Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 14, 2017 6:45 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, they just got right to the feels for this.

I think it's kinda obvious this new season's arc has a more serious tone already. The melancholic OSt and OP song they used seemed rather fitting too. Tennouji's skill with his powers seems to have advanced in this so far. Kagari and Tennouji's character chemistry felt like it was when they first met before. The comedic part felt kinda weird to me when it focused on Tennouji and those "memories" lol.

_Ghost_Jan 18, 2017 3:58 PM
Jan 14, 2017 7:14 AM

Sep 2015
Moon route on anime ep 1 way too much comedy i have no idea what to say
Still no "Rewrite" well save it for Terra maybe?

For anime only will confused as f with this moon

ZBlastHistoryJan 14, 2017 7:21 AM
Into the Internet!
Jan 14, 2017 7:22 AM

Sep 2014
If there's one good thing this episode did, it was to have "Journey" as the "OP" theme with that dancing montage.

I like it better than having "Rewrite" as the OP, but I think it will be the OP for next episode.

Did not like them using "Love Letter" in the middle of the episode.

This episode was flashbacks to the five original routes and the first part of the Moon route. Don't know if I like this.
exleader75Jan 14, 2017 7:28 AM
Jan 14, 2017 7:23 AM

Jun 2013
ListAandM said:

Moon has lots of comedic moments...just saying..

A great improvement i would say from last season in the animation department. I'm really glad about that and the episode was really good. Almost 1/1 with the VN.

Also...DAISY VOCAL VERSION OMG

About "Rewrite", they'll probably save it for the next episode or two.
Jan 14, 2017 7:35 AM

Sep 2015
Murasa22 said:
ListAandM said:

A great improvement i would say from last season in the animation department. I'm really glad about that and the episode was really good. Almost 1/1 with the VN.

I know but they mixed with some ecchi comedy like this
Into the Internet!
Jan 14, 2017 7:37 AM

Mar 2016
ListAandM said:
Murasa22 said:

If I'm not wrong.. that's from HarvestFesta (Lucia x Kotarou x Akari)
Jan 14, 2017 7:45 AM

Dec 2012
Materialist said:
ListAandM said:

If I'm not wrong.. that's from HarvestFesta (Lucia x Kotarou x Akari)
Yep that's from Hervest Festa
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Jan 14, 2017 8:25 AM

Jul 2008
Yeah i read the VN too a long time ago. This episode did pretty well wrapping up the original 5 routes and starting out MOON. I'm curious on how they'll adapt the next part of MOON though, and how they'll display the transition from MOON to TERRA stories.

Jan 14, 2017 8:27 AM

Jun 2013
Btw this opening sequence was fucking perfect, I'm so freaking happy

Jan 14, 2017 8:37 AM

Jan 2012
0_0

Well uh....that was certainly some reintroduction huh? Not at all random or confusing, no sir...we Groundhogs Day now! XD And the key to victory? Coffee....good choice Kagari! XD
Jan 14, 2017 8:51 AM

Dec 2012
Rewrite S2 first episode was so much better than the entire S1 of Rewrite. The pacing wasn't rushed and animation quiality was better. I actually really enjoyed the episode. Only problem will be anime-onlies will be confused with "the memories".
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Jan 14, 2017 8:52 AM

Jan 2015
I don't really know what to say about the "timeline" of this second series, since I never play the game. And that "endure" Koutarou" did to get Kagari's attention, totally priceless.
Especially that part. :)
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jan 14, 2017 8:55 AM

Mar 2016
three cups of coffee was all it took for me to stay awake during this

I didn't mind the episode, the comedy isn't bad, pretty confused but all in all I think i will prefer this season to the last
Jan 14, 2017 8:56 AM

Apr 2014
Well that was way better than I expected, here I expected some next level butchering. Glad to see 8bit is finally coming to their senses (for now). Here's to hoping they don't screw up later on. The art was a bit sluggish at times but not as bad as season 1, some scenes were even nice to the eyes and I'm very happy with that.
Jan 14, 2017 8:58 AM

Dec 2014
Well that was quite something, It was interesting but as a person who has not played the VN this leaves me with quite a bit of questions.

So what exactly has happened to the world now? As I understood the previous seasons, the world was being rewritten into some kind of basic state. Here the world seems to be a post apocalyptic state.

There was that scene in the beginning with Kotori trying to shoot Kagari and then Shizuru crying as Koutarou was about to disappear or something. There's also all the flashbacks and memories Koutarou seems to recall of the group. I assume this points to different timelines where different events happen and he's somehow remembering all this in whichever timeline he's currently in or something. Also how exactly does he keep respawning like that? Why isn't Kagari able to talk? What is the thing that Kagari is researching on? Is it something like the 'World Lines' from Steins;Gate or something? Way too many questions man.
Would appreciate if someone could summarize how the current events came about unless of course it will be explained later.

Also Koutarou death scenes were quite brutal, I think if they had kept it that way instead of making it comedic in the middle, The final reunion would have been a lot more emotional.
Jan 14, 2017 9:02 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well that was not so bad. I was a bit worried that they'd somehow try to squeeze in Kotori's and Akane's routes as well after seeing the PV but they were just short flashbacks during Moon in order to establish the timeline structure. So it's all good. That said, I have a feeling this might have been a bit difficult to really understand if you haven't played the game first lol

Either way, on paper this season should be a lot easier to adapt than the first one, just like Meikyuu and Rakuen were relative to Kajitsu for Grisaia, so I still have hope that this season will turn out pretty good. And it's pretty evident already that the pacing is *much* better. We'll just have to hope it lasts though

Nice seeing Journey utilized as well at the start there. They even sort of simulated the VN's starting sequence with the screen effect thingy
Jan 14, 2017 9:07 AM

Jul 2015
The CG wasn't bad, like the last season. I was preparing for the worst when the familiar t-rex came in. That's how low my expectations are for this season.

But for the first episode, it is much, MUCH better than season 1, but nothing to justify that it was great on its own.

3/5 for this episode.
Jan 14, 2017 9:10 AM

Aug 2009
Well, it was about as mediocre as I expected it to be. This episode was all over the place. It was entertaining at times, but mainly because the first season was handled incredibly poorly, it didn't feel like this episode had any impact whatsoever.
Jan 14, 2017 9:14 AM

Feb 2008
Surprisingly good but previous season first episode were good as well, so how will this turn out in end?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jan 14, 2017 9:17 AM

Jan 2015
Great episode was super exciting to finally see rewrite again... Chihaya scene was the sweetest with Kotarou calling her his girlfriend :3

Also really liked Kotarou trying to approach Kagari was very funny at times :D
Excited for the next ep >_<
Jan 14, 2017 9:25 AM

Sep 2015
Already liking this more than the first season. It didn't feel rushed, the music was on point, and the tone was more serious. Also, the opening was vey nostalgic. :')
3/5 so far for me
hardcoperJan 14, 2017 9:30 AM

Jan 14, 2017 9:31 AM

Mar 2015
so, does the new season have any potential to be worth watching or is it as bad as the first season was? i'm an anime-only so i was wondering if i should watch this season or not (i was a huge hater for the first season due to how rushed it was)
Nov 2015
aah the opening was gorgeous <3
Jul 2014
I got the feels watching this episode. I'm glad its back!

Aug 2013
It was okay for a start but the last season was so bad it couldn't really be any worse
Jan 14, 2017 9:45 AM

Oct 2015
Now... can someone summarize this episode for me?? At first I thought it was a prequel to the first season since he didnt know who Kagari was and started having the dreams he had in the first season, but then he started having these random moments with all the girls he met so I kinda lost it here.
Jan 14, 2017 9:47 AM

Jul 2015
Fuck this! Story is still completely incomprehensible.

Jan 14, 2017 9:48 AM

Jul 2015
It was ok, I think?. That Kotori's route scene was so damn bad. The heroines routes scenes were really unneeded, they could work as flashback with a little explication (just like Kotarou told his other lifes).

I remembered the scenes where Kagari kills Kotarou more serious and less funny, but I can be remembering wrong. Anyway, they were meh.

The animation is bad as expected and I think I am getting tired of Kotarou's VA.

This episode is still better than all the season 1. The end, Journey as opening and Daisy Memory were the best of the episode. Btw there are no OP/ED announced?

P.S.:
Jan 14, 2017 9:51 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Nostalgik said:
Now... can someone summarize this episode for me?? At first I thought it was a prequel to the first season since he didnt know who Kagari was and started having the dreams he had in the first season, but then he started having these random moments with all the girls he met so I kinda lost it here.
This should get explained more in detail in the next episode or two reckon but
Jan 14, 2017 9:55 AM

Jul 2012
Well that was a pretty nice and funny, but quite confusing. First of all i didn't expect that it would be continuation(if i understood correctly that it is), i thought that new season will be couple of arcs with different endings like those dreams in the episode. I was surprised that it ended on a bad/sad note so thist time should be happy ending.
Jan 14, 2017 9:59 AM

Oct 2015
HaXXspetten said:
Nostalgik said:
I got that, thanks though. What I didn't get is what time is the MC living in the time he dreams about meeting Kagari in that garden with the carpet? Is it the aftermath of the first season?
Jan 14, 2017 10:09 AM

Jan 2016
Mmm, a perfect mixture of comedy and drama. Very pleasant episode
In time, you will know the tragic extent of my fapping's...
Jan 14, 2017 10:11 AM

Mar 2016
Initial score: mid 6, what the fuck is going on (that's ok I know what's going on since I read the VN but if I didn't this would be a problem)

They just had to have 8bit ruin one of Key's masterpieces
Jan 14, 2017 10:14 AM

Oct 2012
The entire anime project was worth it just for that OP sequence. I only wish it were longer.

Also the ED music is such a beautiful arrangement of Daisy. The whole ending scene was pretty well done imo, gives me a little hope for the rest of this season.
KoybzJan 14, 2017 11:06 AM
Jan 14, 2017 10:14 AM

Jun 2016
A bit confusing, but I think I understand it now. Brief preview of the 5 other routes, and at the end it introduces the moon route?
Jan 14, 2017 10:16 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Nostalgik said:
HaXXspetten said:
I got that, thanks though. What I didn't get is what time is the MC living in the time he dreams about meeting Kagari in that garden with the carpet? Is it the aftermath of the first season?
Not sure I can answer that without spoiling stuff. You're not supposed to know everything yet. Just wait a little longer and you'll understand eventually
Jan 14, 2017 10:17 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Damn this was better than S1 in its entirety lol

I really liked seeing glimpses of all the different routes and possibilities of this series and I ESPECIALLY liked seeing the scenes with Kotaro and Kotomi/Akane/Shizuru (And of course that bath scene lol)

The ending scene with Kagari was pretty touching too and I really enjoyed the little montages of those two throughout the episode

I have no idea what this season will be about but I'm interested in it once more so I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next
Jan 14, 2017 10:18 AM
May 2013
Got to say I thought this anime ended in Season 1, as way they end it, I'm shock when I was saw Season 2 on this.... WHHHHAAATTT!!!!!!!!! but I am watch it at moment, kind of like the season 2 episode 1 setting so far.
Have Great Day =)
Animekid3

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 14, 2017 10:19 AM

Dec 2015
Lelouch0202 said:
So what exactly has happened to the world now? As I understood the previous seasons, the world was being rewritten into some kind of basic state. Here the world seems to be a post apocalyptic state.

There was that scene in the beginning with Kotori trying to shoot Kagari and then Shizuru crying as Koutarou was about to disappear or something. There's also all the flashbacks and memories Koutarou seems to recall of the group. I assume this points to different timelines where different events happen and he's somehow remembering all this in whichever timeline he's currently in or something. Also how exactly does he keep respawning like that? Why isn't Kagari able to talk? What is the thing that Kagari is researching on? Is it something like the 'World Lines' from Steins;Gate or something? Way too many questions man.
Would appreciate if someone could summarize how the current events came about unless of course it will be explained later.

Jan 14, 2017 10:20 AM
Nov 2014
Nostalgik said:
HaXXspetten said:

Which meeting are you referring to? This one being showed right now where kotarou tries his best to talk to kagari, or the one showed in season 1
?(Does that even count as a garden though)
Jan 14, 2017 10:28 AM

Jun 2014
This episode by itself seemed much better than all of season 1, lets hope it stays that way.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 14, 2017 10:30 AM

Apr 2015
this episode felt a bit confusing, guess things will come to light in the next episodes...
Jan 14, 2017 10:32 AM

Jan 2015
People want to know what not even the protagonist have figured out yet ...

For now, the pacing looks better than S1, but let's see what will happen next
Arikado-Jan 14, 2017 10:37 AM
Jan 14, 2017 10:33 AM

Dec 2014
shiroshiki_ said:
Lelouch0202 said:

I see, well I hope they do get explained in detail later on.
I guess things have gotten pretty interesting. Would've been nice if I had experienced all the character routes so I can relate to the memories, I suppose I should have read the VN for that. Thanks for letting me know.
Jan 14, 2017 10:36 AM

Oct 2015
xlaser08 said:
Nostalgik said:

Which meeting are you referring to? This one being showed right now where kotarou tries his best to talk to kagari, or the one showed in season 1
?(Does that even count as a garden though)
The one in this episode. Where she has the carpet. I mean he's having these "dreams" (very real ones) in the timeline of the end of the first season?
Jan 14, 2017 10:36 AM

Aug 2012
Mmmm that Journey OP with dancing was extremely tasteful, color me surprised. I hate the route excerpts, but it should help people understand the structure once they know everything(at least if you know how general VN structures are you'll be alright).

Some of the Moon comedy felt off(that Tensho direction) but other than that the Moon bits were spot on. I mean everything from this point on should be easy business to adapt so it doesn't really deserve praise, but this did make me hopeful from an execution standpoint.
Jan 14, 2017 10:48 AM

Jul 2014
I had no fcking clue on what was happening.
So basically Kotarou lived a lot of lives in different timelines? including the one in the 1st season? so that was one of many?
Kotaro living the lives tho, having an adult relationship with the pres, having 2 hot babes with him while bathing, building a family with Kotori and other shiz.

I hope Kagari gets hit by a rock from space again so that she goes back to being like she was in the 1st season, she was entertaining as hell back then, now she's like this robot that doesnt talk, tho that smile was something. Loved how the beautiful art kicked in near the end.
Jan 14, 2017 10:54 AM

Feb 2016
I have no idea what i just saw.
Jan 14, 2017 10:56 AM

Jun 2014
That was quite entertaining and fun

Also that OP, it was perfect in all ways

Here is a lovely Kotarou illustration by Hiromi Nakagawa, the new Chief Animation Director that joined the crew to help improve the quality, she also was an animation supervisor in this ep!

Image source: https://twitter.com/2tororo2/status/820187980795027456
Jan 14, 2017 10:56 AM
Jan 2009
Damn it, it was an actually a good adaptation, now I'm going to keep my hope up once again.

Anime only viewers are going to be confused as hell, though.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2017

115 by phantomic109 »»
Jun 19, 2023 12:51 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2017

201 by yveltalkyogre »»
Dec 30, 2022 2:35 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2017

110 by ka7eMARU »»
Nov 5, 2022 6:10 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2017

154 by ka7eMARU »»
Nov 5, 2022 5:45 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2017

95 by Ashhk »»
Sep 1, 2021 5:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.