Forum Settings
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (152) « First ... « 79 80 [81] 82 83 » ... Last »

Mar 25, 2017 6:51 AM

@zombie_pegasus Now I got it, Thanks for responding
I f y o u 'r e g o i n g t o h i t i t, h i t i t u n t il i t b r e a k s

Mar 25, 2017 10:17 AM

Hi everyone! I need a recommendation for the challenge. Anything about 20 episodes is fine, I don't mind hentai ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Mar 25, 2017 11:48 AM

smugasuka said:
Hi everyone! I need a recommendation for the challenge. Anything about 20 episodes is fine, I don't mind hentai ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No hentai recommendations but I got something else:
3-gatsu no Lion (22 episode)
Shinsekai yori (25 episode)

Mar 25, 2017 12:32 PM

@Puchkov Okay, thanks for letting me know.

Mar 25, 2017 5:46 PM
Any recs for challenge 59 and 60 lads? Just not anything longer than 2 cour at most please.

Mar 25, 2017 5:59 PM
i dont really get this one... any one care to explain it a little better?
74. Choose a random trope from TVTropes and watch an anime listed under the trope - unless a specific title/anime is referenced in the example area, you can use any from the franchise mentioned. If the page says that the trope/examples shouldn't be used as one it won't be valid. Remember to look for the area in the trope that says "Examples" -> "Anime and Manga"

Mar 25, 2017 6:07 PM

sanikfast121 said:
Any recs for challenge 59 and 60 lads? Just not anything longer than 2 cour at most please.

Well i can't give you something in #60 since i haven't started anything watching yet but i have
few Recommendations for #59

https://myanimelist.net/anime/24765/Gakkougurashi
- Good anime. Also the 1st episode and the openings were nice

https://myanimelist.net/anime/23273/Shigatsu_wa_Kimi_no_Uso
-A very good series; also very fitting to watch in the next month :v

https://myanimelist.net/anime/339/Serial_Experiments_Lain
- watch this if you're prepared to be confuse or to analyze every detail. You have been warned

https://myanimelist.net/anime/4896/Umineko_no_Naku_Koro_ni
-one of my all time favorites.I suggest you watch this and play the VN afterwards.
(also Beatrice is the best character in the whole show)

I can't recommend more since you've already watched most of my favorites and the ones that i would also want to recommend.I hope you enjoy these shows as much as i did.
Modified by kuromi_hideaki, Mar 25, 2017 6:16 PM

Mar 25, 2017 6:12 PM

Kerminator said:
i dont really get this one... any one care to explain it a little better?
74. Choose a random trope from TVTropes and watch an anime listed under the trope - unless a specific title/anime is referenced in the example area, you can use any from the franchise mentioned. If the page says that the trope/examples shouldn't be used as one it won't be valid. Remember to look for the area in the trope that says "Examples" -> "Anime and Manga"

The number is wrong but click the link given to the website. Then in the top center/right there's a blue button with the words "Random Trope" click that and it will take you to a random page. Look for an anime or manga section and find a series (It's below the section labelled examples and probably looks like a gray box with a folder icon on the left). If there isn't one listed hit the button again, or if you've seen everything hit the button again.
The rest of the description implies if it lists a franchise without saying a specific season then you can use anything from the franchise to complete the challenge.
Modified by GamerDLM, Mar 25, 2017 6:16 PM

Mar 25, 2017 6:17 PM
kuromi_hideaki said:
sanikfast121 said:

Well i can't give you something in #60 since i haven't started anything watching yet but i have
few Recommendations for #59

https://myanimelist.net/anime/24765/Gakkougurashi
- Good anime. Also the 1st episode and the openings were nice

https://myanimelist.net/anime/23273/Shigatsu_wa_Kimi_no_Uso
-a very good series; also very fitting to watch in april

https://myanimelist.net/anime/339/Serial_Experiments_Lain
- watch this if you're prepared to be confuse or to analyze every detail. You have been warned

https://myanimelist.net/anime/4896/Umineko_no_Naku_Koro_ni
-one of my all time favorites.I suggest you watch this and play the VN afterwards.

I can't recommend more since you've already most of my favorites.I hope you enjoy them as much as i do

Thanks for these, can't wait for the mindfuck these shows will give.

Mar 25, 2017 7:25 PM

Does the anime have to watched after you've signed up fro the challenge or before?

Mar 25, 2017 7:38 PM
Onii-sama

Chillx75 said:
Does the anime have to watched after you've signed up fro the challenge or before?
You can use any anime that you have started and finished in 2017.

Mar 25, 2017 9:07 PM

Can someone recommend me a 12-episode anime? Thank you <3

Mar 25, 2017 9:39 PM

virusungen said:
smugasuka said:

No hentai recommendations but I got something else:
3-gatsu no Lion (22 episode)
Shinsekai yori (25 episode)

Both of these seem pretty good. Thank you so much c:

Mar 25, 2017 10:02 PM

For my challenge, I have the restriction of TV series only. I have challenge #1 which is Watch an ONA or stand-alone OVA. I know this is exempted from my challenge but do I replace it with another challenge, is there something I am not reading, or do I have a space that I don't fill before I submit?
This is a signature. It is used to hold images and words. However, I am using it to store these lines your reading right now!

Mar 25, 2017 10:05 PM
Onii-sama

Butterstroke said:
For my challenge, I have the restriction of TV series only. I have challenge #1 which is Watch an ONA or stand-alone OVA. I know this is exempted from my challenge but do I replace it with another challenge, is there something I am not reading, or do I have a space that I don't fill before I submit?
Nonononono, you dont replace/remove that challenge. That challenge is simply exempt from your TV Restriction, you still watch an OVA/ONA
coalas said:
Can someone recommend me a 12-episode anime? Thank you <3
I recommend
https://myanimelist.net/anime/33094/WWWWorking
https://myanimelist.net/anime/18245/White_Album_2
https://myanimelist.net/anime/30015/ReLIFE
https://myanimelist.net/anime/30296/Rakudai_Kishi_no_Cavalry

Mar 25, 2017 10:24 PM

when it says to only count anime watched during the challenge period, does that mean, anime watched once you started the challenge? or can it include anime watched and completed before i started the challenge as long as it's within this challenge's period?

sorry does that question make any sense, LOL ~

ようこそ!
call me sofi.
i love bnha & haikyuu!! & bl.
dattebayo

Mar 25, 2017 10:59 PM

I would like a recommendation around 1 cour and please "@" me. Thank you

Mar 25, 2017 11:47 PM

ohtsundere said:
when it says to only count anime watched during the challenge period, does that mean, anime watched once you started the challenge? or can it include anime watched and completed before i started the challenge as long as it's within this challenge's period?

sorry does that question make any sense, LOL ~

Only anime seen during 2017 counts. If you started watching it by January 01 onwards its a valid entry.

-Hyper- said:
I would like a recommendation around 1 cour and please "@" me. Thank you

From your Plan to Watch list if you don't mind ^^

Acchi Kocchi
Baccano
Gin no Saji
Mob Psycho 100
White Album 2

Modified by jhoson14, Mar 25, 2017 11:52 PM

Mar 26, 2017 3:05 AM

Hi! Need help with 59, would prefer something not too long, like 26 episodes max please.

Also : "Watch an active staff member's favorite anime" How can we know who is active in the list? Or if someone could give a recommendation for this one it would be great.

Mar 26, 2017 3:11 AM

Spheal said:
Hi! Need help with 59, would prefer something not too long, like 26 episodes max please.

Also : "Watch an active staff member's favorite anime" How can we know who is active in the list? Or if someone could give a recommendation for this one it would be great.
Nerima Daikon Brothers, Detroit Metal City, and Sore ga Seiyuu are some short comedy anime that take place somewhat in the work force, which you seem to like.

https://myanimelist.net/about.php?go=team
Any mod from any section other than "retired moderators" counts. You haven't seen Sora no Woto which Shocked has on his list.

Mar 26, 2017 3:15 AM

zombie_pegasus said:
Spheal said:

Nerima Daikon Brothers, Detroit Metal City, and Sore ga Seiyuu are some short comedy anime that take place somewhat in the work force, which you seem to like.

https://myanimelist.net/about.php?go=team
Any mod from any section other than "retired moderators" counts. You haven't seen Sora no Woto which Shocked has on his list.

Thank you for the precision and the recommendations, Sore ga Seiyuu seems nice and I had Sora no Woto on my sight!

Mar 26, 2017 6:02 AM

Hey, can someone recommend me something for #59?

Something sci-fi or fantasy would be great, maybe with a bit of romance mixed in.

Mar 26, 2017 7:43 AM

elrond99 said:

Something sci-fi or fantasy would be great, maybe with a bit of romance mixed in.

I don't see Plastic Memories on your list. You might want to try check that out.

Mar 26, 2017 10:05 AM

Hi, can anyone help me with the #59? Some of the next new spring animes would be good!

Mar 26, 2017 10:16 AM
elrond99 said:

Crest of the stars, the MCs have a similar relationship as in Spice and Wolf but the setting is sci-fi instead of fantasy and the themes of the show are different too.

Planetes is also a great sci-fi show and it has some romance in it.

Listen, everybody wants change, don't nobody want to change though
don't nobody want to pray, till they got something to pray for
now everybody's gonna die, but don't everybody live though

Mar 26, 2017 1:06 PM

Hi! Need help with #59... something short would be great, preferred genres would be comedy, slice of life or shounen.

Recommendations on #14, #15 and #16 would be most welcome too, since I'm really lost on anything pre-90s. (^▽^;)

Mar 26, 2017 1:07 PM

Can someone suggest something not too long (preferably 1 or 2-cours) for #36: Watch a completed anime with more user in "Plan-to-Watch" than "Completed"?
Modified by Lixaxy, Mar 26, 2017 1:22 PM

Mar 26, 2017 1:13 PM

Hello :)
Can anyone give me some recommendations for "41. Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese"?
1-cour or a movie would be preferable.

Mar 26, 2017 1:15 PM

LordessMeep said:
Hi! Need help with #59... something short would be great, preferred genres would be comedy, slice of life or shounen.

Recommendations on #14, #15 and #16 would be most welcome too, since I'm really lost on anything pre-90s. (^▽^;)

For #15 we have series like Jungle Taitei, Mirai Shounen Conan (which I'm watching) and Rose of Versailles.

For #59 Honobono Log for something shorter, or Nichijou.

Hope something catches your interest!

Mar 26, 2017 1:17 PM

Hello ^^
I have a question about "Watch an anime with a main character that doesn't look human"
Does a main character who is not human such as a cat fulfill this? or must this character be human but have some non-human physical traits?

"I used to be a fan but now I'm an air conditioner"
~ Akarin

Mar 26, 2017 1:20 PM

beatrizso100 said:
Hi, can anyone help me with the #59? Some of the next new spring animes would be good!

Sword Oratoria (you should be able to watch it without watching DanMachi first) or Sakurada Reset maybe? Otherwise, one very underrated anime from the past seasons would be Nanbaka.

Mar 26, 2017 1:23 PM

Lixaxy said:
beatrizso100 said:

Sword Oratoria (you should be able to watch it without watching DanMachi first) or Sakurada Reset maybe? Otherwise, one very underrated anime from the past seasons would be Nanbaka.

Thanks, I'll get this Sakurada Reset! ^^

Mar 26, 2017 1:24 PM

Kazzers said:
Hello ^^
I have a question about "Watch an anime with a main character that doesn't look human"
Does a main character who is not human such as a cat fulfill this? or must this character be human but have some non-human physical traits?

I also have a question about that one. Does the character need to be in that form the whole time, or can it be some kind of transformation?

Mar 26, 2017 1:27 PM

Lixaxy said:
LordessMeep said:

For #15 we have series like Jungle Taitei, Mirai Shounen Conan (which I'm watching) and Rose of Versailles.

For #59 Honobono Log for something shorter, or Nichijou.

Hope something catches your interest!

Ooh, thank you for those recs! Honobono Log seems like exactly what I need! Mirai Shounen Conan looks pretty cool.. and I've always shyed away from Rose of Versailles. Maybe it's finally the time to give it a proper watch.
Modified by LordessMeep, Mar 26, 2017 1:46 PM

Mar 26, 2017 3:32 PM
I'm so confused at how you sign up. This is my first time, and my mind can't handle this confusion. Can someone tell me how exactly you sign up, because boiiiiiiiii this is giving me a headache

Mar 26, 2017 3:46 PM

The_Anime_Geek said:
I'm so confused at how you sign up. This is my first time, and my mind can't handle this confusion. Can someone tell me how exactly you sign up, because boiiiiiiiii this is giving me a headache

The instructions are listed here and here
But to summarize go to the randomizer link given on sign up page. Copy the code given. Paste the code in the sign-up thread then you can edit it the individual sections (anything listed with <XXX> needs to have something filled in).
The ones you immediately need to do are the bingo card you get from the randomizer, the initial post number, and the easy information like the link to your list.
Afterwards you can start going through your bingo card and checking what challenges you have. Then you can glance through the patterns and pick on that fits the challenges you want to do, or just do every challenge on the card.
The challenge list is here match the number with the challenge to the ones on the card to see what you have. Probably recommend keeping a list somewhere or on your sign-up form.
Modified by GamerDLM, Mar 26, 2017 3:50 PM

Mar 26, 2017 6:09 PM
Need some help with 59, anyone got a good anime to watch? please dont give me one with like more than 50 episodes. Thanks!

Mar 26, 2017 6:28 PM

Duffykinz said:
Need some help with 59, anyone got a good anime to watch? please dont give me one with like more than 50 episodes. Thanks!

No Game No Life
Baccano!
Bakuman
Gangsta
Haibane Renmei
One Punch Man
Hitsugi no Chaika
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Kuroko no Basket
Death Parade
Hamatora
Shiki

Hopefully you find one you like lol

Mar 26, 2017 9:00 PM

Kazzers said:
Hello ^^

As longs its listed as main character a cat is a valid entry. Since it doesn't look human at all.

Here's an example:

Madara (Nyanko Sensei) from Natsume Yuujinchou

Lixaxy said:
I also have a question about that one. Does the character need to be in that form the whole time, or can it be some kind of transformation?

It could have an humanoid form; but I would recommend that they must have something that a human doesn't to play it safe xD.

Like Tooru from Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon . Even in her humanoid form she still have horns, lizard eyes and tail.

Here's a recommendation for this challenge: Hoozuki no Reitetsu

Mar 27, 2017 12:32 AM

Got a question about #42 "Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese".

Would Hetalia count for this?

Mar 27, 2017 1:21 AM
So, at the onset of this I'd decided to restrict myself to Sci-Fi and TV Types, even knowing the pain it'll bring. However, I rolled #73, and the only thing I had officially on hold is Trinity Blood, which does not have the sci-fi tag.
Is it still permitted to use this (one weak defence is that from what I'm aware of, halfway through and over a year on, the plot involves vampires being born on Mars or some shit due to a virus; one could argue that's sci-fi, especially as the plot from what I've seen also uses strange mechanisms and such throughout, as well) and consider it as a Sci-Fi only run?

If not, would it be permissible to use the god-awful work that is Date A Live instead, as that's billed as sci-fi? I started it back in 2015 (just before Trinity Blood, I believe, actually), and couldn't stand it after two episodes (amongst other reasons); I just never moved it to On Hold. I recently watched two more episodes in a vain attempt to begin decluttering my watching list, hence the discrepancy.

Of course, given that this isn't a bingo card issue and just a restriction issue, I can imagine it not being considered worth the exemption. Still, I figured it's worth asking before I devote myself to watching (non-)Sci-Fi shows for the run, only to find out later it was okay/not okay to consider TB or DAL for #73.

TL;DR Can I use Trinity Blood as a sci-fi on-hold, or can I use Date A Live instead, or neither and give up my aspirations?

EDIT:

PantsuAndButts said:
🍡 Difficulty: Emperor, Master of Ecchi
As amusing as this is, @PantsuAndButts, I don't believe Ecchi is an accepted genre restriction. May need to ask about that. :p

EDITx2:

I also got a #59, so if anyone wishes to hit me up with a (TV Type, Sci-Fi) recc, go for it. I don't really care about the length, although if I'd prefer it be anime-original, or else I'll just go reading/playing/ect. it too (although that'd help with the manga challenge...)
Modified by 12313weaq3, Mar 27, 2017 1:28 AM

Mar 27, 2017 1:55 AM

Nomuit said:
PantsuAndButts said:
🍡 Difficulty: Emperor, Master of Ecchi
As amusing as this is, @PantsuAndButts, I don't believe Ecchi is an accepted genre restriction. May need to ask about that. :p
You think so? I guess it is very general. Not really a genre as much as it is a classification of the show's content. Then again, there's like a million shows on this site classified as 'comedy' since it's a normal part of most anime and that passes.

Maybe I'll ask but I assume someone would have already pulled me aside and told me if it wouldn't work.

Mar 27, 2017 2:17 AM
PantsuAndButts said:
Nomuit said:
You think so? I guess it is very general. Not really a genre as much as it is a classification of the show's content. Then again, there's like a million shows on this site classified as 'comedy' since it's a normal part of most anime and that passes.

Maybe I'll ask but I assume someone would have already pulled me aside and told me if it wouldn't work.

I don't know how they vet the entries so I don't really know one way or another. They may assume that your list is up for edit up until the turn-in time, since it's mentioned in the FAQ some people get pulled aside due to errors at that point.

With the exception of "School", all of the others seem to be general genres, as opposed to thematic genres (although when it comes to anime and manga even school is a general genre, I suppose). Which are phrases I've pulled out of my ass to describe ever present content or style (drama, action, adventure) as opposed to stuff actively being used in the work, like dementia (whatever the hell that's really used for), or magical girls, or cars, or mecha. Sort of like a merging of the genre and tag categories you'd see on some sites.

Hell, shounen isn't even a genre technically, so if we were to take the word genre literally we'd have to cut that out, too. I think it's best to not focus on the word they used for the restriction and more what they allow for said restriction.

Of course, if ecchi is an acceptable genre they should hurry up and say so, so that others can follow your lead. ;)

Mar 27, 2017 2:18 AM

LordessMeep said:
Got a question about #42 "Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese".

Yes, the protagonist is Italian (in fact, aside from Japan all of the main characters are from various non-Japanese countries).

Mar 27, 2017 2:48 AM

zombie_pegasus said:
LordessMeep said:

Yes, the protagonist is Italian (in fact, aside from Japan all of the main characters are from various non-Japanese countries).

Yayyy! This will let me knock out both Beautiful World and The World Twinkle from my PtW. (♡°▽°♡)

Thanks!

Mar 27, 2017 3:33 AM

How do I find an anime that has not been reviewed yet? I do find some anime, but most of them don't have a sub/dub or I just can't find them online at all. >.<

Mar 27, 2017 6:22 AM

Guess it's my turn to ask for a recommendation för #59

I'm fine with anything between 10-26 episodes
meh :v

Mar 27, 2017 7:08 AM

modaren said:

How about Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita (12 episode)

Mar 27, 2017 7:41 AM

Alaskax said:
How do I find an anime that has not been reviewed yet? I do find some anime, but most of them don't have a sub/dub or I just can't find them online at all. >.<

how about Youjo Shenki ?
its a ONA short anime that only runs for 3 minutes;
it also wouldn't take too much time to watch though you can consider it as a stand-alone show,i would still recommend you to watch the main series, Youjo Senki
Modified by kuromi_hideaki, Mar 27, 2017 7:53 AM

Mar 27, 2017 8:37 AM

virusungen said:
modaren said:

How about Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita (12 episode)

I've been thinking about watching that one earlier and now I have a good reason to do so, thanks.
meh :v

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (152) « First ... « 79 80 [81] 82 83 » ... Last »