Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Whats your Opinion about this show?

Apr 3, 2017 9:52 PM
SoL Enthusiast

Toradora is just average not the worst ever. It is just meh.
:)

Apr 3, 2017 10:18 PM

Well that's, uh, that's certainly an opinion, but if you missed why Taiga behaves the way she does or if it doesn't make sense to you that a person with her kind of childhood and family would turn out the way Taiga is at the beginning of the series, I don't know what to tell you.

As for why Ryuuji ends up loving her in the end, she made him a better person, inspired him to have more confidence in himself, spent a lot of time with him and sometimes that's all it takes for love to blossom.

Apr 3, 2017 10:22 PM

LazyPanther said:
I finally watched Toradora, against my better judgement. It was fucking awful. Guys this is just my RANT and personal opinion. If you like this show then plz understand its not a personal attack on you or your taste. Thats just how I feel about it
**SPOILERS AHEAD****
My biggest gripe with the show is the character Taiga Aisaka. She is physically and verbally abusive especially towards Ryuuji. She acts like a spoiled brat all the time treating Ryuuji like her servant. I get she is a Tsundere and all but there is a point where it transforms to FULL RAGING BITCH. The show didn't give her any redeeming qualities atleast in the beginning and by the time she started acting like a human it was too late for me to even care.
And where to start with Ryuuji. He is a nice guy but he may be a masochist. Taiga was cold, indifferent and mean towards him from the beginning. He didn't even like her in the beginning but He Cooked Meals For Her Everyday, took care of her like she is her child. Like any normal human with a shred of self respect would do that. The show didn't even try to make it believeable.
In my opinion any other girl like Minori or Ami would have been a better choice for Ryu. They had nice personalities despite their flaws and they cared for Ryu too.

I don't get why this show is so popular. In my opinion IF you take out stupid midget bitch Taiga completely out of the show, then it will become 10 times better.

MEOWMEOWOEWOWOWOWOOW

Apr 3, 2017 10:31 PM

@DoctorWasabi
True.
I was just angry at the time after finishing the show.
I know its not literally the worst.

Apr 3, 2017 10:35 PM

desseroni said:
Toradora is just average not the worst ever. It is just meh.

Yes you are right.
I didn't mean it literally though.

It was just a hyperbole

Apr 5, 2017 7:55 PM
I liked taiga, and also the other characters.

Apr 12, 2017 10:34 PM
Kaiō

LazyPanther said:
I finally watched Toradora, against my better judgement. It was fucking awful. Guys this is just my RANT and personal opinion. If you like this show then plz understand its not a personal attack on you or your taste. Thats just how I feel about it
**SPOILERS AHEAD****
My biggest gripe with the show is the character Taiga Aisaka. She is physically and verbally abusive especially towards Ryuuji. She acts like a spoiled brat all the time treating Ryuuji like her servant. I get she is a Tsundere and all but there is a point where it transforms to FULL RAGING BITCH. The show didn't give her any redeeming qualities atleast in the beginning and by the time she started acting like a human it was too late for me to even care.
And where to start with Ryuuji. He is a nice guy but he may be a masochist. Taiga was cold, indifferent and mean towards him from the beginning. He didn't even like her in the beginning but He Cooked Meals For Her Everyday, took care of her like she is her child. Like any normal human with a shred of self respect would do that. The show didn't even try to make it believeable.
In my opinion any other girl like Minori or Ami would have been a better choice for Ryu. They had nice personalities despite their flaws and they cared for Ryu too.

I don't get why this show is so popular. In my opinion IF you take out stupid midget bitch Taiga completely out of the show, then it will become 10 times better.
this is why evangelion isn't more loved by me because asuka is insufferable

Apr 22, 2017 3:11 PM
First of all go watch boku no pico and pupa.If u still think toradora is worst i got nothing to say.One of the main charms of toradora is the fact that the anime is completed(sorry SNAFU fans).The rage about taiga being abusive to Ryuji is justifiable but one must also remember she makes up for it later on.Although the story gets off track at the middle part of the series i enjoyed it.To all the haters out there-there are some people you just cant please

Apr 22, 2017 3:16 PM

GO DO A REVIEW INSTEAD AND THIS IS CERTAINLY NOT THE WORST AND THE SCORE AND FAVORITE NUMBER SPEAK FOR ITSELF AND U HAVE NO RIGHT TO CRITISIZE THE ANIME BECAUSE THE MC SUCK AND ANYWAY U CAN SEE IF U ACTUALLY SAW THE ANIME THAT TAIGA HAS A MENTAL DISORDER BECAUSE OF HER CHILDHOOD AND SHIT LIKE THAT THAT IS WHY SHE ACT THIS WAY

Apr 22, 2017 3:22 PM

Lol it ain't good, but it's nowhere close to the worst. If what you're saying is right, then it only makes sense for a masochist like Ryuuji to want to be with an abusive girl like Taiga. I mean, there's gotta be a few masochists and sadists in the world.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.

Apr 22, 2017 4:37 PM

I thought it was quite hard to watch at the beginning too because of the way Taiga acts. However it made watching her develop as a character that much more enjoyable.

Apr 30, 2017 2:03 AM

Shiiinobu said:
sound like you're just salty because your best grill didn't win .-.

This

You're saying the show is bad because of her, not necessarily because watching her is unentertaining, because the idea that someone of her character (a "full raging bitch") gets the happy ending is just unpalatable to you.

If you don't like bitches you don't have to. Doesn't mean other people aren't allowed to like them.

I'd also like to respond to the many comments along the lines of "toradora is average" or "toradora is meh". I think you guys are exaggerating by saying it's "meh", or acting snobbish. Average anime is a lot of light novel bullshit with no ending, and the same 6 girls with the same 6 hair colours and character designs forming the same harem around the same guy for the same reasons.

Toradora is definitely above average. Every character has at least more than one dimension to them. Looking at the main character alone: in an average anime he probably would have been a nice guy and that would be it. But he's not just any nice guy. He's a nice guy who everyone's scared of because he looks like a delinquent. He's a delinquent looking guy who actually loves cleaning and cooking. Boom, there it is- that's enough to make this anime above average. He's already the most unique and memorable main character in any romance anime that I can think of. It's those little ridiculous details in their character (delinquent looking nice guy, violent midget) that give the characters life and make the anime stand out.

And the anime actually has a fulfilling ending. If you ignore the fact that your best girl didn't get chosen, the ending is about as good as a romance anime can get.
Modified by Sordojohn, Apr 30, 2017 2:21 AM

May 21, 2017 4:44 PM

Stupid show with stupid characters and plot that gets me triggered everytime some dumbass calls it a masterpiece...just because it's your favourite and you bought a Taiga pillow, doesn't mean it's a good show

May 21, 2017 4:47 PM

The Best Ever - 67 Points
conclusion: you have a shit taste.

May 22, 2017 1:10 PM
originanime

To each's own I guess. I felt Taiga was one of the few tsunderes to ACTUALLY develop unlike today's standard for tsundere characters.

That being said her character is pretty hit or miss. You either like it or don't.

If anything its Taiga that is garbage, not "Toradora" as you mentioned.

Jul 9, 2017 7:04 AM
LazyPanther said:
**SPOILERS AHEAD****

Oi............ STOP SAYING BI*CH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 9, 2017 7:06 AM
Peapole are so cruel even with a non - realistic character

Aug 3, 2017 6:02 PM
It's not the worst anime of its genre, but it's still quite bad. Most character developments seem to be afterthoughts.

Imagine this scenario where a light novel author just finished his story but is almost close to his deadline. Then, he realizes he forgot that there was no character development, so he had to cram it in in a small amount of time to meet his deadline, and he had no time to think how he would develop the characters, so he just desperately and arbitrarily forced it in to his work.

I am not too sure but I think that is what happened in Toradora.

Aug 3, 2017 6:26 PM

MachRentaro said:
It's not the worst anime of its genre, but it's still quite bad. Most character developments seem to be afterthoughts.

I Agree.

MachRentaro said:

Imagine this scenario where a light novel author just finished his story but is almost close to his deadline. Then, he realizes he forgot that there was no character development, so he had to cram it in in a small amount of time to meet his deadline, and he had no time to think how he would develop the characters, so he just desperately and arbitrarily forced it in to his work.

Interesting Theory. You are onto something here Rentaro

Aug 24, 2017 8:40 AM

I'm mildly shocked at how awful this series is compared to the ludicrously high MAL rating. As much as the word "overrated" is overused, TD is one of the most extreme examples of that I've seen.

Aug 24, 2017 8:57 AM
Kotori❤Kanbe

LazyPanther said:
**SPOILERS AHEAD****

Yeah I totally agree 1/10 imo

Taiga is so annoying
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. https://discord.gg/rRn6Jy3 if u want me to face reveal ask in pm

Sep 18, 2017 4:40 AM

I know this is a pretty old post, but I have to agree on this. :/ I dropped it 12th episode and it makes me hate romance anime MORE. Fucksake.
----------------------------------------
"NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~"
NANACHI (MADE IN ABYSS), 2017

Sep 18, 2017 4:56 AM

TheDoggoneGirl said:
I dropped it 12th episode and it makes me hate romance anime MORE.

Yeah its better to drop it, bcz things don't get better at all.

I suffered though whole of it waiting for it to turn around and redeem itself, but it didn't.

Sep 18, 2017 5:04 AM

LazyPanther said:
TheDoggoneGirl said:
I dropped it 12th episode and it makes me hate romance anime MORE.

Yeah its better to drop it, bcz things don't get better at all.

I suffered though whole of it waiting for it to turn around and redeem itself, but it didn't.

I'm so angry right now. I think the only good thing that happened in that show is Kushieda's shenanigans. Lmao. Now I feel like I ate something so awful after dropping that show and I can't get rid of it, and now I'm suffering. Omfg. I was about to drop it at 11th episode, but I decided to give it another chance, but dang I wasted another 25 minutes of my life watching it. I'm so done.
"NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~"
NANACHI (MADE IN ABYSS), 2017

Sep 18, 2017 6:42 AM

i dont really like the anime that much or like it either. Im in between. No prob if Taiga ends up with any characters there lmao

Sep 18, 2017 11:06 PM
OriginANIME said:

That being said Taiga's character is pretty hit or miss. You either like it or don't.

If anything its Taiga that is garbage, not "Toradora" as you mentioned.

this!^ for me I reaaally didn't like her, if you had a shitty past you don't have to be shitty to others (example... Ryuuji).

Toradora is good, someone shared a link about an analysis, it was pretty good and I can say a lot of them were pretty valid, but it isn't a mastepiece and seeing how many people share the sentiment, I would say is pretty overrated, I would still recommend it to people who likes tsunderes (to each their own), but I would say in the same genre, Oregairu is better (Slice of Life, High School, Romance, Comedy, about growing up and facades).

senjougaharafag said:

this is why evangelion isn't more loved by me because asuka is insufferable

tsunderes really are a hit or miss.

Sep 24, 2017 10:04 AM

fuck you with your opinion

Sep 24, 2017 3:09 PM

alvinozthadr said:
fuck you with your opinion

Wow! what a well thought out and intelligent response.
I expect nothing less from a Toradora fan.

Sep 24, 2017 3:22 PM
Does Taiga even hit Ryuuji that much? I never got this impression, tbh. The few scenes I remember were only played for laughs.
Modified by AmMar-Sama, Sep 24, 2017 3:25 PM

Sep 24, 2017 3:42 PM

AmMar-Sama said:
Does Taiga even hit Ryuuji that much? I never got this impression, tbh.

I watched it a long time ago, so I don't remember exactly.
But I think it was fairly common even in the later episodes.

It would have been fine if it was first 2-3 episodes of violence, then it could have been funny.
Nothing in Taiga's actions or words suggested she even cared for ryouji until much later. It makes you think why is he hanging around then.

I normally have no issue with Tsunderes but creators went a little too far.
Imagine if genders were reversed

Sep 24, 2017 4:16 PM
LazyPanther said:
AmMar-Sama said:
Does Taiga even hit Ryuuji that much? I never got this impression, tbh.

I watched it a long time ago, so I don't remember exactly.
But I think it was fairly common even in the later episodes.

It would have been fine if it was first 2-3 episodes of violence, then it could have been funny.
Nothing in Taiga's actions or words suggested she even cared for ryouji until much later. It makes you think why is he hanging around then.

I normally have no issue with Tsunderes but creators went a little too far.
Imagine if genders were reversed

I'm pretty sure it was established from early on that both cared for each other very much. Taiga seemed really happy when she was called by her first name at the end of episode 2, for example. There is also a shot two episodes later showing Ryuuji opening the door of her apartment - which suggests that he is trusted enough to be allowed to freely enter and carry a copy of the keys around.
Those are some of the few things I remember, but I'm confident there's a lot more.

I dunno, but nothing felt "too far" to me. Their relationship looked okay.
Modified by AmMar-Sama, Sep 24, 2017 4:41 PM

Sep 24, 2017 4:34 PM

@AmMar-Sama

Sure there were some positive elements about Taiga's character shown briefly in episodes.
But the things returned to status-quo in the next episode.
In my opinion real change in her character occured too late for me to care.

On a separate note, In Bakemonogatari
The character of Senjougahara is my favorite.
She is not some cliched Tsundere.
Despite saying some really mean things while also admitting to love the MC.

For me Senjougahara is an example of Tsundere done right.

While Taiga just come off as a violent psychopath. Having a difficult past is not a justification for being a terrible person.

That being said, I also understand that you have a different opinion about Taiga.
And your argument has weight too

Sep 24, 2017 4:57 PM
@LazyPanther
Meh, I don't really agree. Taiga's change was gradual, not a sudden switch like you seem to perceive it. I remember picking up a lot of subtle hints and obvious signs as I went along. The fact that she hits Ryuuji every once in a while does not equate to returning things to the status quo. It's just part of her personality, and I don't feel like it needs a ''justification'' or anything of the sort. I think you're exaggerating - she isn't that bad.
But hey, maybe your view has weight as well. I have watched Toradora like three years ago, so I'm not sure.

Also, Gahara-san isn't even a tsundere. She just ironically acts like one.

Oct 1, 2017 10:00 AM
Tbh...yea... I thought Taiga was really really annoying and bitchy. I would’ve enjoyed the show if there was a nicer character to replace Taiga.

Oct 17, 2017 10:09 AM

Deknijff said:
LazyPanther said:
I get she is a Tsundere and all but there is a point where it transforms to FULL RAGING BITCH
hey man if you don't like the show you don't like the show and thats fine but Taiga is not a tsundere
yes she acts violent but thats not enough to make you a tsundere
plus the one she was always attacking wasn't even the one she liked from the start. She mostly attacked only Ryuuji who'm she didn't even have feelings for at first
people seem to forget that she was in love with Yuusaku who she always acted nice to and would calm down when he was close by

she even liked him so much she would stalk him and take pictures of him

now I'm sure some of you are going to bring up how she did this after falling in love with Ryuuji

but saying she is a tsundere alone for that is as foolish as saying Ayase is a yandere because of that one comedic scene

i don't think she ever loved Kitamura that way, i think it wasn't more then childish crush or admiration that she mixed up with love, u know sometimes it happens with ppl they think they are in love with that person & later discover they just admired that person & they really love some1 else

Oct 17, 2017 10:14 AM

@OneNaughtyBear

this picture of Ryuuji & Taiga in ur profile, Ryuuji looks way to old (who draw it) lol

Oct 17, 2017 10:16 AM

Filthy_Pleb said:
Taiga's behavior irked me when I started watching but as the show continued and detailed her character I grew more attached to her.

It feels like she wants to be good with others but can't always cope with reality because of her terrible childhood and don't realize when she treats people like shit (And then recognizes she's been wrong and apologize more often than not).

To me,they shaped a character worthy of attention and love. I don't think I would have enjoyed the show nearly as much without her. Wouldn't have it been boring ?

+10
at the beginning she was bit irritating, but i started to like her as well

i gave the anime 8/10
Modified by Sugram22, Oct 17, 2017 10:57 AM

Oct 17, 2017 10:17 AM

I'm just nodding while reading OP's rant

Taiga was obnoxious and she caused me ear damage in multiple occasions

Ami and Minori deserved better. I generally enjoyed the animu regardless. On a side note, Ami = best grill
Marie Antoinette is a JoJo

Oct 17, 2017 10:46 AM

@Sugram22

I have to agree with that tangent, everyone stating Ayase is a yandere just went with ONE scene from a gag episode, and ran harder than Rick and Morty fan's did with Szechuan sauce.

To be fair, Ayase is fairly yandere enough to kill Kyousuke in the visual novel dating sim, but I have to consider the date of whether or not it rode the yandere tide, or gave strength to it.

Oct 17, 2017 4:11 PM
Time killer

Cladocera said:
TuyNOM said:
I find Toradora very basic and very cliché. It's déjà vu and copy/paste to many other series like romantic comedies.
Sorry bring you back after such a long time, but how come Toradora, a 2008 TV show based on a 2006 LN, can be "déjà vu and copy/paste" of Oregairu, a 2013 TV show based on a 2011 LN?

No problem !
I didn't say that Toradora copied OreGairu but OreGairu seemed more interesting than Toradora in the same genre. Toradora seems very cliché when I compare it to OreGairu, that's all. (And Toradora probably copied other school-life released before)

Oct 17, 2017 4:14 PM

I don't like the romance in it. Although, I do think the characters in it were pretty well-developed/fleshed out. Personally, that's why I liked it.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 17, 2017 4:20 PM
Nana Deviluke❤️

TuyNOM said:
Cladocera said:
Sorry bring you back after such a long time, but how come Toradora, a 2008 TV show based on a 2006 LN, can be "déjà vu and copy/paste" of Oregairu, a 2013 TV show based on a 2011 LN?
No problem !
I didn't say that Toradora copied OreGairu but OreGairu seemed more interesting than Toradora in the same genre. Toradora seems very cliché when I compare it to OreGairu, that's all. (And Toradora probably copied other school-life released before)
nothing is truly original so saying something is cliche or common isn't really a critic but more so just a fact
but if you need something about 2 characters who have a major height difference who don't like each other at first but then end up together we have this
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2034/Lovely_Complex
SNAFU not original either but I'm drawing a blank on a direct comparison
Modified by Deknijff, Oct 17, 2017 4:24 PM

Oct 20, 2017 5:29 AM
Time killer

@Cladocera @Deknijff

I agree with what you say but I can't see what makes Toradora so different from others. Maybe if I had seen the show when I didn't know much about anime, it wouldn't have bothered me. But Toradora failed to deliver me a unique impression. (It's more of a jumble of clichés than I've seen in other school-life)

5/10 for me, not more.

Thanks for the rec' :D

Oct 20, 2017 5:39 AM
</overrated>

It's been years since I watched it. And I intend to do a rewatch but it seemed fine, like it wasn't the best but it was endearing and the two mc actually had chemistry that built over time. Even back when I was 15 do I remember stating that the ending where they run away was quite teenage melodrama but they are teenagers and shit so it made sense.

7/10 > One of the best JC Staff has made in the 2000's so.

Oct 21, 2017 10:07 AM

The worst thing about anime is that the most developed character(ami) just gets ignored at the end

Oct 24, 2017 11:56 PM

@Sugram22

Im getting the felling the OP actually never finished the show(despite his list saying he has,) if he thinks she goes from trusndere to worse when she actually gets progressively better through out the series much like the rest of the characters.

and i would argue that shes not even a tsundere but just antisocial due to a neglected childhood which was a major plot point in the show that some how all the haters missed >_>
"There are two people here in the world, those who soak up abuse, and then abuse others. And those who soak up abuse, and then try to stop others from being abused."

Oct 25, 2017 12:23 AM

hazarddex said:
@Sugram22

Im getting the felling the OP actually never finished the show(despite his list saying he has,) if he thinks she goes from trusndere to worse when she actually gets progressively better through out the series much like the rest of the characters.

and i would argue that shes not even a tsundere but just antisocial due to a neglected childhood which was a major plot point in the show that some how all the haters missed >_>

maybe, but the way she acted did look like typical tsundere what i have seen in meany other anime's

i don't hate tsundere char, also i am just saying how it looks like
i didn't hate even Louise from familiar of zero & she was a lot worse then Taiga with her Tsunderer side cause she is a lot more violent

if some ppl dislike her at first i underhand it cause they don't know all about her yet (ofc some are more cautious & think maybe there is a reason she acts so mean & wont hate her, they are W8 to know more & some jump the gun from the beginning & start to hate), but yes i think that to that the hate till the end is due ppl not paying enough attention
Modified by Sugram22, Oct 25, 2017 12:29 AM

Nov 1, 2017 10:08 AM
Her character never bothered me, probably because I was able to more easily accept her for how she's written in this type of genre. She might have been a little much at first, but I adjusted. I'm thankful for that, since this is one of my favorite shows, despite the rather sub-par finish (the last episode was anticlimactic and not well-conceived from a story standpoint).

Her attitude also doesn't feel random or aimless. It's just a more heightened version of traits we find in a lot of people like that, and it makes sense with her family life, and her inability to process jealous very well.

Nov 1, 2017 10:30 AM
Underworld J0ker

Fuck Taiga, Minori best girl.

Nov 1, 2017 11:25 AM

The story of the show is too edgy for me and repetitive , can't understand how it got a good popularity =_=

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »