Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 11, 2017 1:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, another episode that heavily focuses on Mayura..

It looks like she fought against her personal demons and despite the burden placed on her, is able to prevail. Well on most parts, I am impressed by how far Mayura has come. The other battles this episode feels pretty fillerish.
Jan 11, 2017 4:41 AM

Jan 2015

LOL'd at that exact word.
Another past is revealed. And time for Mayura to stand alone by her feet protecting people she love.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jan 11, 2017 4:53 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Kuranashi: ''It's just a prank, bro!''
Jan 11, 2017 7:11 AM

Oct 2008
They made a really lame villain wtf... whatever as long as the battles are over...

More than that I AM SCREAMING AT NEXT WEEK'S PREVIEW IS IT FINALLY TIME
Jan 11, 2017 7:38 AM

Oct 2014
in this episode they adapted the novel "Tenen Jakko"
Jan 11, 2017 7:49 AM

Jul 2013
So happy Mayura finally received the power up she needed. Even when I felt the scene when she talks with Byakko and receives her powers rushed, it was still nice. And Kuranashi escapes again...

Glad too they finally defeated the DoFlamingo Basara, he was getting annoying.
Jan 11, 2017 8:49 AM

Nov 2016
I'm pretty content with this episode, though I feel a few things were rushed in (such as the byakko talk or the prison scene w/ mama mayura) However, I think that it was a pretty decent plot episode, and I look forward to what might be the kiss next episode!!

(Also, if this fight pulls a dbz and lasts for 10 episodes I'm gonna be a very unhappy person.)
Jan 11, 2017 8:49 AM

Jan 2012
Fuck yeah! Best-girl Mayura got them Byakko claws and defended her parents. Best episode in months! XD
Jan 11, 2017 9:27 AM

Jun 2015
Mayura did well in this episode. She was able to protect her father and mother against Kuranashi. I'm glad she got stronger.
Jan 11, 2017 10:35 AM

Dec 2014
Mayura got herself a powerup and manages to ward away Kuranashi, Nice.

I don't really like Kuranashi though, there's really nothing interesting about him at this point.

Also we got to see Doffy Basara's eyes, Maybe this is the closest we'll come to seeing Doffy's eyes. XD
Jan 11, 2017 11:16 AM
May 2016
This episodes convinced me that the anime is 80-90% original material. (I know took a long time to convince me)

Overall I loved this episode. Specially showing Seigen's past and a bit of love life.

Mayura's Byakko did surprise me since I saw her did it on the manga differently doe one thing that does not change in her "awakening" is the stance when she receieved it

8/10
Jan 11, 2017 11:51 AM
Mar 2016

Wlep it's her time this time, and it's all goooood.
Jan 11, 2017 11:54 AM

Nov 2015
"You tsundere white tiger daddy"

She got the claws. She did well.

Jan 11, 2017 1:01 PM

Sep 2013
Seigen with the dark jobs that need to be done, itachi would be proud :'(
Mayura gets byakko cause of her loving heart and they destroy the core.
Jan 11, 2017 1:04 PM

Jan 2015
Ok this episode confiremed - We will not go back to the sourse material at all. What a shame so much wasted potential and such a great story that will never be animated :/
Thankz Pierrot.

I mean, not gonna lie, inheritance of Byakko was done sooooooo much better in manga. The feels were real there but here I felt like "and what? that's it?". Mayura got talisman, fought using claws like it was nothing and one-shotted her opponent.
Come on...
Jan 11, 2017 1:32 PM

Mar 2013
R.I.P. fake Doflamingo.
Jan 11, 2017 2:33 PM

Sep 2015
Hope Mayura gets to keep that Byakko power and become a new gen Guardian of the 12. She can now protect everyone she cares about!
Jan 11, 2017 5:51 PM

Dec 2016
This was really good to watch.

Seigen's past, him and Mayura fighting together to save Yukari, and the passing of the torch made me love this episode.
Jan 11, 2017 5:51 PM

Sep 2014
Mayura is the strongest character confirmed.
Jan 11, 2017 7:17 PM

Jun 2014
Pretty cool power-up for Mayura.

Oh shit, hopefully Rokuro and Benio kiss next time. And hopefully we'll finally get to hear the new OP and ED.........
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 11, 2017 10:28 PM

Oct 2016
mayura having now the power of byakko means maybe mayura can join the 12 guardians if she develop her powers more .. demn wait, oh well atleast we have rokuro screaming air fissure bullet ..
Jan 12, 2017 12:47 AM

Mar 2016
thebrentinator24 said:
And hopefully we'll finally get to hear the new OP and ED.........

New OP/ED won't be until the 25th
Jan 12, 2017 3:53 AM

Jan 2011
Zinzoo said:
Ok this episode confiremed - We will not go back to the sourse material at all. What a shame so much wasted potential and such a great story that will never be animated :/
Thankz Pierrot.

I mean, not gonna lie, inheritance of Byakko was done sooooooo much better in manga. The feels were real there but here I felt like "and what? that's it?". Mayura got talisman, fought using claws like it was nothing and one-shotted her opponent.
Come on...

I feel the same as one who reads the manga x_x Too much anime original characters/story. I still like this show and will watch through the end but it completely diverted from the source material.. divergence.. another parallel world.. almost like steins..g..

BTW if that kiss
Jan 12, 2017 3:57 AM

Jan 2011
MrJaytato said:
This episodes convinced me that the anime is 80-90% original material. (I know took a long time to convince me)

Overall I loved this episode. Specially showing Seigen's past and a bit of love life.

Mayura's Byakko did surprise me since I saw her did it on the manga differently doe one thing that does not change in her "awakening" is the stance when she receieved it

8/10

Yup while this anime adaptation didn't do justice to the manga at the very least we get the stance!

AnimeMangaGamer-Jan 12, 2017 4:11 AM
Jan 12, 2017 4:59 AM

Mar 2013
Lol I couldn't take the fight seriously
Jan 12, 2017 6:26 AM

Sep 2015
Members may not accept it but, from the start what happen in the anime is not filler anymore.
1) Kinako pet came out very early, where as Kinako only appear in manga later chapters.
2) 12 generals are show up early and the existance of big tree(Sae)
3) The reason why Seimei not animated when Rokuro op self-heal after receiving fatal dmg. So that(if there is 2nd season) they can smoothly adapt the later story about the island/Seimei/Kegare no Ou.
4) Additional characters and backstory you won't be seeing in the rushed manga version.
5) Mayura gets her byakko in this current arc.
*6) There is more love between Rokuro and Benio in the anime yo. The manga version doesn't reflect romance properly.

To simplfy what are both manga and anime version to each other, you can say that the anime version is more of an original+longer story(which what is suppose to be) and manga version is a rushed project.

This is my own opinion, most likely the author wants a slow and full story plot by adding in more details for smooth transition. Basically the story is correcting itself slowly in anime version, slowly reach and replace the manga.
valvravetruthJan 12, 2017 6:52 AM
Jan 12, 2017 6:59 AM

Jan 2015
valvravetruth said:
Members may not accept it but, from the start what happen in the anime is not filler anymore.
1) Kinako pet came out very early, where as Kinako only appear in manga later chapters.
3) The reason why Seimei not animated when Rokuro op self-heal after receiving fatal dmg. So that(if there is 2nd season) they can smoothly adapt the later story about the island/Seimei/Kegare no Ou.
4) Additional characters and backstory you won't be seeing in the rushed manga version.
*6) There is more love between Rokuro and Benio in the anime yo. The manga version doesn't reflect romance properly.

To simplfy what are both manga and anime version to each other, you can say that the anime version is more of an original+longer story(which what is suppose to be) and manga version is a rushed project.

This is my own opinion, most likely the author wants a slow and full story plot by adding in more details for smooth transition. Basically the story is correcting itself slowly in anime version, slowly reach and replace the manga.
Thaks God that this is only your opinion
Jan 12, 2017 11:10 AM

Dec 2014
well Mayura became a bad ass I hope she becomes one of the twelve guardians soon
Jan 12, 2017 11:35 AM

Sep 2015
It's the home stretch now the final 10 episodes are happening starting next week. As for this episode I cheered and squeed the most then I've ever had for this show. It's honestly been a roller coaster of emotions. But that next episode preview is making me go. "Finally the moment I've been waiting for since episode 1 the ultimate character progression moment happens now!"

Credit goes to the guys at Minimalistic-Animoo Deviantart Group for the vectors.
Jan 12, 2017 11:40 AM

Sep 2015
valvravetruth said:

I've honestly enjoyed this series from the start each character has felt fleshed out and from your comments I certianly won't be reading the manga because it sounds to me like its pure shonen schlock. This does what an anime adaption should take your source material and improve upon it for the sake of the medium. And now that we're in the final 10 episodes I'm looking forward to what becomes of all of these characters.

Credit goes to the guys at Minimalistic-Animoo Deviantart Group for the vectors.
Jan 12, 2017 12:12 PM

Apr 2015
Mayura of the twelve guardians confirmed?

anyways, they really should get a new OP and ED
that 3rd OP is really lame imo
Jan 12, 2017 1:15 PM

Jan 2015
KenReels said:
valvravetruth said:

I've honestly enjoyed this series from the start each character has felt fleshed out and from your comments I certianly won't be reading the manga because it sounds to me like its pure shonen schlock. This does what an anime adaption should take your source material and improve upon it for the sake of the medium. And now that we're in the final 10 episodes I'm looking forward to what becomes of all of these characters.
Believe me when I say this, anime did not improve the story one bit.
The studio cut out almost all of the series' climat which in manga gives you feeling of uncertainty, it makes you intrigued about what will happen next and really care about each and every character. In anime, new characters like e.g. Sae even tho they were interesting in a sense, people watching the anime simply didn't give a crap about them. Simply go to the episode discussion when Sae came back to the tree. 80% of the comments were like "Well actually I didn't feel anything".

Pierrot tries to create something but they don't really know what it will end up being and the results are scenes that try to adapt small parts of manga which had the biggest impact on readers and make them something "new" in terms of the anime but fail quite a bit in doing this.

As an example we have the vs Hijirimaru and Higano fight in manga. This was amazing rollercoaster of emotions and great part of it was Mayura's struggle to single-handedly protect people important to her and by her tears, blood and courage, she together with Byakko was able to give her very best and it was crazy good even tho she couldn't entirely accomplish her goal. While in the anime it was like "Look I have claws, now I can one-shot main villain of the arc" like seriously...

Another thing is the story which in anime seems to be everywhere expect being in order. There is a lot of plot holes like: Why there is so many Basaras? Why exorcist don't give a damn about showing "normal" people who they are?
While in manga there are answers and they actually make sense in terms of this world that Yoshiaki (the autor) created.

The first half of the series was not bad even tho they put Kinako so early in the series and added characters (like some of the 12 guardians) that simply didn't yet have a chance to properly debiut in the manga and we don't know wheather they ever will.

Manga is rushed? Revealing all 12 guardians in like 4 episodes is f%^&ing rushed...
ZinzooJan 12, 2017 1:20 PM
Jan 12, 2017 2:20 PM
Jan 2017
Zinzoo said:
KenReels said:

The studio cut out almost all of the series' climat which in manga gives you feeling of uncertainty, it makes you intrigued about what will happen next and really care about each and every character. In anime, new characters like e.g. Sae even tho they were interesting in a sense, people watching the anime simply didn't give a crap about them. Simply go to the episode discussion when Sae came back to the tree. 80% of the comments were like "Well actually I didn't feel anything".

Pierrot tries to create something but they don't really know what it will end up being and the results are scenes that try to adapt small parts of manga which had the biggest impact on readers and make them something "new" in terms of the anime but fail quite a bit in doing this.

As an example we have the vs Hijirimaru and Higano fight in manga. This was amazing rollercoaster of emotions and great part of it was Mayura's struggle to single-handedly protect people important to her and by her tears, blood and courage, she together with Byakko was able to give her very best and it was crazy good even tho she couldn't entirely accomplish her goal. While in the anime it was like "Look I have claws, now I can one-shot main villain of the arc" like seriously...

Another thing is the story which in anime seems to be everywhere expect being in order. There is a lot of plot holes like: Why there is so many Basaras? Why exorcist don't give a damn about showing "normal" people who they are?
While in manga there are answers and they actually make sense in terms of this world that Yoshiaki (the autor) created.

The first half of the series was not bad even tho they put Kinako so early in the series and added characters (like some of the 12 guardians) that simply didn't yet have a chance to properly debiut in the manga and we don't know wheather they ever will.

Manga is rushed? Revealing all 12 guardians in like 4 episodes is f%^&ing rushed...

Actually what valvravetruth said is mostly right. It feels like both manga and anime are complementing each other. For example, I think that apart of Tenma and Seigen, the other Guardians may not have much development as in the anime.

But I agree that the writers simply make what should be "emotional moments" feel forced, and not because manga alterations. It´s just mediocre writing. I will watch until last episode, but while it is a mediocre adaptation(not that bad, but not great either), I think some of the anime content is at least well appreciated by some people who read the manga, myself included. Now 2nd season is up to if it sells, which I don´t think this will do much in Japan.

How much are the DVDs selling in Japan though?
Jan 12, 2017 2:33 PM

Jan 2015
Skerllyf said:
Zinzoo said:

Actually what valvravetruth said is mostly right. It feels like both manga and anime are complementing each other. For example, I think that apart of Tenma and Seigen, the other Guardians may not have much development as in the anime.

But I agree that the writers simply make what should be "emotional moments" feel forced, and not because manga alterations. It´s just mediocre writing. I will watch until last episode, but while it is a mediocre adaptation(not that bad, but not great either), I think some of the anime content is at least well appreciated by some people who read the manga, myself included. Now 2nd season is up to if it sells, which I don´t think this will do much in Japan.

Bad it's like a couple hundred each weak, this is really bottom part of the list.
But anyway 2nd season would be very hard to make because it would have to be anime-original from cover to cover.
Jan 12, 2017 6:31 PM
Apr 2016

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ShockedJan 15, 2017 2:07 AM
Jan 12, 2017 10:27 PM

May 2015
Best episode in a while.Focusing on Best Girl Mayura was definitely a good idea. It was awesome to see her get that well deserved power-up. I'm so glad she was able to protect her family! Honestly though, all the other fights shown just felt like filler. I get that a lot of shows can do that sort of thing well, but I really don't like how everything flows when they go from fight to fight like that.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Jan 13, 2017 3:38 AM

Jan 2015
anime4u said:
You know there is Spoiler button right? :v

And I think there were only 2 Basaras: Hijirimaru and Higano.
There is also Kamui but they didn't defeat him

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
ShockedJan 15, 2017 2:07 AM
Jan 13, 2017 11:52 PM

May 2016
i'AM SO EXCITED FOR THE UPCOMING EPISODE XD!! FINALLY THEY KISSED? WOOOH! I WAITED DECADES FOR THIS MOMENT.
Jan 14, 2017 5:12 AM

Mar 2016

....Are you serious?? The anime ignored a bunch of rules and lore established in the manga so I hardly believe that they're taking place in the same setting. Here I go:
1) Kinako and other shikigami can't exist/is intangible outside the island in the manga - anime decided to ignore this god knows why
2) all the 12 generals showed up before the anime in a special chapter that didn't get scanlated, which is why you think they showed up early in the anime
3) That makes no sense at all. It would make more sense if important stuff like the island, Seimei, etc. were mentioned earlier in the story so that they don't feel shoehorned. It'd be pretty dumb if 40+ eps later, they just suddenly mentioned the island - that would just further confirm that most of this show is filler.
4) The anime does more rushing tbh. Important info, characterization, and battles go by too quickly while most of the episode consists of really bad rom-com and situations that aren't relevant to the overarching plot.
5) Even more proof that the anime does not intend to go back to the manga's storyline. If they're already showing that part and Shimon's full body equip in this arc, what would be the point of animating the arc with Hijirimaru and Higano?
6) "Doesn't reflect romance properly"? Nice to see that you failed to see all the times they felt physical attraction, shared the same goals/dreams, shared their horrible experiences with each other and helped each other overcome those experiences in the manga. Like, sure their relationship in the anime is there (barely imho), but it certainly isn't better.

Just because the manga is faster paced doesn't mean it's rushed. Heck, I actually feel like the anime is worse with pacing as it drags out a lot of pointless stuff while rushing all the action (and making them look super low quality in the process) and characterization, with its original material.

KenReels said:
I certianly won't be reading the manga because it sounds to me like its pure shonen schlock.

Except it's not and the art is really good (the animation pales in comparison). Several people say they were glad they checked out the manga after watching the anime so I really hope you reconsider.
LulupusJan 14, 2017 5:42 AM
Jan 14, 2017 5:47 AM

Jan 2015
Lulupus said:

....Are you serious?? The anime ignored a bunch of rules and lore established in the manga so I hardly believe that they're taking place in the same setting. Here I go:
1) Kinako and other shikigami can't exist/is intangible outside the island in the manga - anime decided to ignore this god knows why
2) all the 12 generals showed up before the anime in a special chapter that didn't get scanlated, which is why you think they showed up early in the anime
3) That makes no sense at all. It would make more sense if important stuff like the island, Seimei, etc. were mentioned earlier in the story so that they don't feel shoehorned. It'd be pretty dumb if 40+ eps later, they just suddenly mentioned the island - that would just further confirm that most of this show is filler.
4) The anime does more rushing tbh. Important info, characterization, and battles go by too quickly while most of the episode consists of really bad rom-com and situations that aren't relevant to the overarching plot.
5) Even more proof that the anime does not intend to go back to the manga's storyline. If they're already showing that part and Shimon's full body equip in this arc, what would be the point of animating the arc with Hijirimaru and Higano?
6) "Doesn't reflect romance properly"? Nice to see that you failed to see all the times they felt physical attraction, shared the same goals/dreams, shared their horrible experiences with each other and helped each other overcome those experiences in the manga. Like, sure their relationship in the anime is there (barely imho), but it certainly isn't better.

Just because the manga is faster paced doesn't mean it's rushed. Heck, I actually feel like the anime is worse with pacing as it drags out a lot of pointless stuff while rushing all the action (and making them look super low quality in the process) and characterization, with its original material.

KenReels said:
I certianly won't be reading the manga because it sounds to me like its pure shonen schlock.

Except it's not and the art is really good (the animation pales in comparison). Several people say they were glad they checked out the manga after watching the anime so I really hope you reconsider.
God fkng bless you. I'm happy to hear that I'm not alone in this.
Jan 14, 2017 9:00 AM

Sep 2015

Bro are you those who been called the 'radical fans' around? Chill, is all I can give you. Saying "The anime ignored a bunch of rules and lore established in the manga" pretty much proves how much you see in anime & manga version.
1. Shikigamis don't come out of nowhere, they come out of the omnyouji in the anime. Example case Kinako from Benio's shikigami pendant & her power, which clearly explained how Kinako able to survive/go outside of ISLAND. Plus one problem from you which apply to all belows, you seem to set manga material as the base of everything. In the world of all onmyouji standard, shikigami follows the master. So other way around in manga the idea of 'Kinako and other shikigami can't exist/is intangible outside the island' sounds more ridiculous don't you think? But sadly that kind of rule did happen in the manga, manga is the weird one not anime. One more thing about your 'anime decided to ignore this god knows why', as I have already try to explain shikigami existance IN the anime so please to me MORE about things that ignores whatever you talking about.
2) All the 12 generals showed up slightly early(cameo-like) in the special chapter is baseless and doesn't mean anything. Considering their personality/skills/face time that anime has way upperhand, in this case anime is the base.(don't forget animes are not made in a day or 2, everything about the generals are discussed way early than you think). Trying to skip talking about Sae huh, I will let you go on this.
3) What are you saying this makes no sense? Everything about Rokuro makes no sense from the start. When Rokuro goes Seimei mode in the manga when it was released, every reader goes "wtf" out of nowhere and only makes more mystery. Luckily it temporary pin on Sousei's miko child with her aftermath words. Back to the anime, there are only a small few reason why seimei didn't come out at that fatal time. Either the production doing a 2nd season by hinting the island/seimei at the very end or there won't be 2nd season. Don't misunderstand me bro, I never said they will dump the Seimei info even within this remaining arc.
4) Anime is more rush? what have you been watching all this time. Important info, light amount and simple. characterization, story is adding few fillers for character building and some new character to smooth things up(like Haruka for Ryougo). Battles, of course they go by quickly when they are animed. Or else what you want the production to do? deal with a monster whole episode? or are you saying the fight between Rokuro and Yuuto only few mint? Saying fillers are irrelevant explain how good of an anime watcher you are, really. I bet you skip every Naruto filler(if you are watching) and think of it as irrelevant. Rom-com thing will be hold to later point.
5) Hahaha, and again go back to manga storyline? You need to stop using manga as base. This is a long version anime, you can't apply manga logic everyime when fillers/new characters are all over the place in anime. Its true that animes are base on novels and mangas, there are also rare cases. Plus what I'm promoting is, smooth transition where manga and anime will meet at later crossline. For you, assuming anime will continue the island arc(if there is one) straightly.
6) The moment you admit the Rom-com in point 4 in the anime, you are already shooting yourself the foot. Because you are hinting there are more romance related scene in the anime. How can i even fail to see the amount of romance in anime and manga, when I'm commenting anime has more romance than manga. YES there are "physical attraction, shared the same goals/dreams, shared their horrible experiences with each other and helped each other overcome those experiences in the manga". Romance in manga is short bro, only a few pages and short moment everytime. Things that happen also apply to anime as well, because their story are similar == or are you saying there is NO physical attraction, shared the same goals/dreams, shared their horrible experiences with each other and helped each other overcome those experiences in the manga? Oh man, the fillers and Sae existance not there for you at all, her effort in bringing Benio & Rokuro closer wasted. You need to re-read the manga again bro. Manga version is a full shounen, of course it doesn't reflect romance properly. Thats why romance in anime are more warm and sticky. One more big thing, I didn't imply there is no romance in manga.

Manga is definately rushed bro, your 'faster pace' pretty much means its rushed. Don't try to beautify your words. When a plot is in fast pace, its rushed. Long series tends to drag out(and low quality in the process), its a given just like Naruto. But those extra fillers are there to give more character building and fun. One thing to surprise you, I'm a manga/novel(original materials) fan, but I try to be neutral and don't look down on anime. Thats how I can watch series like Aikatsu, precure and other boring anime which MOST members don't watch.

Hope that you wont reply this, I forgot that writing like this really tired me out. Everyone taste is different in the end.
valvravetruthJan 14, 2017 9:04 AM
Jan 14, 2017 10:00 AM

Apr 2014
Skerllyf said:

Sousei no Onmyouji airs at day time so it doesn't rely on BD/DVD but on TV ratings. We don't have any data for it's ratings but we do know it's doing pretty well in other countries like China where it has gained 170 million views so far in their official streaming site.

http://www.iqiyi.com/a_19rrhaeqtd.html%20
Jan 14, 2017 9:52 PM

Jan 2011
Mayura getting Byakko's powers was so obvious.

Mascera said:

LOL'd at that exact word.
Another past is revealed. And time for Mayura to stand alone by her feet protecting people she love.
I loled at this line though.
Jan 15, 2017 5:06 AM

Mar 2016
valvravetruth said:
Bro are you those who been called the 'radical fans' around? Chill, is all I can give you.

Don't need to read this since you don't wanna

Also, anyone else a little peeved that dragon spots are still possible even after Sae went back to being a tree? It makes her sacrifice rather pointless
LulupusJan 15, 2017 8:25 AM
Jan 15, 2017 8:56 AM

Jan 2015
Lulupus said:
valvravetruth said:
Bro are you those who been called the 'radical fans' around? Chill, is all I can give you.

Don't need to read this since you don't wanna

Also, anyone else a little peeved that dragon spots are still possible even after Sae went back to being a tree? It makes her sacrifice rather pointless
There is a lot of plot holes that simply don't make any sense xd
Guess Pierrot just tries to patch everything up in some way that would still be somewhat interesting to watch. If Kuranashi had to go everywhere by foot ther would rather give him ability to teleport using these spots.
Feb 9, 2017 11:12 PM

Oct 2008
As of this episode, Mayura is stronger than Rokuro because she could do one-on-one against Kuranashi with the help of Seigen's Byakko!
So the mother of Mayura fell in love with the killer of her brother? which is none other than Seigen. I guess there are some girls who are more attracted to wild forceful type of guys...
4/5.

Feb 17, 2017 6:57 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Interesting episode
The main focus is still the attack on the town by Kuranachi i but this focuses more on Mayura and Seigens part in it.

The revelation that Seigen was part of the Exorcist union's assassination corps and that such a unit existed was quite a surprise. As was the fact that Seigen had killed his wife's brother as well. It figures that members of the corps would wear masks to conceal their identities.

Not the best meeting it seems between Seigen and his future wife
I wonder what crime did her brother commit to be granted that kill order though
It seems Seigen did not enjoy his work either
Mayura though can be pretty trusting at times though but its nice that she still believes in her father and its nice to see her love for him is still there and stronger than ever.

Seigen and Mayura had quite the difficult choice in this episode between saving Seigen's wife and Mayura's mother and following their objectives.
The battles between the 12 guardians and the Basara though are still fun to watch. Love the argument between Seiyu and Ganbu though as they completely ignored the Basara they were facing as they did so. Seigen's divine form is still looking as badass as the first time we seen it. Though too bad that he can only use it for five seconds though. So Kuranashi used Moro as some kind of shield then eh.

Watching Mayura find her courage after realizing that she has so far been protected by the others was nice to see. Mayura has gotten stronger as the series went on and her determination to get stronger so that she can of some use to Rokuro and the others is nice to see. She was brave to take on Kuranachi by herself as was her courage to stay and fight. Seeing Mayura lecture Kuranachi about human values was entertaining. Humans may be foolish at times but we all have things that are precious to use that we will try to protect with our lives if need be.

This episode feels like a culmination of Mayura's hard work and it's nice seeing her fight a strong foe like Kuranachi with courage and determination. It also provided some backstory into both Seigen and his wife as well. Not the best of first encounters for them though but its interesting to see that he had piqued her interest with the events of that night. Hmm so the order that Seigen belonged to are charged with taking out comrades that were cursed then eh. Not an easy task considering that you are killing your own. Its nice seeing that Yukari understood this fact though and had forgiven him to a degree.

For Yukari to track Seigen down though is no small feat
he was right to think that she wanted revenge but it was surprising that she was actually worried about him instead. Their second meeting though was pretty unexpected but im glad that they ended on a much better note.
To think that Seigen would transfer his guardians power to Mayura though.

Mayura using the white tiger Byakko eh
wow that was unexpected
But Mayura more than deserves it as she has both the courage and determination and the willingness to protect everyone with it. Hell of a power up though
Since Byakko's power is focused more on defense and gets stronger with those that have a strong heart that aims to defend people Mayura was a great choice for it.
Its nice seeing Mayura's hard work and determination to get stronger has succeeded though. Still looks like there are more plans to unravel though.

Time for the counterattack to begin then
Score one for the 12 guardians lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 2017 2:52 AM

Dec 2010
Good episode, Mayura finally got her time in the spotlight. The Guardians's duo moment was great too.

The preview though, lol.
Jun 26, 2017 4:43 AM

Jun 2012
Kuranashi is just playing right? I can't tell how he's having a share of fun with the way things are going, he's all just pure pretentious.
Aug 4, 2017 7:27 AM

Mar 2015
Mayura is definitely best girl1!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2016

49 by Vindicater »»
Apr 16, 10:32 PM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2016

67 by Sugram22 »»
Apr 15, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2016

48 by Vindicater »»
Apr 10, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2016

84 by Vindicater »»
Apr 8, 10:14 PM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2016

99 by Vindicater »»
Apr 8, 4:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.