Forum Settings
Forums

Gintama. already at 9.5+!? Fanboys strike again!

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 8, 2017 8:40 AM

Feb 2015
Jan 8, 2017 8:52 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
I'm surprised that you care about this show, I thought that everyone knows that gintama scores are inflated by the fanboys
Jan 8, 2017 8:53 AM
Apr 2016
So how is it a bad thing that someone gives an anime they enjoy a 10? It is Gintama, it doesn't matter if it didn't start yet. Most of us have been watching it for years, we know what we are expecting. So, if I think that Gintama deserves a 10, I will naturally give it a 10. Hating something just because other people love it is dumb. Making a thread dissing that thing because other people love it is even dumber. Gintama is my favorite anime, but I don't even want it to be that high on that list, because I know people who haven't seen it (or people who watched 1-2 episodes just to justify their hate) will start hating it because it is more popular than their favorite animes. Seriously, stop. Yes, Gintama scores are given by the fanboys, just like every other show in that list. Or do you say that while Gintama votes are only fanboyism, votes for Kimi No Nawa or Fullmetall alchemist are objective votes? No, they aren't. These votes are not given by professional anime critics, all of these votes are given by fans. If most people who watch Gintama (or FMA, or HxH) love that show enough to give it a high score, how is it a bad thing?

Also, does anyone really expect objectivity in the top list? Or are you consider people who have similar taste as you as objective, and everyone else as biased? The top list is literally the taste of the viewers, their subjective taste, so if you don't like people voting 10 for what they like and 1 for what they hate, then there is no need for you to take the list seriously at all.

Finally, I really want to ask this. Which one is worse: People giving an anime they love 10 (usually you love something because you think it is good) or other people giving an anime the lowest score without even watching it, because their opinion is the only one that matters, and an anime that they don't like has no business being at the top. One is just giving a vote according to his/her taste, and the other is voting to manipulate the list the way they want.
GinsukesanJan 8, 2017 9:06 AM
Jan 8, 2017 8:54 AM

Oct 2010
So it's this time of the year again...

Snowflakes are so special today.
Jan 8, 2017 9:02 AM

Apr 2014
It will probably drop after a while, no biggie.
Jan 8, 2017 9:04 AM
Oct 2016
Idk how you're allowed to give a score to something that hasn't even been aired yet. Like that doesn't even make sense.
Jan 8, 2017 9:04 AM

Apr 2016
The Anti-Gintama Brigade strikes back again! Since this is supposedly the final season, they're probably giving it their all this time, with threads like this popping up like it was the goddamn Fate/ franchise. I seriously struggle to find out which franchise has it worse.
Jan 8, 2017 9:06 AM

Apr 2016
Wintovisky said:
Thanks, Gintama fans. At least for a brief moment Kimi no Na wa won't be top 1. Most overrated anime ever, alongside with even shittier Re:Zero and Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso. Happy day.
Side-note. Let's all thank the community for keeping Re:Zero and now ERASED out of the top 50. Those are series that flat-out don't deserve the recognition.
Jan 8, 2017 9:09 AM

Feb 2010
It also already has a solid amount of 1/10 hateratings like every other part of the franchise.
Nothing wrong with voicing your excitement about a long-awaited and hyped sequel of a beloved franchise to share that joy with the world by already giving it a 10.

What's sad tho are the people who go out of their way not to show support for something they love but who are motivated by petty spite, meaningless jealousy and a general bitterness to hate-rate every part of the gintama franchise without watching them and continuously creating these wonderfully salty threads.

For the sake of your mental health I hope you are just trolling or baiting.
Have a Good Day.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 8, 2017 9:15 AM

May 2010
I checked and it's at 9.39 now, with 4% of 1s
Jan 8, 2017 9:26 AM

Nov 2014
#Those boosts tho
When will this end.
Pullman said:
It also already has a solid amount of 1/10 hateratings like every other part of the franchise.
It has a solid number of boosts, while haters are not stupid enough to make dozens of accounts to counter.

Jan 8, 2017 9:28 AM

Jan 2011
the first ep adapts the bullshit twist about the master, thats enough to rate it a 1
Jan 8, 2017 9:36 AM

Aug 2015
Still no response from OP? Obviously a bait. I wonder if the shitstorm will be the same or more than YOI and Re:Zero.
Jan 8, 2017 9:50 AM

Jul 2015
AltoRoark said:
"I hate Gintama and I want everybody to know", the thread.

I think OP is more butthurt at how bad the ranking system is. Between sequel effect, the insane amount of boosts for top 10 places, the fact an anime can end up ranked without any minimum amount of viewers or being aired yet, etc; there's really no reason to give anuy credit to that top 10. LoGH and Gintama's 4k episodes meme'd their way into the top 10 more than they earned their places.
Anyway, who cares about scores on MAL? It's mostly hype and bandwagonning.
Jan 8, 2017 11:11 AM

Jul 2014
Kimi no na wa fans be butthurt???

Rating wars are fierce.
Jan 8, 2017 11:12 AM

Jun 2016
Gintama. only at 9.5+!? Haters strike again!
Jan 8, 2017 11:30 AM

Sep 2014
Before it aired it had a 9.61. It actually amazes me how much hate Gintama gets from the community. Already has 5.5% 1s so it wont by high for long anyway.

OppaiSugoi said:

Rating wars are fierce.

Sadly Gintama is a target of almost every fanbase out there.
Jan 8, 2017 11:45 AM

Jan 2016
It's just people's opinions. Second, Third, and in this case Fifth Series are always likely going to be rated higher than the first because mostly the viewer base are fans to begin with, and if fans are given purely what fans what then = high score.
Gintama is getting a fifth season. That in itself is what fans wanted, I guess.
Jan 8, 2017 12:02 PM

Oct 2014
Goku said:
Before it aired it had a 9.61. It actually amazes me how much hate Gintama gets from the community. Already has 5.5% 1s so it wont by high for long anyway.

OppaiSugoi said:

Rating wars are fierce.

anything that occupied more than half of the top 10 highest rated would get some criticism but it is especially aggravating for a show that apparentaely the only way for enjoying it is watching 30 episodes for it to get good
Jan 8, 2017 12:09 PM

Jan 2014
So it's that time of year again. The release of a new Gintama series with all the haters and fanboys coming out of the woodwork to make threads. Let's hope this year's mess is more entertaining.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jan 8, 2017 12:11 PM

Jan 2012
Stop caring about that useless ranking, as well as the general score...
Jan 8, 2017 12:11 PM

Sep 2014
gabrielrroiz said:
Goku said:

anything that occupied more than half of the top 10 highest rated would get some criticism but it is especially aggravating for a show that apparentaely the only way for enjoying it is watching 30 episodes for it to get good

Although for me it was good by episode 3. My fault that it didn't take me x10 times more episodes to actually enjoy it. Best thing about the show is it just has continued to get even better.
Jan 8, 2017 12:35 PM

Oct 2014
CodeBlazeFate said:
The Anti-Gintama Brigade strikes back again! Since this is supposedly the final season, they're probably giving it their all this time, with threads like this popping up like it was the goddamn Fate/ franchise. I seriously struggle to find out which franchise has it worse.

fate fans are unbearable
their arguments regarding why people did not like ubw and why fate zero is not as good comes close to being compltely delusional
Jan 8, 2017 12:37 PM

Oct 2014
Almost 90% 10s and the next most common rating is 1. It's 9.27 currently but I bet it will fall.
Jan 8, 2017 12:39 PM

May 2015
gabrielrroiz said:
Goku said:

Criticism is understandable, rating it 1 just to decrease its rating without even watching it is lame.
It gets good at ep 3 because ep 1 and 2 are fillers. From ep 3 to 30 just gets better.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2017 12:40 PM

Apr 2016
gabrielrroiz said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

fate fans are unbearable
their arguments regarding why people did not like ubw and why fate zero is not as good comes close to being compltely delusional
Those are mainly haters saying that /Zero ain't dat gud, but if you think the FANS are unbearable, the active haters here (who often make big singular attacks like these threads every time something Fate/ related pops up rather than doing one big organized attack on each installment like the Anti-Gintama brigade) are downright impossible.
Jan 8, 2017 12:49 PM

Sep 2011
It's Gintama. Were you honestly expecting it to 'not' be in the top 10 considering that all the other Gintama titles are?
Jan 8, 2017 12:58 PM

Feb 2016
Meau94 said:
It's Gintama. Were you honestly expecting it to 'not' be in the top 10 considering that all the other Gintama titles are?

Not anymore, for some time already.

Anyway 5,6% 1s given already is a funny thing to see. Talk about score relevance...

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Jan 8, 2017 1:05 PM

Apr 2015
I find it odd that people can rate something that's not even released yet. Did all these people have advanced screenings or something?

Don't lose too much sleep over it OP. The only rating that matters is your own (at least that's what I think).
Jan 8, 2017 1:08 PM

Oct 2014
zal said:
gabrielrroiz said:

Criticism is understandable, rating it 1 just to decrease its rating without even watching it is lame.
It gets good at ep 3 because ep 1 and 2 are fillers. From ep 3 to 30 just gets better.

oh i have no idea what is the quality of gintama beggining episodes or if this it gets good after 30 episodes affirmative has any relation with reality
it is just that whenever i see this kind of response getting said for others i kind of lose any interest to start the series
also it is beyond ridiculous the amount of 1s this show gets from people that have not even seen it yet
Jan 8, 2017 1:27 PM

Jun 2015
Clebardman said:
AltoRoark said:

I think OP is more butthurt at how bad the ranking system is. Between sequel effect, the insane amount of boosts for top 10 places, the fact an anime can end up ranked without any minimum amount of viewers or being aired yet, etc; there's really no reason to give anuy credit to that top 10. LoGH and Gintama's 4k episodes meme'd their way into the top 10 more than they earned their places.

That'd sure be easier to catch if the opening post wasn't 90% Gintama bashing.
Jan 8, 2017 1:50 PM

Oct 2014
Clebardman said:
AltoRoark said:

but if only Anime with lots of watchers get scores and get boosted because of that then the scores even matter lesser.

MAL just has to do it like Crunchy does, just file all the seasons and episodes on one page and treat them just as one show.
Jan 8, 2017 1:56 PM

Jul 2015
@Bourmegar in the end it's just a matter of chosing an arbitrary way to rank them, but I think MAL does it pretty poorly. You can't just take the average score of shows and expect decent results, there are other factors to consider.

Here's a thread currently in Suggestions: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582248

I'm not saying it's a perfect solution, but it makes sense in many ways. Regarding Gintama being rated 10 before it airs specifically, I often hear "I gave 10/10 to all the other seasons, there's no reason for it to change". It also makes sense to think that all the people who dropped it between the first and last season think the same about it, but the system doesn't reflect this. The same could be said about other shows (Aria comes to mind)
DeathkoJan 8, 2017 2:02 PM
Jan 8, 2017 2:07 PM

Sep 2011
Blog thread, complaining thread, repeated thread.

Thread Locked

Just like every other thread of Gintama—or more recently, "Your Name"—all similar threads revolving around it taking up the ranking spot or rising will be locked and or deleted.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - 43 minutes ago

9 by Tsuyatoash »»
1 minute ago

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - 7 hours ago

33 by palm-tree »»
8 minutes ago

» Can someone help me find this anime's name?

Angelblue1852 - 19 minutes ago

0 by Angelblue1852 »»
19 minutes ago

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - 9 hours ago

19 by Archean-Return »»
20 minutes ago

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - 11 hours ago

33 by FanofAction »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.