Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Whats your Opinion about this show?

Jan 13, 2017 7:02 PM

I finally watched Toradora, against my better judgement. It was fucking awful. Guys this is just my RANT and personal opinion. If you like this show then plz understand its not a personal attack on you or your taste. Thats just how I feel about it
**SPOILERS AHEAD****
My biggest gripe with the show is the character Taiga Aisaka. She is physically and verbally abusive especially towards Ryuuji. She acts like a spoiled brat all the time treating Ryuuji like her servant. I get she is a Tsundere and all but there is a point where it transforms to FULL RAGING BITCH. The show didn't give her any redeeming qualities atleast in the beginning and by the time she started acting like a human it was too late for me to even care.
And where to start with Ryuuji. He is a nice guy but he may be a masochist. Taiga was cold, indifferent and mean towards him from the beginning. He didn't even like her in the beginning but He Cooked Meals For Her Everyday, took care of her like she is her child. Like any normal human with a shred of self respect would do that. The show didn't even try to make it believeable.
In my opinion any other girl like Minori or Ami would have been a better choice for Ryu. They had nice personalities despite their flaws and they cared for Ryu too.

I don't get why this show is so popular. In my opinion IF you take out stupid midget bitch Taiga completely out of the show, then it will become 10 times better.
Modified by LazyPanther, Jan 22, 2017 10:33 AM

Jan 13, 2017 7:22 PM

go write a review instead of doing this garbage. Also toradora isnt even close to being the worst in the slightest, there are dramatically worse romance shows ithat make TD's mediocrity look Shakespearean.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 13, 2017 7:28 PM

Jizzy. Im not saying its literally the worst. I am just disappointed in the way of execution. They show wasted so much opportunities of being better. I honestly expected to get better it never did. SO it made me mad

I was just venting my anger

Jan 17, 2017 4:36 PM
Time killer

I honestly agree with you.
I find Toradora very basic and very cliché. It's déjà vu and copy/paste to many other series like romantic comedies.

I recommend you instead "Yahari ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru". You will have characters more developed and interesting. Try some episodes at least before you drop.

Otherwise there is Hyouka, Haruhi Suzumiya (+ supernatural for the latter) in the same genre.

Jan 17, 2017 5:09 PM

LazyPanther said:
I finally watched Toradora, against my better judgement. It was fucking awful. Guys this is just my RANT and personal opinion. If you like this show then plz understand its not a personal attack on you or your taste. Thats just how I feel about it
**SPOILERS AHEAD****
My biggest gripe with the show is the character Taiga Aisaka. She is physically and verbally abusive especially towards Ryuuji. She acts like a spoiled brat all the time treating Ryuuji like her servant. I get she is a Tsundere and all but there is a point where it transforms to FULL RAGING BITCH. The show didn't give her any redeeming qualities atleast in the beginning and by the time she started acting like a human it was too late for me to even care.
And where to start with Ryuuji. He is a nice guy but he may be a masochist. Taiga was cold, indifferent and mean towards him from the beginning. He didn't even like her in the beginning but He Cooked Meals For Her Everyday, took care of her like she is her child. Like any normal human with a shred of self respect would do that. The show didn't even try to make it believeable.
In my opinion any other girl like Minori or Ami would have been a better choice for Ryu. They had nice personalities despite their flaws and they cared for Ryu too.

I don't get why this show is so popular. In my opinion IF you take out stupid midget bitch Taiga completely out of the show, then it will become 10 times better.

I liked her. She caught me off guard in the beginning, but I loved her cause she was short and feisty like me. In order to compensate for size, small dogs bark profusely. I always think of Taiga in this way.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 17, 2017 6:19 PM

sound like you're just salty because your best grill didn't win .-.

Jan 17, 2017 6:32 PM

I agree! Not even Kugimiya Rei could save it good lord.

Jan 17, 2017 6:36 PM

buthurt fag about his favorite girl not being choosen number 1000000000001 of this series
and it is not like anyone would disagree about ami greatness and she would make a way better main character but desliking the show just because of taiga being an obnoxious tsundere is a little too much

Jan 17, 2017 7:03 PM

I didn't care which girl gets chosen at the end. But for your main love interest there needs to be some character development in the right direction.

I don't mind Tsundere either but Taiga remained in bitch mode 99% of the time and the remaining 1% of the time she wasn't all that great either. So I didn't care.

The thing that made me furious was how this show is ranked as Top Romance anime among lists while being completely devoid of romance

Jan 17, 2017 7:13 PM

_Poochyena_ said:
LazyPanther said:
**SPOILERS AHEAD****

I liked her. She caught me off guard in the beginning, but I loved her cause she was short and feisty like me. In order to compensate for size, small dogs bark profusely. I always think of Taiga in this way.

Thanks for your mature response otherwise most people get angry. Sorry i dont know how to use the quote function properly yet

Jan 17, 2017 7:15 PM

TuyNOM said:
I honestly agree with you.
I find Toradora very basic and very cliché. It's déjà vu and copy/paste to many other series like romantic comedies.

I recommend you instead "Yahari ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru". You will have characters more developed and interesting. Try some episodes at least before you drop.

Otherwise there is Hyouka, Haruhi Suzumiya (+ supernatural for the latter) in the same genre.

Thanks . SNAFU is on my to watch list

Jan 17, 2017 7:21 PM
Nana Deviluke❤️

LazyPanther said:
I get she is a Tsundere and all but there is a point where it transforms to FULL RAGING BITCH
hey man if you don't like the show you don't like the show and thats fine but Taiga is not a tsundere
yes she acts violent but thats not enough to make you a tsundere
plus the one she was always attacking wasn't even the one she liked from the start. She mostly attacked only Ryuuji who'm she didn't even have feelings for at first
people seem to forget that she was in love with Yuusaku who she always acted nice to and would calm down when he was close by

she even liked him so much she would stalk him and take pictures of him

now I'm sure some of you are going to bring up how she did this after falling in love with Ryuuji

but saying she is a tsundere alone for that is as foolish as saying Ayase is a yandere because of that one comedic scene

Jan 17, 2017 7:23 PM

@Shiiinobu @gabrielrroiz
LazyPanther said:
I didn't care which girl gets chosen at the end. But for your main love interest there needs to be some character development in the right direction.

I don't mind Tsundere either but Taiga remained in bitch mode 99% of the time and the remaining 1% of the time she wasn't all that great either. So I didn't care.

The thing that made me furious was how this show is ranked as Top Romance anime among lists while being completely devoid of romance

Jan 17, 2017 7:31 PM

@Deknijff
Thanks for your well thought out and elaborate response.
I don't have a problem with her being a Tsundere or not.

I just didn't find her character likeable at all. Show creators had so many opportunities to make her likeable at so many points but it didnt happen.

Again thanks for the response. Most people get angry if you say something bad about their favorite show

Jan 17, 2017 7:39 PM
Nana Deviluke❤️

LazyPanther said:
@Deknijff
Thanks for your well thought out and elaborate response.
I don't have a problem with her being a Tsundere or not.

I just didn't find her character likeable at all. Show creators had so many opportunities to make her likeable at so many points but it didnt happen.

Again thanks for the response. Most people get angry if you say something bad about their favorite show
no problem man
well I feel you not everyone can like the same things and if people don't like Taiga its pretty easy to see as to why just like how its easy to see how some people do like her. Comes down to perspective and preference

Jan 18, 2017 1:52 AM

Deknijff said:
LazyPanther said:
I get she is a Tsundere and all but there is a point where it transforms to FULL RAGING BITCH
hey man if you don't like the show you don't like the show and thats fine but Taiga is not a tsundere
plus the one she was always attacking wasn't even the one she liked from the start. She mostly attacked only Ryuuji who'm she didn't even have feelings for at first
people seem to forget that she was in love with Yuusaku who she always acted nice to and would calm down when he was close by

now I'm sure some of you are going to bring up how she did this after falling in love with Ryuuji

but saying she is a tsundere alone for that is as foolish as saying Ayase is a yandere because of that one comedic scene

What are you talking about? Taiga is a tsundere. She's the perfect embodiment of the stereotype. Even after she fell in love with Ryuuji, she still treated him like shit. Just because she was kind to one guy doesn't absolve her of the way she treated Ryu. Because after all, she loved him too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 18, 2017 2:01 AM

@_Poochyena_
Tsunderes fail at expressing their feelings towards the one they love, Taiga does not.

Jan 18, 2017 2:10 AM

^ this. Same happened to me. It's true that she was violent but it was nice to see for once, because honestly I'm kind of tired of how they represent short girls in such a bad way. Most of the times they're the "adorable, cute, scared lil' girl who loves lollipops". But Taiga was feisty and everyone treated her with respect despite her height. And plus, I think her development was good, at least in my opinion.

Jan 18, 2017 9:02 AM
Nana Deviluke❤️

_Poochyena_ said:
Deknijff said:

What are you talking about? Taiga is a tsundere. She's the perfect embodiment of the stereotype. Even after she fell in love with Ryuuji, she still treated him like shit. Just because she was kind to one guy doesn't absolve her of the way she treated Ryu. Because after all, she loved him too.
eh no she did not love 2 guys at the same time
and after she feel in love with him she started to treat him nicely and like a fellow human being
she isn't like Louise who beats the shit out the person she is currently in love with

Jan 18, 2017 9:46 PM

*Looks at thread title*
*Reads OP's post*
*Looks at profile picture*
*Looks at favorite anime*
*Looks at favorite characters*
*Looks at fan art in "About me" section of profile*

LazyPanther said:
@Deknijff
Fuck yeah im angry (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

JizzyHitler said:
go write a review instead of doing this garbage. Also toradora isnt even close to being the worst in the slightest, there are dramatically worse romance shows ithat make TD's mediocrity look Shakespearean.
This

Shiiinobu said:
sound like you're just salty because your best grill didn't win .-.
And this. (Though im super happy for Taiga, I would've been fine with Ami or Minori winning, as long as Taiga found happiness too <3. I just love all the characters so much

Modified by OneNaughtyBear, Jan 18, 2017 9:56 PM

Jan 19, 2017 1:37 AM

@OneNaughtyBear Yeah I can see why you are angry.

But you took the time to look at my profile. So I did the same. Stiens Gate and Planetes are your favorites

So we can Agree on some things too :P

Jan 19, 2017 8:54 AM

LazyPanther said:
@OneNaughtyBear Yeah I can see why you are angry.

But you took the time to look at my profile. So I did the same. Stiens Gate and Planetes are your favorites

So we can Agree on some things too :P
I actually didn't look at your profile at first. I was referring to my own. My profile is full of Toradora so I was triggered hard xD. And I original went into full keyboard warrior mode calling you a shit taste pleb but then I liked at your profile and couldn't say you had shit taste :/.

Jan 19, 2017 9:56 AM

Can't word it better myself but here you go: https://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=769730

this user pretty much nailed it.

Jan 19, 2017 9:12 PM

I didn't like any part of the show tbh but Taiga was definitely the worst part of it.

Jan 21, 2017 6:44 PM

No way it's avrage at wrost.İ think you have to like main character to enjoy series like toradora and shounen animes otherwise its only going to be annoying.Still that doesn't mean anime is bad

Jan 22, 2017 5:05 AM
Well if you don't get why toradora is considered to be a really good romantic comedy there are plenty of reviews and analytical videos discussing this on youtube. But I guess your point with this post was to have an actual diskussion about the show.

Jan 22, 2017 9:48 AM

AssembledTwo said:
But I guess your point with this post was to have an actual diskussion about the show.

Yes exactly my point was to start a discussion and get some counter arguments from others

Jan 22, 2017 9:50 AM

only the presence of taiga is enough to change a masterpiece to 1/10

Jan 22, 2017 9:52 AM

RetardedHyena said:
No way it's avrage at wrost.

True its not objectively the worst. But subjectively speaking, No other show has made me more Furious than this

Jan 22, 2017 9:53 AM

You said:
Can't word it better myself but here you go: https://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=769730

this user pretty much nailed it.

I like this video better

Jan 22, 2017 9:55 AM

tragedydesu said:
only the presence of taiga is enough to change a masterpiece to 1/10

My thoughts exactly. If you took Taiga out Or made her less insufferable, then this show could have been great

Jan 22, 2017 9:56 AM

Taiga's behavior irked me when I started watching but as the show continued and detailed her character I grew more attached to her.

It feels like she wants to be good with others but can't always cope with reality because of her terrible childhood and don't realize when she treats people like shit (And then recognizes she's been wrong and apologize more often than not).

To me,they shaped a character worthy of attention and love. I don't think I would have enjoyed the show nearly as much without her. Wouldn't have it been boring ?

Jan 22, 2017 10:08 AM
Nana Deviluke❤️

@LazyPanther
is there a chance to add the option of I like it but Ive seen better to the poll?
because of the 5 Rie Kugimiya wonders it comes in 4th place for me

Jan 22, 2017 10:13 AM

Filthy_Pleb said:
Taiga's behavior irked me when I started watching but as the show continued and detailed her character I grew more attached to her.

To me, that's a character worthy of attention and love. I don't think I would have enjoyed the show nearly as much without her. Wouldn't have it been boring ?

Yes I know the whole point of the show was to have a short fiesty rude girl as the main romantic lead and I am fine with it. This was something new in this genre (atleast to me).

But what i didn't like was she remained the same difficult, angry, rude, ungrateful child throughout with may be a glimpse of something good occasionally, only to be reset immediately to the previous terrible self.
I don't want the main romantic lead to "show shred of decency sometime". I want her to be likeable enough for me to root for her.

Jan 22, 2017 10:22 AM

Deknijff said:
@LazyPanther
is there a chance to add the option of I like it but Ive seen better to the poll?

I don't know if a poll option can be added afterwards (This is my 1st poll creation).

But I agree there should have been an extra option like you suggested

Jan 22, 2017 10:27 AM

LazyPanther said:
I don't want the main romantic lead to "show shred of decency sometime". I want her to be likeable enough for me to root for her.

I understand. There's some shows in which I just can't connect to the MC I'm supposed to like. To each his own I guess !

Jan 22, 2017 10:29 AM
Nana Deviluke❤️

LazyPanther said:
Deknijff said:
@LazyPanther
I don't know if a poll option can be added afterwards (This is my 1st poll creation).
But I agree there should have been an extra option like you suggested
if you press the edit button on your first post you'll see you can add more to the poll under the message of text

Jan 22, 2017 10:36 AM

@Deknijff

So I added an extra option to the poll like you suggested

Jan 22, 2017 10:39 AM
Nana Deviluke❤️

LazyPanther said:
@Deknijff
So I added an extra option to the poll like you suggested
thanks man
I was having a hard time deciding on what to pick when none of the options were true to my feelings of the show so I appreciate you adding it

Jan 22, 2017 10:42 AM

I thought it was pretty damn boring.

It wasn't terrible, but none of it interested me either.

Jan 27, 2017 5:17 AM

I watched this back then years ago. (I think it was when it aired.) The chars are nothing exceptional. Personally I didn't like them because hardcore-tsundere + making her look small/loli ... not my taste. And the guy also wasn't to my taste (char design/face).

As for the story/plot: It clearly shows how love stories should NOT be done and it felt like the prolonged it on purpose to be able to sell more DVDs/BDs later. I watched a lot of it to get a good impression but I still dropped it ... around episode 10-12 I think.

This was one of the shows that made me drop earlier - especially if 2 cour are announced and I feel the pacing is too slow/not to my taste early (watching 2-3 episodes at max). Usually I notice this for boring shoujo romance only (Kaichoui wa Maid-sama and Kimi no Todoke where I botch watched 5-10 episodes if I remember correctly - until dropping them.)

I wouldn't say it's super bad. But it certainly is overrated and my vote in the poll here was for "meh". (If I had too much free time and no other better stuff to do/watch I might even watch it completely.)

Jan 27, 2017 5:20 AM

ami is indeed, the best girl
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)

Jan 27, 2017 7:23 AM

The only thing bad about Toradora is Ryuuji. The rest of the main cast are all well thought out characters and indeed Ami is the best girl in the series.

Jan 27, 2017 10:37 AM

Toradora isn't without its flaws (it's rather long-winded, Ryuuji has no personality, it draws on every cliche in the book, and what on earth was up with that elopement?), but it had some rather sweet moments that managed to carry it. It's far from the worst -- it's not even the most overrated show in the genre (looking at you, Angel Beats).

Jan 30, 2017 6:45 PM

For fakes sake. I can't even visit the Toradora page without being triggered now...

Jan 30, 2017 7:50 PM

Nope it was amazing. I mean the kiss scene alone is better than many romance oriented shows I've watched.

Feb 19, 2017 9:18 AM
I actually really liked this anime. I think Taiga's and Ryuuji's actions do actually make a ton of sense when you consider their personalities and upbringing. Whether or not you consider Taiga to be technically tsundere, doesn't change the fact that she is actively trying to push away someone who is earnestly attempting to improve her quality of life. She does this because she's been hurt so many times in the past by people close to her that she can't stand the thought of letting someone else inside. Minori is an exception because she's been around from the start and is almost always too busy to truly come in and effect changes in a meaningful way. Kitamura is an exception because she already shot him down and he gave up and moved on to someone else. Therefore, Taiga couldn't have him anymore and, paraphrased from her own words, gradually started noticing and loving him more and more. In many ways Ryuuji is the father Taiga never had, as well as the friend she always wanted. It only makes sense that she would shove him away and form such an intense bond with Ryuuji early on even if it wasn't necessarily romantic love for either of them at first.

Ryuuji on the other hand is the opposite, having always had to support and care for his childish and practically invalid mother (during the day at least), he grew up with a strong affinity for helping others. Because he has no friends except for Kitamura, who like Minori is extremely busy, his only basis for getting people to like him is to physically help them out. To ignore someone in need just reminds him of how far downhill his mother's life went after she had him. He was basically taking care of his mother all over again. Pretty typical depressed reactions if you ask me, especially latching on to an abusive/ neglectful friend.

That being said there were things that annoyed me. Every characters' indecisiveness was frustrating and made the story seem drawn out and boring at times, leading to many scenes where I was like, "Just say how you feel, for the love of Satan!" I also disliked the Japanese viewpoint on abuse/ neglect wherein you have to make amends with and love and respect abusive/ neglectful parents by virtue that they are your parents. That's one step away from the annoying Christian concept of forgiving everyone else for everything. But I digress; I also felt the two surprises (your dad's not dead, and you do have grandparents, and that Minori always loved Ryuuji) to be kind of stupid. It didn't fit Minori's character at all and just made his mom look even worse. I thouht that Taiga leaving to patch things up with her family was beyond stupid as well.

But in the end, I still really liked the show, and I didn't really mind who he ended up with.

Mar 7, 2017 12:08 AM
Alright bare with me here I've never been the kind to reply or post because I find it pointless to have debates and discussions with people who rend to upset me with their opinion but you the way you belatedly disrespected taiga as you did peaked my interest and forced my hand. alright now here's what I want you to understand this anime is slice of life so understand that this is supposed to relate to you hence the fact it may be cliché. its about how the two leads went to pursue love interest they never really knew or understood. taiga and ryuuji eventually became couple because of what they went through together, ryuuji took care of her because that was who he was as a character and he knew she had no one else to do that is that not believable do people not adopt children for that reason is that not relatable? He shouldered all her angry and violence because he cared for he knowing she didn't really have anyone. It wasn't until 3/4 into the show she realized what she put him through and what he meant to her. the to spent so much time together they developed feelings for each other not like they did with minori and kitamura who the two barely knew. I'm sorry if haven't went through the same life experiences to relate to something so relatable but don't go trashing characters and anime the way you did because of it

Apr 3, 2017 5:39 AM

Taiga is actually my favourite anime girl. I love how she gets development and turns into a much more likable character at the end of it, at least for me.

Apr 3, 2017 9:27 PM
SAO> Toradora
>kek

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »