Forum Settings
Forums

NIS America Acquires Toradora and PandoraHearts

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
 
#1
Feb 11, 2010 10:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4384
NIS America, US branch of Japanese game publisher Nippon Ichi Software, have announced that they will enter into the US Anime DVD Industry with an initial lineup of four titles below:

Toradora!
Persona ~Trinity Soul~
PandoraHearts
Wagaya no Oinari-sama

Currently they plan to begin their releases towards the middle of 2010, but note that actual release dates and price points shall be announced at a later date.

Source:NIS America Anime Press Release 10-02-2009 (pdf file)

Story by [profile=Ephidel]Ephidel[/profile]
Modified by myanimelistllc, May 1, 2016 8:39 AM
 
#2
Feb 11, 2010 10:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 334
Ohh. Toradora and PandoraHearts, what I was planning to watch. Interesting.
 
#3
Feb 11, 2010 10:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 2256
 
#4
Feb 11, 2010 10:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 124
More competition in the U.S. anime market is always a plus.

I look forward to supporting this new company.
 
#5
Feb 11, 2010 11:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 4311
Interesting seeing as how Nippon Ichi's stocks dropped nearly 20% due to their poor profits in gaming for the last year or so. Guess they're going to try and get a profit from a different media.
 
#6
Feb 11, 2010 11:23 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 527
JLS said:
I look forward to supporting this new company.
They aren't new, they're just somewhat new to the industry.
 
#7
Feb 11, 2010 11:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 455
They chose a few good titles to start with
 
#8
Feb 11, 2010 11:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 111
Yeah! I'm looking forward to these new releases.
 
#9
Feb 12, 2010 12:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 560
I'm looking forward to hearing the dub of Toradora!

 
Feb 12, 2010 12:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 470
Wow, Nippon Ichi was the one to take Toradora? That's some pretty wild news.


 
Feb 12, 2010 12:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 101
Finally, Toradora! comes to the US I've been waiting so long...
 
Feb 12, 2010 1:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 256
Nice way to enter the anime industry :)
I'll buy all four without a doubt. Hopefully the company will license more anime series :o
 
Feb 12, 2010 2:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 3813
Good to know that Funimation isn't always getting Titles
 
Feb 12, 2010 2:44 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 2103
Hopefully Pandora Hearts gets released over here in the UK. I haven't watched any of the other series, but I'm sure they're good too~
 
Feb 12, 2010 2:52 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 2788
Are these dubs or just licensed subs?? I wouldn't mind a dub for Toradora.
 
Feb 12, 2010 3:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 947
nice v nice

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
 
Feb 12, 2010 3:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 214
If they dubbed Pandora Hearts I'd be so happy. hahah.
 
Feb 12, 2010 4:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 839
Most interesting "R1 anime"-related news this year. Toradora is an instant buy, the others are all maybes (depending on how they will handle them).
[fancy signature here]
 
Feb 12, 2010 4:56 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 1134
Wasabi said:
Interesting seeing as how Nippon Ichi's stocks dropped nearly 20% due to their poor profits in gaming for the last year or so. Guess they're going to try and get a profit from a different media.


Voice actor Greg Ayres (a fav of mine) once said that Japan's anime industry's success is also relied on U.S. supporting co's like Funimation, Viz Media, Geneon U.S. and so forth.

The titles sound interesting.
 
Feb 12, 2010 5:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 1216
Persona ? Strange idea, it was pretty bad.

But yes for Toradora!, I'm surprised it wasn't already acquired.
 
Feb 12, 2010 5:27 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 922
Woah! Toradora! Good news!
 
Feb 12, 2010 5:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1381
Toradora!, Persona ~Trinity Soul~, PandoraHearts, Wagaya no Oinari-sama. wow, they make some good marks there.
 
Feb 12, 2010 5:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 4491
YES! about time someone acquired toradora!
 
Feb 12, 2010 5:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 745
NISA also mention that "Like its video game offerings, anime titles will be available with collector’s items."

(And as a random note, 'Wagaya no Oinari-sama' has a 'new name' of "Our Home's Fox Deity")

I think its an interesting move, considering that anime publishers are normally complaining about drops in sales, and NIS (the parent company) announced a rather large drop in profits last year... I hope it does well for them though, as the anime licensing market could probably use some diversity.

I think they could probably have picked a better title than Trinity Souls, mind you, as I don't think I''ve ever heard much good said about it.

Toradora sounds like it could do well for them though ;)
 
Feb 12, 2010 6:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 235
Would it be too much to hope for BluRay releases? Especially for Pandora Hearts and Toradora!

I know I'll be starting my BluRay collection with Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, scheduled for release on May 25, 2010. <3
 
Feb 12, 2010 6:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 447
Toradora!
Persona ~Trinity Soul~
PandoraHearts

Well, I like their choice :3
 
Feb 12, 2010 6:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 2925
Well, well. That are some ambitious plans.. Toradora's gonna sell alright!
And again, I fail for living in an R2 region.


 
Feb 12, 2010 7:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 996
JLS said:
More competition in the U.S. anime market is always a plus.

I look forward to supporting this new company.


Agreed.

I was surprised to hear about it last night...and I welcome it. :)

tehnominator said:
Are these dubs or just licensed subs?? I wouldn't mind a dub for Toradora.


Also agreed. Dubbed Toradora plz~
You can find me on IRC.
 
Feb 12, 2010 7:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 1562
I'll finally get to own Taiga in DVD format.
 
Feb 12, 2010 8:16 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 2194
I hate NIS America...but hell, if they're getting into anime DVDs I guess that's good. Not that that'll keep them from making some of their crappy games, but whatever floats their boat.
 
Feb 12, 2010 8:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 32
Are these getting dubbed?
Either way I'm excited as I intend to continue watching Pandora Hearts again after I left it on on-hold some time ago, I don't even know why I stopped watching it when I thought it was actually pretty good. ;/
Modified by Regi, Feb 12, 2010 8:24 AM
 
Feb 12, 2010 9:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 536
HOLY SHIT BUYING LIMITED EDITIONS OF TORADORA
 
Feb 12, 2010 9:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 485
NIS is taking Toradora?

This is awesome
 
Feb 12, 2010 9:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 396
I don't care for Tora Dora, but I really want to watch Pandora Hearts and I should play Persona 3 before the DVD release. This is great news...........except the Tora Dora part.
 
Feb 12, 2010 9:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 3339
not bad toradora and pandora hearts
 
Feb 12, 2010 10:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 570
KayChan4U said:
I hate NIS America...but hell, if they're getting into anime DVDs I guess that's good. Not that that'll keep them from making some of their crappy games, but whatever floats their boat.

eh since when NIS creating a game, sir?

but shit i'm surprised NIS get into anime business n their pick is actually smart lol
 
Feb 12, 2010 10:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 560
desolato said:
And again, I fail for living in an R2 region.


Me too =( But it will eventually make it to the UK and other R2 regions...right?

 
Feb 12, 2010 10:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 4288
I hope some group rips the DVD version...I don't have access to those other than downloading.

 
Feb 12, 2010 10:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 347
This is awesome news. I've been waiting for a release of Toradora so I hope NIS do a good job. I'm happy about the news of Limited Editions. I'm a big collector and I hate when companies don't offer Limited Editions. Companies like Bandai, what they did to Code Geass was just wrong. Releasing the first season in a Limited Edition and then nothing for the second season. Making the complete collection looking awkward.

Anyways, I hope all the best to NIS. Will be interesting to see if they do a dub or if they stick to subs only.
 
Feb 12, 2010 11:41 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 31868
I hope they release a really nice Toradora box set to put on my shelf.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
 
Feb 12, 2010 11:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 26
I hope they do something similar as to what Sentai and FUNimation are doing with their packaging. As much as I love DVD artwork, slim boxsets save a lot of space; specially since I already have 1,000+ DVDs >_<.

Not to mention the angle feature in the DVDs like FUNi is always a plus<3.
 
Feb 12, 2010 12:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 2804
Please release Toradora in one complete set. I'm too poor to buy multiple discs and this is one show I must own.

BEGINNER
 
Feb 12, 2010 12:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 538
Uminokun said:
I hope they do something similar as to what Sentai and FUNimation are doing with their packaging. As much as I love DVD artwork, slim boxsets save a lot of space; specially since I already have 1,000+ DVDs >_<.

Not to mention the angle feature in the DVDs like FUNi is always a plus<3.

I agree. And complete boxsets are so much cheaper than buying 3-5 episode volumes. $21 per volume of a 4 vol set when the $45 boxset comin out in a few months? Thanks but no thanks, I might as well throw my wallet in the toilet (looking at you, Baccano!)

Pandora Hearts is an instant buy. I was planning to watch Trinity Soul, so that's another. I'm already more than half-way through Toradora so I'm not sure if I need to buy that one though, but I can already tell it's going to be a huge success with fans.

Anyone know who'll be the primary voice actors for this company? or will they have only sub-only releases? (which has been happening a lot lately and is very dissappointing imo)

I'm a bandwagon whore

Ow. My Heart. <3
 
Feb 12, 2010 1:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 64
Yammin said:
desolato said:
And again, I fail for living in an R2 region.


Me too =( But it will eventually make it to the UK and other R2 regions...right?


Yes, Japan, of course :D.
 
Feb 12, 2010 1:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 148
theawesome said:
Finally, Toradora! comes to the US I've been waiting so long...
Yeah, let's just hope they don't pick some badly placed VAs.
 
Feb 12, 2010 1:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 551
There games are pretty high quality, they can probably do some damage in the US anime industry.
 
Feb 12, 2010 1:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 551
Selkaine said:
Uminokun said:
I hope they do something similar as to what Sentai and FUNimation are doing with their packaging. As much as I love DVD artwork, slim boxsets save a lot of space; specially since I already have 1,000+ DVDs >_<.

Not to mention the angle feature in the DVDs like FUNi is always a plus<3.

I agree. And complete boxsets are so much cheaper than buying 3-5 episode volumes. $21 per volume of a 4 vol set when the $45 boxset comin out in a few months? Thanks but no thanks, I might as well throw my wallet in the toilet (looking at you, Baccano!)

Pandora Hearts is an instant buy. I was planning to watch Trinity Soul, so that's another. I'm already more than half-way through Toradora so I'm not sure if I need to buy that one though, but I can already tell it's going to be a huge success with fans.

Anyone know who'll be the primary voice actors for this company? or will they have only sub-only releases? (which has been happening a lot lately and is very dissappointing imo)


I've followed this company for their games. NISA translates JRPGs and releases them (both English and Japanese languages), so they aren't new to the realm of translating something from Japan. It should be pretty high quality voice acting, however anime and game voice acting isn't exactly the same.
 
Feb 12, 2010 1:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 342
Smart idea for bringing Toradora! :DDD
#1 YUGItard and Ryuuk's wife.

[ ] Me and Yuusei; we's like peas and carrots~ [ ]
 
Feb 12, 2010 2:03 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 14
What? Why is NISA licensing anime, especially something as popular as Toradora!?

They can't even translate games properly, now they get to ruin other media too?
 
Feb 12, 2010 2:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 124
Tyranid5 said:

however anime and game voice acting isn't exactly the same.


They do, for the most part, use the same people. Especially in Los Angeles with Bang Zoom and other California studios.
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »