Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 20, 2017 7:47 PM

Mar 2009
Aquamirror said:
You are cancer to Japan and you are helping undermining their culture.
Get the fuck ASAP out of there OP, you clearly don't belong to Japan with your degenerate thinking.

"Nazis" don't even exist anymore.

The last part is obviously satire, but I honestly can't tell with the first part.
Jan 20, 2017 8:02 PM

Dec 2014
I don't understand what's the point of singling out a rce is which is no longer in existence
Jan 20, 2017 8:19 PM

Aug 2008
Nazi worship and people defending Japanese war crime denial are common among anime fans and Wapanese community. It's no wonder why anime fans are seen as social stigma and cancerous people. There's no pride in being anime fans.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jan 20, 2017 8:25 PM

Jul 2013
I think the term Neo-Nazi is extreme and that a lot of people that get shoved under that label are people with legitimate concerns about what's happening to the world. I don't hate any group of people, but I hate what's happened to countries like Sweden and which is unfortunately happening to the rest of the world. My own country is being abused and exploited by racial groups that have migrated here and their actions disgust me.

Those who go around shouting "Neo-Nazi" are usually very close-minded people who prefer to ignore these problems so they can stick up for the underdog and feel good about themselves. If MAL editors are censoring them then I say it's well deserved.
Jan 20, 2017 8:50 PM
Jan 2014
Zapredon said:
Nazi worship and people defending Japanese war crime denial are common among anime fans and Wapanese community. It's no wonder why anime fans are seen as social stigma and cancerous people. There's no pride in being anime fans.

I've literally never once in my life seen pro-nazi discussion in anime circles anywhere on the internet, so I don't know where you're getting this.

Closest thing I've seen is red hat anime avatars, which im pretty sure are done ironically, as those people don't actually watch anime.
Jan 20, 2017 8:58 PM

Mar 2015
i think we must differentiate people who get labeled as one and people who identifying himself as one...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 20, 2017 9:04 PM

Aug 2008
ItsXolo said:
Zapredon said:

I've literally never once in my life seen pro-nazi discussion in anime circles anywhere on the internet, so I don't know where you're getting this.

Closest thing I've seen is red hat anime avatars, which im pretty sure are done ironically, as those people don't actually watch anime.

Go to Current Event. Some even think Holocaust did not happen. There are also those who think Japan did no wrong for whitewashing their history.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jan 20, 2017 9:04 PM
Apr 2015
In case you don't know you can select Hitler as one of your favorite people on MAL
Jan 20, 2017 9:08 PM

Aug 2007
GangsterCat said:
neo nazi doesn't exist and only used to label someone that left leaning liberals hate like racist, xenophobic, sexist whatever -ist -phobic

I'm not sure if you're only pretending to be retarded, or actually are.

Jan 20, 2017 9:10 PM

Mar 2009
Tentology said:
In case you don't know you can select Hitler as one of your favorite people on MAL

Did you do it ironically? Either way, it seems pretty awful to make him out to be someone likeable—even as a joke.
Jan 20, 2017 9:15 PM

Nov 2014
Pullman said:
Lost_Viking said:

Japan being "racist" is a good thing. It preserves their indigenous culture. If white countries did the same there wouldn't be a refugee crisis. While I don't agree with outright violence, I think native cultures need to be able to protect themselves from foreign influences.

We do need to make sure all those europeans finally leave america and their native population and indigenous culture alone :>.

Immigration is an essential part of the history of prett much every country and culture. Culture isn't something static, and foreign influences don't destroy it, they make it able to keep evolving and staying alive.

There's a difference between forced migration and migration happening due to the bad quality of life. When we have a forced migration, i.e., on a massive scale, then the country, or countries at question are being threatened by changing of the demographic landscape as well as cultural and ideological values of the country by the massive influx of foreign culture and ideology.

Since we're talking about human catastrophe on a large scale, as a country that's being invaded by a massive influx of immigrants(or refugees), you can not use military force to protect your own border. So, supposing a war is going on in where those refugees came from, and, thanks to history, we know that a war is not something that's going to end in a year, these refugees would stay and live in the country that they migrated, thus, some of them will assimilate and many will not; so, once this happens, you have a clash of both, ideological and cultural values of two different groups that'll be hard to sustain and might pose a danger to maintaining the cultural and ideological values of the country, as well as changing the demographic landscape of the country. And, this sadly leads to more problems for the country as a whole in many ways.

All in all, migration on massive scale comes with a lot of problems.
Jan 20, 2017 9:37 PM

Dec 2012
Hmm so what? Its not like they are funding Neo-Nazi's , Changing an article or two on MAL is completely useless.. I mean who even reads these articles?

Also Even if Neo Nazi's do exist there can't be anymore atrocities in the modern day world because of their lack of power .. Its nothing to be concerned about ..

Also Hitler may be Evil , But History Textbooks never tell the Full Story , Go read his Autobiography .. Even you would sympathize..

"They say that if you change yourself, you'll change the world, but that's a complete lie. They're just forcing you to compromise by feeding you a convenient little fib. Let me show you how to really change the world." -Hikigaya Hachiman

Jan 20, 2017 11:00 PM

Mar 2009
AlabastreAizo said:
MAL editors rewrote an anti-Nazi article due to someone within MAL (this likely means a staff member) found the article to be offensive. They even edited his article without telling him.

[...]The new article doesn’t follow the spirit of his original piece at all and in fact included a new addition to the list, Rudol von Stroheim from JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure, described as “an unusually positive portrayal of a Nazi soldier.”

Original Article Subheading:
The rise of Neo-Nazi hate groups in America and around the world has been terrifying. To help you feel a little better and maybe even inspired, here's a bunch of anime and manga about kicking Nazis in the ass.

New Article Subheading:
In popular culture, next to zombies, Nazi's have been our go-to stock characters for when lazy writers needed the ultimate evil enemy. Here are 11 examples of Nazis in anime and Manga!

The implications of these changes are that offending Neo-Nazis is a concern. It should be recognized that people that hate others for their race, color, or creed are not those we should sympathize with. I'm honestly a bit disgusted that MAL would directly be supportive of this sort of practice.

As someone who went to a march against sexist and racist behavior last night in Tokyo, I hope that there are many others on this site against Neo-Nazi ideologies.

How do other users feel about the article being changed in that way?

Yeah, I hate them as much as I hate SJW's. Hey, you're not a SJW, aren't you?
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Jan 20, 2017 11:08 PM

Dec 2016
What made me sad about this is the fact that I don't understand what this discussion is about even after reading from top to toe.

Am I really that immature to not understand politics? *proceeds sitting in the corner*

~Le Signature
Jan 20, 2017 11:29 PM

Dec 2015
kuzushiko said:
What made me sad about this is the fact that I don't understand what this discussion is about even after reading from top to toe.

Am I really that immature to not understand politics? *proceeds sitting in the corner*

Dont worry you are not alone... wanna go fishing? *cough cough... I got a boat, 2 fishingpoles and some baits ready.. cough.. cough...
Do you know, better than sitting in the corner... *cough.. cough...
"It’s so ri-ri-diculous that I h-hope you understand even if I st-st-stutter, my t-t-talking ability is a little lacking
Still I wanted to at least s-speak co-co-correctly but my mouth keeps getting c-c-crooked because I lo-lo-love it so much, love it so mu-much "

[signature]
Jan 20, 2017 11:45 PM

Feb 2013
A neo-nazi skinhead MyAnimeList feature writer was writing an article on Adolph Hitler, known nazist
“Before the article begins, you must get on your knees and worship Hitler and accept that he was the most highly-evolved being the world has ever known, even greater than Jesus Christ!

The rise of Neo-Nazi hate groups in America and around the world has been terrifying. To help you feel a little better and maybe even inspired, here's a bunch of anime and manga about kicking Nazis in the ass.”lol i actually read that as "neo-nazi hate" groups, not "neo-nazi" hate groups; as in anti-neo-nazi groups

At this moment, a liberal jewish homosexual moderator who understood the necessity of ilegalizing holocaust denial and fully supported all anti-nazi video games made in the United States stood up and edited the article.

“In popular culture, next to zombies, Nazi's have been our go-to stock characters for when lazy writers needed the ultimate evil enemy. Here are 11 examples of Nazis in anime and Manga!”

The arrogant skinhead smirked quite nazily and smugly made a thread “MAL editors rewrote an anti-Nazi article due to someone within MAL (this likely means a staff member) found the article to be offensive. They even edited his article without telling him.”

“I came here to laugh at MAL talk about cartoons with my buddies and not fear being censored by some Neo-Nazi scum.” the replies went. sorry zetazaku fam you were the first to use the c-word

The moderator was visibly shaken, and dropped his keyboard and copy of Schindler's List. He stormed out of the room crying those jewish crocodile tears.

The posters applauded and all registered NeoNazi that day and accepted Adolf as their lord and savior. An imperial eagle named “Reichsadler” flew into the room and perched atop the Nazi Flag and shed a tear on the swastika. Mein Kampf was read several times, and God himself showed up and enacted a ban on judaism across the country.

The moderator lost his tenure and was fired the next day. He died of the gay plague AIDS and was tossed into the lake of fire for all eternity.

Any Resemblance to Real Posters or Actual Posts Is Purely Coincidental
Jan 20, 2017 11:50 PM

Jan 2016
KazuroWeisemann said:
Hmm so what? Its not like they are funding Neo-Nazi's , Changing an article or two on MAL is completely useless.. I mean who even reads these articles?

Also Even if Neo Nazi's do exist there can't be anymore atrocities in the modern day world because of their lack of power .. Its nothing to be concerned about ..

Also Hitler may be Evil , But History Textbooks never tell the Full Story , Go read his Autobiography .. Even you would sympathize..

He was clearly a man bullied by the USA and the russian and driven to suicide.

Anyway i like the aesthetic aspect of the nazism or some building of the fascist era. Characters with nazi outfit are pretty cool, even the Zaku from Gundam.
Jan 21, 2017 12:07 AM

Dec 2012
Johnnyd3rp said:
KazuroWeisemann said:

Anyway i like the aesthetic aspect of the nazism or some building of the fascist era. Characters with nazi outfit are pretty cool, even the Zaku from Gundam.

Also Hitler had a proper reason to hate Jews .. He was not a psychopath who killed mindlessly , Sure the way he did it was Wrong but at the same time he was trying to build power .. I recommend you read the Manga Waga Tousou (Its about Hitler's life to how he built the Nazi party , Its only a few chapters)

Also there is a theory that Hitler faked his death , survived and Fled to Argentina .. Although it is a Conspiracy theory most of it makes sense .. Look it up..

"They say that if you change yourself, you'll change the world, but that's a complete lie. They're just forcing you to compromise by feeding you a convenient little fib. Let me show you how to really change the world." -Hikigaya Hachiman

Jan 21, 2017 1:33 AM

Jan 2015
yeah, they look stupid when edited retarded's articles so did ah.. new page

la critique de l'intention pure
Jan 21, 2017 1:36 AM

Jan 2015
MAL is weird again.....who cares if someone wrote smh retarted....it's just stupid to argue about politics....this is cartoons site....not anti-Nazi/Racist/crybabies forum
Jan 21, 2017 1:52 AM

Jan 2016
KazuroWeisemann said:
Johnnyd3rp said:

Also Hitler had a proper reason to hate Jews .. He was not a psychopath who killed mindlessly , Sure the way he did it was Wrong but at the same time he was trying to build power .. I recommend you read the Manga Waga Tousou (Its about Hitler's life to how he built the Nazi party , Its only a few chapters)

Also there is a theory that Hitler faked his death , survived and Fled to Argentina .. Although it is a Conspiracy theory most of it makes sense .. Look it up..

To be honest i was joking about Hitler being bullied :D

It's true that i find the fascit/nazist aesthetic fascinating though.
Jan 21, 2017 1:57 AM

Dec 2012
Johnnyd3rp said:
KazuroWeisemann said:

To be honest i was joking about Hitler being bullied :D

It's true that i find the fascit/nazist aesthetic fascinating though.

Well I was not joking though .. Go check it out..

Jan 21, 2017 3:10 AM

Apr 2011
Denpai said:
Big deal... the article was poorly written either way. Even I, a sophomore in high school, would be ashamed of that trash.

Nonetheless, there's terms that the writer must accept in order to have the priveledge to post on here. MAL staff members have the right to edit the article.

Are you implying that the featured articles section has well written articles?

As for the OP, nothing good will come out of MAL getting political, especially since the major reason the featured articles exist is to lure horny teenagers to MAL, so changing an obviously politically motivated article is a good thing. Discussing politics is one thing, but to feature an article with such blatant political views in it is another completely.
Jan 21, 2017 4:45 AM

Nov 2012
Zapredon said:
ItsXolo said:

Go to Current Event. Some even think Holocaust did not happen. There are also those who think Japan did no wrong for whitewashing their history.

"I saw a few trolls among literally hundreds of users express harmful opinions who also happen to like anime, it must be "common" thinking and that is why being an anime is seen as a bad thing"

Your logic is just as bad if not worse than most racist people's logic.
Jan 21, 2017 5:09 AM

Apr 2012
@Pullman
I just wanted to give one simple opinion on the topic to stand next to the other opinions given, not start some debate about right or wrong in the writing industry. I'm out after this one.
"It's muh opinion" does not protect you from criticism.
This is not a court of law so who cares? The point is not that it would fit any legal definition. 'Hoping to inspire' might be far from being as direct as specifically asking someone to do something but it shows similar intentions so I still find it condemnable. You don't have to agree but, but it's silly trying to make it sound like I'm making up things when it's clearly in the text. The difference is in degree, not principle, which might matter for the law, but it doesn't have to matter for the publishing policy of a website. Or my personal stance on the matter.
It's clear that you don't understand the implications of being so narrow minded on the subject. With this type of logic, you are now getting rid of a whole lot of media and users.
Inspiring to troll, inspiring to flame, inspiring to... And so on and so forth.

Your point of view sterilizes everything.
He is clearly referncing the real-life rise of neo-nazis he mentioned right before that when he says 'To help you feel a bit better [about those real-life Neo-Nazis I just mentioned] and inspire you'. That's just basic syntax interpretation based on the given context.
That's not even the point.
When it comes to maintaining a public image it's not always about being reasonable, it's about being as little offensive as possible to avoid any negative backlash (unless the image you want to project says otherwise). That's just reality.
Not really, no. Negative backlash only happens if there's an unreasonable offense. Otherwise you wouldn't see so many YouTubers that are politically incorrect be so popular and make so much money with little to no backlash. Censorship for example is mostly seen as a negative by anyone that has some modicum of knowledge.

Don't mention reality as if you have some edge, it's clear you're lacking it.
Yes, I think articles should focus on their main purpose and nothing else if possible and yes I don't like provocation as a method of communication because more often than not it just starts chain reactions of negative feedback that lead nowhere. Sue me.
The article did just that though, while adding some provocation for the purpose of fun. You have some inherent need to have everything cater to your and a few other people's sensibilities here.
That's a very optimistic outlook on provocation. It can lead to discussion, but most of the time it will just lead to negative feedback and people getting frustrated and hateful.
At this point I'm curious what "negative feedback" means to you. Also, why is it a bad thing that it leads to frustration and supposedly hate (no, it doesn't, "hatred is too strong of a word).
What it does is give a specific context to my disapproval. Which you then take away and generalize my opinion against my clear intentions. That's called twisting my words. But I'm sure you know that.
If only this actually happened. You have no idea how to clarify your point and thus, you blame it on others for your failures.
I said I'm against real-life politics in braindead listing articles and especially when it's just used to provoke.
What I said does not "twist" anything you said here.
As for why I just want a listing article to focus on listing, I just do.
This is circular logic and pretty narrow minded.
When I click on a listing article I expect a list of shows that fit the theme of the article with minimal information about them attached.
So now you're telling me the article mentioned in the OP wasn't actually a listing article?
that serve no discussion purpose
But this is wrong. Provocation does create discussion.
For example, this same thread and OP is being provocative by raising the most obvious flags possible.

This thread is now 3 pages long and some people have already brought out the walls of text.
I see no reason why I should approve. Is that so hard to understand?
Apparently.
Because your reasons are stupid. That's why.

yhunata said:
Denpai said:
Big deal... the article was poorly written either way. Even I, a sophomore in high school, would be ashamed of that trash.

Nonetheless, there's terms that the writer must accept in order to have the priveledge to post on here. MAL staff members have the right to edit the article.

As for the OP, nothing good will come out of MAL getting political, especially since the major reason the featured articles exist is to lure horny teenagers to MAL, so changing an obviously politically motivated article is a good thing. Discussing politics is one thing, but to feature an article with such blatant political views in it is another completely.
It's clear you don't know that being politically neutral is possible while hosting certain types of articles.

For example, having all points of view posted.
What MAL does is not be apolitical but completely left leaning.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
ShockedJan 21, 2017 12:47 PM

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jan 21, 2017 5:26 AM

Feb 2013
There are some people who think it's funny to support the Nazi and Hitler, they are usually under 10 years old and never heard of the things they did, they are stupid.
Jan 21, 2017 5:32 AM

Apr 2012

People here actually claim MAL has actual white supremacists.

Autocrat said:
Jan 21, 2017 5:33 AM

May 2013
Faederwulf said:
The genuine Nazis were never hateful. As for Neo-Nazis inspired by Hollywood films, of course they're going to act like thugs, they've been riled up by insulting propaganda, and start to sympathise with a falsified image of a Nazi.

"The genuine Nazis" were 60% the most vile, racist people you can imagine, who despised to a certain degree every non-German people out there and made concrete plans to cleanse them from the face of the eart through starvation, forced labour and death camps, and 40% sociopathic monsters who couldn't give a shit about the Nazi ideology but didn't mind walking about mountains of corpses if it meant attaining power. Neither group is sympathetic in the least.

Jin_uzuki said:
I thought people favoriting Hilter on MAL were just trying to be edgy and funny, but after looking at vegeta8639 posts, I'm not so sure now.

Oh, he's a genuine Nazi, alright. Just cowardly or intellectually bankrupt enough to hide himself behind a meaningless term like "white nationalist".
VentrisJan 21, 2017 5:42 AM

Jan 21, 2017 5:35 AM

Jul 2015
@Immahnoob Looks like you didn't take the time to learn to read while you were on vacation, because they're very open about it, and we have some of them in this thread.
Jan 21, 2017 5:38 AM
Jul 2018
Articles about anime taking politicals stances is fucking stupid. The change was justified.
Jan 21, 2017 5:40 AM

Apr 2012
Clebardman said:
@Immahnoob Looks like you didn't take the time to learn to read while you were on vacation, because they're very open about it, and we have some of them in this thread.
I want you to create a comprehensive study on the matter, with names, interviews and of course, some insurance that the ones interviewed are not giving us any type of false data.
I also want them to be the majority of the population of MAL.

Looks like with the time I wasn't here, you've started thinking that one shoddy example proves any of your imaginary points.

GreenSoap said:
Articles about anime taking politicals stances is fucking stupid. The change was justified.
Censorship isn't justified.

Autocrat said:
Jan 21, 2017 5:45 AM

Jul 2015
@Immahnoob

Well
"What MAL does is not be apolitical but completely left leaning."
I want a comprehensive and documented study too, genius, because so far you provided no arguments but a bunch of pics. You spent too much time with Spooks if you think a silly pic helps you make a point. It just looks childish.
Jan 21, 2017 5:54 AM
Jul 2018
Immahnoob said:
Censorship? I don't see MAL's anime article section as a platform for which to spread your political opinions, however minute they may be.
Jan 21, 2017 6:01 AM

Jan 2016
Clebardman said:
Jin_uzuki said:
I thought people favoriting Hilter on MAL were just trying to be edgy and funny, but after looking at vegeta8639 posts, I'm not so sure now.

Hmmm. There's a bunch of white supremacists here.

Scholastic education has failed at some point i guess.
Jan 21, 2017 6:07 AM

Aug 2008
SuperRed said:
Zapredon said:

"I saw a few trolls among literally hundreds of users express harmful opinions who also happen to like anime, it must be "common" thinking and that is why being an anime is seen as a bad thing"

Your logic is just as bad if not worse than most racist people's logic.

Nazi worship or supporting Japanese whitewash history is more common among anime community than any other community.

Jin_uzuki said:

If you been lurking in CE section before, it's nothing new really. There are also those who think Holocaust never happen.

Jan 21, 2017 6:11 AM

Apr 2011
Immahnoob said:
yhunata said:

It's clear you don't know that being politically neutral is possible while hosting certain types of articles.

For example, having all points of view posted.
What MAL does is not be apolitical but completely left leaning.

But the original article wasn't neutral.

As for the second point, I haven't looked at that cancer fest in months. Last I glanced at it, there were a bunch of lists about tits and asses and whatnot, but no politics. Shame it's fallen to that now.
Jan 21, 2017 6:14 AM

Jul 2015
GangsterCat said:
neo nazi doesn't exist and only used to label someone that left leaning liberals hate like racist, xenophobic, sexist whatever -ist -phobic

There are a few but not nearly as many as you would think by reading certain news headlines.
Jan 21, 2017 6:15 AM

Feb 2016
LMAO at all the people here who spew the same old bullshit buzzwords they have no idea what they actually mean...
Jan 21, 2017 6:19 AM

Sep 2016
Aquamirror said:
LMAO at all the people here who spew the same old bullshit buzzwords they have no idea what they actually mean...
the result of western media brainwashing, ckckck
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 21, 2017 6:33 AM

Apr 2012
GreenSoap said:
Immahnoob said:
Censorship? I don't see MAL's anime article section as a platform for which to spread your political opinions, however minute they may be.
Even if it were mentioned anywhere that political opinions shouldn't be present in the anime article section, it would still be a retarded position to have.
Clebardman said:

I want a comprehensive and documented study too,
I don't need to do that though. I can point out at the reasoning behind the censorship here to confirm that.

You claimed that the majority of MAL is X. I claimed that the political affiliation MAL has, as in, the staff mostly, is left leaning and tends to be akin to the progressives more than anything.
There's a difference of how extraordinary our claims are.
@yhunata
But the original article wasn't neutral.
You're not reading what I'm saying. You can be neutral by allowing all points of view to be expressed.
As for the second point, I haven't looked at that cancer fest in months. Last I glanced at it, there were a bunch of lists about tits and asses and whatnot, but no politics. Shame it's fallen to that now.
Politics are great for discussions.

Autocrat said:
Jan 21, 2017 6:37 AM

Jul 2015
Immahnoob said:
You claimed that the majority of MAL is X.

You just confirmed what everybody knows, you're unable to read one sentence without misunderstanding it totally.

Clebardman said:

a bunch

Go stroke your ego in front of someone else.
Jan 21, 2017 6:41 AM

Apr 2011
Immahnoob said:

Great for discussions, but not quite as great to lure casuals, no? If I remember correct, that's what one of the mods/admins said the Featured Articles is for, thus why there are/were so many lists.
Jan 21, 2017 7:29 AM

Apr 2012
Immahnoob said:

People here actually claim MAL has actual white supremacists.

Clebardman said:

Clebardman said:
Immahnoob said:
You claimed that the majority of MAL is X.

You just confirmed what everybody knows, you're unable to read one sentence without misunderstanding it totally.

Clebardman said:

a bunch

Go stroke your ego in front of someone else.

I'm sorry, say what?

I clearly asked you for them to be a majority, you then proceeded on to quote me and ask me for a study instead, agreeing with the notion.

yhunata said:
Immahnoob said:

Great for discussions, but not quite as great to lure casuals, no? If I remember correct, that's what one of the mods/admins said the Featured Articles is for, thus why there are/were so many lists.
Everyone has a say in politics anyway. And actually, if we're going that way, being "anti-nazi" should garner more support from the casuals.

Autocrat said:
Jan 21, 2017 9:03 AM

Feb 2008
Ah, the usual Uber-Elitist hypocritical bigotry. This is basically a glorified bait thread, since it's purpose is to garner the "expected primitive reaction from MAL", in order to alleviate some boredom, rather than to help preserve human rights on the site. The group harbors individuals that openly discriminate against Muslims as inherent rapists and pedophiles, and those which condone bombing and death of civilians, with no relation to military infrastructure whatsoever. So much for the freedom fighters of MAL.

With that said, I know that AlabastreAizo probably has good intentions, genuinely caring for the issue, but the group behind him (with honorable exceptions) is in it for some cheap laughs, due to the toxicity that this type of threads tends to gather.

Ironically, I think this has little to do with Nazis per se, as it has to do with the connotation of casually bringing up a complex issue in something as benign as a MAL featured article. It's censorship nonetheless, which sucks, but I'm certain that any other questionable theme that could tie in with real social and political movements, especially in America, would be swept under the rug.

It's a somewhat crude analogy, but I can imagine that a featured article with an opener like, "The uncovering of financial dealings between several American companies and ISIS has been terrifying. To help you feel a little better and maybe even inspired, here's a bunch of anime and manga about kicking terrorist ass!", would have been edited as well for the same reason. It has little to do with support of such groups, as it has to do with internet TPO, or so I'd like to believe.

Jan 21, 2017 9:53 AM

Feb 2016
This discussion is fucking cancer and needs to be locked.

Allowing retards on both sides to spout their extreme abnormal opinions, thereby making them seem more widespread and normal should not be allowed or endorsed.
Jan 21, 2017 10:00 AM

Apr 2012
Drynoa said:
This discussion is fucking cancer and needs to be locked.

Allowing retards on both sides to spout their extreme abnormal opinions, thereby making them seem more widespread and normal should not be allowed or endorsed.
Oh no, abnormal opinions? Differences of stance on my MAL?

Unacceptable, burn down the forums!
How dare people DISCUSS (pbuh) on a FORUM?

Autocrat said:
Jan 21, 2017 10:30 AM

Jun 2016
the fact that people in MAL sympathize with nazism/fascism does not impress me tbh.
THE SMITHS ARE THE BEST BAND
Jan 21, 2017 10:34 AM

Mar 2013
Wew is this thread still open?

How many days do we need to leave it before all the neo-nazis out themselves so that we can ban them all, close this thread and be done with it?

And how long before this thread gets linked by r/shitwehraboossay?

Edit: 6 hours ago, apparently Im not really on top of my own shit

https://www.reddit.com/r/ShitWehraboosSay/comments/5pabnp/shitweaboossay_neonazis_weebs_on_my_anime_list/

Quick somebody wank Rommel so I can use this thread to complete a row on my wehraboo bingo card
Jan 21, 2017 10:41 AM

Jul 2015
Question: if I love my own country and race, don't believe media and think that there is something wrong with the current world, does that make me nazi?
Sukebe14Jan 21, 2017 10:46 AM
Jan 21, 2017 10:42 AM

Dec 2016
Every manga/anime/movie/tv-show where are nazis, they always have been asskicked.

Grow up, man, it's 2017, everybody hats nazis, even the right-wingers in west. They only right-wingers, because they want to protect the liberalism from islam. But they hate nazis as well, just like everyone else, expect some idiot from eastern-europe.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.