Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 8, 2017 12:19 PM
Jan 2015
looking for suggestions on what gundam series i should start. What i have seen so far is most of the ones that do not take place in the U.C.. Wasn't sure if i should start watching in order or just watch the compilation movies to get caught up. either way what i have completed is:
mobile fighter g gundam
gundam wing
gundam 00
gundam build fighters/try
Iron blooded orphans
Jan 8, 2017 1:05 PM

Dec 2015
It really depends on what you want to watch. After those five series, you should have figured out that some are nearly identical while others have nothing in common except the fact their world use big humanoid vehicles (at least one of them being called a "Gundam").

If you want to try out the (war drama with light politic) story that started it all in a way that won't be too heavily hampered by weird elements, try the compilation movies (it erases several stupid elements and events, rearranges several major events, and offers a higher technical quality in the third installment, but at the price of a few interesting lost events and a bad tempo at several occasions). If you want to discover this story in its best incarnation, read Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin (by Yasuhiko Yoshikazu, the original characters designer) since it fixes and improves it in a far stronger way than the movies trilogy does (and still keeps the improvements made for the movies), making it the ultimate version (despite two discutable choices, though they don't spoil anything).
And if it turns out to your liking, then proceed with Zeta Gundam, the second sequel (ZZ) and their theatrical finale (the movie from 1988). Or explore surroundings events of the same war in the spin-off OAVs (The 8th MS team, 0083).

If not, then just keep watching alternate universes or enlarge your horizon to other shows (again, in function of what you came to like in the Gundam series you watched).

PS: sorry for the lack of help. Your absence of marks made it impossible for me to determine what you see in your examples.
Rei_IIIJan 8, 2017 1:13 PM

More topics from this board

» Recommend me an anime based on my favorites!

iamnottesslol - Apr 21

11 by windyshadow »»
2 hours ago

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - Yesterday

1 by Zarutaku »»
3 hours ago

» Anime that have all female guilds/clubs/groups/living places, etc

GakutoDeathGlare - Yesterday

6 by Zarutaku »»
5 hours ago

» Similar animes to Tengoku Daimakyou ( 1 2 )

Salvaged - Apr 21

71 by rikkaheh »»
9 hours ago

» Watched one episode but forgot the name

Snailsoup - Yesterday

2 by Snailsoup »»
Yesterday, 8:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.