Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 20, 2017 5:39 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Wow supplementary classes for a months
thats a long time

Wow so if even one person has a failing grade then the whole class has to take the class. Talk about group punishment lol

The interactions between Masamune and Tae are even more tense because of what happened last episode lol

Hmm so Kojuurou is that bad with his grades eh
To actually think that he's actually voiced by Saori Hayami though
now that was a surprise

Tae and her weird fantasies lol

But jokes aside with his grades how did Kojuurou manage to get in the school anyway. Guess it is a mystery after all

Lol Yoshino and Kojuurou are in a similar situation eh
forcing the main character and the main heroine to help them get through this

Kinda surprising actually since Yoshino looks to be the intelligent type
Lol the byplay between Aki and Masamune though
Aki being surprised that Masamune can teach someone lol

Hmm a wager eh
Lol the fact that Aki was in the same predicament with Yoshino as well though
lol Aki hasn't forgotten how Masamune fell for something so simple last episode

Wow the stakes for that wager are pretty high
lol the mc playing on Aki's overconfident nature
So a date with Aki if Masamune wins and if he loses he will have to wear his nickname until he graduates eh
sounds fair enough

Just like Aki to add in another condition though
hmm paying for her lunch eh

Though thats assuming whether Yoshino is actually helping you though
If it is then its three vs 1
if not its two vs 2

Lol Yoshino pointing out that Masamune could actually be smarter than Aki is
given that he had a perfect score in the transfer exam
guess Aki's opinion of him changed there

Wow thats a very cute guidebook that Yoshino has there about love
lol Masamune being scared about calling a girl for the first time
But i guess Yoshino calling him instead stopped that lol
lol being charised by Yoshino for taking too long to answer

So Yoshino is not helping because she has her own timing eh
wow a score of 9 on a maths test
thats the worst grade i ever seen for a long time
Plus that meeting in the hallway with Aki straight after as well
lol a quick knowlege test from Aki eh
to test his intellgence eh
seems she is starting to show interest in him then

Guess right now both are even with their plans
lol son of a bitch

But man with help from Yoshino this will a hard task for both Masamune and Kojuurou though
That scene in the rain though
looks like Aki is surprised that Masamune is so diligent and serious with teaching Kojuurou and winning the bet

A side effect of not having Yoshino help is that both Masamune and Kojuurou are able to get better results by working hard themselves
Hmm Yoshino though is such a mysterious character though

Lol the bento from Masamune's mother though is cute
hmm sabotaged by Yoshino eh
sneaky isn't she

Looks like Masamune is furious there
but lol grabbing the wrong girl by mistake
ah so it was his mothers cooking that was the source of the trouble and not Yoshino's coffee

And to think that Aki had a fever and couldn't do the test
well i guess that its a default win for Masamune then

Hmm so in the end Masamune had to take the supplementary classes then eh
But it looks like he has to do it with Aki lol
But i guess taking the class together can be considered a date lol

Hmm so in the end they did end up having to go on a date eh
but wow that outfit that Aki wore
while she does look gorgeous it does seem out of place here

lol the usually calm Aki hiding behind Masamune lol
lol i think its Aki that doesn't know the dress code
ah so Aki was following Yoshino's advice then eh
exploiting the relationship between them would be useful for Masamune

Lol Yoshino's story that convinced Aki to go on the date was so dramatic
But at least it worked lol
But i can see here that Aki while certainly arrogant and haughty is more or less a normal Tsundere

Lol Aki rented the whole cinema out for one day
Lol the dates going so well
a one seat difference eh
hmm zombie love eh lol

So Aki can't handle horror movies eh
though it wasn't really that much of one lol
but man Aki relies on Yoshino for everything

I guess that this version of Aki is different to the version that Masamune met when he was younger
lol the little girl asking the obvious question there
And Masamune's reaction to it

Aki looks cute when she's embarrassed and flustered lol
lol good thing that she was whisked away before she could explain her reasoning
lol Masamune running into the changing room to see Aki in her underwear

But Masamune and Aki are actually quite cute together
And i think both are starting to change as well

So Yoshino's reason for helping Masamune is to get Aki to reexamine her personality that would help both her and Yoshino eh

Hmm and Aki also has another maid then eh
interesting

A interesting episode
To think that Masamune challenged Aki to a wager that was used to help his friend improve his grades and still get to go on a date with Aki. It was also nice to see the relationship between Yoshino and Aki and how much Aki relies on her for advice even in romance lol. Their interactions during the date was pretty funny.

It looks like Masamune's plan is starting to unravel as the Aki now is different to how he remembers her from his past. Though still arrogant and haughty at times she can still be kind and innocent as well. I think Masamune will eventually find that he is falling for her eventually.

To think that Yoshino's plan was to change Aki's personality for the better though which will help both Aki and herself. And as ever it was also nice to see the relationship between Aki and Masamune develop.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2017 5:50 AM

May 2016
"Son of A Bitch" XD that part was amazing!

I hope the rest of the episodes could be as good as this one, if not, better.
Jan 20, 2017 6:07 AM

Nov 2011
The episode, at times, proved boring in others quite fun instead. The narrative has not raised anything new, if not a couple of twists, as with the movie, really unpredictable to some extent in his epilogue and during the test in school, where Masamune, believes Yoshino a traitor; for the rest, was a narration by canonical events. Drawings and animations, on the sufficiency wire, those of A1, they want to make as those of Studio Deen, with Konosuba?

For now, the most interesting characters, remain Yoshino...

...and Masamune's mom.

Jan 20, 2017 6:52 AM

Dec 2014
well the date went a little....but was fun nonetheless
Jan 20, 2017 6:53 AM
Apr 2015
Make Aki Great Again
Make Masamune Great Again Also
Jan 20, 2017 7:00 AM
Oct 2007
I was thinking of dropping the show but this episode helped convince me to keep watching!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2017 7:03 AM

Sep 2013
That "son of a bitch" hahahaha. I would want to see that question in my exam paper haha.

So Koiwai doesn't really hate Aki. Cool :)

and finally....

Aki-samaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa <3
Erika___Jan 20, 2017 7:45 AM
Jan 20, 2017 8:01 AM

Oct 2015
Well Makabe getting KO so easily was a little bit disappointing. Aki went a little dere dere there.
Jan 20, 2017 9:33 AM

Jul 2014
UrbanJahts said:
Did anyone else predict they would both end up in the classes. As soon as the challenge was brought up I knew it was going to happen. Either way, the episode was fun.

And no matter how innocent or inexperience someone is how could you think cosplay is a rule for a first date. Idk. But was that a reference to real anime or just a made up one??!
Real one. She is cosplaying as Cure White from Futari wa PreCure.
Jan 20, 2017 10:08 AM

Sep 2013
Feelings are starting to rear its head. Masamune still is very conscious of people's stare due to him being constantly reminded of being shunned/bullied if not for his looks.The calm before some shit starts flying.
Jan 20, 2017 11:37 AM
Aug 2015
10/10 of enjoyment i had watching this episode, feelsgood
Jan 20, 2017 12:55 PM

Oct 2013
Lol what??? He was a guy? Anyways, I didn't really care that much.

And I think the development in this episode was okay. At least we get a view of Masamune's complex feelings towards Aki. After all, Aki was strong and kind which Masamune originally fell for. I'm definitely assuming there was some incident that caused Aki to change her personality and become more of a brat. We shall see
Jan 20, 2017 5:08 PM

Sep 2016
Can someone explain me why yoshino helps makabe? I know she doesnt really intend to hurt aki but still I didnt understand the reason from the way she explained it.
Jan 20, 2017 5:40 PM

Jan 2016
KawaiiCandy said:
Can someone explain me why yoshino helps makabe? I know she doesnt really intend to hurt aki but still I didnt understand the reason from the way she explained it.

The gist of is this: She wants (or at least claims to want) Masamune to knock Aki down a peg or three so that she'll be nicer to everyone around her. This is anime, so it really may be that stupid of a reason, but I'm thinking there's more to Yoshino's plotting. Those dead, dead eyes tell me that she's in this for the sake of something more sinister.
Jan 20, 2017 6:12 PM

May 2016
Reichter said:
KawaiiCandy said:

The gist of is this: She wants (or at least claims to want) Masamune to knock Aki down a peg or three so that she'll be nicer to everyone around her. This is anime, so it really may be that stupid of a reason, but I'm thinking there's more to Yoshino's plotting. Those dead, dead eyes tell me that she's in this for the sake of something more sinister.

haha thought about this what a damn stupid reason, must be more behind it
Corazon22Jan 20, 2017 6:19 PM
Jan 20, 2017 6:37 PM
Jul 2018
4 chapters in 3 episodes.
in the op where he's about to kiss shows a spoiler from chapter 27, so let's hope this is gonna be 15-24 episodes and covers the whole about to end manga up, the manga is expected to have around 1-5 chapters left unless they want to clannad after story this shit.
Jan 20, 2017 7:17 PM

Oct 2013
Already falling for her huh? There probably won't be anything left of his "revenge" in a few more eps at this rate.

To top it all off, so much for Yoshino actually wanting to get back on Aki(and by all rights,Aki deserves it) ~ nope, it's for her sake. Seeing Yoshino's wishing to get back at her "master" in ep2 gave me some too much hope for this anime but nevermind, expectations toned down now, so I'll prolly enjoy it for what it is.
Jan 20, 2017 8:12 PM

Oct 2014
Weak episode. I have high expectation of this anime coz it's pretty popular but I think it's going down to become a average romcom school anime.
Jan 20, 2017 9:57 PM

Oct 2011
OMG great episode
That date <333
CURE WHITE AHHHHH
OMG what a zombie movie lol
Jan 20, 2017 10:08 PM

Feb 2016
Fairly predictable, but very enjoyable.

They're delivering on the humour in some pretty creative ways and I'm starting to really warm up to these characters. Of course, leads are still both terrible people.

It seems like a bit of a strange character trait to be so gullible for Aki, but I can see why it is included. Obviously, she's just as socially awkward as Masamune while she pretends to be on top of the world. We get to see past that barrier, though I wish they held back a few more episodes and really solidified her as an ice-cold queen of heartbreak. Then it would be much more impactful to see past her "mask."

Yoshino seems dull. She is given mysterious and complex motivations, but her disposition is very lacklustre. It looks like she is set up to be feared, but it just doesn't come across very well.

Also, love Kojuurou, but the loli mom stuff is really creeping me out.

Jan 20, 2017 10:31 PM
Jan 2017
KawaiiCandy said:

I can explain it to you
Jan 21, 2017 2:20 AM
Jul 2018
"Sonuvabitch." -- Masamune Makabe, 2017

Adagaki dressed as the gal from Futari wa PreCure... Nailed it.

Trap Kojurou

Koiwai with that evil grin

dat movie wtfh nice genre lol

loli mom? rly?

In summary, nice ep. Nice and cute date for Makabe and Adagaki... 8/10
Jan 21, 2017 2:43 AM

Sep 2013
I'm really loving this show. The competition ended in a draw but Masamune got his date anyways. Aki is just so fucking adorable, definitely my favorite girl in this series, though Yoshino is pretty damn close.

That date was cute too, though I felt a lot of cringe during the dinner part. It's not a bad cringe at least, I just didn't like to see how badly Aki was embarrassing herself but at least it lead to Masamune to being honest with her.

4/5- This episode was fun! I really enjoy this series thus far and is probably my favorite one of this season's line up, though it's tough to decide with Konosuba and Little Witch Academia. Glad to see a little more of Kojuurou but hate that I have to question my sexuality.

Also, what in the fuck is up with that zombie movie?

Jan 21, 2017 8:28 AM

Sep 2016
Unknown7699 said:
KawaiiCandy said:

I can explain it to you
why did u spoil me so badly? hahaaha thnx anyways <3
Jan 21, 2017 9:02 AM

Jul 2015
Pretty intense battle with characters I didn't know were apparently total idiots when it comes to actual school work. Magical girl costumes and the power of money combine to make an interesting first date between our main two characters. And that was one really weird movie. Good episode, and feelings are starting to develop.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jan 21, 2017 11:58 AM
Mar 2016

Lol, nice way for her to be embarrassed without her knowing it
Jan 21, 2017 12:05 PM

May 2015
HHhahaha, that "son of a bitch" answer. :D

+ for " 3D girls are lame". :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 21, 2017 12:26 PM

Jan 2013
Solid episode all around. The date was perfectly ordinary.
Jan 21, 2017 1:15 PM

Aug 2016
So cute! That date was baaaad though.
Jan 21, 2017 1:29 PM

Jun 2016
Great episode, really liking this series
Jan 21, 2017 2:04 PM

Feb 2015
Enjoyable episode and that relation is going very fast, at this pace both of them are gonna fall in love at episode 6 jajaja. For a moment I thought that Koiwai's original plan is to get both fall in love.
Jan 21, 2017 2:24 PM

May 2008
HAHAHA WHAT THE HELL.

I'm all for BL but I think yaoi zombies is taking it a bit far XDDD My sides hurt from laughing.

Jan 21, 2017 5:16 PM
Feb 2014
"tch, 3D girls are so lame."

Me.
Jan 21, 2017 5:41 PM

Jul 2014
"Son of a bitch" lol Makabe XD

Aki looks cute in that date tho..
The zombie movie is extremely disturbing, I feel you, Aki.
Jan 22, 2017 3:37 AM
Dec 2014
Only if they told how did she actually get sick.
Jan 22, 2017 3:58 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Larryg said:
Like how the order of events in this episode were flipped from the manga. Had a better flow in my opinion. Master Yoshino is quite the organizer.

But the movie they saw, was that zombie sex or what?

Yeah they skipped a bit with that, but it makes more sense than in the manga where they have 2 dates.
Jan 22, 2017 6:02 AM
Mar 2012
lol BL zombies so weird... well horror is popular for dates but Koiwai trolling much.
Trap got smarter & teddybear backpack so cute.
Koiwai yandere faced cinderella becomes fairy godmother. Finally motive revealed quite dedicated. She wants both Adagaki to gain a more modest personality & make Koiwai's life easier. Seems this'll also improve Masamune in some way.
Whole date was awesome, exploring embarrassment & how to break it to one with too much ego.
"Koiwai shishio!"
Jan 22, 2017 6:26 AM

Oct 2015
Adagaki is surprisingly innocent outside of rejecting people. Makabe getting KO that easily was funny to watch.
Jan 22, 2017 8:55 AM

Mar 2013
Eh it was bit weird episode in first half.
Like why were the girls running in rain just only to spot the boys in cafe studying or how Masamune failed the test. He was still in class so I thought he took the test and Yoshino was just fabricating the story.

Overall, it was kinda annoying watch for me tbh.
Jan 22, 2017 3:55 PM

Apr 2015
Pretty Amazing Episode.....I Cant Wait To See More :)
Jan 22, 2017 4:32 PM
Dec 2014
FinalFlash18 said:
Eh it was bit weird episode in first half.
Like why were the girls running in rain just only to spot the boys in cafe studying or how Masamune failed the test. He was still in class so I thought he took the test and Yoshino was just fabricating the story.

Overall, it was kinda annoying watch for me tbh.

It wasn't raining at first. I think they got caught in the rain while they were outside that's why they are running with no umbrellas and stuff.
Jan 22, 2017 10:36 PM

Feb 2016
rizuxizu said:
Adagaki is surprisingly innocent outside of rejecting people. Makabe getting KO that easily was funny to watch.

Yeah, I don't know how to feel about that.

Reminds me of Andrew Garfield's take one Peter Parker. Are we really supposed to believe that the most attractive person in school is socially awkward? Really? It's very hard to see how someone who is the envy of the whole school, and is seemingly a master of heartbreak, is awkward in normal social interaction.

It sets up for humour, but I'm not sure how plausible this kind of person is.

Jan 23, 2017 7:26 PM
Jul 2015
Masamune-kun No Revenge will have 12 episodes, according to Anidb. Is there a way to edit it in MyAnimeList so that it shows this instead of ? in episode number ?
Jan 23, 2017 8:47 PM

Jan 2017
SaucyShamrock said:
rizuxizu said:

Reminds me of Andrew Garfield's take one Peter Parker. Are we really supposed to believe that the most attractive person in school is socially awkward? Really? It's very hard to see how someone who is the envy of the whole school, and is seemingly a master of heartbreak, is awkward in normal social interaction.

Maybe it has something to do with whatever incident Aki started talking about during their date? I know they were talking about her dietary issues, but there could be a connection. Maybe after that event, something happened that caused her to withdraw from everyone around her for years. Maybe she transfered schools for similar reasons to Makabe?
Jan 23, 2017 10:36 PM

Feb 2016
Dimondheart said:
SaucyShamrock said:

Maybe it has something to do with whatever incident Aki started talking about during their date? I know they were talking about her dietary issues, but there could be a connection. Maybe after that event, something happened that caused her to withdraw from everyone around her for years. Maybe she transfered schools for similar reasons to Makabe?

It's possible. Surely, the sudden high metabolism has to mean something. Though it seems she was a cruel person as a child too.

Right now, she seems like someone who is scared to appear vulnerable. She rejects people because she fears getting hurt, so instead, she hurts them first. Masamune has an "in" through partial blackmail and intrigue.

There has to be something to this incident and I bet it's tied to Yoshino. She mentioned her motivation for helping Masamune, but I can't remember the exact reasoning. Something about getting her to become more down-to-earth by getting rejected or something along the line.

Jan 24, 2017 11:31 AM

Dec 2012
It was a stupid, but funny date :). WTF was this movie
It's pretty sure that Masamune will fall for Aki
Jan 24, 2017 12:27 PM

Jan 2017
Sakaitsu said:

Yah it is, but it's still fun to see how it plays out, IMO
Jan 24, 2017 1:15 PM

Dec 2012
Dimondheart said:
Sakaitsu said:

Yah it is, but it's still fun to see how it plays out, IMO

Yes, I agree.
And when he slept on his knees, she was so cute. How can he don't fall for her? ^^
Jan 24, 2017 11:44 PM

Sep 2015
Maybe it's just me that there are some Working!! references such as Aki's scream and facepunch just like Inami's and the maid's figure and posture are similar to Kyouko-san's.
Truth is absolute but human perception of truth is always relative.
Jan 25, 2017 5:00 AM

Mar 2015
That was so weird. So Cinderella have more control over the Cruel Princess? This world is weird man.

The son of a bitch part was cool, but not as Okabe mad scientist cool.

Also, I still refuse that trap is a boy.

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

218 by Lkunnnss »»
Apr 22, 2:50 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

371 by Fleicher »»
Apr 18, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

145 by Cheese_Enjoyer07 »»
Jan 2, 5:02 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

235 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 27, 2023 2:15 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

230 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 20, 2023 4:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.