Forum Settings
Forums
Horimiya
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 18, 2017 11:23 AM

Oct 2016
About the future of this manga.

The webcomic is its source material and apparently after the Miyamura proposes to Hori it sorta stops being their story and becomes more about the side characters. I mean it's good to have chapters covering those side characters, but I would hate if it stopped covering Hori and Miyamura.

It also becomes more of a gag story than anything else. This manga has some great humor, but it also knows how to be serious. (actually apparently the webcomic is darker)

Now obviously that while it will take stuff from the webcomic, I hope it keeps its focus on them because that's what I was reading it for. I mean it's called "HORIMIYA" and if they aren't in it anymore, then I might just drop it even though I do enjoy all the other characters.
JakJan 19, 2017 8:03 AM
Jan 19, 2017 4:10 AM

Mar 2014
That won't happen. Side character focus is inevitable and necessary, but it won't stop covering hori and miyamura.
I'm looking forward to where it will go, graduation is pretty close.
Jan 19, 2017 5:59 AM

Nov 2016
you're definitely right, someone said the something on reddit. The focus of the manga will slowly shift from hori and miyamura to the others then they pretty much disappear later on and the story becomes just about gags....gags without any continuity.
However I've also read that this shift occurs right after hori and miyamura get married, maybe some saw the engagement as a marriage?
I actually browsed through some of the (very) later chapters of webcomics on the mangaka's website and didn't recognize the story and characters, I wanted to confirm it on my own you and the guy on reddit were right. I honestly think the shift of focus has already began.

The artist and mangaka of horimiya seems to be following the original webcomics frame by frame except for maybe that very dark/kinky sex scene lol and pretty much every dark aspect of the original, most people don't realize how dark the original is

Oh if you're wondering what I meant by kinky sex scene
vanillaskynetJan 19, 2017 10:20 AM
Jan 19, 2017 7:58 AM

Oct 2016
vanillaskynet said:
you're definitely right, someone said the something on reddit. The focus of the manga will slowly shift from hori and miyamura to the others then they pretty much disappear later on and the story become just about gags....gags without any continuity.
However I've also read that this shift happens after hori and miyamura get married, maybe some saw the engagement as a marriage?
I actually browsed through some of the (very) later chapters of webcomics on the mangaka's website and didn't recognize the story and characters, I wanted to confirm it on my own you and the guy on reddit were right. I honestly think the shift of focus has already began.

The artist and mangaka of horimiya seems to be following the original webcomics frame by frame except for maybe that very dark/kinky sex scene lol and pretty much every dark aspect of the original, most people don't realize how dark the original is

Oh if you're wondering what I meant by kinky sex scene

Wow about that spoiler.

Though I think many will be incredibly disappointed if it goes that way. You say there's an actual marriage, maybe the manga will end then. I don't see it lasting longer. A webcomic is one thing, but I don't see people keeping up with this if it completely changes.
Jan 24, 2017 7:15 PM

Mar 2015
the drama side of this series is something that i despise the most... i like it when it keep being gag series...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 30, 2017 8:02 AM
Apr 2012
From the last few chapters it does feel like the focus is changing a bit.

Honestly I don't mind though, all the characters in this are great and look like they will have interesting stories. I'd rather have things change than milk them to death.
Feb 8, 2017 12:03 PM

Nov 2016
Oh btw I have some (new) news about this topic! @jak123 and everyone else

Hagiwara Daisuke (The mangaka/artist of Horimiya) apparently took all of this in consideration when he began working on the series. He decided to include/work in the later gag chapters into the ongoing/progressing story because in the original webcomics by HERO, Daisuke(or anyone who read the webcomics) noticed that the gag chapters had some connection to the main story and did show some progression to the main story. The gag chapters at first seemed independent and inconsistent but most of them were actually referring or took place at different points or in between the ongoing plot driven chapters. As we know the gag chapters come very later on on the original webcomics (we shouldn't forgot that the webcomics were 4-koma style that's why the gag chapters worked/seemed normal) but even though the gag chapters had their own plots they can be seen as side stories that were going on or happening during the earlier main chapters of the story/webcomics so all Diasuke had to do and is already doing is to include them into the main (ongoing) story in Horimiya(so they're not side stories anymore but are just funny parts of the story we're already reading) so in that sense we're already reading those gag chapters lol.

After learning about this lots of things started to make sense, I bet you'll noticed some weird inconsistencies in the story like the funny chapter where miyamura mistakenly hits hori's chest/breast with his elbows but thought he hit her ribs and apologized for hitting her ribs and hori became self conscious about breast sizes(well the whole chapter become about cup/breast sizes, with the girls and boys having their own separate conversations on the matter) this chapter is an example of a gag chapter that fits into the ongoing story but there's something off about it that I remember lots of readers pointed out, miyamura acted like he hadn't seen hori's chest/breast before and when he was asked about it he denied it but we all know they had sex some chapters before that where hori visibly had no shirt on, so why is miyamura denying seeing hori's chest later before? The weird part wasn't just the fact that he denied it, he didn't seem to have a clue how big or small it was when he wanted to defend Hori some readers thought maybe he was lying (a very good liar) or the mangaka made a mistake but it's a bit of the latter, HERO wrote that chapter as a gag chapter so there was no need for it to be consistent with an already known fact just like most 4-koma style manga, but Daisuke has to leave it as it is because really who cares right?, that chapter was light hearted and a gag and does not affect the story at all because since its a gag it is not referred to again. I bet it's going to be a bit difficult to fit all the gag chapters into the ongoing story because with some of them it isn't as obvious to tell which earlier part of the story it is referencing or when it took place. HERO also takes liberty with some of gags and makes them longer so Daisuke makes them to long funny chapters(which we see lots of now, like the chapter where they sleep over at the Prez's house. So I hope now you can tell when a chapter is a gag chapter or not or reread the older gag chapters. Unfortunately or fortunately(for those who like the gag/funny/light hearted chapters) this means we will be seeing a lot more of the gag chapters since there were more of them in the webcomics(lots of them!)

The great thing about Daisuke's decision is that it's what made Horimaya into a hit and a successful manga out of the pool of romance manga being released in Japan. Imagine if Daisuke redid/drew everything according to tge webcomics and did the gag chapters later, the series would have definitely been different especially if he included every dark and mature elements of the webcomics. Horimaya's ability to mix comedy and romance well is what we like most about it and Daisuke's decision to slip in just a bit of the mature elements was wise as well

Wow I didn't realize how long this comment was, my job can be very boring at times lol at least I can read manga at work ;)
Feb 8, 2017 12:06 PM

Oct 2016
vanillaskynet said:

Hagiwara Daisuke (The mangaka/artist of Horimiya) apparently took all of this in consideration when he began working on the series. He decided to include/work in the later gag chapters into the ongoing/progressing story because in the original webcomics by HERO, Daisuke(or anyone who read the webcomics) noticed that the gag chapters had some connection to the main story and did show some progression to the main story. The gag chapters at first seemed independent and inconsistent but most of them were actually referring or took place at different points or in between the ongoing plot driven chapters. As we know the gag chapters come very later on on the original webcomics (we shouldn't forgot that the webcomics were 4-koma style that's why the gag chapters worked/seemed normal) but even though the gag chapters had their own plots they can be seen as side stories that were going on or happening during the earlier main chapters of the story/webcomics so all Diasuke had to do and is already doing is to include them into the main (ongoing) story in Horimiya(so they're not side stories anymore but are just funny parts of the story we're already reading) so in that sense we're already reading those gag chapters lol.

After learning about this lots of things started to make sense, I bet you'll noticed some weird inconsistencies in the story like the funny chapter where miyamura mistakenly hits hori's chest/breast with his elbows but thought he hit her ribs and apologized for hitting her ribs and hori became self conscious about breast sizes(well the whole chapter become about cup/breast sizes, with the girls and boys having their own separate conversations on the matter) this chapter is an example of a gag chapter that fits into the ongoing story but there's something off about it that I remember lots of readers pointed out, miyamura acted like he hadn't seen hori's chest/breast before and when he was asked about it he denied it but we all know they had sex some chapters before that where hori visibly had no shirt on, so why is miyamura denying seeing hori's chest later before? The weird part wasn't just the fact that he denied it, he didn't seem to have a clue how big or small it was when he wanted to defend Hori some readers thought maybe he was lying (a very good liar) or the mangaka made a mistake but it's a bit of the latter, HERO wrote that chapter as a gag chapter so there was no need for it to be consistent with an already known fact just like most 4-koma style manga, but Daisuke has to leave it as it is because really who cares right?, that chapter was light hearted and a gag and does not affect the story at all because since its a gag it is not referred to again. I bet it's going to be a bit difficult to fit all the gag chapters into the ongoing story because with some of them it isn't as obvious to tell which earlier part of the story it is referencing or when it took place. HERO also takes liberty with some of gags and makes them longer so Daisuke makes them to long funny chapters(which we see lots of now, like the chapter where they sleep over at the Prez's house. So I hope now you can tell when a chapter is a gag chapter or not or reread the older gag chapters. Unfortunately or fortunately(for those who like the gag/funny/light hearted chapters) this means we will be seeing a lot more of the gag chapters since there were more of them in the webcomics(lots of them!)

The great thing about Daisuke's decision is that it's what made Horimaya into a hit and a successful manga out of the pool of romance manga being released in Japan. Imagine if Daisuke redid/drew everything according to tge webcomics and did the gag chapters later, the series would have definitely been different especially if he included every dark and mature elements of the webcomics. Horimaya's ability to mix comedy and romance well is what we like most about it and Daisuke's decision to slip in just a bit of the mature elements was wise as well

Wow I didn't realize how long this comment was, my job can be very boring at times lol at least I can read manga at work ;)
But does that mean it will continue being about Hori and Miyamura?
Feb 8, 2017 12:16 PM

Nov 2016
jak123 said:
vanillaskynet said:

Yes and no, the good thing is it will still be about and include Hori and Miyamura till the end but there will be some chapters(a lot more at this point in the story) that won't really be about them or show any progression in their relationship. What Daisuke is trying to do it to divide up the attention paid to gag vs main story, but there is a lot more gag(some which includes Hori and Miyamura so that's a plus)
Feb 8, 2017 12:19 PM

Oct 2016
vanillaskynet said:
jak123 said:

Yes and no, the good thing is it will still be about and include Hori and Miyamura till the end but there will be some chapters(a lot more at this point in the story) that won't really be about them or show any progression in their relationship. What Daisuke is trying to do it to divide up the attention paid to gag vs main story, but there is a lot more gag(some which includes Hori and Miyamura so that's a plus)
Well as long as it keeps focus on them, I'm totally fine with some chapters not being about them. I mean, we have other couples (Yuki/Tooru & Sengoku/Remi) and characters that need development as well. All I know is I better get to see a wedding or them married. Just sayin'.
Feb 8, 2017 12:19 PM

Feb 2017
@vanillaskynet where i can read this?
Me serve, vadia, me serve!
Feb 8, 2017 12:25 PM

Nov 2016
Lacie_Madness said:

What do you mean, read what?
Where to read the original webcomics? Or where I heard the "news" from?
Feb 8, 2017 12:26 PM

Feb 2017
vanillaskynet said:
Lacie_Madness said:

The webtoon please :D
Feb 8, 2017 4:27 PM

Nov 2016
Lacie_Madness said:
vanillaskynet said:

Hey sorry I didn't get back to you sooner but the original webcomic is up on the original mangaka HERO's website ( http://dka-hero.com/top.html ) it's on the left side of the webpage under comics and it's free for you to view/read. Now the issue is it's in Japanese and I don't know if you can read Japanese or not but if you can go ahead but if you can't you can still look the pages if you don't care about the art style. Unfortunately when it comes to translations, I've seen a few English translations of some chapters around the web but I don't think anyone or group is actively translating the whole webcomics so you'd probably not be able to find any translation to keep up with it especially since horimiya is doing so well and it's been translated
vanillaskynetFeb 8, 2017 5:11 PM
Feb 9, 2017 1:00 AM

Feb 2017
vanillaskynet said:
Lacie_Madness said:

Hey sorry I didn't get back to you sooner but the original webcomic is up on the original mangaka HERO's website ( http://dka-hero.com/top.html ) it's on the left side of the webpage under comics and it's free for you to view/read. Now the issue is it's in Japanese and I don't know if you can read Japanese or not but if you can go ahead but if you can't you can still look the pages if you don't care about the art style. Unfortunately when it comes to translations, I've seen a few English translations of some chapters around the web but I don't think anyone or group is actively translating the whole webcomics so you'd probably not be able to find any translation to keep up with it especially since horimiya is doing so well and it's been translated

Thnks :DDD I'll search a translate :D
Mar 26, 2017 6:40 PM
Aug 2016
urg, i want to read the web comic it more darker not so cheerful like horimiya. but i forget everything about japanese writing, any info how to fast translate that web comic? or group that translating it (even only translating it not putting it in the picture, only text in notepad or word or pdf lol) T_T
Feb 5, 2021 6:51 AM
Mar 2016
guys, r u still alive?
Feb 6, 2021 4:58 PM
Aug 2019
I want to love this manga. I want the fluff of Hori and Miyamura.. but yeah I stopped at chap 63 cause I feel they (their relationship)are going too fast and at the same time the chapters and waiting for it monthly makes it drag. Soo I am just hoping for a redeeming chapter for me to read again.
Attack on Titan Chapter 139 is a slap to the face.
Feb 17, 2021 9:50 PM

Mar 2014
AnimeSoap said:
That won't happen. Side character focus is inevitable and necessary, but it won't stop covering hori and miyamura.
I'm looking forward to where it will go, graduation is pretty close.

and it stayed the same for the next 4 years holy shit

More topics from this board

» Horimiya chapter amount

Volctra - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Volctra »»
Dec 15, 2023 5:52 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Chapter 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2013

22 by DENISE_DARDEN »»
Nov 29, 2023 2:01 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Chapter 44 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2014

22 by Vhailor »»
Sep 29, 2023 2:16 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Chapter 41 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2014

16 by Vhailor »»
Sep 29, 2023 9:41 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Chapter 2 Discussion

Insidious - Sep 13, 2012

23 by OnigirisBasket »»
Sep 25, 2023 5:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.