Forum Settings
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (152) « First ... « 65 66 [67] 68 69 » ... Last »

Feb 18, 2017 1:32 AM

iBoi said:
Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread - link the post here

Adapted from the manga with the same author as One Punch Man: https://myanimelist.net/anime/32182/Mob_Psycho_100

Since you watched Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge: https://myanimelist.net/anime/23289/Gekkan_Shoujo_Nozaki-kun

Similar to Shingeki no Kyojin: https://myanimelist.net/anime/28623/Koutetsujou_no_Kabaneri

Deals with the same kind of problems in Psycho-Pass: https://myanimelist.net/anime/23283/Zankyou_no_Terror

Anime Listใ€€โœผใ€€Manga Listใ€€โœผใ€€2019 AWCใ€€โœผใ€€2019 MRCใ€€โœผใ€€credit^ใ€€

Feb 18, 2017 2:25 AM
mozgow said:
CAMMLAX said:
I bet if someone replies to this and gives me a recommendation for challenge 62 someone else will troll me and write a review for it.

In any case, are there any shows that I can watch on Crunchyroll that have not been reviewed?

Challenge 62: Watch an anime that hasn't been reviewed - means that there are no reviews when you start watching it, doesn't matter if it gets one while watching or after you finish
Chain Chronicle: Haecceitas no Hikari Part 2 still does not have a review and it's available on Crunchyroll.

OMG!!! Thanks for this recommendation. I'll watch it before they troll me by making a review.

Feb 18, 2017 3:56 AM
Dreamer

Hello everyone :)

Just wanted to ask some questions to clear some things up on my end before I really get this challenge underway.

I know that some are doing a tv series only challenge but if you are not that means as long as the anime fits the challenge requirement you can watch ovas, movies, etc to complete the challenges as well right? Sorry just a bit confused on that.

Also, I was thinking of watching Ajin for the live action anime challenge requirement however, I noticed that while it is listed on the club page where it was stated that all those entries listed would work to fulfill this challenge I noticed that the official live action adaptation does not come out until September of this year. Would it be alright to still use this one as the entry and submit my challenge list before the live action film comes out?

Basically, does the live action film need to have been released or does the fact that it will be made satisfy the challenge?

Thanks for the help guys I really appreciate it and thank you for your patience :)

Feb 18, 2017 6:21 AM
๐ŸŒ•๐Ÿš€System;Reset

Animated_Amateur said:
[...]
[1] I know that some are doing a tv series only challenge but if you are not that means as long as the anime fits the challenge requirement you can watch ovas, movies, etc to complete the challenges as well right?

[2] [...] Would it be alright to still use this one as the entry and submit my challenge list before the live action film comes out?

[3] Basically, does the live action film need to have been released or does the fact that it will be made satisfy the challenge?

1 - Yes
2 - Yes, as long as it's listed in the club
3 - For it to be a valid entry you just need that particular anime to be listed in the relation of the club. As for the why, since last year only accepted anime with an actual LA released. This year that one was made easier.
Modified by SheyCroix, Feb 18, 2017 6:41 AM

Feb 18, 2017 12:35 PM

@Mozgow - Thank you! I appreciate it <3

Feb 18, 2017 1:47 PM

@AWC_mod

Hey! I'm currently making several banners Evangelion themed, so I'm here to dump some I've made!

Feb 18, 2017 1:48 PM

danielzis said:
Hey guys, can you recommend some work for challenge 59?

I have some restrictions:

. No hentai;
. Ecchi only with some other genre (shounen, for example);
. Less than 50 episodes

Thanks and good luck :D
Berserk, Death Note, Detroit Metal City, Steins;Gate, Love Live, and Ghost Stories (dub).

Feb 18, 2017 3:09 PM

Can anyone recommend me an anime for #59?

Feb 18, 2017 3:29 PM

FenixWM said:

I suggest Natsume's Book of Friends:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/4081/Natsume_Yuujinchou

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/28735/Shouwa_Genroku_Rakugo_Shinjuu

and Yona of the Dawn:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/25013/Akatsuki_no_Yona

Feb 18, 2017 3:32 PM
Dreamer

@SheyCroix

Thank you so much for clearing those things up! I really appreciate it :)

Feb 18, 2017 3:37 PM

FenixWM said:

Something from your plan to watch list- https://myanimelist.net/anime/11843/Danshi_Koukousei_no_Nichijou
Personal recommendation- https://myanimelist.net/anime/33/Berserk

Feb 18, 2017 7:07 PM

Need recs for this: 42. Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese - no fictional settings, has to be a real nationality; state the character/nationality. So I've got Red Garden and Yuri on Ice, but just looking for some more ideas, max 30 episodes. Thank you!

Feb 18, 2017 7:20 PM

Toua said:
Need recs for this: 42. Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese - no fictional settings, has to be a real nationality; state the character/nationality. So I've got Red Garden and Yuri on Ice, but just looking for some more ideas, max 30 episodes. Thank you!

Hey, have you considered watching Baccano? Otherwise, Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom might be a good idea as well.

Feb 18, 2017 7:33 PM

Akizakura- said:
Toua said:

Hey, have you considered watching Baccano? Otherwise, Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom might be a good idea as well.

Ooh, I forgot about Baccano! That's one I've been meaning to watch. Thanks!

Feb 18, 2017 11:28 PM
Initial Post Number: <####>

๐ŸŽฎ Challenge Start Date: January 01, 2017
๐ŸŽง Challenge Finish Date: <date>
๐Ÿ™ Link to your list: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/<your_username>
๐Ÿ“ก Completed Anime (at sign-up): <number>

๐Ÿก Bingo Card #: <XXX>
๐Ÿก Difficulty: <difficulty_name>
๐Ÿก Pattern: <pattern_name>

๐ŸŒ  Legend: Watching - Completed - Inactive/Plan to Watch

๐ŸŒ  Challenge list:

Do not delete this post! If you want to withdraw, please delete the contents and put "Withdrawn".
Please do not format your form with a small/huge font size. Keep it readable.

Feb 18, 2017 11:51 PM

That_Was_hentai said:
Initial Post Number: <####>

๐ŸŽฎ Challenge Start Date: January 01, 2017
๐ŸŽง Challenge Finish Date: <date>
๐Ÿ™ Link to your list: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/<your_username>
๐Ÿ“ก Completed Anime (at sign-up): <number>

๐Ÿก Bingo Card #: <XXX>
๐Ÿก Difficulty: <difficulty_name>
๐Ÿก Pattern: <pattern_name>

๐ŸŒ  Legend: Watching - Completed - Inactive/Plan to Watch

๐ŸŒ  Challenge list:

Do not delete this post! If you want to withdraw, please delete the contents and put "Withdrawn".
Please do not format your form with a small/huge font size. Keep it readable.
Dude wrong thread. You have to post it here. https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582476&show=0

Feb 19, 2017 1:42 AM
Recommendation for #59?

possibly an anime with 13 episode and in my list

Feb 19, 2017 2:09 AM
I signed up yesterday and would like to know if I have things set up in a sane way, here is the post: https:///forum/?topicid=1582476&show=2550#msg49710222 thanks in advance
Couldn't find a signature from any other anime I watched related to the mal 2017 challenge other than this ¯\_(ใƒ„)_/¯

Feb 19, 2017 2:24 AM

Rebe92 said:
Recommendation for #59?

From your ptw list I recommend Erased, Kino's Journey, Magi:The Adventure of Sinbad, One-Punch Man and Sweetness and Lightning.

Feb 19, 2017 2:37 AM
AnnaSartin said:
Rebe92 said:
Recommendation for #59?

From your ptw list I recommend Erased, Kino's Journey, Magi:The Adventure of Sinbad, One-Punch Man and Sweetness and Lightning.

Thank You very much. i'll watch one of these.
Modified by Rebe92, Feb 19, 2017 3:23 AM

Feb 19, 2017 5:17 AM

@AWC_mod
Yes hello i made things

Inspired by last year's badges by @Ritshiro (because I wanted one to match the '16 one I'm using ahaha)

edit: oops I accidentally made more
Modified by KuraikoDesu, Feb 19, 2017 1:14 PM

Feb 19, 2017 6:25 AM
Hey guys! So I have a question. Is it allowed to submit a movie for a challenge? Because anime movies are still anime however challenge nr. 2 is ''Watch a Movie'' so I thought it was only meant for that one. That's why I'm confused bc I saw many users submit movies to different #'s. Does anyone know?

Feb 19, 2017 6:33 AM

anxiousmindx said:
Hey guys! So I have a question. Is it allowed to submit a movie for a challenge? Because anime movies are still anime however challenge nr. 2 is ''Watch a Movie'' so I thought it was only meant for that one. That's why I'm confused bc I saw many users submit movies to different #'s. Does anyone know?

Yes, you can use anime films, specials and OVAs unless the specific challenge says otherwise.

Feb 19, 2017 7:06 AM
AnnaSartin said:

Yes, you can use anime films, specials and OVAs unless the specific challenge says otherwise.

Oh thank God lol.. Thank you v much! :)

Feb 19, 2017 8:29 AM
1. I signed up on Feb-17 but for some challenges can I add the airing in winter 2017 which I started before Feb-17 but will finish later in March

2. For item no. 59 I need the recommendation of the .

3. Can you please explain the challenge no. 60

Feb 19, 2017 8:38 AM

I need the anime for the 59 item. I've chosen the romance restriction :D
Modified by Dark_Quasar, Feb 19, 2017 9:17 AM

Feb 19, 2017 8:50 AM

Anime_bear said:
1. I signed up on Feb-17 but for some challenges can I add the airing in winter 2017 which I started before Feb-17 but will finish later in March

2. For item no. 59 I need the recommendation of the .

3. Can you please explain the challenge no. 60

1.Everything started after the first of january can be used
AWC_mod said:
anime you started watching during the challenge period (January 1, 2017 - December 24, 2017).

2. Judging from the anime we share i'll recommend : Saraiya Goyou

3. You go on any other challenger sign-up post's and pick any anime they have watch on any challenge you want.

Feb 19, 2017 10:15 AM

Dark_Quasar said:
I need the anime for the 59 item. I've chosen the romance restriction :D

Romance, huh? I suggest Akagami no Shirayuki-hime:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/30123/Akagami_no_Shirayuki-hime

Feb 19, 2017 11:50 AM

Hey guys <3 I need help with two challenges!

#59: Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

Anything but harem/ecchi/hentai is fine, something 1-3 cours or even a movie/special etc. works!

#8: Watch an anime with someone [director (any), script and/or storyboard] you don't know

About this, does that mean I can't have watched anything they've ever been in? Or just someone who I don't know/recognize even though I've seen some of their stuff?
Modified by KuraikoDesu, Feb 19, 2017 12:00 PM

Feb 19, 2017 12:38 PM

@AWC_mod
donations! :D

hope you like them!
Modified by Joy, Feb 20, 2017 8:29 AM

Feb 19, 2017 12:40 PM

KuraikoDesu said:
Hey guys <3 I need help with two challenges!

#59: Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

Anything but harem/ecchi/hentai is fine, something 1-3 cours or even a movie/special etc. works!

#8: Watch an anime with someone [director (any), script and/or storyboard] you don't know

About this, does that mean I can't have watched anything they've ever been in? Or just someone who I don't know/recognize even though I've seen some of their stuff?

For #59 How about Usagi drop or Natsume Yuujinchou (Natsume is 1 cour but have 5 season).

#8 means that you can't have watched anything they have been in before.

Feb 19, 2017 1:14 PM

I'm not sure if this has been asked or not, but can you include airing anime? Like anime that you watched while airing in 2017?

Feb 19, 2017 1:21 PM
Onii-sama

kamisu said:
I'm not sure if this has been asked or not, but can you include airing anime? Like anime that you watched while airing in 2017?
Yes as long as you started watching the anime in 2017 then you can use it.

Feb 19, 2017 5:26 PM

So for the challenge of predictive search with your username, I got this. Link to image. (Quick side note: The image, I felt was too large, so I have linked it instead.)

Since I've already seen Drifters, I was going to the second option. However, the anime is a third season. Could I watch the first season in replacement of the sequel or am I going to have to watch the prequels to use this anime to complete the challenge?
This is a signature. It is used to hold images and words. However, I am using it to store these lines your reading right now!

Feb 19, 2017 5:38 PM
Butterstroke said:
So for the challenge of predictive search with your username, I got this. Link to image. (Quick side note: The image, I felt was too large, so I have linked it instead.)

Since I've already seen Drifters, I was going to the second option. However, the anime is a third season. Could I watch the first season in replacement of the sequel or am I going to have to watch the prequels to use this anime to complete the challenge?

Not sure what you mean, that is the first season of UBW that is listed. The only thing you should watch before that is the prologue:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/27821/Fate_stay_night__Unlimited_Blade_Works_-_Prologue

In general I think you can watch anything that shows up in the predictive search though, but only those specific entries listed count towards the challenge.
But you didn't do it the way the challenge described. It should look like this:
http://i.imgur.com/9O7bXCa.png
You shouldn't press the 'view all' button, otherwise it wouldn't be predictive anymore.
no more forums

Feb 19, 2017 6:55 PM

Pullman said:
Butterstroke said:

Not sure what you mean, that is the first season of UBW that is listed. The only thing you should watch before that is the prologue:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/27821/Fate_stay_night__Unlimited_Blade_Works_-_Prologue

In general I think you can watch anything that shows up in the predictive search though, but only those specific entries listed count towards the challenge.
You shouldn't press the 'view all' button, otherwise it wouldn't be predictive anymore.

Thanks for the quick response and correcting my mistake. I forgot to select anime before searching. Oops!

Also, I haven't seen any of Fate/Zero and I just followed the prequel links from the search result. That's why I called it a third season. Figure I clear up my mistake on that as well.
This is a signature. It is used to hold images and words. However, I am using it to store these lines your reading right now!

Feb 19, 2017 8:28 PM
If anybody is looking to complete challenge 7 (Watch a Korean or Chinese anime)
with something that can be watched on Crunchyroll
you can use these Chinese Anime:

To Be Hero

Ling Qi

Hitori no Shita: The Outcast

Karen Senki

Cheating Craft

Kurokan

Feb 20, 2017 12:49 AM

Hi,

Can someone please recommend me an Anime for #59.

I'm missing a lot of the classics, but most of them are on my PTW list, so something that's a big gap in my history and not on my PTW list would be great.

Thanks in Advance

Feb 20, 2017 12:58 AM

Ellii said:
Hi,

I'm missing a lot of the classics, but most of them are on my PTW list, so something that's a big gap in my history and not on my PTW list would be great.

Thanks in Advance

One classic series missing from your ptw list is Trigun, so I'm recommending that for you.

Feb 20, 2017 1:11 AM

AnnaSartin said:
Ellii said:
Hi,

Thanks in Advance

One classic series missing from your ptw list is Trigun, so I'm recommending that for you.

Description makes it sound pretty great, and definitely in my range of tastes.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll add it to my challenge

Feb 20, 2017 4:01 AM

Butterstroke said:
Pullman said:

Thanks for the quick response and correcting my mistake. I forgot to select anime before searching. Oops!

Also, I haven't seen any of Fate/Zero and I just followed the prequel links from the search result. That's why I called it a third season. Figure I clear up my mistake on that as well.

Fate/Zero is an actual prequel (as in, it's intended to be read/seen, when you know the entirety of Fate/Stay Night already). Problem with that is that F/SN hasn't been completely adapted yet (but will be, when the Heaven's Feel movie comes out). UBW can be safely watched on its own.

Feb 20, 2017 6:16 AM

so many animes are getting a second season on the next season so since i'm new to anime i'm going to watch them all in march
hopefully they'll fit with some of the categories

Feb 20, 2017 8:18 AM

For the item 41 (Watch an anime with a main character that doesn't look human), may I use Hanekawa Tsubasa even if she isn't always in her cat form?

Feb 20, 2017 8:23 AM

Thanks for the banners~ Will be adding them soon
@Akizakura- @KuraikoDesu @caandylicious

@That_Was_hentai as already said that should be posted here https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582476
please remove or edit the sign up posted here
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582678&show=3300#msg49720018

izik1 said:
I signed up yesterday and would like to know if I have things set up in a sane way, here is the post: https:///forum/?topicid=1582476&show=2550#msg49710222 thanks in advance

that isn't a working link. But looks good. I suggest to remove the unused lines, unless you plan to try doing a full card.

Feb 20, 2017 8:27 AM
Onii-sama

Dark_Quasar said:
For the item 41 (Watch an anime with a main character that doesn't look human), may I use Hanekawa Tsubasa even if she isn't always in her cat form?
IF you plan on using Nekomonogatari: Kuro then i would say that should be fine since she is in her cat form for most of the series. If you plan to use Bakemonogatari i would say no, since only 5 episodes out of the 15 are about her so she would only be in cat form in those 5 episodes. Its up to @AWC_Mod so you will need to wait for her to tell you.

Feb 20, 2017 9:07 AM

Dark_Quasar said:

she needs to be in that form most of the anime, so go with what Sojin said up there

-- From post #2578 to #2619
If you are in the middle of editing your sign up form, then apologies for the mention

Please fix your Initial Post Number
@iBoi 2585 @Sommeil-Eternel 2586 @UnknownNadim 2587 @speedfreek19 2591 @issiehyoudou 2599 @Jesuistygrr 2602 @EssieLove_ 2611 @MarianaRedWixi 2614

@WatcherM1 Please fix your Initial Post Number (2604) and keep the ending tags for the spoiler and the numbered list

@jai_2k please don't double post your sign up form (2617 - 2618) https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582476&show=2600#msg49730708
Modified by AWC_mod, Feb 20, 2017 9:28 AM

Feb 20, 2017 11:12 AM
AWC_mod said:
izik1 said:
I signed up yesterday and would like to know if I have things set up in a sane way, here is the post: https:///forum/? topicid=1582476&show=2550#msg49710222 thanks in advance

that isn't a working link. But looks good. I suggest to remove the unused lines, unless you plan to try doing a full card.

Ah, it seems like alot of links I try to place get broken, and I'll remove the unused ones when I get back, I could always re-add them before I finish the challenge and change the level I think.
Couldn't find a signature from any other anime I watched related to the mal 2017 challenge other than this ¯\_(ใƒ„)_/¯

Feb 20, 2017 3:12 PM

Ahoy!
I was going through all the challenges I need to do and I stumbled across #73: Finish an on-hold or dropped anime.
I have never dropped a show and the three that I currently have on hold are Dragon Ball Super, Naruto: Shippuuden, and One Piece. These shows (as far as I know) don't have any end within sight.
Because of this I came here to see what I should do.

Feb 20, 2017 3:15 PM

Dankenstein said:
Ahoy!
I was going through all the challenges I need to do and I stumbled across #73: Finish an on-hold or dropped anime.
I have never dropped a show and the three that I currently have on hold are Dragon Ball Super, Naruto: Shippuuden, and One Piece. These shows (as far as I know) don't have any end within sight.

You can start a show, then set it to on hold for a few months and finish it.

Feb 20, 2017 3:16 PM
Onii-sama

Dankenstein said:
Ahoy!
Naruto Shippuuden actually does have an end in sight, it should be ending in about 5 weeks or less.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (152) « First ... « 65 66 [67] 68 69 » ... Last »