Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 13, 2017 9:31 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The more I listen to the OP song, the more I'm starting to like it.

Bon was rather amusing to watch this episode haha. This is pretty much where the arc begins as we meet Bon and his family. I think the pacing feels fine so far as we got to know more Bon's family and Kyoto. Ao Hojo got introduced as well with her sisters.(on the promo poster).

Decent episode overall, I think at this rate, I'm pretty confident that the season will be faithful this time. The background storytelling has been effective so far imo. Unlike the crappy anime filler from season 1
Jan 13, 2017 9:39 AM

Nov 2007
Is that pink hair guy's brother or something? He's making the pink hair guy embarrassed or something. Meeting other family members in Kyoto and tending the hurts.

Drunk monk is father of delinquent-looking and passionate guy... Currently in awkward situation that runs away after talking to Nobu's character.

3 snake users?

2nd half starting with 3 Kyoto guys when young, and when the father and son were in good terms.

Poor pink hair guy. First one to open up to Nobu's character, because he was drunk.

Awkward situation just because he wants to be exorcist and father, who quit, not allowed...

26:40 next. Finding out betrayer?!
tsubasaloverJan 13, 2017 9:42 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 13, 2017 11:11 AM

Nov 2015
Ok episode. We got to see Bon's family. Next episode should be interesting.

Jan 13, 2017 11:15 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This OP song is pretty good man and same for the ED...Not as epic as the first ones for S1 but still great

As for the episode, getting more characterization for Ryuji, Konekomaru and Shima as well as some backstory for them and their temple was a real treat and I thoroughly enjoyed it all

I especially liked the scenes with Ryuji's dad and Rin and then with Ryuji and then the scene with Rin and Shima all of which were pretty emotion filled if you ask me....But even so, it's still pretty sad to see everyone shun Rin like that :(

The new characters seem interesting with Shima's dad and the bald dude with the same mark as those white haired triplet bitches looking pretty suspect to me.....I wonder who the spy truly is (Part of me thinks that it could even be Ryuji's dad even) - And I'm guessing that the blonde dude is Shima's brother? (Or a second older brother to be more specific)

Overall, great episode with the ending leaving me wondering how those guys that Yukio and co. found ended up how they did as well as to see how shit is gonna get real now that the evil dude from episode 1 is trying to get things in motion

P.S. Drunk Rin is awesome xD and how cute is Shiemi this season >.<
Jan 13, 2017 11:18 AM

May 2015
Hmm, good episode. Not much happened, but the backstories and interactions were good and interesting. I absolutely love the ED! Can't wait for the next episode.

Jan 13, 2017 11:18 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Very good setup episode.

So i would assume that there is a traitor amongst the whole group in that area judging from the villain speaking at the end. I would not be surprised if that ends up to be Bon's father. He was depicted in a pretty sketchy way in some scenes.

Shima has been a real treat so far in this season, he makes up so easily with Rin. Cool convo he had with the drunk man ;D
Jan 13, 2017 11:19 AM

Jul 2014
A lot more focus on Ryuji this week, but that was all balanced excellently with Rin's gradual reconciliation efforts and the stuff to do with the Impure King's Eyes. Should be interesting to see how all these threads start to intertwine and connect, as will surely happen in due course.
Jan 13, 2017 11:31 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode, we're still setting up the arc. I read the manga upto the point this episode adapted and I'm glad to say that the adaptation has been faithful to this point.

Izumo teasing Bon as a Bon-Bon was really funny. xD
Also Kuro is awesome, I love his little comments that he says from time to time.

Really liked the conversation between Rin and Bon's dad. :)

Rin only wants to help everyone but people still treating him to cautiously, His classmates still haven't gotten over his Satan lineage. :(

Rin and Shima making up was the best part of this episode, I was smiling throughout that conversation. I'm glad that Shima accepted that avoiding him would only be a bigger hassle and that he can't stop himself from talking normally. Drunk Rin was awesome too, Poor Shura didn't get her beer though. XD

Bon's backstory was also presented in this episode, sad that he couldn't stand people losing faith in their clan and disparaging his father which ultimately led to that argument. I hope he reconciles with his father soon, he sure did love watching his dad do his prayers. :(

That ending though, what exactly have Yukio and his team stumbled upon? :o
Jan 13, 2017 11:37 AM

Aug 2016
I still cannot get over the fact that they are leaving Rin alone in tbe bus, and that they didn't let him help the injuries ones. This is annoying me so much, you have no idea, how is he supposed to show people he wants to help if they dont give him a chance?

I was glad that Shima finally stopped avoiding Rin and the ends of the episode just got me more curious!!
Jan 13, 2017 11:48 AM

Dec 2015
Ryuji's mom lol. Mamushi is as hot as I remember. I loved Rin's Personal Coolness rankings, he has himself ranked 4the haha. Great ep!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jan 13, 2017 11:51 AM

Feb 2016
the ED is LIT AF, pretty catchy (haven't heard that much endings this season) the episode overall was good, that cliffhanger tho
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jan 13, 2017 11:52 AM

Feb 2013
I liked seeing Bon that embarrassed when they greated him.
Jan 13, 2017 12:02 PM

Jan 2015
Finally best girl Mamushi is here!

So far adaptation is very good and faithful which makes me really happy because I want to see this arc in it's full glory as an anime. Im pleased to say that things are going in the right direction.

Good Job A1! Have a cookie!
If I remember correctly either in the next or 2 episodes from now things will get interesting :3
Jan 13, 2017 12:32 PM

May 2016
The OP and ED were great!

This was a great setup episode plus we kinda get a bit of background on Bon

Jan 13, 2017 12:48 PM

Aug 2016
Oh my god. Drunk Rin. Now I've seen it all x)
Jan 13, 2017 12:52 PM

Apr 2011
Sheiemi is the worst I hope Rin ends up with Izumo
Jan 13, 2017 12:57 PM

Jan 2015
Hikarusuke said:
I'd say something but this would be a spoiler from manga and I don't like aggrieving people :/
Jan 13, 2017 1:01 PM

Nov 2014
Shima is def my fav cha now. The first one to accept Rin. Even Shiomi is avoiding him. Main female my a$$!
tsubasalover said:
Is that pink hair guy's brother or something? He's making the pink hair guy embarrassed or something. Meeting other family members in Kyoto and tending the hurts.

yes that's his brother. when he introduced himself he said his name is shima kinzou.
Zinzoo said:
Hikarusuke said:
I'd say something but this would be a spoiler from manga and I don't like aggrieving people :/

izumo belongs to shima... Shiomi belongs to yukio
Jan 13, 2017 1:06 PM

Jan 2015
ttcchen said:
Shima is def my fav cha now. The first one to accept Rin. Even Shiomi is avoiding him. Main female my a$$!
tsubasalover said:

yes that's his brother. when he introduced himself he said his name is shima kinzou.
Zinzoo said:

What's more the guy with bronze hair who fought with Mamushi (snake girl) is also his brother - Juzo Shima. They have quite big family xD

So you gonna leave main protagonist alone? :C Thats rough
Jan 13, 2017 1:10 PM

Nov 2014
Zinzoo said:
ttcchen said:

What's more the guy with bronze hair who fought with Mamushi (snake girl) is also his brother - Juzo Shima. They have quite big family xD

uhhh he can start a harem with everyone ;)
Jan 13, 2017 1:20 PM

Jan 2015
ttcchen said:
Zinzoo said:

I like the way you think
Jan 13, 2017 1:52 PM

Dec 2016
I am in LOVE with the OP! The ED is pretty forgettable tho...

Not much action in this episode, but I promise the next one will!

In the manga, the flashback about Bon coming to the Cram School is a bit longer but I don't really mind the length they have it in the anime.
Jan 13, 2017 2:23 PM

Dec 2012
Wow feels weird watching this episode, so many things I didn't know because I only watched the previous anime. Was quite taken back when they used hand signals for jutsu, in the preview there is the same pattern of mageyko sharingan, now I get why the manga is said to be similar to Naruto.

Really good episode. Compared to the previous anime the conflict between Rin and the other guys seemed to be resolved without going in much detail on Bon and other's lives. I watched it recently but did Shima really have that big of a reaction to Rin being son of satan in the other anime, I could have sworn she was the only one was remained Rin friend?

Zinzoo said:

So far adaptation is very good and faithful which makes me really happy because I want to see this arc in it's full glory as an anime. Im pleased to say that things are going in the right direction.

If I remember correctly either in the next or 2 episodes from now things will get interesting :3

If you remember can you tell me where is this arc omitted from the previous anime? like the timeline of events.
Jan 13, 2017 2:41 PM

Jan 2015
tsudecimo said:
Wow feels weird watching this episode, so many things I didn't know because I only watched the previous anime. Was quite taken back when they used hand signals for jutsu, in the preview there is the same pattern of mageyko sharingan, now I get why the manga is said to be similar to Naruto.

Really good episode. Compared to the previous anime the conflict between Rin and the other guys seemed to be resolved without going in much detail on Bon and other's lives. I watched it recently but did Shima really have that big of a reaction to Rin being son of satan in the other anime, I could have sworn she was the only one was remained Rin friend?

Zinzoo said:

If you remember can you tell me where is this arc omitted from the previous anime? like the timeline of events.
Season 1 was actually good adaptation up to fight with Amaimon and everyone finding out who Rin is.

Although not everything was on point because this is the place where S1 went anime original.

In manga it was like this:
-Amaimon vs Rin fight
-Angel takes Rin to trial
-Here, first of all Amaimon didn't invade the place because he still sits in that cuckoo clock of Mephisto and Rin wasn't in the big blue crystal
When trial ends Rin returns to the dormitory and The Impure King arc begins just like in this anime
Jan 13, 2017 3:03 PM

Nov 2014
Zinzoo said:
ttcchen said:
I like the way you think

You're not the only one.
Jan 13, 2017 3:04 PM

Aug 2016
Great development and sick ED; really loving this series so far.
Jan 13, 2017 3:41 PM

Oct 2013
Haha they all got drunk. Overall, there was a lot of good development in this episode.
Jan 13, 2017 3:43 PM

Dec 2016
ttcchen said:
Zinzoo said:
I like the way you think

You're not the only one.

I also do not want to spoil the manga...
but no matter how annoying I find Shiemi, I still ship her with Rin
Jan 13, 2017 3:59 PM

Feb 2013
Wow that ending theme was pretty lame and generic. Didn't even have anything to do with the content specific to this arc. A shame since the two made for the 2011 series were great.
Jan 13, 2017 4:01 PM

Nov 2014
Yatori1116 said:
ttcchen said:

You're not the only one.

but the manga make her seem like a side character...while izumo is the main...
Jan 13, 2017 4:04 PM

Jul 2013
I was wondering during all the episode why Ryuji and Rin suddenly became drunk, and it was because Shura mixed the beers with the juice. Lmao.

It was nice see more of the background of Ryuji, Konekomaru and Shima (especially taking in mind their past was briefly explored in the previous series). Especially happy to see more of Ryuji, since he is one of my fav characters of the series and he deserves some protagonism.

We are also introduced to some new characters (Ryuji's parents, Shima's fathers and brothers, the bald dude and his daughters...) and Ryuji's dad seems like a cool dude. Definetely want to know more about him and the reasons behind his actions.

Shima must be the biggest bro of the series, he also decided to be in good terms with Rin. I saw that coming considering how easygoing he is, but god for him. On another note, I didn't remember he dyed his hair pink. That took me by surprise.

Looks like Toudou has an spy infiltrated in the sect and has implanted the eyes of the Impure King in himself. I don't think the spy will be Ryuji's dad. I mean, true he seems suspicious, but I don't think it would be that obvious...

Not much happened, but I still enjoyed the episode. It felt so short :(
ED was okay.
Jan 13, 2017 4:12 PM

Dec 2016
ttcchen said:
Yatori1116 said:

Shiemi may seem like a side character, but I don't think Izumo will end up with Rin at the end. I think the manga has been focusing on Izumo a lot recently because of that one arc, and we may see an arc in the future that involves Shiemi more. That might make her look more like a main character.
Jan 13, 2017 4:40 PM

Jan 2008
Was so interested in the last episode, I re-watched the properly adapted parts of the first anime and read the rest of the arc. Not much happening right now but it's adapting quite well now.

I always wonder what kind of alcoholic beverage they drink in anime to get into those kind of moments. I mean it's not exactly difficult to differentiate the taste of beer to juice.
Jan 13, 2017 6:12 PM
Apr 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
Good episode, we're still setting up the arc. I read the manga upto the point this episode adapted and I'm glad to say that the adaptation has been faithful to this point.

Izumo teasing Bon as a Bon-Bon was really funny. xD
Also Kuro is awesome, I love his little comments that he says from time to time.

Really liked the conversation between Rin and Bon's dad. :)

Rin only wants to help everyone but people still treating him to cautiously, His classmates still haven't gotten over his Satan lineage. :(

Rin and Shima making up was the best part of this episode, I was smiling throughout that conversation. I'm glad that Shima accepted that avoiding him would only be a bigger hassle and that he can't stop himself from talking normally. Drunk Rin was awesome too, Poor Shura didn't get her beer though. XD

Bon's backstory was also presented in this episode, sad that he couldn't stand people losing faith in their clan and disparaging his father which ultimately led to that argument. I hope he reconciles with his father soon, he sure did love watching his dad do his prayers. :(

That ending though, what exactly have Yukio and his team stumbled upon? :o

It hasn't been completely faithful to the manga the skipped a really funny scene in the bullet train :(
Jan 13, 2017 7:11 PM
Oct 2016
Too many discussion talking about plot development issues.

First off, I like filler episodes.
Second, this episode had filler moments, not filler as a whole.
The Bon story was great for character development which hit the feels. I can relate because I know how hard it feels to choose one's own future.

But I can see the purpose of this episode was to change the character plot in order for Rin to be friends with the others again. Great story, love how the juice and alcohol drink got mixed up.
Jan 13, 2017 7:20 PM

Sep 2011
I quite dig episodes like this of characters in a relatively low stress environment even though most would consider it a slow ep.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 13, 2017 7:26 PM

Dec 2014
exodvs said:
Lelouch0202 said:

It hasn't been completely faithful to the manga the skipped a really funny scene in the bullet train :(

Well it doesn't really have to be a complete panel by panel adaptation, this is still better than what happened with S1.
Jan 13, 2017 7:40 PM

Apr 2015
The ending has a sort of a nostalgic tone to it. Reminds me of Fairy Tail ending? I guess.

Also in the ending, I see 'J.C Staff' being mentioned. Anyone care to explain what that represents.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2017 7:47 PM

Jan 2013
Fairly slow and calm episode.
Some important character background I wasn't interested in.
Jan 13, 2017 7:53 PM

Dec 2013
It's amazing how fast some people can get drunk.
Jan 13, 2017 8:04 PM

Jun 2014
More of a focus on Ryuji, Koneko, and Shima's backstories in this episode, along with Ryuji's own personal issues. I really liked how Shima got over his fear of Rin, now he and Izumo are the only ones so far who have enough sense to realize that Rin being Satan's son =/= him being a threat.

Other than that, nothing else really notable happened in this episode other than that ominous part at the end.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 13, 2017 9:56 PM

Sep 2016
The pacing is good because we don't want it to go too fast and skip any important things like backstory or character introductions from this Arc.
Rin and Shima chatting was nice and Rin getting drunk was the best! XD
I can't tell whether I like this OP and ED more than the second half of the first season's one. They're all good in my opinion!
Jan 13, 2017 10:09 PM

Nov 2014
Yatori1116 said:
ttcchen said:

Shiemi may seem like a side character, but I don't think Izumo will end up with Rin at the end. I think the manga has been focusing on Izumo a lot recently because of that one arc, and we may see an arc in the future that involves Shiemi more. That might make her look more like a main character.
theres zero chance izumo will end up with rin. but with shima? 99.99999....%
Jan 13, 2017 10:37 PM

Oct 2011
OMFG <333 OP and ED song AHHH

Flashback with Bon T___T
Rin Drunk <3333. Shima bonding with Rin T___T
Shiemi stop avoiding Rin T______T
OMG @ the end
Jan 13, 2017 10:46 PM

Jan 2016
Good episode. Pretty character centric episode. Really enjoyed seeing more of the characters.

Jan 14, 2017 1:57 AM

Oct 2015
weebna said:
I still cannot get over the fact that they are leaving Rin alone in tbe bus, and that they didn't let him help the injuries ones. This is annoying me so much, you have no idea, how is he supposed to show people he wants to help if they dont give him a chance?

I was glad that Shima finally stopped avoiding Rin and the ends of the episode just got me more curious!!

totally agree why the hell they are avoiding him? he the biggest idiot trying to patch things up
Jan 14, 2017 3:40 AM

Dec 2015
ttcchen said:
Yatori1116 said:

I'd say it's actually pretty much the opposite; while Izumo recently had her big arc and some few moments sprinkled in between the other arcs; Shiemi's character development and relationship to the Okumura brothers has always been a constant element.

Also most recently there are many hints pointing towards her receiving more main character treatment (possibly development of more fighting abilites since that conversation with her mother) and
and her

Izumo'll probably only get more focus again when it comes tp
Jan 14, 2017 4:30 AM

Jul 2016
A gloomy episode indeed, although we got some funny meeting of Rin and the others with the people of the temple, but well there's still the gloomy atmosphere.

Those snake girls are gorgeous and Shiemi looks cuter here.

Rin still on his way to patch up things, atleast he's now okay with Shima, lol that cool list off paging him xD

Katrix_ said:
weebna said:

totally agree why the hell they are avoiding him? he the biggest idiot trying to patch things up

yeah it look like she's being an idiot, although we can't just say that she has no apparent reason for avoiding Rin. I think, he's sympathizing with Bon, Koneko and Shima, the victims of blue night, by also avoiding Rin, just like what the three are doing, but also she's much worried with Rin, considering its a big burden for him. By judging on what she said on flashback of first episode, when Rin was funnily talking to explain things out, Shiemi talk back that there's nothing funny on their situation. She's not being someone who doesn't care on the happenings but she's just worried with her friends.
cronoSpirAJan 14, 2017 4:50 AM
Jan 14, 2017 4:34 AM

Jan 2015
Jacksnapp said:
ttcchen said:

I'd say it's actually pretty much the opposite; while Izumo recently had her big arc and some few moments sprinkled in between the other arcs; Shiemi's character development and relationship to the Okumura brothers has always been a constant element.

Also most recently there are many hints pointing towards her receiving more main character treatment (possibly development of more fighting abilites since that conversation with her mother) and
and her

Alsob probably next arc
Jan 14, 2017 4:42 AM

Dec 2015
Zinzoo said:
Jacksnapp said:

and her

Alsob probably next arc

Yeah I was referring to that by fighting ability

Well one way or another, just by going by the other main characters and their respective arcs, Shiemi's time in the spotlight should be coming soon :)
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2017

85 by ningerundayo »»
Apr 7, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

156 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 19, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2017

92 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 19, 2:22 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2017

77 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 19, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2017

51 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 19, 11:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.