Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Saga of Tanya the Evil (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Jan 24, 2017 8:52 AM

Dec 2009
It's been so freaking long since I've been so pumped up after watching anime! I love it, I honestly love this show, I just hope it'll keep it's level of awesomeness , and they won't make main character into goody two shoes later on.
Jan 24, 2017 11:21 AM

Dec 2014
Would have preferred if this was just episode 1. Was it like this in the LN?

And wth was that ending
Jan 26, 2017 12:40 AM

Aug 2012
The moment she went insane was awesome.

Overlord in the background was cool
Jan 26, 2017 4:11 AM
Jul 2015
Takuan_Soho said:
LegendSky said:
the main concept of the story is about an atheist salary man fighting against god and this in itself is absurd.

And didn't you find it interesting that God sounded very much like a tired salaryman complaining about his job and blaming other people - i.e. just like the guy that was fired? Have no idea if the series will ever address that (it is not in the first novel), but I get the feeling it

its adressed in the novel and current anime episode

its not easy to make 7 billion people to be faithful, but isn't he just adding the problem from 6.999.999.999 people to 10 billion (considering 1923 is where human population is on 3 billion) just to fix 1 person

and if you read the novel, this god thingy have other plans for our protagonist, by the end of 1st novel from skythewood TL, i wonder how tanya & salaryman-kun persona works
Jan 28, 2017 6:43 PM

Sep 2010
One really shouldn't judge anime just on one episode alone.

I remember watching the first episode in my "full let's watch it all winter 2017" and while it was decent enough, when I saw the second episode pop up, I didn't feel like watching it at all.

However today I decided to do the clean up of the series I decided to give a chance later on and wow, this surely was a surprise.

My initial simple impression of military action magic storyline with crazy loli, suddenly turned into resurrection story with interesting MC who follows his own set of rules that he came up with following his rational thinking. Sure maybe not everything he arrived at was truly rational but I sure appreciate characters that will take their time to think about themselves and the world they are in. In RE: series in particular there is nothing more than I like than MC who will take his time to analyse the situation he arrived at.

Suddenly this series got so much more appeal to me. There was some good world bulding and more importantly we learned why MC was taking part in a war despite being 10 years old girl. Learning that it wasn't just for sake it because "cute little girls + anything = something to make anime about" but rather having a episode long narration of how that happened and why is it believable... COOL!!!

In any case, my only question for this series right now is... WHY WASN'T THIS THE FIRST EPISODE???
Jan 28, 2017 9:12 PM

Feb 2013
Ahh, so the magic-psycho-loli is the salary man. It all makes sense now.
Jan 30, 2017 1:26 AM

Nov 2014
this shit is crazy and i love that

Jan 30, 2017 7:33 PM

Oct 2008
Oh My Unholy God! for me this is the AOTS after watching episode 2!
Dat godly MYTH & ROID OP!!!
everything was epic! even the execution of the OST!
the first part of this show I was a bit confused and I thought is this the correct Youjo Senki that I'm watching?! but it seems that he was reincarnated from modern world to the old skul world, In form of a little girl who is acts totally evil!
5/5!!!

Jan 31, 2017 4:41 AM

Jul 2007
LUL @ flying skis on the enemies
Feb 9, 2017 12:34 AM

Oct 2015
That freaking end was 10/10 haha, Tanya is a fucking beast, love her sadistic and crazy side.
Feb 12, 2017 5:55 AM
May 2016
The first part made me question if I was watching the right anime lol.Sadly it felt better than the second part.
Feb 20, 2017 5:07 AM

Dec 2014
I actually liked that this was the 2nd episode. The first left a good impression and this one showed the background.

I'm loving Tanya! The way she had to make it look like she did something in order to get awarded lol.

The ending song is pretty catchy too. Looking forward to more of this psycho.

I have small reviews for almost ALL anime I've seen. Unlike any regular MAL page you've seen.

Ever wondering what I've watched and what I think about it? Check my List out below!

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Iam_Jermaine
Mar 1, 2017 10:50 AM

Jul 2009
So Tanya is the reincarnation of a future guy...hm, interesting...
Mar 4, 2017 4:13 PM
Apr 2014
Ok her background makes this hilarious. A HR employee getting reincarnated as little girl in a different world and just going insane in a perfect way? Add nice battle choreography and decent animation and this might have a lot of potential.

Usually I'd have a problem with Yuuki Aoi's crazy voice used for a young girl (usually they only look young but aren't actually. like owari no seraph and one punch man) but considering that guy was probably in his thirties before he was reincarnated it fits into the pattern. I honestly expected it to be the same as usual so I was a bit confused when everybody was talking about how young she is and there was absolutely no denial in any way. Now I know why.
Apr 7, 2017 2:30 AM

Apr 2015
The scene at the end tho. Tanya while wearing the dress creeps me out more than normal Tanya.

Ed is average, I want to see the op.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Apr 7, 2017 11:40 AM

May 2012
This anime's pacing absolutely amazing! Really impressive backstory and character development to be honest, really loving this series a lot more after this episode! Looking forward to see what's next.
Apr 16, 2017 8:00 AM

Jun 2012
I came into this show blind, didn't read synopsis or anything and this episode completely mind fucked me. I thought I misclicked to another show. I thought it was just going to be a generic, linear, wwll-esq, bloodbathe of a show
Apr 26, 2017 3:40 AM

Aug 2012
Well that solved my major issue from the last episode and allowed me to fully divorce the reality of Germany in this time period and the fictional version presented. Very happy about that as it was bothering me more than I thought it would. I'm totally on board now.

May 21, 2017 10:19 AM

May 2013
LOOOLLLLL, so that's why she claimed to be a salaryman in the first episode hahhahahaa xD this is entertaining
Jul 17, 2017 10:11 PM

Jul 2013
Alright now it makes sense why an adorable kid like that would be that ruthless. I wonder though if there are other people on that world who're like her that got reincarnated as a different person. That would be really interesting.
Jul 26, 2017 12:13 AM

May 2016
Damn the divine timestop and coversation with Being X was way more impressive than I remembered way back when I first watched it a few months ago. Immersing yourself in the atmosphere really is important~ I can't believe I didn't notice the Overlord reference before xD

The philosophy of modern society letting go of the concept of God due to self-sufficient modern technology and only clinging to it when they have nothing to lose was really well presented here~

It's funny that even if she's a 9 year old cadet from the early 20th century, she still considers everything as a business deal because of her previous life xD 6 kills, self destructing and getting a medal on yer first job is quite a feat lol

Aug 8, 2017 10:15 PM

Mar 2015
Awesome episode, so we learn Tanya's background and find out she's basically a smart salaryman with a second chance!

Interesting and unique premise for a reborn/redo kind of anime!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 18, 2017 7:16 AM

Jun 2016
Holy shit. There's an Overlord ad there at the train station. Lmao.

So, Tanya was a man in her past life and he/she was killed by that guy he fired, then she reincarnated as a girl? Hihi. That's so cute and what an interesting backstory, maaan. I loved that scene at the train. At least, we get to know more of Tanya and I think I love her more now!

At 9 years old, she's already an instructor and a soldier. Slay, Tanya! Haha.

"I wonder if there's a child protection agency I could talk to..." Pfffft. Oh, Tanya. And when she's wearing that dress and had makeup on. I lost it then she talked like a moe. Lmao.

Shit. I didn't know they're gonna play the OP as the ED in this episode. FINALLY! I really loved that song and discovered it on YouTube, one of the many reasons why I decided to watch this show. <3

Dope episode. :D

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 14, 2018 6:10 PM

Mar 2015
Oh my God. That's amazing. They actually made a "reincarnation" story actually relevant.

The salaryman who is always listening to the upper people's order and keep doing it as a psycho loli. He's also the guy who had everything in the present world and rejected God.

The animation is also superb! The eyes of Tanya, the craziness in her eyes are just amazing. Totally love how Tanya was asking for child protection service.... and lol who's that loli at the end?! Definitely not my Tanya!

Feb 27, 2018 11:24 AM

Jan 2013
I love combination of magic and WWII aesthetics of this show. Action scenes were really well animated, and overall this series nails it visuals.
Mar 13, 2018 12:16 AM

May 2016
Okay, wasn’t expecting her to be a reincarnated dude. Does that make her a trap? Hmm
Mar 14, 2018 7:47 AM
Feb 2009
Reshiram_IX said:
Okay, wasn’t expecting her to be a reincarnated dude. Does that make her a trap? Hmm

We'll as Tanya isn't cute so maybe not?
May 27, 2018 7:47 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Lol, I had put this on hold since first episode aired, just came back, already had heard that the MC past was this complicated, but seeing it unfold was really something.

Episode 2 really took me for a ride, this will be very amusing indeed. I m expecting Tanya's development to be top notch since "he" has such a setting himseld and all.
Oct 28, 2018 3:45 PM

Nov 2016
Very cool episode, that's how you start a reincarnated in another world story. it's the 2nd episode, tho, but you get what I mean

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 4, 2019 2:42 PM

Jun 2015
well holy crap its a sort of loli with a mans soul?
Mar 17, 2019 5:03 AM

Jul 2009
Tanya's monologues are fairly entertaining. The story still hasn't hook me yet, so I'm hoping that'll change soon enough.
Apr 9, 2019 6:30 PM

Aug 2018
Damn if she’s no a real badass. I’m glad her former self got wasted, what a prick.
Jun 4, 2019 10:27 AM

Apr 2018
So it's about a guy reincarnated to be tiny hitler girl, huh? I LIKE IT
Jun 7, 2019 5:12 PM

Jun 2009
kinda pathetic, kinda sad, kinda hilarious how serious this show takes itself.
Jun 8, 2019 12:17 AM

Apr 2013
Tyestor said:

TBF I've never seen a novel that takes itself as pathetically seriously as Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu, and I've read a shit ton of novels. That's your favourite show apparently, so it should be right your alley?
Jun 8, 2019 1:12 AM

Jun 2009
Zefyris said:
Tyestor said:

TBF I've never seen a novel that takes itself as pathetically seriously as Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu, and I've read a shit ton of novels. That's your favourite show apparently, so it should be right your alley?

A B S O L U T E L Y

S E E T H I N G
Jun 8, 2019 4:32 AM

Apr 2013
Tyestor said:
Zefyris said:

A B S O L U T E L Y

S E E T H I N G

I'm not sure you know what that means tbh.
Oh btw, if you think this story takes itself seriously; don't miss the end credit scenes, and pay attention to some names in the series~
Jul 5, 2019 5:57 AM

Apr 2009
Rejecting God or maybe just a higher power manifesting itself at the very cusp of his death, this dude has the balls of steel I will never have in real life!

I saw an Overlord promotion poster! XD Nice.

I think she could have wiped out the entire enemy company if she put her mind into it, it's just she's playing it safe for now. That is an exceptional career woman in there!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Sep 7, 2019 7:51 PM

Apr 2014
Ahh we finally get into how she reincarnated. This was way more amusing from what I remember compared to the Manga and LN. Being X is portrayed as a more malicious but still almighty being. Almost all Isekai plotline are being in the line of Go Against God or something in the line of that. This series takes that theme up to 11. I like this portrayal more though

The design of Tanya and others are not as good as LN and Manga which is a disappointment, but from what I heard this is a new anime studio and the action are pretty decent from that I see thus far
Sep 18, 2019 5:51 AM
Jun 2013
ah so he was a dick as a dude in his universe. I mean how are you shocked you got murdered after doing that hell i'm sure he has plenty of enemies. It was not a question of if he would've been killed by someone but when. Also the camera spots were a bit odd. It seems like they were trying to hide his face, but they showed it pretty clearly a few times. I will say I loved this guy and his first convo with being X and how he got put in a crappy universe cause of his own dumb arrogant ass.
Sep 18, 2019 10:50 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
"I wonder if there's a Child Agency I could talk to" xD.

Superb episode!

An insightful backstory into 'her' former salaryman life and sure enough she hasn't changed one bit. Always thinking of promotions and the shortest route to get there (which hilariously failed and is most likely going to make things worse xD) and at the same time resisting to believe in the existence of God. Brilliant how the whole encounter played out, really loved the direction of the whole scene!

As expected of one slave to the rules and respective duties, she's bloody harsh yikes. Can't blame the soldiers there for underestimating her on first glance nor when they completely lost their sh!t. Got to say, that poor soldier really dug his own grave there with that needless comment during her introduction.

Anyway, moving on, what a tense battle that was but that was an even crazier plan on her part. Good thing she somehow just about managed to survive. Final moments after the late-Op was top-notch, it's your duty indeed Tanya lol.

Another thing to share: I just love the choices for the Voice Actor/Actress, it really gets that cynical and sometimes comical from Yuuki Aoi's bit vibe across brilliantly!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 26, 2019 1:49 PM

Sep 2016
Oh, only MC females have weird eyes.

And cannons did recoil when shooting. They remembered this time.
bruh
Dec 4, 2019 11:01 AM

Oct 2013
Tanya's previous life's philosophy (and the current one as well) reminded me of that meme with neckbeard wearing a fedora and saying how much he is enlightened for being an atheist, lol.

"Being X" trolling was dank. If Tanya thought in her previous life that faith is for weak and poor, then a superior being, probably God himself, chose to incarnate Tanya's essence into feeble girl living in poverty without family in a world with of Great War longer than it lasted in Tanya's original realm.

The animation was great, I must say.
Feb 6, 2020 6:15 PM

Mar 2010
Holy shit this was incredibly entertaining, out ManLoli Is the true waifu we all need! no homo
They should have started the series with this episode, what a episode.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 31, 2020 9:57 AM

Mar 2020
Thought i downloaded the wrong show for a second there lol
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Apr 1, 2020 11:21 AM
Dec 2014
I don't know how to feel about the concept of the anime
Jun 14, 2020 7:50 PM

Aug 2019
lmao that was a really good prologue i wont life, liked the explanation a lot.
Explains so much about Tanya's twisted personality via her previous life and the miscommunication with this so called "being x" led her to be unfortunately reincarnated.
Interested to see if there was any reason she got to keep her (i guess?) previous consciousness? Cus she made some pretty good life choices with the situation she was in (war driven world of big class divide) going straight to the military, for a nine year old as well xD
ahhhh im loving this series, the ending theme song isn't half bad. Gives me evil villain vibes which i guess accurately with Tanya
Dec 3, 2020 8:16 PM

May 2020
Really interesting isekai with crazy MC
Mar 14, 2021 8:43 AM

Apr 2013
So a Japanese salaryman got reincarnated by god into an alternative world during WW1 because he had no faith in him. Pretty weird setting, not gonna lie. Somehow I still enjoyed the first two episodes though, maybe because it reminded me a lot of Overlord, which seems to be related to this anime somehow. Opening sounds quite overlordish as well with the same singer, the ending is completely weird though, especially with those German words lol
Apr 29, 2021 10:43 PM
Jul 2018
Re-watching
Haha! Tanya's first mission and she was already awarded the Silver Wings badge.

The enemy mages thought that the artillery observer (Tanya) was easy to defeat, they underestimated her!

The ending was cute, she tried her best to smile and owoes.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

147 by Phixiately »»
Yesterday, 9:38 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2017

175 by Phixiately »»
Apr 17, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2017

186 by Phixiately »»
Apr 16, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2017

141 by Phixiately »»
Apr 15, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2017

290 by suyumanda »»
Apr 10, 12:25 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.