Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 67 68 [69] 70 71 » ... Last »
Feb 25, 2017 7:04 AM

Oct 2011
Hi guys! Kindly recommend me anything for #59 ;)

Many many many thanks :D
Feb 25, 2017 7:13 AM

Apr 2011
snuffless said:

How about Hibike! Euphonium? The second season just ended last season.
Feb 25, 2017 7:20 AM

Oct 2011
yhunata said:
snuffless said:

I was planning to put Hibike! in my #4 haha. But okay! Thank you for this yhunata :)
Feb 25, 2017 7:26 AM

Apr 2011
snuffless said:
yhunata said:

I was planning to put Hibike! in my #4 haha. But okay! Thank you for this yhunata :)

Why not use the first season for #4 and if you like it, use the second season for #59? Alternatively, you could watch Lucky Star. Actually, consider Lucky Star also a rec from me. This way you can use both anime for your challenge.
Feb 25, 2017 7:31 AM

Oct 2011
yhunata said:
snuffless said:

Why not use the first season for #4 and if you like it, use the second season for #59? Alternatively, you could watch Lucky Star. Actually, consider Lucky Star also a rec from me. This way you can use both anime for your challenge.

Greeeaaat! Lucky Star is not on my list yet. haha I'll take that as my #59 then. That way I'll have Hibike! Euphonium as my #4. Thanks again mate. :)
Feb 25, 2017 7:35 AM

Mar 2016
snuffless said:
yhunata said:

Greeeaaat! Lucky Star is not on my list yet. haha I'll take that as my #59 then. That way I'll have Hibike! Euphonium as my #4. Thanks again mate. :)
You realize that challenge 4 is watch a music type anime not a music genre anime.
You would need to watch something like this for Challenge 4
https://myanimelist.net/anime/17901/All_Alone_With_You
Hibike would fit for Challenge 58. Watch an anime tagged as Kids, Magic and/or Music
Feb 25, 2017 7:37 AM

Oct 2011
Sojin said:
snuffless said:

You realize that challenge 4 is watch a music type anime not a music genre anime.
You would need to watch something like this for Challenge 4
https://myanimelist.net/anime/17901/All_Alone_With_You
Hibike would fit for Challenge 58. Watch an anime tagged as Kids, Magic and/or Music

Oh okay! Sorry I misunderstood. Thanks for the tip! :) #4 is a piece of cake then.
Feb 25, 2017 8:29 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
@snuffless please don't double post~ just edit your last reply
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582678&show=3450#msg49787537

(nice avatar)

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Feb 25, 2017 8:38 AM

Oct 2011
SheyCroix said:
@snuffless please don't double post~ just edit your last reply
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582678&show=3450#msg49787537

(nice avatar)

Oops! I'm sorry about that. I deleted it now since someone has already recommended for him anyway ;)
(and thanks, yours is cute too)
Feb 25, 2017 7:10 PM

Jun 2016
Would like a recommendation for Challenge Item #59. No genre I dislike, just please nothing terribly long as I'm shooting for Emperor and already burned a month doing Hunter x Hunter 2011 for this. Thanks!
Feb 25, 2017 7:23 PM

Mar 2016
Treima said:
Would like a recommendation for Challenge Item #59. No genre I dislike, just please nothing terribly long as I'm shooting for Emperor and already burned a month doing Hunter x Hunter 2011 for this. Thanks!
I tried to give you a wide variety of genres to chose from. Hopefully something will interest you ^_^
https://myanimelist.net/anime/14075/Zetsuen_no_Tempest
https://myanimelist.net/anime/10162/Usagi_Drop
https://myanimelist.net/anime/19369/Outbreak_Company
https://myanimelist.net/anime/20507/Noragami
https://myanimelist.net/anime/20583/Haikyuu
https://myanimelist.net/anime/25013/Akatsuki_no_Yona
Feb 25, 2017 7:27 PM

Oct 2013
Treima said:

Ooh, I see we share a few favorites. Why not try... Black Lagoon?
Feb 25, 2017 7:44 PM

Jun 2016
Sojin said:
Treima said:
I tried to give you a wide variety of genres to chose from. Hopefully something will interest you ^_^
https://myanimelist.net/anime/14075/Zetsuen_no_Tempest
https://myanimelist.net/anime/10162/Usagi_Drop
https://myanimelist.net/anime/19369/Outbreak_Company
https://myanimelist.net/anime/20507/Noragami
https://myanimelist.net/anime/20583/Haikyuu
https://myanimelist.net/anime/25013/Akatsuki_no_Yona

Oh crap I have to choose. Guess I'll give Usagi Drop a try, thanks!
Feb 25, 2017 7:49 PM

Aug 2015
I just wanted to say-
The banners for the challenge are freaking amazing.
I would like to participate just so I could use one but sadly I don't watch anime anymore lol
Feb 25, 2017 8:01 PM

Jan 2017
Need some recommendations for challenge #59. Preferably Comedy anime, please.
These Easter hunts will be the death of me, I swear.
Feb 25, 2017 8:46 PM
Jan 2017
So during this challenge where I happen to struggle enough with old anime, I encountered a unique problem. For one of my entries (45) I wanted to watch "the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya". To those who have seen it, you will know one problem is that the episodes were not broadcasted in chronological order. Unfortunately, I have already watched 14 episodes from what I believe to be broadcast order, but I can tell you that the way I am watching it has the endless eight start at episode 12. I will probably watch the full series and try to avoid using multiple seasons anyway, but which episodes I finish have an impact on the end date. I'd appreciate a short resolution to my problem. Also, a hint on old anime would be nice to, I have 15, 16 and 17 on my list. Thanks!
Art is dead, and we killed it.
Feb 25, 2017 10:52 PM

Apr 2014
VoidPixels said:
Need some recommendations for challenge #59. Preferably Comedy anime, please.

Here is some comedy anime

Seitokai Yakuindomo
Teekyuu
Hetalia Axis Powers
Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.
Osomatsu-san
Azumanga Daioh
Feb 25, 2017 11:05 PM

Jul 2012
Eguy said:
So during this challenge where I happen to struggle enough with old anime, I encountered a unique problem. For one of my entries (45) I wanted to watch "the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya". To those who have seen it, you will know one problem is that the episodes were not broadcasted in chronological order. Unfortunately, I have already watched 14 episodes from what I believe to be broadcast order, but I can tell you that the way I am watching it has the endless eight start at episode 12. I will probably watch the full series and try to avoid using multiple seasons anyway, but which episodes I finish have an impact on the end date. I'd appreciate a short resolution to my problem. Also, a hint on old anime would be nice to, I have 15, 16 and 17 on my list. Thanks!

Use the start/end date of the entry you plan on using for the challenge be it first season or second season. But since you referenced Disappearance specifically that's the movie so it doesn't really apply to your scenario. So in short you can only link one entry for the challenge anyway so just pick whichever one you want and apply the dates accordingly.
GamerDLMFeb 25, 2017 11:17 PM
Feb 26, 2017 12:39 AM
Jan 2017
59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread
As of right now i dont really have a type but i do like watching Actions, Comedy, Schools, and romance. Not Harem Though Plz help me.
Feb 26, 2017 1:32 AM

Apr 2014
iBoi said:
As of right now i dont really have a type but i do like watching Actions, Comedy, Schools, and romance. Not Harem Though Plz help me.

Recommendation from different genres:

Seitokai Yakuindomo
Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
Bakemonogatari
Byousoku 5 Centimeter
Kotonoha no Niwa
Natsume Yuujinchou
Shinsekai yori
Eve no Jikan (Both movie and ONA)
Mawaru Penguindrum
Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki
NHK ni Youkoso!
Usagi Drop
Zankyouu no Terror
Durarara
Death Parade
Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai
Shirobako
White Album 2
Feb 26, 2017 4:13 AM

Jan 2009
Hey, I'm also looking for recommendations for #59 Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread. I'm pretty easy on the genre, apart from Ecchi and Horror type of stuff. Thanks!
Feb 26, 2017 4:41 AM

Apr 2011
chii said:
Hey, I'm also looking for recommendations for #59 Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread. I'm pretty easy on the genre, apart from Ecchi and Horror type of stuff. Thanks!

Blood Lad
Gankutsuou
Guin Saga
Hoozuki no Reitetsu
One Outs
Sakamichi no Apollon
Space Dandy
Tiger & Bunny

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Feb 26, 2017 4:45 AM

Aug 2016
Does Tonari no 801-chan R apply to number 11? (Watch one of the 5 lowest scored anime from your favorite studio - state the studio used; must appear listed as studio for the anime used; use already aired/finished airing that is scored. Only count those titles that doesn't require to watch a prequel/related anime UNLESS you have watched that related anime already; you can use any studio from those you like the most. Anime+ can help you with this. If you aren't sure about what anime to use request assistance in the discussion thread.)
Feb 26, 2017 8:02 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
hope-kibou said:
Does Tonari no 801-chan R apply to number 11? (Watch one of the 5 lowest scored anime from your favorite studio [...]

It's a valid entry for A-1 Pictures. It can be used.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Feb 26, 2017 8:03 AM

Aug 2015
Is Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence Valid for #31 It says adapted from manga but it's not listed in adaptation.
Liking traps is gay and liking Lolis is Pedophila.
Come at me bruh!
Feb 26, 2017 8:17 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Sato said:
Is Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence Valid for #31 It says adapted from manga but it's not listed in adaptation.

It should be listed. Try submitting an edit for the manga and add the movie as relation (the manga is listed with the prequel), or try using something else...

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Feb 26, 2017 8:35 AM

Jan 2017
-- From post #2619 #2617 to #2682
If you are in the middle of editing your sign up form, then apologies for the mention

Please keep the numbered list [ list=1 ]
@Virtue @snuffless

Please keep your Initial Post Number
@Brooke 2670

Please fix your Initial Post Number
@Ryu_GoAn 2627 @rankoLyuxx 2629 @Darkfire_Master 2630 @Lawliet_Light 2633 @GodlyHades 2635 @TheLifeTaker 2650 @logan5124 2656 @Drlov33 2657 @crystal8113 2658 @adityaskywalker 2659 @ElectroDragonfly 2661 @ZawseQwer 2675 @Ben_Zacharias 2677 @nSuea 2681
Feb 26, 2017 9:19 AM
Jan 2017
GamerDLM said:
Eguy said:

Use the start/end date of the entry you plan on using for the challenge be it first season or second season. But since you referenced Disappearance specifically that's the movie so it doesn't really apply to your scenario. So in short you can only link one entry for the challenge anyway so just pick whichever one you want and apply the dates accordingly.
my bad, I meant melancholy of haruhi suzumiya where as I finished 14 episodes like it said, but I wasn't sure if it was broadcast order or chronological order. My mistake, thanks for helping.
Art is dead, and we killed it.
Feb 26, 2017 12:06 PM
Mar 2015
Can I rewatch a show I watched before and use it for the challenge?
Feb 26, 2017 12:17 PM

Mar 2016
potam12345 said:
You can rewatch an anime for the challenge, but that sort of defeats the purpose of the challenge which is meant for you to explore and find new anime you wouldnt normally watch.
Feb 26, 2017 2:18 PM

Oct 2014
potam12345 said:
There are a couple challenges you can realistically run out of (eg. bottom 5 of favourite studio, unreviewed TV anime, anime that comes up when searching your username, ect.), but other than those there should be no reason to need to watch an anime you've already seen. If you can locate an anime in a language you understand that fits the challenge that you haven't seen in less than 10 minutes then you shouldn't rewatch an anime for that challenge.
Feb 26, 2017 8:17 PM

Jul 2016
iBoi said:

Since you like school animes I would recommend this one!
Feb 27, 2017 9:00 AM

Feb 2013
Hello there!
I have a question regarding 43. "Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field", Isla from Plastic Memories fits this category?
Feb 27, 2017 9:02 AM

Jul 2014
Ritshiro said:
Hello there!
I have a question regarding 43. "Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field", Isla from Plastic Memories fits this category?
If she gets paid for what she is doing then yes, otherwise no.
Feb 27, 2017 9:29 AM

Feb 2013
mozgow said:
Ritshiro said:
Hello there!

Well she's working there so I assume (besides having her apartment and all) she gets paid, but it's never shown in the anime. It counts?
Feb 27, 2017 9:43 AM

Jul 2014
Ritshiro said:
mozgow said:

Well she's working there so I assume (besides having her apartment and all) she gets paid, but it's never shown in the anime. It counts?
I haven't seen it yet so I'm guessing it counts. @AWC_Mod is the right person to ask.
Feb 27, 2017 9:52 AM

May 2014
Hey all, I'm looking for a recommendation for #59

I'll take anything but I find much disdain in school and ecchi-related shows.

Although, I've mostly untapped the mecha genre due to disliking it. Anyone have any good ones? (Year/length does not matter)
Feb 27, 2017 9:57 AM

Feb 2010
Alyssa said:
Hey all, I'm looking for a recommendation for #59

I'll take anything but I find much disdain in school and ecchi-related shows.

Although, I've mostly untapped the mecha genre due to disliking it. Anyone have any good ones? (Year/length does not matter)

You mean good mecha? Try Patlabor: Early Days, Giant Robo OVA or maybe Iron-blooded Orphans.

For a general rec how about Crest of the Stars? I think you'd like it. great chemistry between the main characters and good plotlines too.
I probably regret this post by now.
Feb 27, 2017 10:14 AM

May 2014
@Pullman thanks for the recommendations! I'll be sure to try them out ^^
Feb 27, 2017 10:50 AM

Mar 2016
Hey all, I could use a recommendation for challenge #59 Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread. I'm good with pretty much any genre other than Mecha and Horror.
Feb 27, 2017 10:53 AM

Jul 2012
Andiff said:
Hey all, I could use a recommendation for challenge #59 Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread. I'm good with pretty much any genre other than Mecha and Horror.

How about Scrapped Princess?

https://myanimelist.net/anime/167/Scrapped_Princess

Or Kiddy Grade.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/274/Kiddy_Grade

Or maybe if you feel like a little ecchi Linebarrels is fun.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/3653/Kurogane_no_Linebarrels
Feb 27, 2017 11:11 AM

Apr 2010
Ritshiro said:

No need to focus on Isla ; the requirement is only for the show to have at least ONE main character who is a professional, and her partner is definitely human and salaried at his job. So Plastic Memories definitely counts.

I have a question of my own : does Youjo Senki count for "44. Watch an anime that mainly takes places outside of Japan, but still on Earth" ?
While it's an alternate history where most countries have slightly different names, the "Empire" where most of the series takes place is clearly Germany.

(Alternately, would Little Witch Academia (TV) count ? Some of the maps shown on screen indicate that the show is set somewhere in England.)
Feb 27, 2017 11:23 AM

Feb 2010
Jhiday said:
Ritshiro said:

No need to focus on Isla ; the requirement is only for the show to have at least ONE main character who is a professional, and her partner is definitely human and salaried at his job. So Plastic Memories definitely counts.

I have a question of my own : does Youjo Senki count for "44. Watch an anime that mainly takes places outside of Japan, but still on Earth" ?
While it's an alternate history where most countries have slightly different names, the "Empire" where most of the series takes place is clearly Germany.

(Alternately, would Little Witch Academia (TV) count ? Some of the maps shown on screen indicate that the show is set somewhere in England.)

For Youjo Senki, it is clearly not earth so it doesn't count. The MC was transported from earth to another world in the beginning (or his 'soul' was). Fantasy worlds being influenced by real countries or historical periods doesn't mean they aren't still fantasy worlds.

I can't say about LWA because I haven't started it yet, but I'd lean towards no from what I remember from the short movies. To me the point of this particular challenge is to experience an actual, realistic, non japanese setting and not some fantasy show with a random country name attached to it even though the setting has nothing specific to that country.
When you can't tell beyond a doubt where the setting is, I'd lean towards it not counting because the setting obviously isn't a part of the anime if you have to guess it. Just my take on it tho, maybe AWC_Mod sees it differently.

I'd recommend something like Baccano or Monster or Master Keaton or Emma or Ristorante Paradiso (the list goes on) where it is clearly set in actual countries of our world.
I probably regret this post by now.
Feb 27, 2017 11:23 AM

Mar 2016
AholePony said:
Andiff said:

How about Scrapped Princess?

https://myanimelist.net/anime/167/Scrapped_Princess

Or Kiddy Grade.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/274/Kiddy_Grade

Or maybe if you feel like a little ecchi Linebarrels is fun.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/3653/Kurogane_no_Linebarrels

Thanks for taking the time to respond, but I think you may have misread my original post. To clarify I was asking for a genre that was not Horror or Mecha.
Feb 27, 2017 11:25 AM

Jul 2012
Andiff said:

Thanks for taking the time to respond, but I think you may have misread my original post. To clarify I was asking for a genre that was not Horror or Mecha.

Oh sorry, well the first 2 aren't really mecha only the 3rd suggestion was.
Feb 27, 2017 11:26 AM

Nov 2016
Feb 27, 2017 11:34 AM

Mar 2016

All right thanks a lot! I was planning on watching this at some point but kept pushing it back for one reason or another so I think I'll check it out.
Feb 27, 2017 12:10 PM

Feb 2013
Jhiday said:
Ritshiro said:

@mozgow

Thank you to both of you, I'll use it then ^^
Feb 27, 2017 1:35 PM

Nov 2016
Hey guys, can someone recommend me an anime for item #59 ?
Usually i like almost any genre, except harem and mecha. Would be nice, if you pick something from of my ptw list.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 27, 2017 1:59 PM

Jul 2012
sakamoto-kun said:
Hey guys, can someone recommend me an anime for item #59 ?
Usually i like almost any genre, except harem and mecha. Would be nice, if you pick something from of my ptw list.

Ao Haru Ride
Hyouka
Ping Pong The Animation
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 67 68 [69] 70 71 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

98 by FFandMMfan »»
5 minutes ago

» Why is netorare so hated? ( 1 2 )

Je-suis-lui - Apr 9

55 by Shizuna »»
16 minutes ago

Poll: » Which one do you prefer?

MillerEvans23 - Apr 16

15 by KayKimii »»
19 minutes ago

Poll: » Which one do you prefer?

MillerEvans23 - Apr 16

12 by KayKimii »»
19 minutes ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good?

arinthach - 2 hours ago

15 by Jackson1333 »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.