Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 15, 2017 5:25 PM

Jun 2011
I saw the first episode and it made me really angry. The main character was always angry throughout, curses, and has a penchant for violence and I don't know if the rest of the series will be like this or would she get better.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Feb 16, 2020 9:19 AM

Jun 2011
FoxSpiritShrine said:
Not so much for the OP seeing how this is a very old post, but for others having doubts about the series:

Lina (Slayers MC) has indeed some bad habits, but she's very just and she usually has good intentions. The shouting and the violence and the cursing (was there any cursing?) are mostly for comedic purposes and they are very mild in comparison to other series, cough... Gintama... cough. You often get more than this in anime in general.

I find the humour in Slayers similar to Gintama, but less absurd. And overall they're both a good mix of comedy and action with a well told story.
Compared to newer series Slayers is most similar to Konosuba, just without the flood of dirty jokes and with twice the action and the epicness.

In case OP is still around tho, judging by your anime list, Slayers is not your type of show. That aside, I'm quite amazed to find someone that I have negative affinity with here. It's -7.9% XD.

Yeah, it's not worth it to try and convince me otherwise. I already chose to drop it because I heard the girl in there pretty much carries this annoying personality throughout the series and I don't care if she changes or not, it's insufferable. And yeah, this is what I don't like about anime, anime characters can be very aggressive and brash.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Slayers Episode 1 Discussion

Cookie-chan- - Jul 17, 2008

45 by PugPun »»
Apr 8, 3:26 PM

» Does Slayers still have a fanbase?

RaltsPokemon - Oct 27, 2023

8 by Ade117 »»
Feb 19, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Remake version

DrPopCat7758 - Oct 14, 2023

4 by kihel »»
Oct 24, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Slayers Episode 24 Discussion

daemonraco - Oct 2, 2011

14 by Wrongthinker »»
Aug 2, 2023 12:07 AM

Poll: » Slayers Episode 23 Discussion

DarkBlue - Jul 29, 2009

15 by Wrongthinker »»
Aug 1, 2023 10:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.