Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 10, 2010 5:13 PM

Jun 2008

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The RE 5 producer's comments echo those of departed series creator Shinji Mikami, who told Official PlayStation Magazine: "I think Resident Evil 5 doesn't need to change the series, but Resident Evil 6 will have to reinvent the series with another full model change or else it won't be able to keep on going."

Xbox World 360 magazine said in its exclusive review: "Resident Evil 5 is to Resident Evil 4, what "Call of Duty: World of War" is to "Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare"-- an imitation whose successes are predominantly ideas lifted straight from the previous game."

Sounds like a change might be for the good then. Frankly, we wouldn't mind a change back to the slower paced, zombie-filled mansion theme."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what do you fellow RE fans have to say? Oh and just to clear up any confusion, there is no Resident Evil 6 yet. This is just a rumor, plus this article is a little old, but it does make you think about some things. Thoughts?
Feb 10, 2010 5:21 PM

May 2009
It's up to them. Who knows what they'll do at this point.

Shinji Mikami is gone so as far as the series goes for me it's pretty much dead now. Though I'll still try whatever the team decides to do if it looks/sounds good. New or old RE style. Personally, I'd like to see what they can do with the old creepy style of RE with a mix of the new style. =)

Feb 10, 2010 5:48 PM

Jan 2010
Wesker can never die. He's just too cool.

Anyway, I think they should bring back the horror aspect with the limited weaponry and ammo, dark environments, etc. BUT, they should keep the over the shoulder view and overall mechanics because frankly, I love it.
Feb 10, 2010 10:46 PM

Jul 2009
IMO RE4 was the most enjoyable in the series for me, while RE5 was the least enjoyable. As for earlier titles... meh. I preferred Silent Hill to the earlier RE games, mainly because SH was more psychological horror and earlier RE's were more of a "jump out at you" horror.
Feb 11, 2010 3:11 PM

May 2009
I really have no idea what they need to do, so i said change. Resident evil 4 was just so good, but RE5 left me unsatisfied. I've heard the dlc is a little better, but im not gonna drop my money on it...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Feb 11, 2010 4:41 PM

Jun 2008
After thinking about it, I think I agree with "Gringa's" idea. If they were to do a mix of both (the older slow paced idea, along with the newer style of controls). It would really make the series shine.
Feb 11, 2010 4:56 PM

Nov 2009
Nope I prefer the older ones with the fixed camera angles. Nothing can beat Resident Evil 1 on the Game Cube. Plenty of fear moments as well as decent graphics.

Who can honestly say they jumped at any part of RE5? It's not scary anymore so hardly constitutes Survival Horror.

Leave the over the shoulder horror to Silent Hill and go back to what brought you is what I say to Capcom!!
Feb 11, 2010 4:59 PM

May 2007
Kamehamayhem said:
Anyway, I think they should bring back the horror aspect with the limited weaponry and ammo, dark environments, etc. BUT, they should keep the over the shoulder view and overall mechanics because frankly, I love it.

Exactly this point. They need to find a way to combine the "horror" part of the first 3 games with the gameplay from RE4. Give me back my intricate puzzles and scary moments of walking through a mansion, all by my lonesome with scary zombies, typewriters (admit they, it makes the game a bit more thrilling to have to get to the next typewriter to save your game without dying) and whatever else.
Feb 11, 2010 7:43 PM

Sep 2008
RE is really hit or miss, for every good resident evil there are 2 or more mediocre to shittier resident evils. But what will help is, STOP MAKING ON RAIL SHOOTERS YOU SUCK AT IT!
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Feb 11, 2010 9:07 PM

Jun 2009
They should bring back those zombies!! I miss them... :(
Feb 11, 2010 9:45 PM

Oct 2008
Just reboot the series already, it needs it.
Feb 12, 2010 9:41 AM

Jan 2008
i personally liked the style the first couple games were in. RE1 is one of my all time fav games. and as nice as it is to have the action stuff from 4 and 5, the games just aren't nearly as challenging or as scary as the first few. survival horror ftw not action horror bs.
Feb 12, 2010 9:46 AM

Jan 2010
I have never been scared while playing any RE title, so I can't agree with some of the people who have posted. But, they definitely should change it up.
Feb 12, 2010 10:57 AM

May 2009
Loved the orginal style of RE games, was really hyped for re4, and when i got my hands on it, and I hated it, i found it boring and it lost the survial asspect of the older games, so i'd love for it to go back, and bring back zombies too. (Reremake was my fav, so i hope they bring back Crimson heads, perhaps a game with just running zombies, 28 days later style.)
Feb 12, 2010 12:33 PM

May 2009
D'aww. So much love for REmake, my most favorite. <3

MidnightCheddar said:
After thinking about it, I think I agree with "Gringa's" idea. If they were to do a mix of both (the older slow paced idea, along with the newer style of controls). It would really make the series shine.

They nearly had it with the RE4 beta before they dumped it for the final product, so they can definitely do it.

Feb 12, 2010 7:26 PM
Nov 2009
yhay should remake re2 in the re5/4 stile but moor sckars
Edward ha ha ha id like to introduce that sparkle bitch to alucard
Feb 12, 2010 8:42 PM

Jan 2010
You know what would be the best? If the next RE featured only physical attacks as a form of defense. It would definitely make my month.
Feb 12, 2010 8:56 PM

Feb 2010
Kamehamayhem said:
You know what would be the best? If the next RE featured only physical attacks as a form of defense. It would definitely make my month.

^This. I never considered it before, but that would require more skill from the player, and thus extend the story mode's length a bit. Don't get me wrong, I loved RE4's shoulder view control scheme and using the Stryker to blast away a mob of Ganados, but the older camera angles were so much more suspenseful, if somewhat annoying.

Perhaps they could implement a dynamic system where you could use household items as weapons, such as finding, say, a shovel in a shed or a bat in a yard.
Feb 12, 2010 10:37 PM

Apr 2009
I dont really want to sound like such a downer,but Resident evil 5 is the worst game i ever played in my entire life. This wouldn't be so hard on me if it wasnt for RE2 being one of my favorite games of all time

The whole idea of resident evil is that its supposed to be a Survival Horror game,using your head to survive and not depending on enemies dropping ammo for you. You have to conserve everything,this adds onto the suspense of your zombie infested surrounding a whole lot. It seems that its turned into a Third Person Shooter more than anything,RE5 had BARLEY any survival elements to it,and like one puzzle in teh entire game (which was a fuckin joke)

We all know RE isnt go back to that,especially when you consider how successful RE4 and 5 have been. it be nice to have an RE2 and 3 remake like they did 1,and that might even be very possible. But the franchise as far as "new" games go,is not lookin good for diehard RE fans

/rant
Feb 12, 2010 11:41 PM

Jul 2009
ive played and beaten all resident evil games except the handheld and the rail shooters for the wii, RE2 is my favorite but RE4 is second i do like the over the shoulder view, i also like the old fixed camera views and the puzzles as well.

as for res evil 5 i liked the fact that they tried to incorperate co-op into it, but their execution of it was pretty bad, i wont say that res evil 5 was a terrible game but it was dissapointing.

ill leave the game mechanics up to the game makers and hope for the best, im more interested in where they are gonna go with the story and who they might pick as the main character, i dont need to see chris , leon is fine but id rather they go with jill valentine, or maybe even billy coen or rebecca chambers from res evil 0, or possibly an entirely new character which would probably be the easiest way to reboot the story.

i could go on forever about the things id like to see in the next res evil game taht probably wont be in the next revil game,

but i wont (though i do hope they try to do a better job incorporating co-op into it, split screen, not online that was a big mistake with re5)
Feb 13, 2010 8:02 AM

Feb 2010
The only bad thing about Resident Evil nowdays is that they took the zombies out of it. That and you can carry around a small arsenal of weapons. I mean come on if you had a bigass shotgun with 500plus shells would you be scared of a zombie or two. Anyway that's what takes away the feeling of fear that resi use to have for me.

All in all I don't think it should go back completely but enugth to make it feel like Resident Evil again.

More topics from this board

» What's a hated game that you actually enjoyed?

SnipeStrike - Apr 13

23 by Blackfire2340 »»
37 minutes ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3502 by Lost_Viking »»
3 hours ago

» Sega's Golden Axe video games series gets a cartoon adaptation

tchitchouan - Yesterday

2 by DesuMaiden »»
7 hours ago

» Out of all the Mario games which did you play the most recently

KiraraFan - Apr 9

25 by SnipeStrike »»
7 hours ago

» What videogame consoles do you own?

SnipeStrike - Yesterday

18 by FanofAction »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.