Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 15, 2017 12:55 PM

Feb 2015
god damn i love that sexual tention between characters and cute moments etc..
SEND ME DA FRIEND REQUEST AND COMMENT ON MY PROFILE <33

I LOVE YUKINO YUKINOSHITA, CHITOGE AND YUNO GASAI.. they changed my life.. every night b4 sleeping i think about them and pray that i meet a yukino/chitoge/yuno irl <33
i will stay virgin for them <33 i know they are out there and i will meet them <33 i love u yukino bbb
Jan 15, 2017 9:00 PM
Mar 2009
If by "good" you mean similar to a tee, then yes. So much so, that everyone calls Amagami the prequel. I would also recommend checking out Photokano as well.
Jan 15, 2017 9:22 PM

Jan 2014
Absolutely yes. If you like Seiren then you will love Amagami
Jan 15, 2017 9:58 PM

Dec 2014
I'd say it'd be tough for Seiren to be better than Amagami
Jan 16, 2017 1:25 AM
Oct 2008
It might be just selective memory, but I found Amagami SS better... But I'm not sure what my reaction was after just two episodes - I saw it all in one sitting.
Jan 16, 2017 3:24 AM

Aug 2015
Imo amagami is better but we had 2 episodes yet so we will see if it can get on the same lvl. MC is nontheless plain, Junichi had at least a background which make it understandable for him to not be in a relationship.
Jan 16, 2017 8:01 AM
Jul 2016
I like seiren better but Amagami is good too
Jan 16, 2017 11:55 AM
Jun 2015
seiren is trash lmao
Jan 16, 2017 2:34 PM

Feb 2015
how can you say that with just 2 episodes out man?

im watching amagami and story looks interesting but the girls are so much hotter in seiren..

amagami is old so i can understand but seiren has the fanservice bit going for them..

I LOVE YUKINO YUKINOSHITA, CHITOGE AND YUNO GASAI.. they changed my life.. every night b4 sleeping i think about them and pray that i meet a yukino/chitoge/yuno irl <33
i will stay virgin for them <33 i know they are out there and i will meet them <33 i love u yukino bbb
Jan 17, 2017 12:04 AM

Nov 2016
If you like seiren, you'll like amagami ss too
Nice to meet you.......
はじめまして。。。。。。。。。
Jan 17, 2017 8:49 AM

Jul 2013
So far I find Seiren more interesting than Amagami SS, but tbh both them is just average.

Jan 20, 2017 5:21 AM

Dec 2014
well amagami is quite similar though the stories are quite different altogether
Jan 21, 2017 7:55 AM
Jul 2018
At this point (3 episodes in) amagami is better but the first arc isn't even over yet, you can only judge this one until all arcs are finished.
Jan 24, 2017 1:14 AM

Mar 2009
Can't see why you wouldn't like Amagami if you like Seiren. The sexual tension and cute moments are all there as well.
Jan 28, 2017 1:47 PM

Aug 2013
Amagami was much better tbh.
Check photokano too.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 28, 2017 2:52 PM
Jan 2015
Amagami SS is infinitely better than Seiren. Seiren has been absolutely disappointing and rather slow and boring compared to Amagami SS. If you even remotely like Seiren, I highly recommend checking out Amagami SS when Seiren ends. Amagami SS has two seasons and the character designs are by the same person. However, the guy who does the artwork didn't do the story for Amagami SS, only the character designs, so this is their first series that they're writing for.
CommanderEverestJan 28, 2017 2:57 PM
Jan 28, 2017 3:35 PM

Jan 2014
i really don't think so, it looks alike art wise, but it's nothing like amagami ss.
amagami ss is way better then seiren, well it's my opinion of course, some people might find it different.
Jan 31, 2017 1:12 PM

Feb 2015
yeah amagami is better..

but chicks are so much hotter in this one.. god damn

Jan 31, 2017 9:50 PM
Jun 2016
I like amagami ss way more than seiren.
Feb 5, 2017 8:57 AM
Sep 2016
I loved Amagami. I found that it was a lot goofier than Seiren though. Lots of similarities, but Seiren so far has more serious stories.
Feb 22, 2017 12:54 AM

Jan 2017
For me.. Amagami was better than Seiren. Perhaps I may be the only one but when I watched Amagami for the first time, naturally I wanted to see how the relationship turned out from the MC's point of view. When I watched it again, I started rooting for the girls in their arc...not MC got the girls.. but rather the girls got the guy that they liked esp in the Tanamachi and Nanasaki arcs. Maybe it sounds silly but I was upset when Rihoko didn't get hitched in season 1.

With the Seiren episodes so far, I can't see myself thinking Go Tsuneki or Toorui!! Well done on getting the guy you want! You deserve it.

So, I'm glad there's Seiren but neither it not Photokano are better than Amagami. There's so many things going on in Amagami, the friendship with the 3 girls, Haruka and Hibiki, I'm not sure what the older sister Tomoe does but she's no Miya. Ni-shi-shi-shi =)
Feb 22, 2017 5:04 PM

Apr 2012
After watching the first arc then 3 episodes into the second one... So far hands down Amagami SS is better. One thing that makes Seiren fall short is its horrendous writing. The flow is incoherent and all over the place. It's only in the last episode we get to see if main the character gets the girl highlighted. Why keep it a mystery if he would or would not succeed in getting the girl? Amagami wasn't about him getting the girl but rather it's about finding out who had better chemistry best suited for both parties. Amagami's pace is way better; the main protagonist Junichi and whoever girl featured in the arc mostly are together around the second or third episode and the forth episode is just icing or some sort of test/hardship they go through to show us why they should stay together. It's already a foregone conclusion Amagami's protagonist is getting the girl so it's also the telling of why they should or shouldn't be together. Seiren can't seem to get its plot and flow in place.

First 7 episodes for both:
Amagami > Seiren
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Feb 22, 2017 11:18 PM

Mar 2008
So far I'd say Amagami SS easily is the better show. Now we're only about to finish the second arc and that is a show that I've seen all 6 (plus the sequel) for.

But at the same time, Seiren just feels inferior. The story doesn't feel as strong for each arc. Amagami had a good feel for the flow of what it was doing. It knew how to use those 4 episodes per girl nicely. I never felt they were pressed for time. The first arc for Seiren felt like they were needing way more episodes than they had. The pacing just wasn't quite right. Agree with Janethan above that they mostly had the relationship settled in 2-3 episodes. That gave them room for the last episode to just test things or allow for a nice emotional finish.

Plus...this is subjective but the MC is just better with Amagami. Junichi has a lot of similarities to Shouichi. But it still feels like Junichi had more personality. The Christmas backstory actually did help anchor his character. It was something to make him stumble or something to overcome and sometimes it wasn't too important. But it was something that made him feel like an individual. Shouichi...is just a guy.

There's still another arc to come. But at this point...Amagami SS just straight up wins.
Feb 23, 2017 12:39 PM

Apr 2012
FlareKnight said:
The Christmas backstory actually did help anchor his character. It was something to make him stumble or something to overcome and sometimes it wasn't too important. But it was something that made him feel like an individual. Shouichi...is just a guy.

That's another thing Seiren didn't establish; a backstory for the main guy. If there was one then it was probably forgettable because I couldn't recall it one bit just 7 episodes in. Amagami from the begining got the narrative delivered on the very first episode to set the tone, then subsequent arcs touched on it from different angles. It's because of that we get to relate and cheer for Junichi because we know where he's coming from.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Apr 4, 2017 6:17 PM

Mar 2012
Yeah, Amagami is far better.
Apr 4, 2017 6:51 PM

Jul 2009
Amagami is far better written and filled with more interesting girls. Ayakuji's arc alone demolishes every story here.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2017

54 by WolfWood37 »»
Dec 14, 2023 9:12 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

62 by WolfWood37 »»
Nov 25, 2023 11:02 PM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

97 by WolfWood37 »»
Nov 20, 2023 9:28 PM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

129 by WolfWood37 »»
Nov 13, 2023 9:21 PM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

83 by WolfWood37 »»
Nov 12, 2023 11:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.