Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 17, 2017 2:35 PM

Jan 2014
Hi there! I just recently started posting on the forums and am looking to meet some chill people. c:
The reason I started posting was to get some feedback from avid anime watchers on what they think of my first ever anime youtube video. Haha. I don't know many anime watchers offline so I thought I could maybe meet friends here and hopefully get the chance to hear what they have to say. c:

If you're a video maker too I'd love for you to dispense your wisdom, sensei!

My first video! www.youtube.com/watch?v=i09A1Kjr9CA
My channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UCnRhMXnRYF3xets0J5VN_0w

Big general hiiiii to everyone though. c: Hope y'all are having a great day.
Hi, it's nice to meet you. c:
Youtube: HowDoIrene
Newest video: Top 5 Romance Anime!
Jan 17, 2017 2:44 PM

May 2015
Yo, Ani! Nice to see you on the forums!

Now I would critique your video, but I'm at work at the moment and got no sound to work with. However, after watching it, I'll leave you a comment to see what I think. The only advice I can give you for now is: Don't be shy, don't stutter, know your grammar, and remember to be yourself. Also...hair flipping is cute, but I think you're doing it a little too much...Relax!
Jan 17, 2017 2:49 PM

Jan 2014
Tarotist said:
Yo, Ani! Nice to see you on the forums!

Now I would critique your video, but I'm at work at the moment and got no sound to work with. However, after watching it, I'll leave you a comment to see what I think. The only advice I can give you for now is: Don't be shy, don't stutter, know your grammar, and remember to be yourself. Also...hair flipping is cute, but I think you're doing it a little too much...Relax!

Oh my goodness! Thank you so much for the tips.
I honestly think the second the camera turned on half my brain cells just dove out my ears.
I'm hoping to improve how I speak and how I carry myself over time. I'd also like to learn how to be less nervous!

Do you make videos yourself? If so do you have any advice on how I can overcome these obstacles?
Jan 17, 2017 4:20 PM

Nov 2013
hello there

do your next video drunk and then were talking
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jan 17, 2017 4:30 PM

Aug 2016
Welcome to MAL Forums

Set by SenpieX
Jan 17, 2017 4:43 PM
Community Mod
ウェルカムチーム™

Feb 2014
Hey, welcome to the forums

GUIDELINES/FAQ
AD/MD RULES
CD RULES
CE RULES
STAFF
SET BY SENPIEX
Jan 17, 2017 5:15 PM

Aug 2016
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

lmao i have no idea why I did that but welcome to MAL xD
Jan 17, 2017 7:05 PM

Oct 2013
Hello there, anidrunk. Nice of you to share your video on the forums.

I'm not sure I'm a right person to critique your video, since I don't make videos but I do watch some, so the thing I would say to work on is on the lighting. I notice your shadow in the background and would think someone would be walking in front or a side from you. I would get distracted with that, I guess I get distracted easily (maybe ADD) haha. That's just my perspective.

Also I do agree with what Tarotist said about hair flipping, I did find it was too much flipping (maybe nervousness) but at the same time that can be use to your advantage since it is a cute tactic and boys fall easily to cuteness. Also I notice you kept looking away/down maybe at your phone or notes, if there's a way from you to look at the camera that would be a plus. I'm sure the looking away apart is from being nervous, understandably because is your first video. That's what I have to say.

I did found a lot of positives, especially since this is your first video.

- You have a great camera. Good quality is a plus.
- You have a nice voice. Not to loud or too low. You're very clear.
- You showed your personally right of the bat by being honest. Not annoying. Huge plus there.
- And those editing skills with pink wording are a huge plus to the viewer. Like when you were explaining Non Non Biyori, really helps out the viewer knowing. A+

For this being your first video I will say it was a success. Now I would like to say to just keep being you when making videos. Be confidence! of what you're talking about. Confidence is key! and ignore the negative comments you will get. There's always those people that likes to spread negatively. Don't listen to them.

Ok, I think that's what I have to say. I'm sure your video's will get better and better. I wish you and your channel best of luck... Oh yea, I would like to see you do reviews of your TOP 5 ANIME you watched this winter.

PS- Have a great day.
Jan 17, 2017 7:16 PM

Jun 2016
Hey, welcome to MAL! Feel free to add me.
Jan 18, 2017 3:43 AM

Jul 2016
Hello and welcome to the mal community! I hope you enjoy your stay and follow the rules! I look forward to seeing you around ✌✌ Site & Forum Guidelines - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=516059
Jan 18, 2017 8:22 AM

Jan 2014
Sad said:
hello there

do your next video drunk and then were talking

you could be joking, but that was an idea I was toying with.
It'll probably decrease my nerves.
Jan 18, 2017 8:22 AM

Jan 2014
Sazerlim said:
Welcome to MAL Forums

Hi! Thank you for the welcome! c:
Jan 18, 2017 8:23 AM

Jan 2014
cav said:
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

lmao i have no idea why I did that but welcome to MAL xD

Haha. Oh my gosh. Hiiii!!!
Jan 18, 2017 8:26 AM

Jan 2014
Noain said:

I'm not sure I'm a right person to critique your video, since I don't make videos but I do watch some, so the thing I would say to work on is on the lighting. I notice your shadow in the background and would think someone would be walking in front or a side from you. I would get distracted with that, I guess I get distracted easily (maybe ADD) haha. That's just my perspective.

Also I do agree with what Tarotist said about hair flipping, I did find it was too much flipping (maybe nervousness) but at the same time that can be use to your advantage since it is a cute tactic and boys fall easily to cuteness. Also I notice you kept looking away/down maybe at your phone or notes, if there's a way from you to look at the camera that would be a plus. I'm sure the looking away apart is from being nervous, understandably because is your first video. That's what I have to say.

- You showed your personally right of the bat by being honest. Not annoying. Huge plus there.
- And those editing skills with pink wording are a huge plus to the viewer. Like when you were explaining Non Non Biyori, really helps out the viewer knowing. A+

For this being your first video I will say it was a success. Now I would like to say to just keep being you when making videos. Be confidence! of what you're talking about. Confidence is key! and ignore the negative comments you will get. There's always those people that likes to spread negatively. Don't listen to them.

Ok, I think that's what I have to say. I'm sure your video's will get better and better. I wish you and your channel best of luck... Oh yea, I would like to see you do reviews of your TOP 5 ANIME you watched this winter.

PS- Have a great day.

Oh wow! Thank you for the thoughtful comment!
I think thats a very good tip about the shadows! I unfortunately don't have a great lighting situation but I'll take more care to either edit it out or maybe schedule filming on days with lots of sunshine.
Thank you also for the pep talk about sticking with it regardless of the negativity. Luckily I'm still small enough that nothing has come my way yet but I'll remember this from when it does happen. c:
Jan 18, 2017 8:32 AM

Jan 2017
Welcome here have a good time
Jan 18, 2017 9:04 AM

Jan 2016
Hahaha nice first video!
I love the way you don't give a shit about being filmed (that's my impression)
Good luck for the future, I'm sure you will find your public! ^^
Jan 18, 2017 1:30 PM

Aug 2013
Welcome in MAL, I hope you enjoy here
Jan 18, 2017 2:20 PM

Jul 2014
Welcome to the forums! Enjoy your stay.

Jan 18, 2017 3:44 PM

Jan 2014
Boyscout31 said:
Hahaha nice first video!
I love the way you don't give a shit about being filmed (that's my impression)
Good luck for the future, I'm sure you will find your public! ^^

Oh my goodness. I'm very glad that was your impression because I actually felt very nervous and a little uncomfortable when filming!
Thanks, man. c:
Jan 18, 2017 7:38 PM

Oct 2013
anidrunk said:
Noain said:

PS- Have a great day.

I think thats a very good tip about the shadows! I unfortunately don't have a great lighting situation but I'll take more care to either edit it out or maybe schedule filming on days with lots of sunshine.
Thank you also for the pep talk about sticking with it regardless of the negativity. Luckily I'm still small enough that nothing has come my way yet but I'll remember this from when it does happen. c:

You're welcome.
That's actually a good idea. I have also heard from other youtubers that they will get a translucent umbrella and put it on the lighting, and it helps with widening the lighting. I would imagine that would help, because who likes editing videos for more hours when you can watch anime instead. Haha.
That's good about no negativity hope it continues that way. Also I hope you don't mind, but I subscribed to your channel I''l show support.
Jan 18, 2017 7:57 PM

Jan 2014
Noain said:
anidrunk said:

You're welcome.
That's actually a good idea. I have also heard from other youtubers that they will get a translucent umbrella and put it on the lighting, and it helps with widening the lighting. I would imagine that would help, because who likes editing videos for more hours when you can watch anime instead. Haha.
That's good about no negativity hope it continues that way. Also I hope you don't mind, but I subscribed to your channel I''l show support.

Oh yeah! I've seen youtubers use umbrellas as a part of their lighting set up.
I think for now I'll try the natural lighting solution, but as I get more settled with the content of my videos I can work towards investing maybe a little money into improving video and audio quality over time.
And thank you for the sub! That really means a lot to me!
Jan 18, 2017 8:50 PM

Oct 2013
anidrunk said:
Noain said:

You're welcome.

Oh yeah! I've seen youtubers use umbrellas as a part of their lighting set up.
I think for now I'll try the natural lighting solution, but as I get more settled with the content of my videos I can work towards investing maybe a little money into improving video and audio quality over time.
And thank you for the sub! That really means a lot to me!

Yeah, grow little by little.
No problem. Do you have an idea for your next video? I would like to get the inside scoop! Haha.
Jan 18, 2017 9:05 PM
Jun 2015
Welcome to the forums~ Hope you'll enjoy it here ^^

Jan 19, 2017 1:00 AM

Jul 2014
Hey there and welcome to the MAL forums~ ( ̄ω ̄)/
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Jan 19, 2017 6:39 AM

Jan 2014
Noain said:

Yeah, grow little by little.
No problem. Do you have an idea for your next video? I would like to get the inside scoop! Haha.

I'm thinking of doing a first impressions/reaction video of one of the new animes coming out this season so more in depth than my first video but not as in depth as a full review (haha, I want to build my way up to that). I'm personally maybe thinking little witch academia or masamune-kun no revenge??
Jan 20, 2017 5:34 AM

Nov 2015
Hi and Welcome to the MAL Forums

If you ever want to talk about anything, I'm online most of the time, and I like conversing with people.
Feel free to add me if you want.

Yamato
[I like anything, so long as it's interesting.
“Shallow and wide, please” is my motto.]
Jan 20, 2017 7:51 AM

Jan 2014
PrimeStormer said:
Hi and Welcome to the MAL Forums

If you ever want to talk about anything, I'm online most of the time, and I like conversing with people.
Feel free to add me if you want.

Hi PrimeStormer! Thanks for the offer. I'm going to take you up on that. c:

More topics from this board

» Hello everyone!

Palash_6 - Yesterday

28 by Palash_6 »»
8 minutes ago

» introduce my activity

loligoth666 - Apr 22

10 by loligoth666 »»
16 minutes ago

» Hi everyone

fdasfdsadsa - Apr 23

5 by YanYan »»
34 minutes ago

» no longer lurking, always happy to befriend somebody!

not-perfect - Apr 23

12 by YanYan »»
34 minutes ago

» Hello

fdasfdsadsa - Yesterday

4 by YanYan »»
35 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.