Forum Settings
Forums

Ability to add anime to 'Ignore list' for - 'My Anime Suggestions'

New
Jan 21, 2017 11:46 AM

Apr 2016
'My anime suggestions' is a good feature and helps in seeking out anime that you have not seen and/or are aware of. The issue is that I'm getting suggestions of anime which I'm aware of and don't want to watch, ever, for various reasons. These anime tend to fill up the entirety of the suggestions. I'm looking for a feature where I could add those anime to an ignore list so that they never pop up in 'My anime suggestions' and the ability to edit that ignore list if need be.
Something witty that makes you think I'm funny

Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier
Jan 21, 2017 1:10 PM

Jan 2014
Hmm, I actually like that idea. Not that I really bother to look at the suggestions anyway, it would be nice for others.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Jan 21, 2017 1:27 PM

Sep 2016
+1, I agree all of my anime suggestions are some that I don't want to watch/will never watch in the near future.
(This has been suggested before in a couple of threads)
MAL definitely needs to add this feature or at least give a new suggestion on every refresh or login. I find anime/manga suggestions useless as of now.
Jan 21, 2017 2:26 PM

Nov 2016
This is must-need. I don't want Naruto, One Piece, Fairy Tale, etc recommended on every single list I see.
Jan 21, 2017 5:07 PM

Apr 2014
This seems fun
If we can eliminate the stuff we know we can expose ourselves to the anime that need more attention :]
Jan 21, 2017 11:32 PM

Dec 2014
Yes absolutely agree. I am not interested in any of the anime suggestions that they recommend we should be able to ignore the ones we aren't interested in and they should be able to replace it with other shows they always recommend Naruto, Bleach I am not interested in those shows they should update the recommendations for everyone each time you log in
Jan 24, 2017 1:16 PM
Jan 2016
I actually wanted to suggest this exact thing too. I strongly agree that such a feature would be most welcome. Because the way it is now, the suggested anime/manga thing is just completely useless. 100% of the titles I see there I already know and don't want to watch or read.
Jan 24, 2017 7:12 PM

Jan 2009
Completely agree. Half my current suggestions are Naruto, Bleach, Dragon Ball Z, Fairy Tale, and One Piece... yeah MAL, I know about those ones.
Jan 25, 2017 6:48 AM

Mar 2012
Glad I'm not the only one that gets shitty recommendations and wanted to suggest this.
Hardly a personal recommendation if everyone gets the big three etc.
Jan 25, 2017 7:46 AM

Feb 2016
Agreed.

I'm not having this issue with my anime recommendations - but my manga recommendations are everything light novels I would not even try to touch when I'm drunk.
Jan 26, 2017 8:52 AM

Jan 2014
you should've made a poll.
because i agree, it would be a useful feature to have.
Jan 26, 2017 11:37 AM

Jul 2015
My suggestions are I guess somewhat accurate? There are some series I have thought I would never watch but in the past ended up watching anime and completely changed how I thought about a series so I guess it's alright.

Maybe for those who get bad suggestions here is a suggestion for you: stop watching shitty anime so it could stop recommending you shitty anime.

Jk jk jk jk jk jk lmao. I apologize before hand is this triggers somebody lmao
Feb 4, 2017 12:58 PM
Jan 2016
_Ionic said:

Maybe for those who get bad suggestions here is a suggestion for you: stop watching shitty anime so it could stop recommending you shitty anime.

Funny thing you should say that, because my suggested anime are, among others: Kiseijuu, Bungou Stray Dogs, Mob Psycho 100, Overlord, ReZero and Haikyuu. :P
And I have absolutely no interest in any of them.
Feb 5, 2017 3:06 AM

Aug 2015
Great idea. I actually thought about it last night, I hope they do it soon.
Liking traps is gay and liking Lolis is Pedophila.
Come at me bruh!
Feb 6, 2017 9:32 PM

Aug 2014
I would love this
Traps are life send me some bitcoin - Address: 1KVHdySJobwzM9EKqqAn6HiasjWJHVAWgT

Feb 11, 2017 3:59 PM

May 2013
A quick temp-solution for this problem is to simply set any anime/manga you don't want to see as 'Dropped' - doing this will cause MAL to remove it from your suggestions list.

It's not perfect ('Dropped', to me at least, gives the impression I started reading/watching as opposed to 'Ignore') but the end result is the same if you just want to clear unwanted stuff from your suggestions list.
SQ5 said:
Bea is dead. In an alternate future she would've borne your son. In the future past of Space Quest 4, your son would've saved your life. But she didn't, so he couldn't -- therefore you aren't.
- Space Quest 5 death scene
Feb 18, 2017 7:40 PM

Aug 2016
Yeah, I wanna be able to dismiss recommendations that I don't like too. Also, recommending second seasons when I haven't watched the first season is rather annoying.
Apr 4, 2017 5:53 AM
Jan 2016
So... Is there any chance of this change being introduced?
Apr 4, 2017 6:31 AM

Jan 2017
GREAT
Apr 4, 2017 7:59 AM

Aug 2016
Like hell, i got the same problems. What i have in my suggestions are Naruto, Haiykuu and One Piece, And all these sports related anime. AND I AM SUPER AWARE that i didn't wanna watch them. I just hope there's ignore list. I'm missing out a lot of great anime cuz of shitty suggestions

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 4, 2017 1:52 PM

Apr 2016
siegeandc0nquest said:
A quick temp-solution for this problem is to simply set any anime/manga you don't want to see as 'Dropped' - doing this will cause MAL to remove it from your suggestions list.

It's not perfect ('Dropped', to me at least, gives the impression I started reading/watching as opposed to 'Ignore') but the end result is the same if you just want to clear unwanted stuff from your suggestions list.

Yeah I've sort of been doing this, except I force myself to watch one episode so I can drop it immediately
Apr 8, 2017 12:29 PM

Apr 2016
PlayStation said:
siegeandc0nquest said:

Yeah I've sort of been doing this, except I force myself to watch one episode so I can drop it immediately

You don't have to watch an episode to drop it. You can set it manually through the status drop menu.
This is a signature. It is used to hold images and words. However, I am using it to store these lines your reading right now!
Apr 8, 2017 5:23 PM

Apr 2016
Butterstroke said:
PlayStation said:

You don't have to watch an episode to drop it. You can set it manually through the status drop menu.

Well I do it, because I feel bad if I don't do that

More topics from this board

Poll: » Add list setting to make notes private (on public lists)

S_h_a_r_k_93 - Nov 12, 2022

25 by anonymate »»
10 hours ago

» Add number of episodes and number of members in the advanced search.

Yacine2104 - Jan 10

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Yesterday, 12:26 PM

» Local Language districts

kuroneko99 - Apr 22

5 by Luchipher-Zen »»
Apr 23, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Change picture of favorite character ( 1 2 )

gehoti2822 - Nov 12, 2022

60 by AgravityBoy »»
Apr 23, 9:09 AM

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

19 by himanshi122 »»
Apr 19, 5:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.