3It was OK
6.3%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
3.1%
Average 4.5
64 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2010 8:12 AM

Jan 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well that really sucked. Can't believe he actually died because he thought Kayuki would hesitate. I guess everything can't have a happy ending.

Mar 17, 2010 3:15 AM

Jul 2007
:[
All the mods fucking blow on this website except Kaiserpingvin, Cloudy-Sky, Baman and aero. PM me if you're actually good and I left you out.

Oh, rule 8...

( ̄ー ̄)
Mar 17, 2010 4:50 AM

Jul 2007
;-;
Mar 17, 2010 9:40 AM
Dec 2008
I guess you really can't have a happy ending in the purest sense with a story like this..
Mar 17, 2010 9:49 AM

Oct 2008
Damn what a sad ending... I wish it would end well. I will definitely buy this epic manga after I am done with Fate Stay Night.
Mar 17, 2010 9:53 AM

Mar 2008
Not too bad. I mean there was never going to be a happy ending. Things had to finish one way or the other. Nothing was held back and it was a good showdown at least. Really not a bad plan to gamble on hesitation knowing Kayuki's character. Still it's probably best for things to end like that. Finally can rest in peace. Kind of wish there was one more chapter just for an epilogue, but can't have everything.
Mar 17, 2010 1:59 PM

Sep 2008
I doubt he thought she would hesitate. It seemed more like an excuse to let her kill him and not feel that sorry for the act.

Anyways a sad ending, but how could it have been a perfect ending? Someone had to die...
Mar 17, 2010 4:21 PM

Oct 2008
Turbe said:
I doubt he thought she would hesitate. It seemed more like an excuse to let her kill him and not feel that sorry for the act.

Anyways a sad ending, but how could it have been a perfect ending? Someone had to die...

I agree, he let himself die.
Mar 18, 2010 9:21 AM

Sep 2009
While it was a sad ending, it wasn't a pointless ending. I think it was a good way to finish it off.
Mar 19, 2010 12:01 AM

Nov 2007
Although it is not a happy end, but still it is a good ending because Strauss finally able to rip for such a long year....
Life is dear, love is dearer. Both can be given up for Fate/Nanoha.
Mar 22, 2010 7:14 AM

Nov 2008
I knew it was going to end like this but i didn't want to believe it =[
Mar 25, 2010 4:21 PM

Aug 2008
An unhappy happy ending. Strauss couldn't go on like that for much longer regardless. I'm still torn over whether he would let himself die, he definitely had enough reason to let it happen. In the end, I'm just happy that he's happy. I don't know if I'd buy this manga, but I mostly enjoyed the read.
Mar 31, 2010 7:01 AM
Aug 2009
Aww, that was a sad ending :(
Ah, at least he was free in the end. Glad I didn't drop the manga.
Apr 2, 2010 10:51 AM

Mar 2010
The ending depressed me a little but...well, at least things worked out for the the others.
And it was really the only ending that made sense, so I guess it's okay.
This manga was amazing, I am glad I decided to read it and didn't give up on it. xD
Jul 29, 2010 7:14 PM

May 2008
Before I finished this series, I accidentally read a spoiler that totally exposed the ending. I wondered if i should just drop it since i knew how it would end. I am really glad i didn't, compared to reading a spoiler the actual ending was amazing.
I wish there was an epilogue to this series. I really wanted to see what it would be like with the dhampir's living on the moon.
This is definitely in my top 10 favorite manga.
Aug 26, 2010 6:46 AM

Jun 2009
Well, I don't know why you people are so disappointed about the ending. You should have seen it coming for a tragedy manga. That was actually a great ending considering Akabara lived for too long while even fighting against her wife and child just to ensure no wars would broke out.

Finally, one of the greatest king of all time can rest in peace now. All Hail Akabara!
Sep 7, 2010 4:03 AM

Aug 2010
Where can i read chapter 43? It's been so long that i'm at 42!! Thanks! :D
Oct 21, 2010 3:42 PM

Jul 2008
I really enjoyed this manga, and the ending fit perfectly!
In order to stop the girl's and his suffering, (even though Stella said she didn't think it was a curse because she got to see so much she wouldn't have otherwise, he set her free) he went and died, I wonder if he knew she wouldn't hesitate, but at least it ended rather nicely.

A great lot of moral and ethical dilemmas, but I still can't get over my mini rage over Saberhagen and the rest of the human / vampires. Fearing someone more powerful than themselves and that led to the destruction of Strauss's happiness and the destruction of the night monarchy, and even then he diverted the hatred towards himself to limit the bloodshed!

Mah well, a happy(?) ending for the dhampires though, they get to be exiled to a place where the humans won't be afraid of them, a fresh start for their kind.
Oct 21, 2010 3:58 PM

Jan 2009
-Quasar said:
Well, I don't know why you people are so disappointed about the ending. You should have seen it coming for a tragedy manga. That was actually a great ending considering Akabara lived for too long while even fighting against her wife and child just to ensure no wars would broke out.

Finally, one of the greatest king of all time can rest in peace now. All Hail Akabara!

Definitely saw the ending coming, but it doesn't change the fact that I wanted Akabara to be able to live in peace for a change.

Oct 23, 2010 1:58 PM

May 2009
Aww i wish he wouldof lived.
"Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis" Which means "It's not for me, It's not for you. It's for everyone"
Feb 2, 2011 11:13 AM

Jun 2008
Damn it was sad, but i think he really wanted to die. And if he didn't, Kayuki would die and Stella would never find peace, so it was the right choice. The man was tired c´mon. Rip him!
I was kinda predicting this type of end...
Still, it was great;D (except the alien part, it was a bit stupid), but the manga was wonderful~~

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Oct 24, 2011 9:38 PM
Sep 2011
Wahahaha i want him to still be alive! i was so sad when he died and just cos kayuki's heartless enough not to hesitate! :(
Mar 2, 2012 3:02 PM

Jan 2011
I couldn't ask for a more perfect ending. I kinda knew from the very beginning that Strauss was going to die because the manga is called the "Record of Fallen Vampire", and the the fallen vampire is referring to Strauss.

Anyway this was a really outstanding manga. I like how Strauss was made into a savior or a hero near the end. Only a selected few people know what he did, so this "record" of him will only fade away in time and become nothing but a myth. His deeds won't be remembered, but it is the deeds that matters not the fame.

The deaths of the few benefits the lives of the many.
LamiiMar 2, 2012 3:29 PM
Oct 2, 2012 9:56 AM

Apr 2011
This manga had an amazing plot. The ending was probably the best way you could possibly tie everything up. All that's missing is a good epilogue. I wanted to see the progress on the moon, but I guess not.

Lanet said:

The deaths of the few benefits the lives of the many.

Its rare to see a manga that demonstrates this as well as Record of Fallen Vampire. Great manga.

9/10
Dec 5, 2012 6:42 AM

Jul 2012
Its such a sad ending :( But i got to admit this is the best possible way this manga could end , unless the mangaka adds another 20 chapters on how to solve the black swam mystery without having to kill the King.At least, now the King can reunite with his beloved Stella, which is considered a good thing right ? :)
Jan 30, 2013 11:35 PM

Nov 2011
Damn, sad ending is sad but this was quite a wild ride for this manga. I guess I'll give it a 7/10 because some of the dialogues and scenes were dragged. The alien parts were also unnecessary. This isn't a fucking science fiction. But still, a fun read ^_^
Sep 7, 2013 2:04 PM

Jan 2012
Amazing manga,I knew about it for years after reading spiral but I kept stalling because I knew I was gonna love it.You can really notice the author's style in here,similar to spiral and zetsuen
Feb 15, 2014 9:01 AM

Jul 2010
the author made a good ending for this story. he's been fighting for way to long, and he will never be happy as long as stella is like that. better to let them go.

though yea, i'm quite depressed regardless of this outcome. a very good story

Jul 24, 2014 10:48 PM

Jul 2012
Did not expect this series to be so good. It went straight into an 8/10 when they introduced the alien plot and got even better (tho not a 9/10 level) when they added the twists after the Queen was revived.

However, I felt that the end was a bit weak and not explained enough. It left a bad taste in my mouth in the end. I did not see why they had to battle it out (Kaiyuki and King). I also did not like Kaiyuki's character in general. She was too mad most of the time.

But, the other characters such as Bridget and Adelheid were fantastic. I didn't expect Bridget to have so much depth in her character as well as Adelheid being a good character.

The twists were so great. The only one that I expected was that Kaiyuki/Yuki/other Black Swans were somehow related to Stella.

Also, this series is very similar to Code Geass, which is very nice. I can make so many character comparisons with CG.

Gotta re-read Spiral now~
Oct 28, 2015 4:18 PM

Jun 2011
mayukachan said:
However, I felt that the end was a bit weak and not explained enough. It left a bad taste in my mouth in the end. I did not see why they had to battle it out (Kaiyuki and King). I also did not like Kaiyuki's character in general. She was too mad most of the time.
It was their fate to battle. Black swan existed to kill Akabara, and it will never come to rest if Akabara is still alive. The host will also die sooner or later if she hadn't confront Akabara.

This is such a masterful series full of twist. I guess what ultimately made me love this series so much is the main protagonist, Akabara Strauss. Really depressing ending, but one that I feel is quite fitting, I suppose. Honestly, my heart died a little bit when I finish reading this manga, I honestly didn't want it to end this way, but yet I couldn't see it any other way. The rest of the cast are damn brilliant as well, especially Bridget.

10/10.. still depressed..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 31, 2015 1:29 PM

Sep 2015
ToG25thBaam said:
10/10.. still depressed..

I've been mindfucked by his stories again and again. Good thing he's (the author) mostly affiliated with Square Enix. That way his stories get higher chance to be... told properly to the end. Honestly, when I read the first several chapters of his mangas, it's really ordinary one would feel compel to drop it.
Sep 8, 2016 2:03 PM
Jan 2015
This is extremely heart breaking, not good for people who is weak of heart.

10/10 manga. it was really great and had tons of plot twists
Feb 14, 2017 4:08 AM

Jun 2016
This is really a good story with sad tragedy twist plot even though there are some funny shocking truths in it LOL.
I wish Akabara still alive in the end but I am also glad that Akabara's misery had ended and Stella's soul also free after that.

It is really a bittersweet ending TT^TT
Jan 1, 2018 8:21 PM

Dec 2010
This is a masterpiece of a series that remains one of my all time favorites. Sure at some points it feels like a bit of an ass-pull, but honestly the logic is pretty solid and this is one of the few times that despite a series having a super Marty Stu in it yet despite his godly powers & love of peace managed to set in place a tragedy of misfortunes.

The ending is bitter sweet, but however it does feel better to see after centuries of constant grievance, torment & hate of the world, Strauss would finally find peace and join Stella in the afterlife from a world too sinful for their pure hearts.
Nov 3, 2019 11:46 PM

Aug 2012
JadedLover said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
Well that really sucked. Can't believe he actually died because he thought Kayuki would hesitate. I guess everything can't have a happy ending.
So it would have been better she died , Stella, Strauss their kid continue to suffer and a new black swan would have to be sacrificed... would that be better?
Jul 9, 2021 7:33 AM

Jul 2017
The series needed an epilogue but overall, the direction the author went with the final chapter was solid enough. Sad to see Strauss not make it through to the end, but given what all he went through, it couldn't have ended any other way.

Overall, I thought this was a very good series that was boggled down by some unnecessary elements like the aliens aspect of the storyline and weird pacing at the start. I love the cast, particularly the main protagonist in Akabara Strauss and some other characters like Bridget were really good too. Such a shame a potential 8/10 manga was spoiled by some little extra things that added only confusion. I'll go with a light 7/10 for now, just because there were a lot of good moments in this series that made it an enjoyable read despite some wacky elements but it could go down in the future depending on how the story ages.
May 28, 2022 7:45 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Yeah, I was seeing it ending like this, but while it is sad, it was what the character needed, BUT really, the ending just ends there, that is really disappointing and bringing the manga down a few points for me.

Strauss and Adelheid sacrificed themselves like that for a future for those remaining, yet we get to see not even a glimpse of that, RETARDED logic IMO.

In the end Bridget is still my favorite, but Adelheid grown in be a lot these last chapters and that flashback with Stella was came at the right time, it was quite beautiful to see
her words for him, matching what Kayuki had to say.

Turbe said:

Same here, otherwise it would feel odd to see such a change in him.

The mangaka (writter) did ask for forgiveness for the Alien plot, but I dunno if I forgive him, it was poorly done, I would have prefered a more classic setup, than one that was so odd and was not well explored.

So the manga could have been even better, but it did manage to entertain me a lot and be memorable.

8.5/10 = 9
Could have been a 8.8 if there was a proper conclusion that left me at peace with the sacrifices that were made.

nightcrawlercyp said:
JadedLover said:
So it would have been better she died , Stella, Strauss their kid continue to suffer and a new black swan would have to be sacrificed... would that be better?

You were really expecting someone that was not active for 3y when you quotted him, in 2019, to reply to you eventually?? lol

When you are quotting all these ancient accounts, you are better not making questions, because chance is most of them are not using the website anylonger.
PlaycoolMay 28, 2022 7:50 AM
May 28, 2022 11:54 AM

Aug 2012
Playcool said:
Yeah, I was seeing it ending like this, but while it is sad, it was what the character needed, BUT really, the ending just ends there, that is really disappointing and bringing the manga down a few points for me.

Strauss and Adelheid sacrificed themselves like that for a future for those remaining, yet we get to see not even a glimpse of that, RETARDED logic IMO.

In the end Bridget is still my favorite, but Adelheid grown in be a lot these last chapters and that flashback with Stella was came at the right time, it was quite beautiful to see

Turbe said:

The mangaka (writter) did ask for forgiveness for the Alien plot, but I dunno if I forgive him, it was poorly done, I would have prefered a more classic setup, than one that was so odd and was not well explored.

So the manga could have been even better, but it did manage to entertain me a lot and be memorable.

8.5/10 = 9
Could have been a 8.8 if there was a proper conclusion that left me at peace with the sacrifices that were made.

nightcrawlercyp said:

You were really expecting someone that was not active for 3y when you quotted him, in 2019, to reply to you eventually?? lol

When you are quotting all these ancient accounts, you are better not making questions, because chance is most of them are not using the website anylonger.
you do realize you did the exact same thing? Also the account still exist.
Jun 11, 2022 7:13 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
nightcrawlercyp said:
Playcool said:

8.5/10 = 9

And you realize I quoted someone from 2019, whereas this dude in 2019 quoted some from 2010, like he was expecting a reply from that from the OP.
There is a difference.
Jun 11, 2022 9:23 AM

Aug 2012
Playcool said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

And you realize I quoted someone from 2019, whereas this dude in 2019 quoted some from 2010, like he was expecting a reply from that from the OP.
There is a difference.
This dude meaning me? I honestly did not look at how old the comment was . I am a big fan of the series. I even bought the series after reading it online.
Nov 27, 2023 7:57 AM

May 2020
Props to the author for sticking with the tragic ending and not using a last minute asspull to create a happy ending. The ending is depressing as hell though. At least the Dhampires get to continue their existence. More importantly, Strauss, Stella and their daughter finally get to rest.

It's not the best manga I've read but it definitely has a unique story. The Fio's were never more than a plot device, which is disappointing but whatever.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Juuji Kai Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2013

2 by Quanda1eDing1e »»
May 27, 2023 10:56 PM

Poll: » Vampire Juuji Kai Chapter 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 27, 2013

2 by Ssilver »»
Sep 29, 2022 2:29 PM

» Anime adaptation

Ayako_Rose - May 4, 2022

0 by Ayako_Rose »»
May 4, 2022 8:14 PM

Poll: » Record of Fallen Vampire Chapter 42 Discussion

Draco_Lord - Nov 12, 2009

9 by Playcool »»
Mar 1, 2022 2:34 PM

Poll: » Record of Fallen Vampire Chapter 38 Discussion

Khalid - Aug 19, 2009

5 by Playcool »»
Feb 27, 2022 12:51 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.