Forum Settings
Forums
Jan 18, 2017 3:50 AM

Kagami said:
Yeah, but with Angel Beats important stuff happened during the songs or at least two of them. Like, it showed more than them singing.

That's why I specifically said when the show was FOCUSING on the songs. Don't worry, I didn't miss anything from the plot.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!

Jan 18, 2017 9:53 AM

I watched SAO at 2x speed and it was still boring

Jan 18, 2017 9:56 AM

For some older anime's i speed them up little bit if i have the option, of course depending on what anime. Sometimes they feel that they go slowly so its nice to speed it up by little bit.

Jan 18, 2017 1:04 PM

I mean... If you have extra time in your life and want to spent it on watching a show you don't care for at faster space go for it. You do you. Might be fun after couple beers.

But nah never done that, only skipped transformation scene in some mahou shoujo show and op/ed when binge watching.

Jan 18, 2017 2:55 PM

No that's fucking retarded you impatient dumbass.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.

Jan 19, 2017 6:30 PM

No and I don't understand how anyone could justify this. You are the one getting butthurt. We aren't anime purists. We actually care about the story.

Jan 19, 2017 6:36 PM
Manga Moderator
you save like ~2 minutes for a 20 minute episode...? what even

Jan 19, 2017 7:38 PM

I've watched a few shows on x1.5 you can watch 3 shows instead of 2 in the same time. Profit!
A curve including all entries should be of a gaussian form. One including limited entries by picking animes you liked and not rating animes you dropped should look like mine.
Amount of total animes each rating should have (percentages): 6-25,7-15,8-6,9-3,10-1

Jan 19, 2017 7:40 PM
Loli King~

Angelquasilike said:
I've watched a few shows on x1.5 you can watch 3 shows instead of 2 in the same time. Profit!
More like brain damage snd stat obsessed.

Jan 19, 2017 7:47 PM

Kagami said:
Angelquasilike said:

You can easily follow most SOL's at 1.5x. I also skim through fillers and flashbacks with the arrow keys (3 seconds each press). It's got nothing to do with stats. It's not like I'm enjoying the show less. I'm enjoying it just the same because I'm not losing anything. I also watch lectures and some youtube videos that don't have much action speeded up. It's pretty normal nowadays
A curve including all entries should be of a gaussian form. One including limited entries by picking animes you liked and not rating animes you dropped should look like mine.
Amount of total animes each rating should have (percentages): 6-25,7-15,8-6,9-3,10-1

Jan 19, 2017 8:00 PM
Loli King~

Angelquasilike said:
Kagami said:

You can easily follow most SOL's at 1.5x. I also skim through fillers and flashbacks with the arrow keys (3 seconds each press). It's got nothing to do with stats. It's not like I'm enjoying the show less. I'm enjoying it just the same because I'm not losing anything. I also watch lectures and some youtube videos that don't have much action speeded up. It's pretty normal nowadays
You guys try to justify retardation and potentially the low point of the anime fandom. You do you, but anime fans have lost their minds...

Jan 19, 2017 8:13 PM
Oh man, I don't think I could get through 25/50+ episode anime series without using a little speed boost.

I've seen all 366 episodes of Bleach (filler arcs and all);

watched Gintama until I saw that the plot would never go anywhere (I /tried/ to stick with the new director after episode 100, but after 200 or 250+ I nope'd out... it didn't help that the Crunchyroll subs lacked a lot of nuance/extra info required to understand the jokes);

and gawd, I've seen so many anime series that it's pretty easy to see through the motions of an arc. I used to wonder how media sucked you into the plot -- it's called "the point of no return" -- once the consumer is past this point, they've invested enough time/interest into the plot and will want to see through it until the end. Some shows have the point of no return at episode 1. Some have it later on. Once the creators got you hook, line & sinker... you're in to the end (I gotta finish Gundam-IBO and these last volumes of Bleach yo).

I remember watching episode 1 or 2 of Cowboy Bebop and there was a very memorable scene of a bucket filling up with water one drop at a time. The bucket had two or three more inches until it would over/fill, and right then and there I nope'd out of that series. Seriously, watching a f-g bucket fill up with drops of water? Might as well watch paint dry. I don't even know if that was Cowboy Bebop or not, but it was boring and I don't care if that bucket slowly filling up was supposed to be part of the anime's theme. Don't care. So boring. Next series.

Bleach had a few good filler arcs (two of them had notably lackluster endings though; my favorites were the extended Hueco Mundo arc with Nel and when the Zanpakuto coming to life).

Some of the "bad" ones felt like they were really meant to flesh out the side-side characters. All in all, I see why people say that X isn't X without the filler (i.e. you gotta watch Dragonball without skipping the filler, it's part of the experience). Buuut, then again, there's so much awesome entertainment out there that watching blah blah blah isn't really worth it. Manga has little to no filler. Personally, if I could go back in time, yeah, I'd speed up a lot more of the boring (filler) arcs.

I have no regrets speeding up season 2 of Iron Blooded Orphans. The first arc of the second season is utterly dumb.

Jan 19, 2017 10:40 PM

It's stupid as fuck xD I would never do it. If you don't enjoy it, just don't watch it, geez :v

Jan 19, 2017 10:46 PM

Kagami said:
Angelquasilike said:

You guys try to justify retardation and potentially the low point of the anime fandom. You do you, but anime fans have lost their minds...
get on with the times grandpa
soon we'll be uploading anime straight to our brains

Jan 20, 2017 9:18 AM

Kitsu-nee said:
It's stupid as fuck xD I would never do it. If you don't enjoy it, just don't watch it, geez :v

Agree wholeheartedly. Great post.

Jan 20, 2017 10:01 AM

Kitsu-nee said:

Amen to that. ^
This is probably the most idiotic thread I've seen here in the past few months.

Once we seize space, we'll all...

Jan 22, 2017 2:29 PM
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1585615&show=0 < Lol, you know you're doing something right when lame imitations pop up (horrible thread title might I add).

I was watching Split (M. Night Shyamalan, lololol) yesterday at the movie theater and this was a movie with mostly talking -- gasp, something I've been railing against in this thread -- however, the actors were top-notch and the facial expressions were wonderful.

In anime, the eyes are said to be the most expressive, but with 4K Blu-ray anime coming soon, viewers should expect more than twinkling eyes to express a character's emotions. I suppose what I'm looking for is more intense dialogue scenes, with heavy atmospheres.

Code Geass did this well, there was action, drama, tension, then comedic relief. The "wavelength" of the first season was really done well. It was one of those 25 episode binge-me seasons that's so hard to find these days.

Gundam IBO S2 is finally getting interesting after the first cluster-f of an arc, and the dramatic scenes with Tekkadan and Teiwaz are good. Gjallarhorn is kinda meh, especially seeing as how they ____ all their side's characters from the S1, and I can't really get into the Rustal faction's side-stories/characters.

I've been watching IBO with 1.1x speed on, and most of the time I can't even notice it's at 110%. During the fight scenes I return it to normal speed or .9x and enjoy.

Jan 22, 2017 4:55 PM

So much is being missed if someone does this. I don't know how you can justify this or claim you love the show if you watch at faster than normal speed.

Jan 22, 2017 5:19 PM

I have never and no thanks.

I think pressing forward arrow on my keyboard with some boring part for some boring anime is enough.

And fast forward it will be really weird for me.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]