclusion by myself.
Great mystery/detective story.

Is there any news of a release of vol. 2 by Vertical?
Jul 6, 2017 11:47 AM

Feb 2016

Just why Nisio Isin's novel are not release in France. It's my dream XD Serioulsy...

More topics from this board

» Volume 10 fan translation?

Vileblood_Nobu - Jul 6, 2023

7 by prakash7045 »»
Apr 10, 11:37 PM

» Book 1: The Kubikiri Cycle Discussion

MrHatandClogs - Feb 6, 2010

16 by KitsuFrost »»
Nov 23, 2023 5:30 AM

» How do we get Vertical to publish all 9-10 books?

HarrierDuBoisFan - Jun 19, 2023

1 by Ikkun_ »»
Jun 19, 2023 10:36 PM

» Why is this ongoing again?

Eggs_Dee - Feb 8, 2023

4 by KitsuFrost »»
Jun 3, 2023 7:10 AM

Poll: » what do you think for the best episode?

kelvin8072 - Jan 28, 2023

2 by timetoai »»
May 20, 2023 8:01 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.