Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 82 83 [84] 85 86 » ... Last »
Apr 1, 2017 12:27 PM

Aug 2013
chocolateparody said:
Hello everybody

I was just editing my list and wanted to use Kirara Bernstein from GJ-bu for #42. Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese.
However as I went to her character sheet it isn't specifically mentioned, does it still count?
I just watched it and she's tall and blonde, doesn't speak Japanese well but speaks english with her sister, her sister comes visit her from Canada and in her character specific outro she's only seen walking/dancing through a foreign(from japanese perspective) looking street.

Does she qualify for the #42?

Kirara Bernstein was born in Canada. So she is a valid entry
Apr 1, 2017 8:48 PM
Anime Moderator
Coolest Staff

Sep 2012
So it says that im only allowed to use one show per challenge, but if the show has a second season, is that fair game to use for another challenge?
Best Mod
Apr 1, 2017 8:55 PM

Jul 2009
Reborn118 said:
So it says that im only allowed to use one show per challenge, but if the show has a second season, is that fair game to use for another challenge?

Yes because they count as seperate entries
Apr 1, 2017 9:17 PM

Nov 2015
Quick question concerning going for the TV type Master title. I've been searching for one that fits the requirement for anime between 1917 and 1959 (#14). According to Wikipedia, which shows animated products during these years, for the majority I have checked, they are either classified as Specials/Movies on the MAL database. Is this case an exception to the TV Type Master Title? If not, I would love it if anyone had some recommendations for this.
Apr 1, 2017 9:27 PM

Sep 2015
59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread.
Apr 1, 2017 9:30 PM

Aug 2013
Sandrean said:
Quick question concerning going for the TV type Master title. I've been searching for one that fits the requirement for anime between 1917 and 1959 (#14). According to Wikipedia, which shows animated products during these years, for the majority I have checked, they are either classified as Specials/Movies on the MAL database. Is this case an exception to the TV Type Master Title? If not, I would love it if anyone had some recommendations for this.

-TV types only restriction (unless otherwise stated in the item (#1, #2 and #4); item #14 is exempted as well)

Here's some suggestions for the challenge: Suteneko Tora-chan, Kumo to Tulip (Available on YouTube)

Veronicz said:
59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread.

From your PTW list:

Aku no Hana (takes a lot of flak because of its rotoscope art, but its really good)
Gin no Saji
Baccano
Clannad
Shinsekai Yori
Gosick
jhoson14Apr 1, 2017 10:05 PM
Apr 1, 2017 9:53 PM

Nov 2015
@jhoson14

Oh I didn't notice that was changed thanks for the heads up
Thanks for the recs too
Apr 1, 2017 10:48 PM

Sep 2014
Any recommendations for #68 Watch an anime with a number in it's title - a cardinal or roman number; can't be in words that are besides 3-gatsu no Lion? been struggling to find anything good T_T

thanks xx
Apr 1, 2017 11:04 PM

Aug 2013
RuthlessMagic said:
Any recommendations for #68 Watch an anime with a number in it's title - a cardinal or roman number; can't be in words that are besides 3-gatsu no Lion? been struggling to find anything good T_T

thanks xx

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
91 Days
ACCA 13-ku Kansatsu-ka
Samurai 7
Mobile Suit Gundam The 08th MS Team
Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199
White Album 2
jhoson14Apr 1, 2017 11:08 PM
Apr 1, 2017 11:59 PM

Sep 2014
jhoson14 said:
RuthlessMagic said:

thanks xx

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
91 Days
ACCA 13-ku Kansatsu-ka
Samurai 7
Mobile Suit Gundam The 08th MS Team
Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199
White Album 2

i'll be using one of those, thank you so much! ^^
Apr 2, 2017 12:42 AM

Jan 2013
If I have a personal rule, stated in my sign-up post, of watching only TV and Movie types, so not exactly the 'master of TV-type' or whatever, can I pick a title for 11. from the 5 lowest TV and Movie types, or should I just hope there's some in 5 lowest overall?
Apr 2, 2017 2:19 AM

Aug 2013
@AWC_Mod

For n° 65. "Choose an anime from the predictive search using your username"

Since I'm going with master of TV the only anime that I got seems to be invalid entry since its a N/A Lost Song

Wont this create a exception to "You can't press the "View all results"? Haven't seen any statement at the rules that would exempt the restriction imposed by "Master of TV" to this challenge.

Thought of a workaround by taking the 14 from my name too see what it would suggest. Only TV I got I have already seen.

So here I'm to clear it with you (Thanks in advance to you or any other good soul who clear this to me ^^ ) .

PS: If there was I rule that let me use an special or ova for this and I haven't seen it, please roundhouse kick me.
Apr 2, 2017 3:29 AM
Jul 2016
Can someone recommend an anime for me ? Preferable 10-25 episodes , and you consider to be an enjoyable show .
Apr 2, 2017 3:35 AM

May 2015
ItsxPenguin said:
Can someone recommend an anime for me ? Preferable 10-25 episodes , and you consider to be an enjoyable show .
Planetes, Ping pong the animation, Mononoke, Tatami Galaxy, Mob Psycho 100, Hellsing Ultimate.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2017 7:53 AM

Jan 2017
two things:

1) for watch an anime that broadcast on a weekday, i used One punch man: road to hero (the ova)
and an anime that broadcast on a weekend, I used Death Billiards (the movie)

are both of this answers okay, they did air on a weekday, and weekend according to MAL, but does the cast that they were an ova, and movie mean that they cant be used because they might not have broadcast on tv??

is there a rule against using an anime which is an OVA which is related to a series ? (stopping me from using one punch road to hero)

2) i have to watch a Chinese, or Korean anime, but im not really that interested in this one because i dont think they'll be as good as Japanese anime. what are the best Chinese/Korean anime ?

EDIT (read)
I noticed that for number one, i cant use either of this because although they technicality aired on a weekday/weekend, they dont have a broadcast date. So i noticed that i cant do this, and will edit both these from my sign up post. I checked their air date, and didnt know there had to be a broadcast date listed below air date.

But can someone clear this up?
"is there a rule against using an anime which is an OVA which is related to a series ? (stopping me from using one punch road to hero)"
SolidWoIfApr 2, 2017 10:35 AM
Apr 2, 2017 9:24 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
jhoson14 said:
AWC_Mod For n° 65. "Choose an anime from the predictive search using your username" Since I'm going with master of TV the only anime that I got seems to be invalid entry since its a N/A Lost Song Wont this create a exception to "You can't press the "View all results"? Haven't seen any statement at the rules that would exempt the restriction imposed by "Master of TV" to this challenge. [...] PS: If there was I rule that let me use an special or ova for this and I haven't seen it, please roundhouse kick me.

It was said before but if you do complete the challenge with that restriction, take a screenshot of what you currently get. Then add as a note that you didn't get any TV and that's why you went with the "view all results". It should be accepted like that.

aifukola said:
If I have a personal rule, stated in my sign-up post, of watching only TV and Movie types, so not exactly the 'master of TV-type' or whatever, can I pick a title for 11. from the 5 lowest TV and Movie types, or should I just hope there's some in 5 lowest overall?

Since you aren't doing TV types only it will count as a personal restriction and won't be valid for the extra title, so you can watch anything you want (any of the lowest 5 in general; skipping them won't make it valid). Otherwise, if you change your mind and only want to do TV types for the extra title, for that particular item you count only the lowest 5 TV.

Kerminator said:
@sheycroix the problem is not that i have seen them or not, its the fact that all the ones that show up for me are (sequels)or (second seasons) of shows.

Please remember edit your last reply (don't double post) https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582678&show=4200#msg50174839
Also can you share a screenshot of what you get? because honestly what I said before meant that there are titles that appear there that can be watched since they aren't sequels or 2nd season. Like https://myanimelist.net/anime/20855/Bacterial_Contamination

SolidWoIf said:
1) for watch an anime that broadcast on a weekday, i used One punch man: road to hero (the ova) and an anime that broadcast on a weekend, I used Death Billiards (the movie)
are both of this answers okay, they did air on a weekday, and weekend according to MAL, but does the cast that they were an ova, and movie mean that they cant be used because they might not have broadcast on tv?? is there a rule against using an anime which is an OVA which is related to a series ? (stopping me from using one punch road to hero)[...]

For that particular item it has to be an entry that specifies it broadcast date in their anime page. If it doesn't show a broadcast it won't be valid.
SheyCroixApr 2, 2017 9:29 AM

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Apr 2, 2017 9:27 AM

Mar 2016
SolidWoIf said:
two things:

1) for watch an anime that broadcast on a weekday, i used One punch man: road to hero (the ova)
and an anime that broadcast on a weekend, I used Death Billiards (the movie)

are both of this answers okay, they did air on a weekday, and weekend according to MAL, but does the cast that they were an ova, and movie mean that they cant be used because they might not have broadcast on tv??

is there a rule against using an anime which is an OVA which is related to a series ? (stopping me from using one punch road to hero)

2) i have to watch a Chinese, or Korean anime, but im not really that interested in this one because i dont think they'll be as good as Japanese anime. what are the best Chinese/Korean anime ?

I understand what you did for Question 1, but im not sure if it counts because it doesnt say broadcast since both entries only contain 1 episode. Your gonna have to wait for @SheyCroix or @AWC_Mod to confirm if its okay.

For Question 2. I would recommend https://myanimelist.net/anime/32094/Reikenzan__Hoshikuzu-tachi_no_Utage
SojinApr 2, 2017 9:58 AM
Apr 2, 2017 10:37 AM

Jan 2017
SheyCroix said:

For that particular item it has to be an entry that specifies it broadcast date in their anime page. If it doesn't show a broadcast it won't be valid.
Sojin said:

I understand what you did for Question 1, but im not sure if it counts because it doesnt say broadcast since both entries only contain 1 episode. Your gonna have to wait for @SheyCroix or @AWC_Mod to confirm if its okay.

thank you, i know now that i cant use either of these because they dont have a broadcast dated listed below air date. i removed them from it.
Apr 2, 2017 11:31 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
ElloArt0311 said:
Ummmmm idk exactly what this is....

As the title says it's a challenge. If you have any questions post them here and someone will be able to help you.
If you plan to participate please edit your post with the provided sign up form. If not please edit your post with a "Withdrawn".

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Apr 2, 2017 12:32 PM

Jan 2015
Hey, quick questions :

1) For entry #46 :"Watch an anime that mainly takes places outside of Japan, but still on Earth", is Youjo Senki eligible to complete it ? The countries are somewhat imaginary (though heavily inspired by pre WWI Europe), but the map definitely represents Europe.

2) For entry #23 : "Watch an anime broadcast on a weekend", does Friday evening (like 10pm) count as week-end already or strictly Saturday/Sunday ?
Apr 2, 2017 12:49 PM

Mar 2016
HapHazrD said:
Hey, quick questions :

1) For entry #46 :"Watch an anime that mainly takes places outside of Japan, but still on Earth", is Youjo Senki eligible to complete it ? The countries are somewhat imaginary (though heavily inspired by pre WWI Europe), but the map definitely represents Europe.

2) For entry #23 : "Watch an anime broadcast on a weekend", does Friday evening (like 10pm) count as week-end already or strictly Saturday/Sunday ?
Question 1: Honestly I'd say it counts, It says Alternate Universe of Europe which means its on another "Earth", but you'd need to wait for @AWC_Mod or @SheyCroix to confirm

Question 2: No that would not count. Weekend's are strictly Saturday and Sunday.
Apr 2, 2017 1:08 PM

Jul 2012
HapHazrD said:
Hey, quick questions :

For the first one it's an alternate world so it's not on Earth, thus it wouldn't count for the challenge.
Apr 2, 2017 1:09 PM

Jan 2015
Sojin said:
HapHazrD said:
Hey, quick questions :

Question 1: Honestly I'd say it counts, It says Alternate Universe of Europe which means its on another "Earth", but you'd need to wait for @AWC_Mod or @SheyCroix to confirm

Question 2: No that would not count. Weekend's are strictly Saturday and Sunday.

OK thx for the help. Will wait on further confirmation for the first question then.
Apr 2, 2017 1:11 PM

Nov 2011
Does anyone have recommendations? I got #59. I can recommend back if needed c:

Apr 2, 2017 1:27 PM
Apr 2, 2017 1:37 PM
Feb 2017
43. Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field.

Would Boku no Hero Academia Season 2 count? All Might/Aizawa as Professional Heroes. I was thinking of rewatching Yuri on Ice (Skater) but I dont know if theyll accept that.
Apr 2, 2017 1:43 PM

Mar 2016
Silangan said:
43. Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field.

Would Boku no Hero Academia Season 2 count? All Might/Aizawa as Professional Heroes. I was thinking of rewatching Yuri on Ice (Skater) but I dont know if theyll accept that.
Yes Boku no Hero Academia would count. They are also considered teachers so im sure they get paid.
Apr 2, 2017 2:13 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
HapHazrD said:
Hey, quick questions : 1) For entry #46 :"Watch an anime that mainly takes places outside of Japan, but still on Earth", is Youjo Senki eligible to complete it ? The countries are somewhat imaginary (though heavily inspired by pre WWI Europe), but the map definitely represents Europe.[...]

(@Sojin)

As @GamerDLM said it mainly takes in an alternate fantasy world so it doesn't count for that particular item

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Apr 2, 2017 2:23 PM

Mar 2016
Apr 2, 2017 2:49 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011

* pats the top of the head *
Come~, let me hug you~

Don't make me break the thread rules ;D (posting things unrelated to the challenge)
SheyCroixApr 2, 2017 2:53 PM

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Apr 2, 2017 3:10 PM

Jan 2015
SheyCroix said:
HapHazrD said:
Hey, quick questions : 1) For entry #46 :"Watch an anime that mainly takes places outside of Japan, but still on Earth", is Youjo Senki eligible to complete it ? The countries are somewhat imaginary (though heavily inspired by pre WWI Europe), but the map definitely represents Europe.[...]

(@Sojin)

As @GamerDLM said it mainly takes in an alternate fantasy world so it doesn't count for that particular item

OK thx for the precision, I'll just put it somewhere else.
Apr 2, 2017 3:19 PM

Nov 2014
Hallo peoplez , i've been really busy with work recently and haven't had the time to relax and watch some nice anime , would you all have some recommendation for 42 <Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese>
?
I'd like Something pretty short , like 13 épisodes or so, Something that when you start you just forget about everything and you wanna binge Watch it all :3

thanks c:

Apr 2, 2017 3:48 PM

Jul 2012
shamshamm said:
Hallo peoplez , i've been really busy with work recently and haven't had the time to relax and watch some nice anime , would you all have some recommendation for 42 <Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese>
?
I'd like Something pretty short , like 13 épisodes or so, Something that when you start you just forget about everything and you wanna binge Watch it all :3

thanks c:

From your plan to watch the first two completed titles I noticed were Baccano and Nanbaka (2017) . Another option would be Attack on Titan season 2 which you also have listed in your ptw since it started airing.
You also have Hellsing: the Dawn listed so you could watch any of the versions of that (including that special if you just want to breeze through the challenge).
GamerDLMApr 2, 2017 3:59 PM
Apr 2, 2017 6:25 PM

Dec 2010
Quick question regarding:
41 - Watch an anime with a main character that doesn't look human. Needs at least 1 main character with traits humans don't have. Includes, but not limited to, animal ears, tails, horns, wings, fur, Ryuk, and so on.

I just want to clarify if a tanuki (mythical shape-shifting raccoon) from the series Uchouten Kazoku would be okay for this, since they spend most of their time looking like normal humans?

Thanks in advance :)
Apr 2, 2017 8:03 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
@BanzaiJedi using Yajirou it should be okay

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Apr 2, 2017 9:46 PM
Jan 2017
Yo guys, I need a recommendation for a challenge: Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread
Apr 2, 2017 10:31 PM
Sep 2015
SheyCroix said:

Since you aren't doing TV types only it will count as a personal restriction and won't be valid for the extra title, so you can watch anything you want (any of the lowest 5 in general; skipping them won't make it valid). Otherwise, if you change your mind and only want to do TV types for the extra title, for that particular item you count only the lowest 5 TV.

W-w-w-ait, sensei. You're telling me that users with restrictions are allowed to only look at the lowest five entries applicable to their restriction, and not just the lowest five at all? Well, I'll be damned. That's helpful. Now, obviously you'll only permit one of my restrictions, so I still have to tweak this, but this makes it significantly easier. As it was, most of the lower rated things from studios tend to be small specials and the like anyhow, so I thought this was stacked a bit poorly even disregarding my restrictions. Glad to know there's a clause for that.

Apr 2, 2017 10:45 PM

Jul 2016
ChaoticGamer9000 said:
Yo guys, I need a recommendation for a challenge: Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

I recommend:
Fate/zero
Trigun
Zankyou no Terror
Apr 2, 2017 11:40 PM

Mar 2015
Can I use Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 for #62 Watch an anime that hasn't been reviewed since it still doesn't have any "legit" reviews til now? I think it had a review before but it got deleted..

Oh and would Tamako Market count for #11 Watch one of the 5 lowest scored anime from your favorite studio? Says that it's the 5th lowest scored TV series of KyoAni.. just making sure.
EtzelApr 2, 2017 11:55 PM

Even if the future awaiting me is so bright that it's blinding,
If I'm to face it alone, there's no real meaning in it.. ♫♫

Apr 3, 2017 6:49 AM

Aug 2016
For #71 Watch an anime with a main character that doesn't have a natural hair color - state the character; excludes black, brown, blonde, red, white and gray is Emiya Shirou a valid option?

Checked the TYPE-MOON wiki and it said he had auburn hair which is sort of red but still wanted to ask because it seems more orange to me than red.

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Apr 3, 2017 7:42 AM

Mar 2016
Lufwa said:
For #71 Watch an anime with a main character that doesn't have a natural hair color - state the character; excludes black, brown, blonde, red, white and gray is Emiya Shirou a valid option?

Checked the TYPE-MOON wiki and it said he had auburn hair which is sort of red but still wanted to ask because it seems more orange to me than red.
Sadly that would not count :(

Apr 3, 2017 7:45 AM

Aug 2016
Sojin said:
Lufwa said:

Sadly that would not count :(

That's too bad. Anyway, thanks dude :)

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Apr 3, 2017 7:49 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Nomuit said:
W-w-w-ait, sensei.

As long as you complete the challenge with that restriction, yeah. You can use it

Etzel said:
Can I use Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 for #62 Watch an anime that hasn't been reviewed since it still doesn't have any "legit" reviews til now? I think it had a review before but it got deleted..

Oh and would Tamako Market count for #11 Watch one of the 5 lowest scored anime from your favorite studio? Says that it's the 5th lowest scored TV series of KyoAni.. just making sure.

#62 - if you can start watching it now, yes. Make sure to link to a screenshot of the review tab showing your username.
#11 - As long as you complete the challenge with that restriction then yes, it's valid.

Lufwa said:
For #71 Watch an anime with a main character that doesn't have a natural hair color is Emiya Shirou a valid option?

I would say no since it's more a shade of red than orange (at least it's supposed to be)

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Apr 3, 2017 8:13 AM

Feb 2015
Can anybody recommend a good anime please?
Apr 3, 2017 8:14 AM

Aug 2016
You could watch tengen toppa guren lagann, its really good...
Apr 3, 2017 10:15 AM

Jan 2013
Time for me to finally ask for a reccomendation aswell:

⌜59⌝ Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread:

Preferably something from my "Plan to Watch" list which you think is a must watch.
Don't be afraid to recommend multiple entries. :)
Apr 3, 2017 10:22 AM

Oct 2014
PrOxAnto said:

Preferably something from my "Plan to Watch" list which you think is a must watch.
Chuunibyou
Fullmetal Alchemist
Tsumiki no Ie
Apr 3, 2017 10:22 AM

Mar 2016
PrOxAnto said:

I recommend
https://myanimelist.net/anime/22199/Akame_ga_Kill
https://myanimelist.net/anime/32281/Kimi_no_Na_wa
https://myanimelist.net/anime/21843/Shingeki_no_Bahamut__Genesis
https://myanimelist.net/anime/32268/Koyomimonogatari
Apr 3, 2017 10:56 AM
Aug 2015
How do you search using tags? Or how do tags work? And what are they?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 82 83 [84] 85 86 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Attack on skibidi toilet (attack on Titan story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 1 hour ago

2 by BitChilly »»
2 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

196 by ISeeLifePeople »»
7 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 8 hours ago

18 by Subarctic-Forest »»
9 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

69 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
20 minutes ago

» Why are most current goblins green?

Absurdo_N - 4 hours ago

14 by traed »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.