Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2017 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Feels like pacing slowed down a bit.

I still find this show to be pretty meh so far. We got training of the 5th Force so to me, this was more or less a buildup and transition episode. I guess it was somewhat important to show what a daily life for these fighters at the academy.

Their school doesn't look too different from normal ones if you don't count the technology.
Stark700Jan 13, 2017 9:33 AM
Jan 13, 2017 8:38 AM

Apr 2010
Honestly the part with the puppet show was funny it was so crowded with all the girls being together like that.
Their training was effective but it seems they still have a way to go.
I thought this was better as the previous episode.
Jan 13, 2017 9:09 AM

Apr 2015
First drop of the Season.
This is as dull as Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou.
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
Jan 13, 2017 10:24 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
this is so cute ^^

i love these all female anime... ain't no male character to take screen time away from the beautiful schoolgirls<3
Jan 13, 2017 12:04 PM

Oct 2012
Very cute but would love to see the narrative pick up. Seems like the whole show was authored in a corporate meeting.
Jan 13, 2017 12:06 PM

Jun 2015
Seeing the girls training to get stronger was nice. It paid off when they defeated a O'bli. The puppet show was funny.
Jan 13, 2017 12:12 PM

Nov 2015
Pacing is weird. The episode somehow felt long.

Jan 13, 2017 1:30 PM

Aug 2016
This is starting to get very boring, I hope it starts getting better next episode...
Nanika ga Okashii
Jan 13, 2017 5:41 PM

May 2015
That was a pretty short, but good fight to be honest.

Jan 13, 2017 6:12 PM

Dec 2016
Now that was a much better episode, I really liked the character development and seeing them training and working hard.

Good to see it all paid off in the end.

Japan has the best food. There is this place I go to in Brisbane which serves awesome bento boxes.

I also liked that old school Final Fantasy adventure type ending.
Jan 13, 2017 6:35 PM

Dec 2014
Miracle said:
Why are their transformation scenes so dark? It's hard to see and looks bad. Nice to see they succeeded on their own this time.

To prevent people from having epileptic seizures. (Thanks to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denn%C5%8D_Senshi_Porygon)

Pretty boring episode. Man... guess this is going to my first drop of the season too.

I also wanted to add that the music when they transform and head out reminds me a lot of Pokemon Battle Revolution

IceOfDarknessJan 13, 2017 7:27 PM
Jan 14, 2017 1:29 AM

Jun 2013
well that was really boring
Jan 14, 2017 3:15 AM

Apr 2012
Goddamn I love that ED
all those final fantasy references
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jan 14, 2017 4:42 AM

May 2010
Show is junk...yet I don't find it boring?
Jan 14, 2017 11:03 AM

Oct 2011
This show is decent with surprisngly great animation.
Also, I must know the name of that part of the OST that is playing when all the girls give the presents, it almost sounds like the Wii Menu Screen tune.

Forum icon by Yandere

Jan 14, 2017 5:47 PM

Mar 2009
Show is incredibly boring. Training in the 2nd episode already? lol
Jan 14, 2017 9:37 PM
Oct 2015
Training session seemed to be pure fan service. Conversation at night after the montage seemed at least a little bit meaningful, guess it works as character develop for the main.

I find this pretty charming. Pointless scene of the girls having a table full of sweets, the absurdity of the whole puppet show thing was pretty funny - this stuff makes me smile.

Action scene wasn't as visually interesting as the one at the beginning of episode 1. I'll probably stick with the series through the end of the season tho, this voice cast is bound to do SOMETHING that's at least a little bit worth my while, and there'll probably be at least one more good action scene.
Jan 15, 2017 2:29 AM

Jul 2012
I'm still on the fence for this anime. It looks to have potential but the pacing seems bad.

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

Jan 15, 2017 5:40 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So the team is down because they have yet to score their first victory
despite having an enemy right in front of them

Well they are still new so it will take some time before they can take the enemy on on their own so in the meantime they should really keep training

Hmm so they get points for taking part in operations and doing their duties eh
Tsubame seems reluctant to thanking her sempais though
Its understandable that she wants to prove herself and her team as well i guess
But with that level of training they just aren't ready yet

Nice to see that the rest of the team also picks this up as well
Tsubame is too hung up on her responsibilities as a leader then eh

Lol so they went shopping for food then eh
well a party is always a good thing to have if someone is down
and it will be good for Tsubame as well
lol thats a pretty long name for the party

Satoka really likes to eat eh
lol Satoka and her love for curry bread
Io is the more level headed of the group eh

Nice to see that Tsubame realized that the team needed more training
in order to build cohesion and teamwork
lol Mana worrying about gaining muscle
Lol so each of the girl have their own thoughts on training eh

Well a fitness regimen is always a good start to training
hmm so Yuumi is a pretty good cook eh
Lol Mana
But bonding is also another thing that they should be worried about as well

Hmm well as a athlete Io would know more about fitness than anyone on the team
Learning to use proper tactics is always a good thing for new teams

Hmm using dolls and a board to plan out tactics eh
smart thinking indeed
Lol a puppet show eh

Not the best simulation but the fact that they thought of using one to work out their positions is a good sign that the team is serious

Hmm so their training not only made them stronger but also gave them new weapons eh

Nice to see that their ad hoc plan when executed carefully resulted in them successfully defeating the enemy.
With good teamwork and tactics even a new team will be able to fight well on the field.
Lol well swimming is a good way to train your stamina

A good episode actually

While its too soon to tell where the story is headed so far watching the Tsubame try to make her team more effective and efficient was nice to see. With a new team there's always the danger that they don't fight well as a team and not use any form of tactics which is what they did in their first battle. Its nice to see that Tsubame is not just a pretty face and realizes that they need to use formations and tactics to win. Some of the team members did surprise me in this episode with Io being smarter than i thought and Yuumi being a good cook lol. Mana is of course the comic relief of the team.

Im glad that the team was able to defeat the enemy by making use of the tactic and formation that they developed rather quickly.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2017 11:36 PM
Dec 2014
Anyone else noticed that on the striker power chart screen (when Tsubame was looking other team on the computer), Io is close to maxing every category, and only one other girl amongst all the teams can rival that?

Some spoiler free observation of the anime vs game:
- Quite a bit of music used is taken right out of the game.
- The weapon upgrade shown in the anime is actually a pretty major one in game.
- The special training in the anime is quite different.
- The reason Tsubame ended up leader is also rather different.
- The swimming suit (with the hiragana name tag) also exist in the game, and is probably the most disliked costume in the game (I don't think that there is a single girl that likes it).

I am probably going to continue to follow this anime -only- because I play the game quite a bit and am curious about how they will continue to develop it and spot the easter eggs, but if not for that, I probably would've dropped it. I think that we can clearly see this is not heading towards epic-ness but a bit of run-off-the-mill mahou shoujo (BTW, in the game, they forgo the long transformation sequence). That, and I am still waiting for my favourite character to make her debut, though minus her interaction with the player character, might not be nearly as entertaining as in the game.

BTW, minor in-game spoiler:
AxBattlerJan 15, 2017 11:42 PM
Jan 17, 2017 11:31 AM

Dec 2012
This fight was nice coordinated, they didn't train for nothing. I hope the story will became more interesting than just seeing them fight one mob each episode
Jan 21, 2017 6:12 AM

Nov 2011
I would say, that was not inferior or superior to the previous one, just like the anime series, no one can expect a lot. Narratively, it is bland rhythm and it's not very exciting: it seems that things happen by magic, oh well! The drawing and animation, are not a bad quality, even if the part I like most, are the backgrounds and prop designs. Really pretty and catchy the ending, the names used are pretty wacky, but original.
Jan 21, 2017 11:44 AM

Aug 2016
This episode was crap. This team seems so useless, honestly.
Jan 23, 2017 1:13 AM
Mar 2012
Fight scene had good framing & action, no crazy cam. But the rest kinda too slow & boring.
osts nice tho
Jan 25, 2017 6:36 PM

Oct 2008
That was a bit stylish fight with their strategy executed very well.
May fave team is Coconut Vega but they're all hot & erotic 2 piece swimsuit outfits!
4/5.

Jan 28, 2017 6:51 PM

Feb 2013
Cute PJs.

They won (yay), but a bit too quick. New weapons. I guess they leveled up.
Feb 2, 2017 9:44 AM

Apr 2014
was a great ep imo i liked that they already started training and building as a team

and the battle was really nice already showing results of their training
"one step at a time"
Feb 4, 2017 2:51 AM

Jul 2009
I believe I have a fave girl already, the volley ball girl. I wonder why their team have different clothes styles when the other have all the same clothes but with different colors...
Feb 7, 2017 12:55 PM

Dec 2011
Love how Yuumi kept moving the puppet's mouth long after the puppet show collapsed. Best thing about this episode.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jun 11, 2021 6:09 AM

Feb 2020
All the hard training really paid off. The girls have become stronger and better fighters. Good job!

I love that cat. =^_^=

Also, very cute ED.

SerafosDec 9, 2023 10:41 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Schoolgirl Strikers: Animation Channel Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2017

37 by Destroyer31 »»
Aug 15, 2023 8:06 AM

Poll: » Schoolgirl Strikers: Animation Channel Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

17 by Serafos »»
Jun 11, 2021 2:01 PM

Poll: » Schoolgirl Strikers: Animation Channel Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2017

18 by Serafos »»
Jun 11, 2021 1:33 PM

Poll: » Schoolgirl Strikers: Animation Channel Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2017

12 by Serafos »»
Jun 11, 2021 12:49 PM

Poll: » Schoolgirl Strikers: Animation Channel Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2017

13 by Serafos »»
Jun 11, 2021 12:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.