Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Jan 13, 2017 3:15 AM

Oct 2016
Djidji said:
SeasonADay said:

I'm just going to read the light novels. Screw this. I might watch it after.

Anyway, it's the seiyuu's work that matters the most in this kind of show. :o
The novels have way better art :)
Jan 13, 2017 3:21 AM

May 2009
SeasonADay said:
Djidji said:

Anyway, it's the seiyuu's work that matters the most in this kind of show. :o
The novels have way better art :)

Well, LN SHOULD have better art than anime imo. (Overlord for example :D)

There is also some illustrator that made their illustrations shine. *o*
Jan 13, 2017 8:03 AM

Aug 2016
Animation got somewhat weirder, at least I feel like that and I dont like these "trial" episodes, but it is still Konosuba at its finnest.
I just wish now for Kazuma to join dark demon lord or how it name is forces, getting some true powers and revange to all those shitheads at starting city.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2017 8:56 AM

Sep 2013
They made a mistake at the start, it should be

AQUASREALLYTHEBESTKONOSUBACHARACTER

Okay ep, could be better.
<3

Djidji said:

S1 / S2

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

S2 looks better and more detailed :P
Jan 13, 2017 10:06 AM

Aug 2015
Kazuma needs to slaps more bitches
Jan 13, 2017 11:02 AM

Jul 2015
Eh... Pretty weak start. Humor was very stale at times
Jan 13, 2017 12:11 PM

May 2016
The art and animations has always been shit, I don't know why people are only starting to complain about it now.
Jan 13, 2017 12:52 PM
Oct 2013
I can't stop laughing. Best anime this season. Oh there's Gintama too.
Jan 13, 2017 1:07 PM

Jul 2016
-Abyss_Walker- said:
The art and animations has always been shit, I don't know why people are only starting to complain about it now.

It's never been shit. It's just the art style that they chose for KonoSuba, which actually works in its favor.

You want to tell me that these animations are bad?

And those are just some examples.
I don't care what anybody says, anyone who thinks the art and animation in KonoSuba is bad needs to check his eyes.

‏‏‎ ‎

「‏‏‎ artist‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ don't forget to wear your‏‏‎ mask‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ 」
Jan 13, 2017 1:23 PM

Jul 2014
So I wasnt the only one that noticed that the art has gone down a lot, I hope it gets better, season 1 had a lot of great artworks.

If this goes on guess I'll just listen to it without looking at the episode itself, I mainly watch this because of the VA's anyways.
Amamiya Sora and Takahashi Rie <3
-StrayJan 13, 2017 1:26 PM
Jan 13, 2017 3:42 PM

Dec 2007
Too many people are confusion wacky drawing style with just plain shitty, or don't realize it because it was mixed in with the wacky animation.

Wacky:

Shitty

But this is 100% the norm for DEEN. DEEN often does shitty animation on scenes that are out of focus or in areas that don't last much time. Or another way to put it is that DEEN just often gets really lazy. The more interesting part is how it looked much better in S1 despite being by DEEN.

If you have seen other DEEN anime it wouldn't be a surprise how bad they are with animation:

Come on guys, at least realize that yes it is worse looking than S1.
KetuekigamiJan 13, 2017 4:00 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2017 3:49 PM

Jan 2013
Oh boyyyyyyyy look who's back xD It's Konosuba!!!!
It was a good episode but i think the 1st season started better.
I don't remember but i think that if Kazuma died, Aqua can still resurrect him xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 13, 2017 4:43 PM

Sep 2015
I don't think I fully appreciated how much I missed this show until it came roaring back. The episode had a great premise, that couldn't help but remind me of Seinfeld as our misanthropic hero is put on trial for every time he acted like an asshole last season. The interview scene, and escalating diversion explosions got big laughs out of me. Excited to see where this season goes, now that they're broke and enemies of an evil Duke/the Prosecutor.
Jan 13, 2017 5:15 PM

May 2011
At first the bad animation was really throwing me off but after awhile it stopped getting to me because it was fun seeing everyone being awful and hilarious again. I'm glad the show is back.
Jan 13, 2017 6:53 PM

Jan 2016
Nice to see this show's back! Kazuma is still best girl; he still carries everything on his back, like the trial in this episode. I can't get over how corrupt this court is, though. Hope they suffer sometime down the line just like Kazuma did.
I'm just confused by the whole concept of scoring by "Writing and characters." If you're not entertained, why should you care?
Jan 13, 2017 7:10 PM

Apr 2013
Humor was good, but that awful artwork kinda distracted me, I seriously doubt it was intentional.
Jan 13, 2017 7:25 PM

Feb 2016
Pretty good start for new season!
Jan 13, 2017 7:47 PM

Jan 2011
You guys act like the derpy look doesn't fit the series.
Jan 13, 2017 9:27 PM
Jun 2015
I greatly enjoyed the episode even though the complications toward the end gave me chest pains. :) I loved in intro where they tried to enter the resurrection password "KAZUMASREALLYTHEBESTKONOSUBACHARACTER" and it was incorrect though. (Megumin is best obviously) Also how they used a star wars styled intro was cool too.

Knowing Konosuba and knowing that the second season would start out with Kazuma's trial I expected some misfortunes to happen as the this season started but I didn't expect them to be this bad. ^^; Their poor mansion and other belongings; they worked so hard to get them.

All in all I'm super happy that one of my favorite anime is starting up again I look forward to seeing what happens in future episodes. :) I really hope the second season has more than 10 episodes this time. This series deserves at least 12 a season like most anime get.
Jan 13, 2017 9:37 PM

Apr 2014
Ketuekigami said:
Too many people are confusion wacky drawing style with just plain shitty, or don't realize it because it was mixed in with the wacky animation.

Wacky:

Shitty

But this is 100% the norm for DEEN. DEEN often does shitty animation on scenes that are out of focus or in areas that don't last much time. Or another way to put it is that DEEN just often gets really lazy. The more interesting part is how it looked much better in S1 despite being by DEEN.

If you have seen other DEEN anime it wouldn't be a surprise how bad they are with animation:

Lmao now you're scraping at the bottom of the barrel to shit on DEEN because shots like those can be found in any anime. Like this

Both of those were fixed in the BDs. Also funny how majority of it is coming from Fate fans (not just in MAL). What's the matter? Still butthurt because they fucked with the Fate route?

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
ArdanazJan 21, 2017 11:38 AM
Jan 14, 2017 1:05 AM

Jun 2015
Finally it's back after almost one year and i'm glad i still remember most things from last season.

lolol people still complaining for the art and animation I mean what do you expect from Studio Deen we've seen worse things guys.
Jan 14, 2017 1:30 AM

Sep 2011
tinman21 said:
Kittens-kun said:
Animation doesn't matter if the content is good.

so if One Punch Man gets rebooted using ONE's original artstyle ur still ok with that??

That sounds amazing. I would love if OPM Season 2 switched to the ONE style
Jan 14, 2017 3:12 AM

Dec 2007
Z4k said:
Ketuekigami said:

Wacky:

Shitty

Lmao now you're scraping at the bottom of the barrel to shit on DEEN because shots like those can be found in any anime. Like this

Both of those were fixed in the BDs. Also funny how majority of it is coming from Fatefags (not just in MAL). What's the matter? Still butthurt because they fucked with the Fate route?

Do other studios do it too? yes.
Do any with a reputation and track record of DEEN do it as often as them? Not even close.

Umineko alone was a train wreck of shitty animation. Hell there was probably more badly drawn scenes in the FSN UBW movie than in UFOtables entire FZ anime.

I don't think I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel when I found a few scenes in just the first episode of Konosuba S2 alone, where it's hard to spot any in anime by most other reputable studio's.

I don't even like fate route lol, not that that's really relevant here.
KetuekigamiJan 14, 2017 3:17 AM
Jan 14, 2017 3:29 AM

Apr 2014
Ketuekigami said:
Do other studios do it too? yes.
Do any with a reputation and track record of DEEN do it as often as them? Not even close.

Do you have enough evidence to back up your claim that DEEN does it more than the rest of the studios? Giving two examples of shows are obviously not enough considering they're responsible for animating a lot of shows.
Umineko alone was a train wreck of shitty animation. Hell there was probably more badly drawn scenes in the FSN UBW movie than in UFOtables entire FZ anime.

Prove it.
Jan 14, 2017 7:35 AM

Jul 2015
Konosuba is back, funny as always.
I don't know why but the art fit perfectly for Konosuba. It really makes me laugh with their weird face sometimes XD.

And yes, My Saber Lalatina is back. :)
Jan 14, 2017 8:32 AM

Feb 2016
Who care if someone doesn't enjoy the art and the animation if you're entertained by the show, lol ? Let the hate hating, it doesn't really matter rofl.
French viewer. Sorry for my bad english :) !
Jan 14, 2017 11:14 AM
Dec 2016
This episode was definitely hiralirous! The trial was so funny, with all of the "terroism" he has done. Can't wait for episode 2!
Jan 14, 2017 1:59 PM

Jan 2016
Good 1st ep, the animation was kinda bad tho
Jan 14, 2017 2:45 PM

May 2016
The Journey with those idiots has begun.
This episode was hilarious :D
Jan 14, 2017 4:41 PM

Mar 2013
I do hope they give Kazuma some proper character development this series. The jokes about him being a pervert are going to get old quickly.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Jan 14, 2017 8:42 PM

Aug 2008
Frostbytes said:
Nostalgik said:
Can someone clear to me why did the lie detector ring when Kazuma said he had worked for the Devil King. I mean, that's not true right? Am I missing something here?

Because it should ring when there is a lie? There is another side to lie detector tho but wtv.

Just in case this hasn't been answered already, the first time he 'lied' was that he denied association with the Demon King which was false as he is acquainted with Wiz, who is a lich and one of the final bosses.

Then later when he defended himself was a bit of a wordplay, he made his denial based on how he wasn't working for the demon king instead of being associated as he had done earlier, which was the truth so the lie detector announced (or in this case, didn't announce that what he said was a lie)
Jan 14, 2017 9:14 PM

May 2015
Geez, so many people talking about the art/animation. Personally, I did notice a slight difference overall, but it wasn't like I'd go and call it bad just because it's a little different.

That's how I often approach shows drawn in a different art style and are not exactly like what I'm used to.

For example, I've never understood the concept of "Old anime has bad art." Especially in the way my current favorite anime, Detective Conan has changed over the years, I really don't understand how people can say its modern artwork looks better than it did back in the 90's. In that case, it was a matter of preference between more unique art with a distinct personality and the current standard aesthetic for current anime. I preferred the older aesthetic because I thought it represented the anime's mystery elements very well with the darker color palette and very Gosho Aoyama designs. In essence, the art alone could be used to tell what the series was like.

That's exactly why Konosuba's even derpier designs work. This art does a very nice job of communicating to the viewer that this is a silly show full of dumb characters. If the characters were "on-model" all the time, it wouldn't feel like Konosuba. It's not because it's cheap, it's because this aesthetic works for the show it's in.

I didn't realize it'd take that long to elaborate on my point, but oh well. As for the episode itself, it was very funny, especially the prison part and the trial. It's awesome to see all these characters again! This and Rakugo both had very strong starts, so maybe Deen's set off to save anime again this year!
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Jan 14, 2017 11:00 PM

May 2015
How could Kasuma be guilty‽ He even gave the dude with a mask a coupon!
Jan 14, 2017 11:07 PM

Mar 2012
It's not that difficult to recognize that there was a noticeable drop in animation quality of S2. Yes, there are bad examples from S1 just as there are good examples from S2, but overall it's pretty obvious just from episode 1 that they cared a lot less about quality this time around. As someone said above, derpy style fits this series, but that doesn't require shitty animation.

The humor is also getting a little stale with the same jokes played out predictably. It'd be fine if they were moving into new situations, but it sure looks like they're staying put in that beginner's town for the foreseeable future...

A little disappointed in this start. We'll see what happens from here.
Jan 14, 2017 11:33 PM

Aug 2013
I like how people are defending the animation quality by saying "It doesnt matter if content is good"

Like, i get it. I like Konosuba as well, i think its a pretty fun comedy that takes on an overused trope, but to overlook the poor animation quality and saying that it doesnt matter because of your personal enjoyment is pretty sad
Jan 15, 2017 12:53 AM

Dec 2013
Typically derpy DEEN faces, but I will keep watching because I love this series for what it's suppose to be.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jan 15, 2017 1:12 AM

May 2015
Net-Raid said:
Eve778 said:

For example, I've never understood the concept of "Old anime has bad art." Especially in the way my current favorite anime, Detective Conan has changed over the years, I really don't understand how people can say its modern artwork looks better than it did back in the 90's. In that case, it was a matter of preference between more unique art with a distinct personality and the current standard aesthetic for current anime. I preferred the older aesthetic because I thought it represented the anime's mystery elements very well with the darker color palette and very Gosho Aoyama designs. In essence, the art alone could be used to tell what the series was like.

That's exactly why Konosuba's even derpier designs work. This art does a very nice job of communicating to the viewer that this is a silly show full of dumb characters. If the characters were "on-model" all the time, it wouldn't feel like Konosuba. It's not because it's cheap, it's because this aesthetic works for the show it's in.

I didn't realize it'd take that long to elaborate on my point, but oh well.

Because your point is irrelevant to the current discussion?
I get your explanation, but I don't think that's what is being discussed here.
Derpy style =/= lazy drawing.
Lazy drawing during some still frames =/= art style.
If the series were consistently being drawn badly, then yes you could call that an art style, much like ONE. But in this case it's not.
You might argue that the lazy drawing during some still frames is art style, but I highly doubt that's the case(that's probably what DEEN is counting on though, to get away with everything). If anything, it feels more like an unfinished cut.

Okay, what I meant in my post was that I believe that "lazy art" is only different art. It may not be aesthetically pleasing, but it works. Sure, it may take less effort to draw some of those still frames, but I personally don't think we need to call the animators lazy for that. It's just different.

And as for my points being irrelevant to the discussion, I don't really care if I'm adding to the overall discussion, as this is literally on the 7th page of the thread. No one except for crazy people like me who read every single reply in a thread before posting are going to care about the overall discussion and if they contribute to it.

Believe me, I have seen all 3 sides of this argument and I knew I was going to end up picking a side. I didn't feel like saying the art was bad and that it detracted from my enjoyment because I've already got plenty of other shows to complain about this season. I didn't feel like saying the art was bad but it's only the content that matters since I found that particular argument always supported in a dumb and illogical way. So I settled on arguing that the art was bad on purpose and it added to the show. This argument allowed me to put my own twist on the topic as well as talk about another anime for the heck of it.

You see, the reason I read and post on the MAL forums is so I can improving my writing ability. I personally have found posts in which people referenced other anime super interesting. Hence, I wanted to do the same sort of thing. Plus, that was something I had been absolutely dying to write about for a long time since it's such a common believe that old anime has bad art. You saying it was irrelevant to the discussion kind of hurt my feelings but whatever.

Geez, I shouldn't have even wrote this post because it's impossible to win a fight on the internet. I'm not going to convince you to think the way I do in terms of judging art as simply being different and and you're not going to convince me to fully agree with you on the concept of lazy drawings. But I might as well post this just 'cause.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Jan 15, 2017 1:14 AM
Jul 2018
good thing Konosuba has returned... But, yeah, gonna admit that the animation became somewhat exasperating; doesn't matter tho, gonna watch it till the end. :)
DEEN will always find a way.
Jan 15, 2017 1:44 AM
Feb 2012
I've already found the show that will keep me laughing throughout the season. Wonderful stuff :'D
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jan 15, 2017 5:59 AM

Sep 2016
Lol, the jokes are getting better lmao.

But i think the art is ummmmmm, i think season 1 art is a lot better, or is it just me ?

"Kono omoi wo keshite shimau niwa Mada jinsei nagai desho?"
Jan 15, 2017 8:48 AM

Feb 2008
OMG when I watch this episode I really feel bad for Kazuma and all his unfortunely events, it's not back from zero when they lose everything they still have debts.
But it still was fun I watch previous season last night, 10 episodes + 1 OVA.
They got mansion but now they have to sleep on floor.

Arts has never been so good for my liking in this anime but it's hilarious so it's okay.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jan 15, 2017 9:30 AM

Feb 2016
Net-Raid said:
I don't see anyone hating anything though? It makes the episode less enjoyable maybe but I don't see any hate.
Stating their observations, even negative ones(a.k.a. criticism) =/= hating.

I can see there are at least two kinds of people defending the art quality in this thread. First one is people who genuinely don't notice/care about the drop in quality. Second is people who do notice but are in denial because they love this anime so much(love is blind I guess) claiming it's the art direction etc.

For the record, I still like this episode despite all that.
But there's no denying all that sloppy work that DEEN did(at least if they admitted it ouright).

Well, either way more power to DEEN I guess.

You got a point :). However, my definition of "hating" is quite large as it includes negative criticism ^^. I should take your definition of hating, it is less confusing than my one.

Well, at least, if you don't enjoy the art, they will love it for you xD.
French viewer. Sorry for my bad english :) !
Jan 15, 2017 10:43 AM
Jan 2015
Finally got around to watching it and it was ok. A better start than last season let's hope they don't wreck it like they did the first season which got boring fast with the same jokes being used over and over as well as no form of real development.
Jan 17, 2017 12:39 AM

Dec 2011
Darkness raped??
Jan 17, 2017 2:35 PM

Dec 2016
Just finished it now. I thought it was quite good, maybe even slightly better than the original pilot. The ending was...surprising, to say the least. Though, I found it a bit ironic that Kazuma's strength was "luck," and yet he ended up losing everything.
Jan 17, 2017 9:55 PM

Jun 2008
Aqua's ass seems to be the only good thing in this episode IMO...

The animation is SOOO off putting.

Just UGH!
Jan 18, 2017 8:40 PM

Jan 2016
overally a good ep but it seems they skip a lot on aqua at the trial
Jan 20, 2017 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
The beginning is like I imagined, never seems to have stopped, in fact, the narrative keeps the peculiarities seen in the previous season, and it seems that finally reach the answers that both were expected in the past. References to other famous works, is very evident. The speech on drawing and animation, provide a premise: in works such as Konosuba, the design is an end in itself, and is "almost" a concept superfluous, given that the attention is paid to the content, shown by the narrative and dialogues. But the Studio Deen, should not abuse this condition, to save on something that still makes a product distinguishable, since it is still an animated adaptation. For animations, remains valid concept expressed a moment ago. The opening and ending, are cute and catchy.
Jan 20, 2017 6:35 AM

Oct 2008
Oh My God! Just finished episode 1 and this show is simply the best! great job studio DEEN!
the very first part was the input of character name just like a game and 1st input didn't work but the 2nd did! LOLZ!
Trial of Kazuma!
Everyone suddenly turned-side away to Kazuma in order not to go to prison!
Aqua's Idiocy is really off charts! especially when lending the step box!
That lie detector tool is very effective but a pain in the ass for Kazuma!
LOL at the PAUSE when Kazuma is about to feel like throwing-up.
The OST was epic on the part when Kazuma said that he's not a terrorist and the lie detector didn't ring!
I really wanna fap to Luna's erotic revealing boobs (18:22-18:27)!
Darkness saves the day!
5/5!

Jan 21, 2017 1:12 AM

Dec 2012
The animation of this episode was very bad, but it looks like it becomes better in the second episode. Anyway, it was a perfect starting episode, I laughed during the whole episode :D
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2017

233 by V121ONENDWAR »»
Yesterday, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2017

223 by V121ONENDWAR »»
Apr 16, 6:03 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2017

339 by 0451 »»
Apr 10, 11:25 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2017

171 by 0451 »»
Apr 10, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2017

189 by 0451 »»
Apr 10, 7:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.