Forum Settings
Forums

Anyone faced a crossroads between anime and other hobbies?

Jan 23, 2017 1:57 AM

Has it come down to a choice between anime-related activities and non-anime-related activities for anyone before?

I have a set of hobbies involving computer science: Programming and reverse-engineering.
I have another set: Collecting fap material, singing, performing anime songs on the piano and making my own arrangements for them, and of course watching anime.

I only watch anime on my own when my dad goes to work at quarter after 5 AM and my mom is sleeping, but have been using that quiet time to work on computer nerd things.

My computer nerd things are interfering with my anime life. I have to blaze through them now so I can return to anime.
Fuck ALL deadlines.~

Filter my anime list by fetish:
Ass - Boxing - Bunny - Catfight - S&M - Wrestling

Jan 23, 2017 2:50 AM

For me, it's anime vs video games vs reading. Lately, my anime watching time is at a snail's pace because I've been trying to go through my massive backlog of games.

Jan 23, 2017 3:00 AM

No. I am just like a kid in a lollie store, moving from jar to jar in awe of all the different lollies. ( lollies in Australian parlance = sweets, candies). ( just in case) (now that I think of it it is just as befitting)
idk about you but the closer a girl gets to looking like ronald mcdonald, the more aroused i become. CAV

where can we cast our eyes to @PoruMairu who thinks of himself a member of the true church. Helion.

Jan 23, 2017 3:04 AM

I am usually faced with a similar dilemma on a daily basis: Anime or Suicide.

lmao just make a spreadsheet to organize time for each of your things.

Jan 23, 2017 3:23 AM

i think i get what you mean, i have or rather had a lot of hobbies, mainly i just watch anime, youtube and play video games nowadays.

but back then i used to play Airsoft, practice Martial Arts, Archery, Swimming, Badminton, Drawing, the Gym and building Gundam and Zoids model kits
also joined the Swim Club in College, Choir in Highschool and was president of the Art Club in Gradeschool.

but most my free time now is spent on anime, youtube and video games, it was fun but i'm getting tired with too much anime and video games now, so i'm thinking of getting new hobbies like jogging or cycling to get back into shape and maybe go back to the Gym somewhere down the line.

lately, i've only been watching 1 episode of anime a day and i'd only play video games a few times week, but back in 2015 when i really started getting into anime, i watched 3-6 episodes of anime a day, and back in 2014 and earlier, i'd play video game during all my free time.

though ultimately, i think we have the opposite dilemma.

Jan 23, 2017 5:12 AM

ye every is one ned sacrifice other pursiut & poriritize on only few thing

Jan 23, 2017 5:40 AM

I like anime but it comes dead last on my list of activities, it comes with the least productivity and I only really watch it when I'm either done with the other stuff I wanted to do that day or I'm too tired to do any of my other activities.
I wouldn't like to change this pattern since this helps me retain general productivity in my everyday life and some of the other stuff is way more fun to me than anime(not implying anime is not a fun pastime of course).

Jan 23, 2017 6:12 AM

Mhhh... Not really, but sometimes I got my hands full on daily stuff, and chatting with random server in Discord... But I manage it all to be honest, I mean I restrict myself to watch 3 EPs of series and if I can push myself to go beyond that is a nice thing, that means I was efficient throughout the day. However, if I haven't watch any series, well sucks... That's part of life...

Jan 23, 2017 6:16 AM

Yes I Abandoned All My Non Anime Related Activities And Now Iam Only Watching Anime :)

Jan 23, 2017 7:44 AM

such a hard time deicding whether to watch shitty anime or americunt sitcom/ crime dramas

of course that is not really a prob when a series is outright just the better one.

Jan 23, 2017 7:47 AM

le animes when I find a good series, everything else when there's nothing to watch
The person who said that the pen is mightier than the sword has clearly never heard of automatic weapons.

Jan 23, 2017 12:17 PM

IpreferEcchi said:
Has it come down to a choice between anime-related activities and non-anime-related activities for anyone before?

I have a set of hobbies involving computer science: Programming and reverse-engineering.
I have another set: Collecting fap material, singing, performing anime songs on the piano and making my own arrangements for them, and of course watching anime.

I only watch anime on my own when my dad goes to work at quarter after 5 AM and my mom is sleeping, but have been using that quiet time to work on computer nerd things.

My computer nerd things are interfering with my anime life. I have to blaze through them now so I can return to anime.

...Honestly, you can do everything and anything you want, there is no need to choose.

Jan 23, 2017 4:15 PM

I have 3 sets of primary hobby interests:

Science - philosophy, metaphysics, research, discovery
Anime - and other akiba related things
Fiction - studying, developing, world building, storycrafting

i also have some other minor ones like music, stargazing, trick-shooting stuff, roleplaying, even cosplay and erotic play (pending sex-change first)...

I don't have to choose between them though. I watch anime all the time, and while watching anime i'm paying attention to characters and plot development, and when plot devices come up, i ponder as to how you could rectify that scientifically... I'm going to be writing a story with inspirations from all kinds of places, and insert a lot of original science into it as well.

There's always a way to make it work in unison, it just requires some ingenuity.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.

Jan 25, 2017 3:08 PM

Every year is the same, I have to decide between: anime, video games, books, history, music.
But at the end is the same and I end up doing a bit of each one.

Jan 25, 2017 3:10 PM

If you struggle finding balance in your life, just kill yourself. That's what I would do.

Jan 25, 2017 7:04 PM
Mutated Elitist

Not really. I do whatever I want to do at the moment. I'm not watching as much as I can because I'm constantly messing with either Forza or MGSV, but once I'm bored with the former and have 100% completed the latter, my anime viewing time will either spike, or will stay steady as I attempt to catch up on all the Fallout Equestria stories I've missed over the years.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova

Jan 25, 2017 7:12 PM

1. Anime
2. Games
3. Internet Browsing
4. Watching Youtube
5. Watching TV
6. Buying unnecessary stuff
7. Go walking around shopping malls
8. Self Educate
9. Doing something beneficial
10. Working

I usually have season of gaming or watching anime (like this year, i watch more anime in january alone than last year, at least according to malgraph).
90% times i will procrastinate and doing something fun instead something beneficial in long term
FML
Watching style atm:

1. Mindless Gaming + Anime streaming with dual monitor
2. Focused + Anime binged watching with speed up
3. Couch / Bed Anime watching with large TV
4. Relaxing in virtual cinema with VR.

Jan 25, 2017 9:48 PM
Yeah, I find it often gets in the way of my writing.
Shoryu said:
Aureolus
Life-enhancing-body-suits are good and all, but they can't protect you against the void.
Shoryu said:
Hopefully a better quote in the near future
Become a friend of Blahkabelison, they're a female.

Jan 28, 2017 8:35 AM

For me its anime and video games, no show seems worth watching when i have a kingdom to save

Jan 28, 2017 8:46 AM

My only hobby is anime considering the time I invest in it.
I play video games only when I'm taking a little break from anime, and that consists of 6 hours a week at most.

Jan 28, 2017 9:02 AM

Should I watch anime, play videogames, work on manga drawing skills, or conlang? Most of the time I choose the last one.