Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Interviews with Monster Girls
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 7, 2017 6:22 AM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I remember reading the manga for this one years ago and a really enjoyed the few chapters that where out back than.
Shamefully i didn't read that much chapters so i am happy to see a anime of this, i am really looking forward to what more this anime will offer.

The girls are nice as well.
Also that reaction of succubus sensei.
Jan 7, 2017 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
That was cute, we got introduction of the main characters with the OP song. I think for most parts, Hikari's voice works for her character. Took me a little while to get used to Tetsuo's character though.

Most of the episode concentrated on her and Hikari, which is something I had expected. In the meantime, I think the show so far has its humor factor and is fairly lighthearted. Really glad to see Kyouko (the headless girl) too!
Jan 7, 2017 10:19 AM
May 2014
I was just trudging along various offers this season and got to this after dropping that "fortune telling" anime which was too girly for me.
And I like the looks of this. Enjoyed a lot. Lets see how it goes.
Jan 7, 2017 10:28 AM

Feb 2016
This was so good. I felt like it captured the mangas atmosphere perfectly. Looking forward to Machi and Yuki episodes.
Jan 7, 2017 10:34 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
It's like Monster Musume except without the lewd. Dunno if that's an improvement (probably not) but ehh seems decent enough. Probably won't be as good as Urara in the moe department for this season though
Jan 7, 2017 10:37 AM

Jan 2015
Hhmm, talking about "demi-human". So basically it's like Monmusu's Inter-species exchange culture or something like that but less lewd stuff and more school-related activity, I guess?
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jan 7, 2017 10:42 AM
Jul 2018
(I'm not too sure if this was actually an one hour premiere or not but for me it showed for 23 minutes, so I'll comment on what I saw there so far, if there is more to it than this I might have to go and look)

I haven't read the manga but I did loved this as an introduction to the show, at the same time I love the character movements on the characters, they feel like they have more of a personality with the animation and the traits combined with it.

I will kind of see people getting bored at the second half of it since it starts the interviews with Hikari and I think it will get a bit stale for people, but I did like the conversation between Hikari and Takahashi.

I know this might be a bit of a moe fagging because I liked the designs, I think this fits more than Asterisk (same character designer from both shows) since the designs look well, polished and at the same time it rather fits with the demi-humans.

The Opening is pretty catchy, based TrySail for it since I enjoy their songs, the ED is pretty nice too, rather cute in a way.

Other than that, good first episode, I would want to see how this one goes from there.
Jan 7, 2017 10:44 AM
Jun 2016
This is very new and interesting, I feel like I'm going to enjoy it a lot. I love the concept so far. It's like Monster Musume but more child-friendly.
Jan 7, 2017 10:47 AM

Jun 2009
The anime is adorable, I enjoyed it.
I think I will enjoy it till the series end.
Jan 7, 2017 11:00 AM

May 2012
Pretty nice first episode. I liked the situation with the dullahan girl and how being too sensitive and pitying her is unwanted, sorta like with some disabled people.

Hikari's my favorite so far. So... I take it she actually has strong urges for blood from that one scene but tried playing it off?

Anyway, fun start to this season so far. Looks like this'll be a cute, fun anime with some sprinkle of drama here and there, maybe? Looking forward to it ^^

Jan 7, 2017 11:16 AM

Jul 2007
People trying to compare this to trash like monmusu literally are making me depressed. there are literally zero similarities.

So far way too light-hearted and comedy focused. Does not seem to capture the more somber surreal tone of the manga. A LOT of rearranged stuff in the first episode for maximum trope-ness too...A lot of the social messages and themes in terms of psychology, adolescence, etc seem to be toned down.

I mean if this was done properly the whole first episode WOULD have been the interview. But the additions and alterations and swapping material from further along into this do not really make sense.

And what of the interview IS there lacks style needed for it to work as the director is clearly struggling(or maybe not interested) in portraying those things.
As a result this almost feels like a completely different product than the manga was :[
I can only hope the Centaur manga won't be as badly handled in form of adaptation.

6/10 at best so far. I am afraid at how they will handle the things that come after the first chapter. Because subtle or well handled this was not and the further along manga handles a LOT of touchy and problematic subjects from our society. I literally can't imagine this tone working for
AhenshihaelJan 7, 2017 11:30 AM
Jan 7, 2017 11:26 AM
Jul 2018
Fai said:
People trying to compare this to trash like monmusu literally are making me depressed. there are literally zero similarities.

So far way too light-hearted and comedy focused. Does not seem to capture the more somber surreal tone of the manga. A LOT of rearranged stuff in the first episode for maximum trope-ness too...A lot of the social messages and themes in terms of psychology, adolescence, etc seem to be toned down.

I mean if this was done properly the whole first episode WOULD have been the interview. But the additions and alterations and swapping material from further along into this do not really make sense.

And what of the interview IS there lacks style needed for it to work as the director is clearly struggling(or maybe not interested) in portraying those things.
As a result this almost feels like a completely different product than the manga was :[
I can only hope the Centaur manga won't be as badly handled in form of adaptation.

6/10 at best so far. I am afraid at how they will handle the things that come after the first chapter. Because subtle or well handled this was not and the further along manga handles a LOT of touchy and problematic subjects from our society.

I haven't read the source but as far as I've heard it was the opposite, apparently they arranged things in order to give more character to the cast which I can agree with, though in fact I like the cast already since they have a lot of personality to them.

Though as well the changes weren't too drastic from what I was told either. I dunno, as I said I only see this from an anime only perspective and I thought it did gave a pretty good introduction or way of handlement pretty nicely.

By the way, if you want to quote me on the changes to explain further what they changed you can, would want to at least listen (though it wouldn't change much my mind, but I would like to listen, or at least read. Because ya know... for god's sake why do I say listen on forums.)
Jan 7, 2017 11:29 AM

May 2009
Fai said:

Blame retards who decided title it Interviews with MONSTERGIRLS when they are demi-humans.
Jan 7, 2017 11:36 AM

Sep 2012
That was surprisingly good. I'll definitely expect the best of this anime.

I don't think there are "0 similarities" with Monster Musume, once both have girls that aren't 100% monsters or animals (they're at least half humanoids, that's what I mean) and kind of talk about prejudgement they go/went through, but so far, Demi-Chan wa Kataritai does it WAY better than Monster Musume. MonMusu is much more about some crappy ecchi and other bizarre things, I can't stand that anime. But I'm very positive about this one.
Jan 7, 2017 11:37 AM

Jul 2007
SymphoniacTippy said:

I haven't read the source but as far as I've heard it was the opposite, apparently they arranged things in order to give more character to the cast which I can agree with, though in fact I like the cast already since they have a lot of personality to them.

A lot of the changes just don't make sense.

The characters are SUPPOSED to be a mystery that slowly develops as the MC learns more and more about them.

Story literally starts just with Hikari(and a lengthy and quite interesting dialogue between her and MC about vampires that explains a lot about personality). The MC is not even supposed to interact with any of other demis till after that(beyond seeing them maybe from afar). Altering that literally destroys the punchline of the first chapters.

The additional scenes also clash quite a bit with characterization - Hikari is not supposed to be THIS CHEERY
or be THIS FRIENDLY yet as a lot of it should come off naturally with what happens over course of story. I don't think it makes sense for her character to be THAT friendly with dullahan till

The show also focuses WAY MORE on "let's make them act cute and over-act" kind of stuff which is not as prevalent in the source. There's a lot more focus on "cute girls doing cute things" and in turn the interactions that felt a lot more real in manga feel way less realistic. The characters are supposed to feel cute in more of an "awkward realistic" sense than "anime" kind of sense.

The show feels like it is "skimming past" the social issues and discussing the complexes and all that stuff and instead slows down and focuses on the "cute stuff" parts(ex: the part of the vampire fantasy having overblown fetish fantasy clothes instead of school uniforms) . Which, well, is not going to work for a lot of material. I don't see this tone working with the

Its not just some huge change. Just very different priorities of adaptation compared to source.

Not to mention the directing is just meh so far not really fitting the material and the art style lost a lot of it's charm by getting "cute-iffied".

Will be clear on how bad this is in next two to three episodes which should cover a more sensitive themes. There's a lot of potential for the next part to turn creepy-gross if misrepresented. If they handle that part okay it should be okay at worst for the whole run.
AhenshihaelJan 7, 2017 11:56 AM
Jan 7, 2017 11:42 AM

Jul 2015
Woah, that was the best first episode I watched so far this season by quite a large margin.

Having a teacher that is, looks, and acts like an adult feels so fresh, I really liked the Demi girls (Hikari is absolutely adorable!) and the scenes with Machi were very heartwarming, it must be so hard to feel comfortable around being a dullahan, and Hikari talking so kindly and accepting that difference instead of trying to avoid the conversation, and Takahashi at the end to invite her to come whenever she wanted just made me smile so much.

I couldn't ask more for a first episode, definitively looking forward for more!
Jan 7, 2017 11:43 AM

Jan 2015
Finally a way for a vampire-kin like myself to relate. The patriarchy was holding this anime back for long enough
A curve including all entries should be of a gaussian form. One including limited entries by picking animes you liked and not rating animes you dropped should look like mine.
Amount of total animes each rating should have (percentages): 6-25,7-15,8-6,9-3,10-1
Jan 7, 2017 11:44 AM

Jul 2014
Well, that was much better than I was actually expected, even though it's such a simple and mellow show. OP and ED are both good, with the ED in particular capturing the mood of the show, and I'm liking the little bits of world-building we're getting about the "demis" in this world.
Jan 7, 2017 11:48 AM

Aug 2015
That was good first episode the comedy was fine, the Demi-human girls were cute especially the Dullahan (best girl). I'm glad that humans and demi-humans were getting along together I liked it looking forward for more.
Jan 7, 2017 11:54 AM

Dec 2014
Woah, that was seriously really good. I'm in love with all the characters. No tsunderes is a huuuuggggeee plus for me. This didn't have any fan service or sexualize the characters so all that's left is for it to not turn into a harem and it'll be perfect. I'm very excited about this one, and it had a good OP to boot. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this.
Jan 7, 2017 11:57 AM

Dec 2014
That was pretty good, I liked it a lot.

Characters seem nice, I like Hikari already.
The conversation or rather interview between her and the MC was pretty interesting and also kinda amusing to watch. I love how she explained what she thinks of vampires who don't drink blood as similar to vegetarians and non-vegetarians. xD

Seems like a pretty interesting show and also feels pretty light hearted and cute. Looking forward to more.
Lelouch0202Jan 7, 2017 12:01 PM
Jan 7, 2017 12:13 PM
Jan 2016
I really don't like it how they changed the way Tetsuo meets the demis, especially Satou, so far she's completely different from the manga. I don't remember her being clumsy or jittery at all. She was a bit nervous, but not like this!
Aside from that, it's quite nice. Though to me anime Tetsuo looks a bit fatter than manga Tetsuo, but that might just be me.
Jan 7, 2017 12:14 PM

Sep 2016
not cute like urara moriocho
hikari and the ending song is the only good thing
drop
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 7, 2017 12:29 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Best first episode outside of the sequels so far.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 7, 2017 12:36 PM

Jul 2013
I liked it. The characters were nice and looked cute and the perspective of the interviews looks cool, like if the show will try to study the biology of the demihumans rather than use them just for fanservice and the likes. Bonus point for MC voiced by Suwabe.

Let's see how the interview with the dullahan will go, since her biology seems interesting.
Jan 7, 2017 12:37 PM

Mar 2014
Hopefully the succubus doesn't get triggered by random sexual tension... she's in a high school... in Japan... in anime!
This was really good though.
Jan 7, 2017 12:38 PM

Aug 2016
That was so good! love the humour!
Nanika ga Okashii
Jan 7, 2017 12:43 PM

Aug 2013
what happen to the 1-hour first ep?
Jan 7, 2017 12:54 PM

Aug 2013
Wow. I had 0 hopes for this series, but It is pretty good, vampire-chan <3 and Hondo Katie as her seiyiuu is doing wonderful work.
Btw, someone compared it to Monster Musume. For me this series is far better than Monster Musume. Dialogues are much more interesting, same with characters... and direction is more... How to put it, pleasant? At least for me.
rsc-plJan 7, 2017 1:22 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 7, 2017 12:55 PM

Mar 2012
Felt like it started off weak but got better as the episode went on. Hikari was really cute. I'm looking forward to more!
Jan 7, 2017 12:56 PM

Sep 2011
Interviews With Monster Girls was a funny one, didn't think I would enjoy this with what I read about it and being Supernatural, as some series I have watched under this genre has not interest me or have disappointed me. But being a comedy and from A1 Pictures I wanted to check it out and I was surprised on how enjoyable it was, but with some weird characters only been slightly introduced in this first episode it depends on how I will like the them and the overall story before I definitely say I will watch this. Hikari which we are introduced first was an enjoyable character and I hope the other demi's are as fun to watch as her. The animation is good, typical A1 which I have nothing against but the music was forgettable.
Jan 7, 2017 1:03 PM

Oct 2012
This is definitely one of my more enjoyed new anime of the season. I think it had a really nice atmosphere and I'm really intrigued by the Demis. I loved seeing Kyouko's face brighten when Hikari didn't avoid the topic of her head.
OP was nice, I do like TrySail and the art was cute, liked seeing Hikari's bright personality through the OD
Also I really liked that ED, it was pretty colorful and had a nice melody~
gust11Jan 7, 2017 1:07 PM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jan 7, 2017 1:12 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Ahhh this was so cute. It's such a feel good show, I'll definitely enjoy watching it all season long.

Art is pretty great in this one, and succubus-sensei is pretty darn funny. Vampire-chan and Macchi are super cute.

It may be a little slow and uneventful, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.
Jan 7, 2017 1:20 PM

Dec 2013
Wasn't expecting much, but was fairly surprised. It's good to see that they're not treated as some massive rarity and that everyone generally wants to get along with them. Was looking for something relaxing and fun to watch this season and I think I found it.

Art was nice and all the girls and their VA's looked/sounded good, looking forward to more!
Jan 7, 2017 1:29 PM

Dec 2013
I still have 3 confirmed shows left to start but so far this has been my favorite episode 1.
Demi-chan seems like a show that is going to be a fun ride as they are building a world of fantasy that is interesting to learn about.
Jan 7, 2017 1:44 PM

Jun 2014
Holy Molly! It's been 3 whole years since I've found something from A1 pictures that I actually seem to like! I love the voice actors in this. The whole concept is cute and it just works so freaking well, wow! The characters are super cute and I hope I'll end up liking this all the way to the end!
:3
Jan 7, 2017 1:55 PM

Aug 2016
Very cute! I think this is going to be interesting, I'm looking forward to it!
Jan 7, 2017 1:56 PM

Feb 2015
it's a good start and i think it will be an enjoyable series to me tho.
one thing that attracts me is the character interaction and probably the character itself. not saying that it's something new to me, but somehow it's interesting and fun to watch in my perspective. i just can't get used to the dullahan girl tho xD looks kinda weird. but when i see her head on top of the pillow and looking at her own body, putting her books inside the bag, i feel like i want to help her so badly xD

just one thing that kinda become a bit problem to me from the series, the monster trope. i just, tbh i dont really like people making something from other's people idea and just modify it a little bit. although regardless, i think the the trope is pretty much looks catchy with the character xD so i like it xD

looking foward to the next episode.
Jan 7, 2017 1:56 PM
Apr 2016
This is my favorite first episode of the season so far
Jan 7, 2017 2:01 PM

Jan 2009
For some reason I was looking forward to this show the most in this season, it's nice and has interesting characters.
I can't tell why these girls like to be interviewed, and it's kinda weird that the teacher acted like he hasn't seen an Ajin before, I mean he's not new in the school and Ajins don't seem to be something rare in this world.
Anyway I'm definitely gonna continue watching.
Jan 7, 2017 2:10 PM

Nov 2011
Aaand 3/4 of the thread is "...BUT THE SOURCE!!" Sigh. I don't think I've ever seen an anime that people (who care about the source) found better. You can't enjoy a discussion about an anime that people are constantly comparing and bashing.

That said...

I really liked the first episode! The vampire girl has a really nice personality. I loved how direct and open she is. I'm totally looking forward to the next episode.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Jan 7, 2017 2:33 PM

Dec 2009
Another strange anime... i like it!
Hikari is super cute, i love her silly fidgets and stuff.

Being a succubus is suffering if you're a moralfag...
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 7, 2017 2:48 PM

Dec 2014
Pretty cute and funny show. I really like the vampire girl. Some unique little quirks spliced in here and there as well.
Jan 7, 2017 3:07 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Man, this was too cute for me to handle. The slice of life vibe feels really nice too. Totally can't wait for the next episode.
Jan 7, 2017 3:16 PM

Dec 2014
Out of everything that has aired so far, this is by far the best one. It was relaxing, none of the characters came off as obnoxious.. it just felt nice and clean (for lack of a better description).

I hope it manages to hold that vibe throughout the series.
Jan 7, 2017 3:17 PM

Apr 2014
Seems like an interesting series. Probably gonna get some romance in it between the MC and the Succubus, which will probably work out just fine.
Jan 7, 2017 3:17 PM

Jan 2013
Fantastic first episode. It has an amazing atmosphere and great character interactions!
Jan 7, 2017 3:28 PM

Nov 2008
It's fine, I suppose. Just not my cup 'o tea.

Two more monster girl shows to go

Moving on!
Jan 7, 2017 3:45 PM

Nov 2011
It should be a crime for all these girls to be so FREAKING CUTE!!!
Satou was super shy and adorable.
Hikari talking to Tetsuo-sensei and getting embarrassed was so cute.
Machi waiting for an answer from sensei though....GAHHHH ADORABLE!!!!

Loved episode one can't wait for the Snow Women to get more time as well.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 7, 2017 3:47 PM

May 2015
That was a great first episode in my opinion. Seems like this will be an interesting and fun show, and the characters are interesting as well. OP was nice and the ED was great next to that. Looking forward to what this show will bring!

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2017

216 by VetrandR »»
Apr 11, 4:58 AM

» This series would probably be better with at least SOME ecchi... ( 1 2 )

--ALEX-- - Feb 14, 2017

55 by tectacles »»
Feb 18, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2017

147 by tectacles »»
Jan 31, 5:57 AM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2017

142 by tectacles »»
Jan 30, 7:03 AM

Poll: » Demi-chan wa Kataritai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2017

148 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 27, 5:30 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.