Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Mar 12, 2017 5:24 AM

Jan 2013
Redth_SA said:
Ruben_Jb said:

Can you tell me what happened there? My memory about this part of the VN is a bit hazy.

Kotarou went to get Akane in the city of stone where all gaians were. He was screaming that when Gaians were holding him from taking away their holy woman... Holy shit, I especially love that moment when they got out when his parents and Nagai pushed him outside... Uwah, I really wanna see that scene.
`

Hmm I can't seem to remember it that well I guess. Or it didn't really have an impact on me.
Mar 14, 2017 5:33 AM

May 2010
New BD/DVD cover is out and it looks pretty epic :3
Mar 15, 2017 12:45 AM
Jul 2018
Kitsu-nee said:

Just saw it and I pretty much like it a lot xD

Btw funny enough I was scrolling down on twitter... I couldn't really help myself but to laugh at this edit @kotoridruid made.

Mar 15, 2017 6:20 AM

Jul 2014
Damn feels :

https://musescore.com/user/3208436/scores/2567351
Scene shifts there.
Welp
Mar 15, 2017 6:34 AM

Apr 2015
Symphyon said:
Kitsu-nee said:

Just saw it and I pretty much like it a lot xD

Btw funny enough I was scrolling down on twitter... I couldn't really help myself but to laugh at this edit @kotoridruid made.

Mar 17, 2017 3:22 AM

Nov 2016
Next episode PV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLCtN9J8Nhk
Loli Shizuru and Lucia!! Seems like they added Lucia to that scene in the cafe too... Dammit, it's one of my favourite scene and damn does remembering it hurts!! Anyway, next episode is also gonna include the most hilarious scene in Terra!! The "Jus' killed ur daddy 'n mommy in front o' u now get the fuck outta here, kid" scene... Holy shit, I wanna see how it's gonna be done!!

« If you want to be yourself, then you must become strong and beautiful. »
- Vil Schoenheit
🕂Anime List🕂Manga List🕂VN List🕂
♥ Credits to Shuuka
Mar 17, 2017 3:26 AM
Jul 2018
Redth_SA said:
Loli Shizuru and Lucia!! Seems like they added Lucia to that scene in the cafe too... Dammit, it's one of my favourite scene and damn does remembering it hurts!! Anyway, next episode is also gonna include the most hilarious scene in Terra!! The "Jus' killed ur daddy 'n mommy in front o' u now get the fuck outta here, kid" scene... Holy shit, I wanna see how it's gonna be done!!

MAAAAN I'm rather happy the anime showcased Lucia and Shizuru from the looks of it. And oh my lord, I'm gonna go and get pissed because this episode they're showcasing "THAT" scenario as far as I am seeing and telling. Like as in THAT SCENE. The one that made me go and take the piss! >_<
Mar 17, 2017 3:55 AM
Jun 2014
I was thinking the scene where Kotarou stabs Onishi to death would be cut and that Onishi would end up replacing the American Eye agent, but now I'm not sure with that shot of Kotarou with a bloody knife. I don't think Kotarou would use the knife to kill Kotori's parents but that seems to be going down next ep as well.
Mar 18, 2017 7:26 AM

Apr 2015
Redth_SA said:
Loli Shizuru and Lucia!! Seems like they added Lucia to that scene in the cafe too...Dammit, it's one of my favourite scene and damn does remembering it hurts!! Anyway, next episode is also gonna include the most hilarious scene in Terra!! The "Jus' killed ur daddy 'n mommy in front o' u now get the fuck outta here, kid" scene... Holy shit, I wanna see how it's gonna be done!!

Which sucks! I mean, what for? 8bit and their alterations for idiots.
Mar 18, 2017 11:30 AM

Sep 2011
I don't want to convey my thoughts regarding the new episode on the episode discussion as my thoughts are purely VN related.

Okay so this episode 10 is so rushed on VN standards, and Terra itself is already rushed as hell and I thought it couldn't be more rushed but 8-bit prove me wrong. Like someone said on the episode 10 thread, the dramatic scenes have very less impact. Never mind how dramatic they are on the VN, but this Rewrite anime totally destroyed the "signs of still being Key material" by either not being able to handle the dramatic scenes properly or completely removing it at all(Esaka's death).

The only praise that I can give is at least they manage to make Rewrite anime looks badass.

And, inb4someoneseethispostasextremehate, I never said anything that this episode 10 is bad as a standalone anime.

Mar 18, 2017 11:47 AM

Apr 2015
Tennouji said:
I don't want to convey my thoughts regarding the new episode on the episode discussion as my thoughts are purely VN related.

Okay so this episode 10 is so rushed on VN standards, and Terra itself is already rushed as hell and I thought it couldn't be more rushed but 8-bit prove me wrong. Like someone said on the episode 10 thread, the dramatic scenes have very less impact. Never mind how dramatic they are on the VN, but this Rewrite anime totally destroyed the "signs of still being Key material" by either not being able to handle the dramatic scenes properly or completely removing it at all(Esaka's death).

The only praise that I can give is at least they manage to make Rewrite anime looks badass.

And, inb4someoneseethispostasextremehate, I never said anything that this episode 10 is bad as a standalone anime.

It's not good either.
Mar 18, 2017 12:12 PM
Aug 2013
Tennouji said:

It is though, don't worry.
Mar 19, 2017 3:37 PM

Aug 2014
EP 3, being the conclusion to Moon, was rushed.
EP 10, being part of the most crucial points of Terra, was rushed.

Goddammit 8-Bit, couldn't you have rushed another point of Terra instead of the final part of it >_<
Mar 19, 2017 4:46 PM
Jul 2018
This is why I don't really wanna bother at this point to go and read the threads... I mean no offense, and well make me as irrelevant because I haven't caught up to it yet... buuut, a lot of people complained about Lucia being in the anime... what's the problem with them adding her and Chihaya. if I may ask? Can someone go and elaborate maybe? when clearly they become really irrelevant for the most part in the VN except for the ending... which comes off as rather not only vague but rather pointless.

As for the Esaka vs Kotarou scenario, I saw the snippet clip from twitter so while I can't speak for the episode itself, I can speak about the fight. Yes, the fight was underwhelming. But I didn't liked the scene because of the fights in the first place... I liked the scene because of the confrontation between them two, and in that snippet it was done decently.

Snappynator said:

Goddammit 8-Bit, couldn't you have rushed another point of Terra instead of the final part of it >_<

It was pretty much inevitable considering they don't have much time left to conclude it. In this case I really can't blame them for it. Btw, I haven't seen the episode yet (rather busy watching Sangatsu no Lion tbh) but... just saying with these two cents.
Mar 19, 2017 6:59 PM

Apr 2015
Symphyon said:
This is why I don't really wanna bother at this point to go and read the threads... I mean no offense, and well make me as irrelevant because I haven't caught up to it yet... buuut, a lot of people complained about Lucia being in the anime... what's the problem with them adding her and Chihaya. if I may ask? Can someone go and elaborate maybe? when clearly they become really irrelevant for the most part in the VN except for the ending... which comes off as rather not only vague but rather pointless.

As for the Esaka vs Kotarou scenario, I saw the snippet clip from twitter so while I can't speak for the episode itself, I can speak about the fight. Yes, the fight was underwhelming. But I didn't liked the scene because of the fights in the first place... I liked the scene because of the confrontation between them two, and in that snippet it was done decently.

Snappynator said:

It was pretty much inevitable considering they don't have much time left to conclude it. In this case I really can't blame them for it. Btw, I haven't seen the episode yet (rather busy watching Sangatsu no Lion tbh) but... just saying with these two cents.

You just don't get it, do you?
Mar 19, 2017 7:38 PM
Jul 2018
G-trys_C-lock said:
Symphyon said:

Explain the point you bolded then, at least elaborate one or two sentence... because you're not adding anything new for 3 months or pretty much 4. Being really honest.
Mar 19, 2017 7:54 PM

Apr 2015
Symphyon said:
G-trys_C-lock said:

Explain the point you bolded then, at least elaborate one or two sentence... because you're not adding anything new for 3 months or pretty much 4. Being really honest.

Lucihaya's surprise appearance at the end made that already amazing scene even better. Here is just "Oh, let's add Chihaya here and Lucia there, cause, you know - anime onlys are bunch of morons". And by that, this scene is ruined (if it's even gonna be there).
Mar 19, 2017 7:57 PM
Jul 2018
G-trys_C-lock said:
Symphyon said:

Lucihaya's surprise appearance at the end made that already amazing scene even better. Here is just "Oh, let's add Chihaya here and Lucia there, cause, you know - anime onlys are bunch of morons". And by that, this scene is ruined (if it's even gonna be there).

Okay then, well that makes a bit more clearer (for once in 3 months or 4). I can see that point across although it isn't much of a surprise for me in some way. So I wouldn't really mind the scene.
Mar 19, 2017 8:49 PM

Jul 2015
Symphyon said:
... buuut, a lot of people complained about Lucia being in the anime... what's the problem with them adding her and Chihaya. if I may ask?

Well, I have a problem with them being added.

Chihaya: If I remember well, Iko kills all the children from Enishi House except Akane. If Chihaya is in Enishi House, she would be killed by Iko too.

Lucia: Her presence in episode 10 is a plot hole. She was supposed to be with Brenda at that time and Nishikujou was in charge of her after Lucia got her poison power. But Lucia doesn't have her poison power in episode 10, because she isn't wearing gloves and she is apparently feeling flavors.
Mar 19, 2017 9:02 PM
Jul 2018
Hlutur said:
Symphyon said:
... buuut, a lot of people complained about Lucia being in the anime... what's the problem with them adding her and Chihaya. if I may ask?

Well, I have a problem with them being added.

Chihaya: If I remember well, Iko kills all the children from Enishi House except Akane. If Chihaya is in Enishi House, she would be killed by Iko too.

Lucia: Her presence in episode 10 is a plot hole. She was supposed to be with Brenda at that time and Nishikujou was in charge of her after Lucia got her poison power. But Lucia doesn't have her poison power in episode 10, because she isn't wearing gloves and she is apparently feeling flavors.

You're right that Chihaya wasn't in the Enishi House in the VN (this is as far as I can remember due to sleep struggles), and as for Lucia... then I would see it more as a contradiction. That's just what I'm just guessing.

One question, did Lucia ever said anything regarding on her gloves in the Epilogue scenario? I don't remember much about the epilogue scene at least the Dialogue (mostly because I was pretty much weeping)
Mar 19, 2017 9:22 PM

Jul 2015
Symphyon said:
One question, did Lucia ever said anything regarding on her gloves in the Epilogue scenario? I don't remember much about the epilogue scene at least the Dialogue (mostly because I was pretty much weeping)

No, she didn't say anything about her gloves, so most likely she never wore them.
Mar 19, 2017 9:26 PM
Jul 2018
Hlutur said:
Symphyon said:

No, she didn't say anything about her gloves, so most likely she never wore them.

I would have to re-check later when I get things fixed. But if it is the case... maybe that can be pass off? Well I need to process still and I will try to go through the episodes to get it (personal stuff happened which killed my weekly base with it)
Mar 20, 2017 5:31 AM
Aug 2013
Hlutur said:

As I read from the "Rewrite perfect visual book", the author Romeo said that Terra is the world line where the heroines wouldn't have to suffer (as much). It is implied that in Terra Lucia never got the poison powers from Brenda, probably because Nishikujou helped in rescuing her from having to be experimented on, I remember Kotarou saying that near the end after he was discovered as a traitor. So even though Nishikujou rescuing Lucia in the VN is just speculation, it isn't illogical that she did so and isn't a plot hole if 8Shit decided to show her here with Shizuru. Also Iko killed the children because they had mental problems and couldn't kill Akane because she showed improvement, Chihaya wouldn't be killed because she is totally healthy, and her being there is logical enough just because she is Gaia, either visiting or as an exception in the orphanage. People shouldn't mind them appearing, what they should mind is everything else like that garbage Kotarou vs Esaka fight UGH.
Mar 20, 2017 6:27 AM

Apr 2015
Rodielx said:
Hlutur said:

As I read from the "Rewrite perfect visual book", the author Romeo said that Terra is the world line where the heroines wouldn't have to suffer (as much). It is implied that in Terra Lucia never got the poison powers from Brenda, probably because Nishikujou helped in rescuing her from having to be experimented on, I remember Kotarou saying that near the end after he was discovered as a traitor. So even though Nishikujou rescuing Lucia in the VN is just speculation, it isn't illogical that she did so and isn't a plot hole if 8Shit decided to show her here with Shizuru. Also Iko killed the children because they had mental problems and couldn't kill Akane because she showed improvement, Chihaya wouldn't be killed because she is totally healthy, and her being there is logical enough just because she is Gaia, either visiting or as an exception in the orphanage. People shouldn't mind them appearing, what they should mind is everything else like that garbage Kotarou vs Esaka fight UGH.

Well, whatever the case, it's still stupid change and I don't like it.
Also, Tanaka already fucked his story twice (Rewrite's+ lame new epilogue and 1st season of anime/"Kagari route" fiasco), so the hell with him.
Mar 20, 2017 12:18 PM
Aug 2013
G-trys_C-lock said:
Well, whatever the case, it's still stupid change and I don't like it.
Also, Tanaka already fucked his story twice (Rewrite's+ lame new epilogue and 1st season of anime/"Kagari route" fiasco), so the hell with him.

Obviously Romeo is not one to give awfully convenient endings like the Rewrite+ one, everyone is saying that Key made him do it because as you see in their other works they always want to give a perfect happy ending, mostly. And of course he didn't willingly make that anime route either, dafuq can you imagine the one that made Rewrite and Cross channel making that retarded story from the anime? , all of that was just business and a BAD one.

I still liked the 1st season last episode though (JUST the story) and am a sucker for happy endings so like Rewrite+ better than the original, even more as Rewrite + still retains its logic and doesn't add any plot holes.
Mar 20, 2017 9:51 PM

Sep 2011
Rodielx said:
Hlutur said:

Seems this guy is the only one here who understands both the story of the VN and the portrayal of the anime.
TennoujiMar 20, 2017 9:54 PM

Mar 24, 2017 7:08 AM

Dec 2012

Judging the PV we might get original terra Ending since Kotarou appearance is the same as the original ending
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Mar 24, 2017 9:32 AM

Jun 2013
Ishkoten said:

Judging the PV we might get original terra Ending since Kotarou appearance is the same as the original ending

CHO CHOO ALL ABOARD THE FEELS TRAIN
Mar 24, 2017 9:47 AM

Apr 2015
Murasa22 said:
Ishkoten said:

CHO CHOO ALL ABOARD THE FEELS TRAIN

More like disappointment train.
Mar 24, 2017 11:18 AM

Nov 2016
Next episode...
Kagari: Kotarou, come and do your final job...
- Don't Do it - Don't do it - Don't do it - Don't do it - **Do it** - Don't do it - Don't do it
Kotarou stabs Kagari... *anime inserts boob grope*

Rewrite last ep tomorrow... It doesn't feel real. This anime was shit but I don't want it to end yet... Oh well, Rewrite will never end until we see Oppai Ending OVA (they WILL do it, won't they? I mean, it's the PERFECT ova o/)

By the way,did anyone see the new Rewrite LINE stickers? Look at how handsome is my Sakuya...

- Vil Schoenheit
♥ Credits to Shuuka
Mar 24, 2017 12:01 PM

Apr 2015
Redth_SA said:
Next episode...
Kagari: Kotarou, come and do your final job...
- Don't Do it - Don't do it - Don't do it - Don't do it - **Do it** - Don't do it - Don't do it
Kotarou stabs Kagari... *anime inserts boob grope*

Rewrite last ep tomorrow... It doesn't feel real. This anime was shit but I don't want it to end yet... Oh well, Rewrite will never end until we see Oppai Ending OVA (they WILL do it, won't they? I mean, it's the PERFECT ova o/)

By the way,did anyone see the new Rewrite LINE stickers? Look at how handsome is my Sakuya...

Well, I do. It was pretty much worthless. From the god awful betrayal that was season 1 to 2nd season's mediocrity. What a waste of the source material.
Mar 24, 2017 2:25 PM

Jun 2014
Rewrite ending full version just got out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kswwOh8XGks

Just from listening and recognizing some words... I'm dying to know the lyrics, I'm pretty sure it would be emotional.
Mar 24, 2017 10:48 PM
Aug 2013
Ishkoten said:

That image shown in the PV which is the same as the CG of the ending, is shown in the original Rewrite AND in Rewrite+ too. Kotarou's actual appearance is different in both versions and that CG is supposed to be something symbolic (and a excuse for a lack of budget or imagination). So we still don't know which version's ending we gonna get, but I'd say we're getting and would rather we get the Rewrite+ one.
Mar 25, 2017 9:43 AM
Oct 2011
I'm a bit sad that they cut the final Sakuya meeting, the city of stone event, and the guardian's knowledge of Kotarou's rewriting event right before their showdown.

The only good part of the final episode was when they copy/pasted the ending sequence for about 30 seconds.
Mar 25, 2017 12:05 PM

Nov 2016
I have so many mixed feelings about this anime... mostly negative ones tho...

If this is the Rewrite+ ending then... it suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. Original Rewrite had a pretty bittersweet ending, this one it felt like they were trying too hard to make it a happy ending and failed... I mean, yeah, it was emotional but it's pretty bad.... Ugh, and I mean, come on! Why the hell'd you skip best scenes and rush the ones you kept? Seriously?! And what about Nagai and Kotarou's parents... Why?!

Oh well, it was nice to see the whole Okaken together once again, I guess? Also, dat moment when Earth Dragon started talking haha, hilarious. And loli Akane saved me each time during this season... So adorable!

Animation still as bad as ever. Music arrangement was meh. Anime adaptation was seriously bad and overall unstatisfying...

First season is a 6/10 and second season is a 7/10 by me... And yes, I'm overrating cuz of my original love for Rewrite

Anyway what'd you think of this season and the anime overall? Wanna leave some comments about it? I mean, we've been watching this shit since almost a year ago so you gotta feel at least a tiny bit empty about it right now, no?

Also, Rewrite will never end until we get to see Oppai Ending! Oppai will save us! Oppai will save the world! Hopefully, it'll be better than the anime overall, they can't screw Oppai, nah? And they can't just not adapt it... Rewrite was all about Oppai afterall!

- Vil Schoenheit
♥ Credits to Shuuka
Mar 25, 2017 12:19 PM

Sep 2011
Well, it seems we got some anime original ending and not the Rewrite+ one.

At least, I prefer that ending instead of Rewrite+ one but of course nothing can beat the original one.

Redth_SA said:

Anyway what'd you think of this season and the anime overall? Wanna leave some comments about it? I mean, we've been watching this shit since almost a year ago so you gotta feel at least a tiny bit empty about it right now, no?

I just feel satisfied that this is over.

Mar 25, 2017 1:03 PM

Apr 2015
Redth_SA said:

Thank GOD (!!!) it's finally over. Never again. Not even a remake. Unless it's from White Fox with a LOT of episodes.
Mar 25, 2017 1:54 PM
Aug 2013
Redth_SA said:
If this is the Rewrite+ ending then... it suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. Original Rewrite had a pretty bittersweet ending, this one it felt like they were trying too hard to make it a happy ending and failed... I mean, yeah, it was emotional but it's pretty bad.... Ugh, and I mean, come on! Why the hell'd you skip best scenes and rush the ones you kept? Seriously?! And what about Nagai and Kotarou's parents... Why?!

How is this different from the original ending? They just added a scene that may very well have happened aligning with their focus on Kagari as the main heroine which I love as a Kagari fan I guess but it isn't illogical considering Kotarou has all his moon memories. But yeah... YEEAAAHH MAANN WHAT ABOUT THE CITY OF STONE SCEEENNEEE, when they suddenly skipped that I almost cried from disgust. And yes I do feel empty but just because my life now has a hole that will be filled just when a decent studio makes a 100 episode remake and make Rewrite the anime of the millenium, so I'll be empty forever but not without nuking 8Shit first.
Mar 25, 2017 2:04 PM

Jun 2014
Tennouji said:

At least, I prefer that ending instead of Rewrite+ one but of course nothing can beat the original one.

Wait isn't that the Rewrite+ ending? The anime one.
Mar 25, 2017 3:07 PM
Aug 2013
Thai777 said:
Tennouji said:

Rewrite Original ending: Kotarou is reborn as a familiar but doesn't remember anything at all about the girls prior to the Moon route, the Moon route or Terra route. His head is practically blank aside from a humanoid familiar's standard intelligence, the girls input orders and a vague instinctual sense of his past self. His appearance is quite different but still resembles his past self a little. He takes the girls to the moon and there they find Kagari in her plant form, what happens after they find her isn't shown but from a CG or two we see before that, she may have gone back to her human form and be with them, Kotarou may or may not remember her but Kagari most probably does. After that all is speculation.

Rewrite+ new ending: The moment Kotarou is reborn as a familiar he is greatly surprised that the five girls are in front of him, he remembers them all, including absolutely everything that happened in each of their routes, this Kotarou's memories are a combination of the memories of all the Kotarous from the branch routes, the Moon route and the Terra route. He decides to keep this hidden as the girls only have their memories of the Terra route and he'd just confuse them and decides to live a new life as their familiar. His appearance is the same as Rewrite original ending. When he tells them he can take them to the moon he says in his inner monologue that there is still one girl that isn't here and that he will go fetch her so that they can all be together. Then he acts like the leader of the Occult club and takes them to the moon. After that is all exactly the same as Original ending.

Rewrite anime ending: Well we all saw this lol... As we don't see into Kotarou's mind like in the VN we don't know if he remembers the girls or not as the lines in Rewrite original and + are mostly the same if we don't read the monologue. Everything is mostly the same until that last scene where Kagari is instantly in her human form and kisses with Kotarou. Judging by Kotarou remembering the promise then the anime probably follows more or less the same ending as the Rewrite+ one but adds that last scene, which in my opinion isn't too illogical or anything.

Hope that helps especially the people that don't know Rewrite+ ending and I hope my english didn't screw up somewhere xD
Zieg1894Mar 25, 2017 3:11 PM
Mar 25, 2017 4:20 PM

May 2010
I have to admit that speaking only about the last scene, anime one was probably my favourite lol. At least Kagari FINALLY got her ending :3 Some sweetness after rather bitter Terra sounds pretty good imo. Although I understand that for some people it's too naive or something.
Mar 25, 2017 4:30 PM
Aug 2013
Kitsu-nee said:
I have to admit that speaking only about the last scene, anime one was probably my favourite lol. At least Kagari FINALLY got her ending :3 Some sweetness after rather bitter Terra sounds pretty good imo. Although I understand that for some people it's too naive or something.

I totally get you, happy endings are always better and I really like it when they happen even if they come with a little lack of logic in the story. But in here everything can be explained so it isn't naive at all.
Mar 25, 2017 4:36 PM

May 2010
Rodielx said:
Kitsu-nee said:

I totally get you, happy endings are always better and I really like it when they happen even if they come with a little lack of logic in the story. But in here everything can be explained so it isn't naive at all.

Same here, might be why I'm such a huge Key fan, I almost always prefer happy endings, even over slightly more realistic ones :D Besides, in vn's ending they go to the damn moon, so it's not like they've changed so much, but I know there are people here who freak over EVERY LITTLE CHANGE, so I prefered to adress it, just in case :>
Mar 25, 2017 5:46 PM

Jul 2013
I would've preferred the original ending, but the R+ ending was okay for the anime I guess. I just liked the subtlety of the original ending and the sprout CG.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Mar 25, 2017 7:20 PM

Jun 2014
Rodielx said:
Thai777 said:

Rewrite Original ending: Kotarou is reborn as a familiar but doesn't remember anything at all about the girls prior to the Moon route, the Moon route or Terra route. His head is practically blank aside from a humanoid familiar's standard intelligence, the girls input orders and a vague instinctual sense of his past self. His appearance is quite different but still resembles his past self a little. He takes the girls to the moon and there they find Kagari in her plant form, what happens after they find her isn't shown but from a CG or two we see before that, she may have gone back to her human form and be with them, Kotarou may or may not remember her but Kagari most probably does. After that all is speculation.

Rewrite+ new ending: The moment Kotarou is reborn as a familiar he is greatly surprised that the five girls are in front of him, he remembers them all, including absolutely everything that happened in each of their routes, this Kotarou's memories are a combination of the memories of all the Kotarous from the branch routes, the Moon route and the Terra route. He decides to keep this hidden as the girls only have their memories of the Terra route and he'd just confuse them and decides to live a new life as their familiar. His appearance is the same as Rewrite original ending. When he tells them he can take them to the moon he says in his inner monologue that there is still one girl that isn't here and that he will go fetch her so that they can all be together. Then he acts like the leader of the Occult club and takes them to the moon. After that is all exactly the same as Original ending.

Rewrite anime ending: Well we all saw this lol... As we don't see into Kotarou's mind like in the VN we don't know if he remembers the girls or not as the lines in Rewrite original and + are mostly the same if we don't read the monologue. Everything is mostly the same until that last scene where Kagari is instantly in her human form and kisses with Kotarou. Judging by Kotarou remembering the promise then the anime probably follows more or less the same ending as the Rewrite+ one but adds that last scene, which in my opinion isn't too illogical or anything.

Hope that helps especially the people that don't know Rewrite+ ending and I hope my english didn't screw up somewhere xD

I see, I heard that the rewrite+ ending was just changing the baton pass scene and Kotarou remembering every timeline which was kind of shown(he only rememebr the anime original route?). I would still consider this the Rewrite+ ending with a prolonged end.
Mar 25, 2017 11:24 PM

Sep 2011
I wonder what Japanese watchers think on Rewrite(Both those who played the VN and just anime-only watcher). I know most of them found season 1 cancerous given the number of its BD sales but I wonder if they're now begging for a remake.

Mar 26, 2017 4:22 AM

Aug 2014
Rodielx said:
Thai777 said:

Must say, I quite like the Rewrite+ ending if that's the case. It's a bittersweet ending nonetheless, but atleast Kotarou can be with them while remembering it all.
Mar 26, 2017 4:55 AM
Jul 2018
Tennouji said:
I wonder what Japanese watchers think on Rewrite(Both those who played the VN and just anime-only watcher). I know most of them found season 1 cancerous given the number of its BD sales but I wonder if they're now begging for a remake.

I haven't seen the episode but tbh I've seen MOST of the tweets this week and yesterday with Happy Emojis... yeah it doesn't tell much since I can't speak Japanese at all. But a lot of them had either happy emojis, crying out of happiness emojis... at least for the series generally for S2. More apparent in the finale so. It may say positive note? Although some complained with a "..." but more towards showing Rewrite+'s screeny.

But you are right that S1 was disliked at the end by the Japanese reception for a lot of people, even tho others did liked it (at THAT time I used Binge translater... NEVER AGAIN)
Mar 26, 2017 5:41 AM

Sep 2011
Symphyon said:
Tennouji said:

I haven't seen the episode but tbh I've seen MOST of the tweets this week and yesterday with Happy Emojis... yeah it doesn't tell much since I can't speak Japanese at all. But a lot of them had either happy emojis, crying out of happiness emojis... at least for the series generally for S2. More apparent in the finale so. It may say positive note? Although some complained with a "..." but more towards showing Rewrite+'s screeny.

But you are right that S1 was disliked at the end by the Japanese reception for a lot of people, even tho others did liked it (at THAT time I used Binge translater... NEVER AGAIN)

Well it doesn't surprise me since that's how people usually react once the series ended.

I guess I'll just for the BD releases and that'll be a concrete proof if this season truly succeeded.

Mar 26, 2017 5:49 AM
Jul 2018
Tennouji said:
Symphyon said:

Well it doesn't surprise me since that's how people usually react once the series ended.

I guess I'll just for the BD releases and that'll be a concrete proof if this season truly succeeded.

Well we'll just have to wait and see on that and of course see how did it did on Japan.

Speaking of the BDs, BRINGING up Twitter Japan reception... a decent amount had to showed their BDs (I think the main reason as to why they did that is because of the entire Rewrite series ending so I might just assume they would miss it or something... I can't really speak for them so just getting the assumption with the emojis). I felt like I will get rather salty tbh xD Just because yeah while Rewrite S1 is inferior I admit... I wanna at least buy ONE volume to at least have it (not because I do not want to support the rest... it's because my economy is horrible xD)
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2017

182 by White_Alice »»
Dec 16, 2023 2:13 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2017

115 by phantomic109 »»
Jun 19, 2023 12:51 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2017

201 by yveltalkyogre »»
Dec 30, 2022 2:35 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2017

110 by ka7eMARU »»
Nov 5, 2022 6:10 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2017

154 by ka7eMARU »»
Nov 5, 2022 5:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.