Forums

[Monogatari Series] Inconsistent Volume Number

New
Jan 11, 2017 10:48 AM

Oct 2014
Entry:
https://myanimelist.net/manga/14893/
https://myanimelist.net/manga/14893/Monogatari_Series__First_Season/moreinfo

I'm making this topic before changing it in the first season entry for 2 reasons:

First, I don't know whereas should MAL follow the number of volumes of the original japanese version or of the international version published by Vertical.

And secondly, even if I would change it, the moreinfo section would become obsolete because it only contemplates the Japanese number of volumes.

Therefor, I'd like to know whereas should we adapt to the international version or should we clarify in the moreinfo section which chapters of the international version count towards the japanese volume count.

After explaining the subject, I'll just give my point of view.

Since MAL is an international page focused towards english speaking user, I think we should follow the international version, therefor, as of now, Monogatari Series First Season should have 7 volumes, being the first 3 the Bakemonogatary book trilogy.

Thoughts?
Jan 11, 2017 11:31 AM

Dec 2011
Just like Vinland Saga shouldn't lose half its volumes because Kodansha decided to release the volumes in an omnibus, Monogatari shouldn't gain volumes because Vertical decided to spread it out over more volumes. The current situation, in which the volume discrepancy is mentioned in the "background" section, is fine.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.

More topics from this board

» TO THE ADMINISTRATORS OF MAL! BIBLIOMANIA!

carhs14 - Aug 12, 2023

11 by jere344 »»
2 hours ago

Sticky: » Manga DB - Post Modifications/Duplicates Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aarana - Jan 4, 2009

7679 by Mina_Moon »»
4 hours ago

Sticky: » Manga DB - Post Genre/Theme Requests Here ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Mar 28, 2022

129 by BlondieLottie »»
10 hours ago

» Pending approval items

Marrzo - Yesterday

0 by Marrzo »»
Yesterday, 12:20 PM

» Dungeon Defense - Novel (Korean)

Netori - Dec 20, 2017

8 by Souhail_fl »»
Apr 10, 5:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.