Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Interviews with Monster Girls
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 21, 2017 7:47 PM

Sep 2014
I'm really liking this show! Funny and cute episode :D Looking forward to next weeks episode, hopefully we get to learn more about snow girl.
Jan 21, 2017 7:52 PM

Dec 2014
succubus is so awesome... I hope she ends up with sensei.... overall good episode altogether
Jan 21, 2017 9:47 PM

Jun 2013
damn sensei has it rough
AxelucardJan 21, 2017 10:06 PM
Jan 21, 2017 10:05 PM

Jul 2016
lol very funny episode, never thought Succubus-sensei will be this full of expression lol.
And I hope Snow girl will get better "life" in next episode, it's sad to see her.
Jan 21, 2017 10:07 PM
Apr 2015
Shipping the spiky hair guy and Hikari/SenseiXSensei

kys ephebophiles
X-AltJan 21, 2017 10:20 PM
Jan 21, 2017 11:12 PM

Mar 2016
Burger-Meister said:
Heartfelt episode. Taki-sensei is lovely and I felt her discussion on maturity and adulthood was on point.
Lol I suddenly remember the sensei in Hibike Euphonium
No seriously.
Jan 21, 2017 11:59 PM
Jul 2018
S E X

vampire's kiss was so cute

So, the succubus is in love with the Takahashi-sensei as well? oh well, best girl btw.

Snow woman's turn to get interviewed.
Jan 22, 2017 1:22 AM
Oct 2016
Though in this eposide, Sato sensei should be main character, I`d like to say Takanashi-chan most Kawaii !
She likes talking about loving, in ep2 with Kyouko, but actually she is so shy when Sensei talked sex with her, it really makes me laugh !
Also her voice, in particular when she smiling, I feel so warm and pleased !

BTW, her name is Takanashi, written by Chinese character is 【小鳥遊】
小鳥 means little bird, 遊 means play, so 小鳥遊 means ''the little birds playing in sky free and easy''
But, if you know Japanese, you should know that 小鳥 is read as ''Kotori'' (eg. Minami Kotori, from LoveLive!), and 遊 as ''Asobi''.

So why 小鳥+遊=''Takanashi'', rather than ''KotoriAsobi'' ?
Because ''Taka''【鷹】 means eagle, ''Nashi''【無し】 means ''Nothing''
And the combination means "'There is no eagles'', that`s why ''the little birds playing in sky free and easy''.

This is from a Chinese Character Guess Game (sry I don`t know whether the translation is correct). In the ancient, only someone who has a high-education knows so much Chinese Character, so they played this game to show the extensive acquaintance of themselves, and also let others more easily to remember so much Chinese Character.
love500winsJan 22, 2017 1:32 AM
Jan 22, 2017 1:32 AM

Jan 2014
^wow mindblow, I've never look at it that way.
Jan 22, 2017 1:42 AM

Jul 2014
Looks like Takahashi-sensei is starting to unwittingly get himself a harem, though I don't suppose that's going to play into future events too much in a show of this nature. Still, this was another fun episode and next week should be as well with the proper introduction for Kusakabe looking set to come.
Jan 22, 2017 2:13 AM

Oct 2016
This show really excels my expectations. Probably the AOTS for me. All of the girls are really cute and have interesting backgrounds.

The MC is also nice and very realistic. Best girl is probably vampire-chan, her face emotions are so funny lol.

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Jan 22, 2017 3:08 AM

Jun 2013
So this is about the troubles of a sekushi succubus. Because she's a succubus she can't expose too much skin, she can't come into contact with men, she can't sleep in apartment complexes. She's got it pretty tough. She has to put in some extra effort to avoid men and sexual thoughts. I liked this episode in general. The focus on Sakie was nice. Lol when she bumped into Takahashi but he acted like nothing was happening to him when in fact he was effected big time. And that leads to Sakie falling for him a bit. Sakie falling in love with Takahashi is much better than Machi falling for him since the former is an adult and the latter is just a kid and his student too. Also, shouldn't Takahashi be married by now? Assuming Sakie was right in her guess, Takahashi should be in his mid or late thirties. Would be really something if one day Machi and/or Sakie see Takahashi with his family lol.

Also, I would like to see how Sakie had managed things when she first discovered what she's capable of as a succubus. Those would have been quite the times lol.

Liked those Hikari moments. She tried to act all mature and experienced in romance and stuff but she really couldn't talk about that stuff lol. Takahashi saying "sex" twice turned out to be too much for her to handle lol. Liked how Takahashi was unfazed when Hikari kissed him on the cheek. That really showed that he's an adult and not like those loser MCs who would have lost their heads over that. He doesn't see his students as anything other than students which is how a teacher should be.

Now to see what the snow girl's problem is. She avoids people quite a lot and some girls think that she's being arrogant. And this girl will probably also end up falling for the sensei like Machi. Dammit.
Jan 22, 2017 4:25 AM

Apr 2011
Hikari really is such a great character. Her reactions are so incredibly hilarious. Satou is incredible. I'm not sure how anyone could live in such fashion.

Rook81 said:
Neromon said:
Why the hell did this show turn into sensei's harem. What the fuck.
Because that's what the source material does. "Everybody loves Sensei" is where this has always been headed. It's not even shy about it.

I find the odd duality kind of interesting though. Give an age appropriate self-insert character a harem and it's the worst cliche ever. Give a TEACHER a harem of his own STUDENTS and heck yeah, we're totally down with it. WTF indeed...

The problem isn't the harem, but rather how the harem is portrayed. Most of the harem shows you're talking of often has a protagonist with an incredible charisma of negative (i.e. lower than the average nobody) and yet manages to have the most popular girls in the vicinity flocking after him. Takahashi has been shown in all 3 episodes so far to be the exact opposite. Besides, only Machi and Satou has the hots for him (so far), which isn't enough to call this a harem.
Jan 22, 2017 5:08 AM

Oct 2013
the sex thing made me laugh haha
Jan 22, 2017 5:22 AM

Jul 2015
And we get the Succubus girl, Satou Sakie. With her not so exciting life, as she attempts to avoid any sort of physical contact with men.

Hikari is still really sensitive when it comes to topics about romance and such. She was blushing pretty dang hard. I like watching her get flustered. And Sakie and Kyouko have a nice conversation that I enjoyed. All in all, a very good episode, now we have just one more character to be properly introduced, and a problem that needs solving.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jan 22, 2017 5:24 AM

Aug 2013
Damn, Hikari is great <3
Neromon said:

And what's wrong with it?
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 22, 2017 6:18 AM

Sep 2014
rsc-pl said:
Damn, Hikari is great <3
Neromon said:

Well, for me, it ruins an otherwise comfy show by adding uncomfortable elements. Not to mention it's just pointless and somewhat undermines the characterization and themes.
Jan 22, 2017 6:43 AM

Nov 2011
Really well-run episode regard the narrative. It proves to be very versatile and able to complete all the work without missing anything. The introduction of the character of Sakie, is well crafted and meets all the questions that the viewer type, had placed so far. But at the same time he manages to make the characters interact Hikai and Machi, without them monopolizing too much the main scene. And I assume that now is the time to also learn about the character of Yuki, Yay! However, I find that all the characters are fantastic, and make it really enjoyable this show; if it continues so this anime, I'll put in my preferences.
Jan 22, 2017 7:19 AM
Nov 2012
That was pretty bad compared to ep 1-2

IK this show was gonna be a semi harem, but the whole ''jealous teacher'' put me off.
Jan 22, 2017 7:26 AM

Jun 2015
Iyashikei Harem? Interesting concept.
Sex. Sex.

Haha, teacher totally forgot how immature Hikari is.
Am I the only one thinking that succubus-sensei should be more worried about a student going after a teacher?
Jan 22, 2017 9:54 AM

Aug 2009
I'm surprised Im still watching this. I'm usually not into this type of show, but there are a few factors which keep me interested.

1. The MC isn't a bitch (he actually has a good attitude and is confident)
2. Monster girls... (I guess its a weird fetish of mine)
3. The girls are decent (not too annoying or forceful)

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jan 22, 2017 10:52 AM

Dec 2009
love500win said:
BTW, her name is Takanashi, written by Chinese character is 【小鳥遊】
小鳥 means little bird, 遊 means play, so 小鳥遊 means ''the little birds playing in sky free and easy''
But, if you know Japanese, you should know that 小鳥 is read as ''Kotori'' (eg. Minami Kotori, from LoveLive!), and 遊 as ''Asobi''.

So why 小鳥+遊=''Takanashi'', rather than ''KotoriAsobi'' ?
Because ''Taka''【鷹】 means eagle, ''Nashi''【無し】 means ''Nothing''
And the combination means "'There is no eagles'', that`s why ''the little birds playing in sky free and easy''.

This is from a Chinese Character Guess Game (sry I don`t know whether the translation is correct). In the ancient, only someone who has a high-education knows so much Chinese Character, so they played this game to show the extensive acquaintance of themselves, and also let others more easily to remember so much Chinese Character.
That's interesting, though not hard to find out on investigating the kanji(hanzi).

I'm not sure what sparked the Kotori subject though.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 22, 2017 1:41 PM

Mar 2016
Not gonna lie I'm going to be kinda pissed if snow girl falls for the Iron Man too.
syncrogazerJan 22, 2017 1:47 PM
Jan 22, 2017 7:05 PM

Jul 2013
Neromon said:

Well, for me, it ruins an otherwise comfy show by adding uncomfortable elements. Not to mention it's just pointless and somewhat undermines the characterization and themes.

Well if our MC is the typical loser boy then yeah it would but as we can see in this episode, our MC is an actual dependable cool adult. That he managed to stay calm despite being affected by the succubus' charm should say quite a lot about him.
Jan 22, 2017 9:52 PM
Jan 2016
Neromon said:

It's not a harem at all. Hikari likes to tease (which actually matches some real life accounts I've heard from English teachers in Japan, it's not uncommon for outgoing girls to tease like that) and Yuki might act bashful, but that's because she's shy in general. There haven't been any signs of romantic interest from those two in the manga and it's already four volumes into the story, so it's safe to say that's not going to happen in the anime given how closely they're following the manga.
Jan 22, 2017 10:08 PM

Apr 2016
This show is like a panacea for the soul; I seriously cannot get enough. I had high expectations for Satou, and she delivered. Hope we'll get to see more actual interactions between her and sensei and less third-hand stuff, though, even if it'll be difficult given her "condition." In any case, I'll keep loving the comfy atmosphere and likable characters on display here. These episodes are too short ^.^
Jan 22, 2017 10:48 PM

Sep 2014
MysteriousBanana said:
Neromon said:

It's not a harem at all. Hikari likes to tease (which actually matches some real life accounts I've heard from English teachers in Japan, it's not uncommon for outgoing girls to tease like that) and Yuki might act bashful, but that's because she's shy in general. There haven't been any signs of romantic interest from those two in the manga and it's already four volumes into the story, so it's safe to say that's not going to happen in the anime given how closely they're following the manga.

It doesn't matter whether it is an actual harem or not, I'm not going to argue technicalities. I'm just not interested in the version of this show that includes sensei being the target of female crushes.
Jan 23, 2017 12:40 AM
Dec 2016
that echoing voice from Tetsu-sensei tho.
Jan 23, 2017 2:45 AM

Apr 2009
More Tetsuo/Sakie scenes please although I have feeling those will be far on the fewer end in this anime unfortunately.
Jan 23, 2017 6:11 AM
Mar 2016
Neromon said:
rsc-pl said:
Damn, Hikari is great <3

I would not argue about the first sentence bcuz it's your own preference. And I also don't like the fact that the two loved the MC. But the second sentence, I wanna argue about it.
It's not pointless. Actually, it's helps characterize those two. Their love for MC have several reasons. And knowing these reasons, we can imagine how they choose their love interest. And the reasons make sense.
The main cause of falling in love of the succubus is caused by a big misunderstanding. Weak sexual desire, lol! In the case of the succubus, it's more of an accidental love. In case of the dullahan, it's more of a puppy love or a crush.
One of the themes of this show is IMO, disappointingly, romance. The two demis liked the MC. The vampire wants to talk about love. So I can say that this is also an SoL about romance.
crx07Jan 23, 2017 6:15 AM
Jan 23, 2017 7:06 AM

Sep 2014
crx07 said:
Neromon said:

I would not argue about the first sentence bcuz it's your own preference. And I also don't like the fact that the two loved the MC. But the second sentence, I wanna argue about it.
It's not pointless. Actually, it's helps characterize those two. Their love for MC have several reasons. And knowing these reasons, we can imagine how they choose their love interest. And the reasons make sense.
The main cause of falling in love of the succubus is caused by a big misunderstanding. Weak sexual desire, lol! In the case of the succubus, it's more of an accidental love. In case of the dullahan, it's more of a puppy love or a crush.
One of the themes of this show is IMO, disappointingly, romance. The two demis liked the MC. The vampire wants to talk about love. So I can say that this is also an SoL about romance.

Honestly I don't see how it helps the characterization when both of the reasons you mentioned are superficial, I'm not saying they aren't plausible but the fact remains that I find the romance entirely uninteresting and superfluous, all it really does is distance me from the characters.
Jan 23, 2017 7:53 AM

Mar 2009
Confused. Doesn't a Succubus have to sleep with men in order to feed off their life energy? Otherwise, they die? How is Satou-sensei still alive if she avoids all contact with men?
Maybe this show is playing with tropes again, like it does with vampires.
Jan 23, 2017 9:03 AM
Jan 2013
Seriously Machi :P
There are many nice guys in the world, why did u fall for 30+ teacher.
Jan 23, 2017 9:16 AM

Sep 2013
Sakie is keeping herself under control otherwise she can easily be a sex god and be a whore with legions of men everyday ( ͡° ͜ ͡°)

Sensei's ripped arms are too stronk for these poor girls XD
Jan 23, 2017 10:05 AM
Mar 2012
aww cheek kiss already. The harem is growing. Hikari so much win always hilarious & energetic. Lol sensei master stoic. Very nice arm.
Romance & adult facade discussions felt natural, even believable with the demi issues.
Satou sensei issues quite interesting, almost like living a brutal schedule to workaround a "disability". So much char detail in 1 ep.
Jan 23, 2017 11:24 AM

Nov 2011
Rook81 said:
Neromon said:
Because that's what the source material does. "Everybody loves Sensei" is where this has always been headed. It's not even shy about it.

I find the odd duality kind of interesting though. Give an age appropriate self-insert character a harem and it's the worst cliche ever. Give a TEACHER a harem of his own STUDENTS and heck yeah, we're totally down with it. WTF indeed...

I'm 31, I can totally self-insert into sensei and love every second of this anime. Ordinary teenage harem MCs annoy me with their gynophobia (exceptions: Arata from Trinity Seven and Ararararagi)

Can't decide on a ship here here. Macchi and Hikari are both so cute. Hikari is a more "normal" choice, but Macchi is a nice, gentle girl and can do things no other woman can...

Also, Succubus-sensei, kawaisou... Having to wake up at 4 am... She should just live at school! wonder if you could somehow deplete her powers temporarily by engaging in various activities with her.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Jan 23, 2017 12:51 PM
Jul 2013
Lol that was funny. Loved the way sensei hid his emotions about erotism lel. He is a lady killer rofl. And that sex sex sex. That was hilarious and gay. Overall this episode was fun.
Jan 23, 2017 4:30 PM
Dec 2016
Now my only question is how old is Tetsuo.
Jan 23, 2017 5:16 PM

Nov 2011
rikuhod said:

Because their haircuts macchi.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Jan 23, 2017 5:42 PM
Jun 2016
The succubus teacher is my new favorite character
The echoing part oh my God
Jan 24, 2017 12:03 AM

Jul 2010
Takahashi so suave.
“Are there some unseen roles that we have unknowingly set ourselves into, dictating the rules of engagement whenever we see each other, inevitably leading to us hurting each other?”
Jan 24, 2017 6:44 AM

Nov 2012
Dressing unattractively to counter succubus' lewdness. This is quite something.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Jan 24, 2017 12:18 PM

Sep 2013
Satou-sensei is sexy but has to dress fugly to coverup her succubus effects. Takahashi is quite calm and collected, a far cry from the usual harem protags.

Also liked the fact that they are showing some realistic problems faced by some demis, my guess Hikari will be the ultimate tear-jerker.
Jan 24, 2017 12:33 PM

Oct 2016
A chapter dedicated to the succubus with glasses ... It was very intense. A very quiet and relaxing anime, although it does not surpass Flying Witch
Jan 24, 2017 1:06 PM
Jan 2017
I was going to decide if I was going to continue or drop this but I'll give more of a chance. Just to see how things play out with Yuki Kusakabe character.

She probably going to end up as part of the harem. Hell we know it. But like her, doubt it hold me for long.
Jan 24, 2017 1:42 PM

Apr 2015
Another Awesome Episode!
Jan 24, 2017 9:35 PM

Aug 2016
She's not much of a succubus.
Jan 24, 2017 10:39 PM
Mar 2016
rikuhod said:
Probably, she didn't know that there are other nice guys out there. It's difficult to figure it out. Also, it seems that she wants men with strong arms (which is not that common) to carry her head around. (otome fantasy)
linchpin said:
Because their haircuts macchi.
Lol
Jan 25, 2017 7:56 AM

May 2016
Hikari best grill !
Jan 26, 2017 8:39 AM

Feb 2008
Despite the episode being mostly concentrated on the succubus, the vampire still managed to steal the show. She clearly underestimated the biology teacher... Still, Hikari's the most interesting character (perhaps second only to Tetsuo himself).

Although, Sakie was rather amusing as well.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2017

216 by VetrandR »»
Apr 11, 4:58 AM

» This series would probably be better with at least SOME ecchi... ( 1 2 )

--ALEX-- - Feb 14, 2017

55 by tectacles »»
Feb 18, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2017

147 by tectacles »»
Jan 31, 5:57 AM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2017

148 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 27, 5:30 AM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aversa - Jan 7, 2017

190 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 26, 10:13 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.