Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 58 59 [60] 61 62 » ... Last »
Feb 5, 2017 8:08 PM

Feb 2010
NeverPixieRose said:
Hey! Could someone please help me out with an anime recommendation? Thank you!!

Since you have Bebop in your favorites maybe try Samurai Champloo (same director) or Outlaw Star (similar setting, but a bit more upbeat).

Alternatively I'd rec Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun based on Ouran being in your favorites since both parody shoujo clichés and Nozaki was just a really fun and cute series.
I probably regret this post by now.
Feb 5, 2017 8:18 PM
Dec 2009
@jhoson14

Thanks! I've been looking to watch Black Lagoon since a long time ago. This is a good time for that.
Malloween Candies (2023):
6 main candies
Feb 5, 2017 8:35 PM

Jan 2016
59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

Need a recommendation from someone please.
Feb 5, 2017 10:29 PM

Oct 2014
@AWC_mod

Remember that "you only have to watch the episodes that have been translated" rule from last year? I put "Be-Bop Highschool" on my list as an anime with a live action adaption, but I just realized that while it comes up on streaming sites just fine they only have the first 4 episodes subbed. Since I see very little chance of the remaining 3 episodes being subbed by the end of 2017 would this be acceptable or should I just pick another title?
Feb 5, 2017 10:34 PM

Nov 2015
So I was looking through the list and I don't know what to do for these in particular that fulfills the requirement if I only want to have a shot at 'Master of TV Series':

62. Watching an anime that hasn't been reviewed <- This one in particular I have no idea how I'm going to find it, other than scrolling through stats pages all day
36. An anime with more Plan to Watch than Completed

And while at it, I'm struggling to find stuff for these so if anyone could help me I'd appreciate it because I'm probably going to run into the dark zone of anime but I want to try to maintain my sanity (The shorter the better preferably):
Aired from 1917-1989 (#9-#11)
Score below a 6 (#22)
Less than 5,000 completed members (#23)
SandreanFeb 5, 2017 11:04 PM
Feb 5, 2017 10:48 PM

Oct 2014
Sandrean said:
So I was looking through the list and I don't know what to do for these in particular that fulfills the requirement if I only want to have a shot at 'Master of TV Series':

42. Watching an anime that hasn't been reviewed <- This one in particular I have no idea how I'm going to find it, other than scrolling through stats pages all day
24. An anime with more Plan to Watch than Completed

And while at it, I'm struggling to find stuff for these so if anyone could help me I'd appreciate it because I'm probably going to run into the dark zone of anime but I want to try to maintain my sanity (The shorter the better preferably):
Aired from 1917-1989 (#9-#11)
Score below a 6 (#22)
Less than 5,000 completed members (#23)
42 - There are two types of anime that fit this requirement: Anime that aren't type TV and anime that don't have English subtitles. There are some TV anime that have English subs without reviews, but those are like flipping a coin and it landing on its side. This anime actually does fit (ie has no reviews, is type TV, and has subs) if you're willing to watch a 36 episode Chinese magical girl anime with a 6.12 average.

24 - Elitist anime (LoGH, Tatami Galaxy, Aria the Animation, ect), anime that finished airing recently especially long runners (Aikatsu and World Trigger are two big ones. Look through last season's anime and you might find a couple shorter ones), and recently subbed stuff like Ore-sama Kingdom (ptw:completed is literally a 5:1 ratio. This is an OVA, though, so it won't count). If you can ninja it movies have very low completed counts compared to PTWs until the DVDs are released and all the Westerners are able to watch them.

9/11 - Used advanced search to search by air date. The really old ones don't need subs. You can ask someone else for good 80s series. Just remember that way back in the day anime didn't even air on TV so you'll have to use movies for some of them.

22 - Glasslip

23 - Happy Happy Clover
zombie_pegasusFeb 5, 2017 10:51 PM
Feb 5, 2017 11:29 PM
Jan 2014
Do rewatches count? Or what if I never finished an anime but I restart it from the beginning and watch it all the way through?
Feb 5, 2017 11:47 PM

Oct 2014
aled93 said:
Do rewatches count? Or what if I never finished an anime but I restart it from the beginning and watch it all the way through?
You don't even have that many anime on your list. I doubt you've exhausted any of the challenge requirements so you're really just being lazy if you can't be bothered to find new anime. Technically rewatches can count, but you should only use them as a last resort if you truly can't find anything that fits the challenge that is translated into a language you understand. You can feel free to ask here for recommendations if you have a hard time finding anime on your own.
Feb 6, 2017 2:02 AM

Jan 2009
59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread.

Anything good? Thanks!
Feb 6, 2017 2:03 AM

Apr 2016
@AWC_mod Hey I see that some people might have deleted their posts so my initial post number from the card is 2 posts higher than the the post number shown. Do I have to manually change that?
Asiaa1408 said:
59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread.

Anything good? Thanks!
I've got great ones for you. Try one of:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/13759/Sakurasou_no_Pet_na_Kanojo
https://myanimelist.net/anime/3167/Eve_no_Jikan
https://myanimelist.net/anime/31043/Boku_dake_ga_Inai_Machi
https://myanimelist.net/anime/12477/Sakasama_no_Patema
https://myanimelist.net/anime/23283/Zankyou_no_Terror?q=terror%20
TheElevenTailsFeb 6, 2017 2:07 AM
Feb 6, 2017 2:20 AM

May 2016
TheElevenTails said:
@AWC_mod Hey I see that some people might have deleted their posts so my initial post number from the card is 2 posts higher than the the post number shown. Do I have to manually change that?

Not AWC-chan but I recall reading that once you've put in the initial posting number correctly, you don't have ta change it anymore even when someone deletes their post to prevent confusion in the checking.

Feb 6, 2017 2:46 AM

Apr 2016
Kajo_Senpai69 said:
TheElevenTails said:

Not AWC-chan but I recall reading that once you've put in the initial posting number correctly, you don't have ta change it anymore even when someone deletes their post to prevent confusion in the checking.
Alright thanks for the info. Much appreciated.
Feb 6, 2017 4:23 AM

Jan 2017
zombie_pegasus said:
@AWC_mod Remember that "you only have to watch the episodes that have been translated" rule from last year? I put "Be-Bop Highschool" on my list as an anime with a live action adaption, but I just realized that while it comes up on streaming sites just fine they only have the first 4 episodes subbed. Since I see very little chance of the remaining 3 episodes being subbed by the end of 2017 would this be acceptable or should I just pick another title?

Since there are more options out there you should change it with another title ~
Feb 6, 2017 5:33 AM

Jan 2012
I'm having difficult understanding no. 33:

Watch a completed anime with a score of or above 8.00 - state the score it had when you finished

Say, if I score anime X with 9 but their average score is 6, does that count?
Feb 6, 2017 5:54 AM

Jan 2017
fanks_177 said:
I'm having difficult understanding no. 33:

Watch a completed anime with a score of or above 8.00 - state the score it had when you finished

Say, if I score anime X with 9 but their average score is 6, does that count?

No. You need to watch anime with a score of 8.0 or more. That would be it's average score, the one showed on it's page. For example: Mushishi it's a valid title since it has a score of 8.77

-- From post #2383 #2382 to #2400
If you are in the middle of editing your sign up form, then apologies for the mention

Please keep your Initial Post Number
@Crya

Please fix your Initial Post Number
@mimtis @Katsumi96

Willisshepard said:
What is this challange, and if possible could i join in ?

Don't post questions there, they go here. Are you going to use that post for your sign up?
AWC_modFeb 6, 2017 6:05 AM
Feb 6, 2017 7:22 AM

Aug 2016
34. Watch a completed anime with a popularity of or above #601 - placed in popularity as #601 or more (601, 602, 603 and so on); state the rank it had when you finished
35. Watch a completed anime with less than 5,000 completed members - check in the stats tab; state the members it had when you started
Can someone help me with those challenges? thank you :)
Feb 6, 2017 7:53 AM

Aug 2013
@Solembumm

34. Watch a completed anime with a popularity of or above #601

Aria The Animation
Le Chevalier DEon
Kyousou Giga (TV)

35. Watch a completed anime with less than 5,000 completed members

Zipang
Flag
Yomigaeru Sora

I recommend Durarara

Here other options in case you don't like it:

Usagi Drop
Kimi ni Todoke
Ookami to Koushinryou
Shinsekai Yori
Last Exile
jhoson14Feb 6, 2017 8:09 AM
Feb 6, 2017 8:12 AM

Oct 2016
Pullman said:
NeverPixieRose said:
Hey! Could someone please help me out with an anime recommendation? Thank you!!

Since you have Bebop in your favorites maybe try Samurai Champloo (same director) or Outlaw Star (similar setting, but a bit more upbeat).

Alternatively I'd rec Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun based on Ouran being in your favorites since both parody shoujo clichés and Nozaki was just a really fun and cute series.

Awesome, thanks so much! I'm pumped to check these out!
Feb 6, 2017 11:03 AM

Jan 2009
Just want to make sure that I have not chosen something that shouldn't be in:

Feb 6, 2017 11:10 AM

May 2015
Asiaa1408 said:

From Okabe's character page: "He is a first year student attending Tokyo Denki University". Technically he is not a professional, I might be wrong though.
The others seem fine.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 2017 11:16 AM

Jan 2009
zal said:

From Okabe's character page: "He is a first year student attending Tokyo Denki University". Technically he is not a professional, I might be wrong though.
The others seem fine.

Yeah and after that is: After enrolling in university, he went to Akihabara to open up a laboratory called the "Future Gadget Research Establishment," where he invents gadgets that are rather useless.

That's why I'm confused >.<
Feb 6, 2017 11:22 AM

Jul 2012
He's not getting paid for his science stuff so I'd say it doesn't count.

swap your 39 and 43 and it would be fine though.
Feb 6, 2017 11:25 AM

May 2015
Asiaa1408 said:
zal said:

The others seem fine.

Yeah and after that is: After enrolling in university, he went to Akihabara to open up a laboratory called the "Future Gadget Research Establishment," where he invents gadgets that are rather useless.

That's why I'm confused >.<
Searched where Okabe gets his money from (as that's the requirement for being a professional) and this is an answer from S;G reddit forum:
Okabe is only 18, he still lives with his Parents and has only been renting the lab for a few months, the rent is stupidly cheap and if you actually look at all the money he spends in the show/VN it's not a lot, like maybe £50/$80.
So no, I don't think he qualifies.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 2017 11:35 AM

Oct 2013
Asiaa1408 said:

Like it's been said, Okabe is just a student putting together junk for kicks more than someone with a job. You could maybe argue for Kurisu though, as someone who is brought to give actual speeches on scientific theory. She might pass as someone who gets paid for what they do. And one of the other cast members is technically a waitress, I guess.
I've officially sworn off of 2016.
Feb 6, 2017 11:45 AM

Apr 2011
— 11. Watch one of the 5 lowest scored anime from your favorite studio.

I am quite uncertain about how this goes to work. Now, I am aware that sequels, spin-offs and whatnot are exempt, and that the titles with 'N/A' are also unavailable. I am tackling Madhouse for this (https://myanimelist.net/anime/producer/11/Madhouse?page=4), but I am having trouble finding the lowest five anime online. The lowest is actually 'Genma Taisen', which looks fairly interesting, but I cannot find it at all. Beyond this, a number of untraceable animes, sequel and specials are further up the list, and I am uncertain which ones I am able to use at all because of how many of them are nowhere to be found. Can anyone help me with this? (Don't come to me with ad-ridden, shady websites - I will not visit those)
Lestat-Feb 6, 2017 11:49 AM

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Feb 6, 2017 11:56 AM

Jan 2009
Thanks @zal & @ShadexImpulse !
Gotta find someone else then :)
Feb 6, 2017 11:58 AM

May 2015
Asiaa1408 said:
Thanks @zal & @ShadexImpulse !
Gotta find someone else then :)
Or do as AholePony said and just swap mushishi with S;G
Feb 6, 2017 12:20 PM

Jul 2012
Lestat- said:
— 11. Watch one of the 5 lowest scored anime from your favorite studio.

Kaze wo Nuke! is on youtube and it's in there as the lowest with a score at all. It doesn't look subbed but I'd just watch it raw since it's not too long.

*edit* nvm, it was sorted wrong. That one has no review though so it's good for that challenge ;-)
AholePonyFeb 6, 2017 12:45 PM
Feb 6, 2017 12:42 PM

Mar 2015
Sandrean said:

62. Watching an anime that hasn't been reviewed <- This one in particular I have no idea how I'm going to find it, other than scrolling through stats pages all day

I got my #62 by starting to watch a show as soon as it aired - no reviews if it hasn't aired yet!

Maybe have a look through shows airing in Spring, and see if there's something you fancy?
Feb 6, 2017 2:05 PM

Feb 2010
https://myanimelist.net/character/136728/Kanna_Kamui

Does she count as a child character for #40?

It doesn't say her age but calls her 'an equivalent of an elementary school girl'.
Feb 6, 2017 2:14 PM

Oct 2014
Pullman said:

It doesn't say her age but calls her 'an equivalent of an elementary school girl'.
We do have the objective definition of a child being 12 or younger so I don't think the "dog years" argument would work even if the character would be considered a child in their own race. Another confusing one would be Haruhi where they all look 16 but are in a world that has only existed for a couple year and are therefore under 12. The challenge doesn't actually say you human character, but I think it's still implied that both characters who are well over 18 yet are considered to be children and characters who are under 12 but look like adults (eg. Plastic Memories) wouldn't count.
Feb 6, 2017 2:18 PM

Jul 2012
In the show they allude to her life in the other world and make it sound like she's at least 100 years old or something. She's just young for a dragon. If it were me I'd choose something else for that challenge and use it for a different one (it's a great show).
Feb 6, 2017 2:19 PM

Apr 2009
Is Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex alright for 43. Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in his field ?

Also, any recommendation for 15. Watch an anime which began airing between 1960 and 1979 ?
A short one (less than 30 episodes) would be nice.

Thanks !
Feb 6, 2017 2:41 PM

Jan 2015
Can I get a recommendation for 59? Thanks!
Feb 6, 2017 2:52 PM

Feb 2010
zombie_pegasus said:
Pullman said:

We do have the objective definition of a child being 12 or younger so I don't think the "dog years" argument would work even if the character would be considered a child in their own race. Another confusing one would be Haruhi where they all look 16 but are in a world that has only existed for a couple year and are therefore under 12. The challenge doesn't actually say you human character, but I think it's still implied that both characters who are well over 18 yet are considered to be children and characters who are under 12 but look like adults (eg. Plastic Memories) wouldn't count.

Guess I'll try and find something with a human child. Thanks

Sweetcherry002 said:
Can I get a recommendation for 59? Thanks!

Maybe try Nana or Kimi ni Todoke or xxxHolic
Feb 6, 2017 3:01 PM

Nov 2015
Jesshaleth said:
Sandrean said:

I got my #62 by starting to watch a show as soon as it aired - no reviews if it hasn't aired yet!

Maybe have a look through shows airing in Spring, and see if there's something you fancy?

I'm pretty sure by when they mean that it hasn't been reviewed is that it isn't reviewed once the series is done airing, but if you are correct, that would be very convenient. It would be cool if someone could clarify for us.
Feb 6, 2017 3:13 PM

Oct 2014
Sandrean said:
Jesshaleth said:

I'm pretty sure by when they mean that it hasn't been reviewed is that it isn't reviewed once the series is done airing, but if you are correct, that would be very convenient. It would be cool if someone could clarify for us.
The zero review challenge states that it can't have a review when you start watching it. Currently airing anime aren't allowed to have reviews, only previews, so it would be kind of cheating to use one for that challenge. There are plenty of the challenges that there are ways of getting around, but since that is likely the most difficult challenge to find anime for I don't think you would be allowed to do something like that for it.
Feb 6, 2017 3:36 PM

Apr 2016
Howdy strangers, I am requesting a challenge anime. If one of you decent human beings could be so kind as to select an anime for yours truly to watch during this challenge.
Below is a link to my account if you could do what you can from selecting a show I have already watched it would be greatly appreciated.
https://myanimelist.net/profile/MrShenanigains

It would also be great if you could take a look at what I have already on my challenge post as to prevent any duplicate shows. Thanks fellow vegetables.

Edit: The wholesome AholePony has greatly blessed me with his show of choice.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/3342/Mnemosyne__Mnemosyne_no_Musume-tachi
I thank the wondrous vegetable AholePony
ShennersFeb 6, 2017 3:51 PM
Buckle UP
Feb 6, 2017 3:48 PM

Jul 2012
MrShenanigains said:
Howdy strangers, I am requesting a challenge anime. If one of you decent human beings could be so kind as to select an anime for yours truly to watch during this challenge.
Below is a link to my account if you could do what you can from selecting a show I have already watched it would be greatly appreciated.

It would also be great if you could take a look at what I have already on my challenge post as to prevent any duplicate shows. Thanks fellow vegetables.

Maybe try:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/3342/Mnemosyne__Mnemosyne_no_Musume-tachi

You didn't link your challenge post so I can't tell if it's on there or not.
Feb 6, 2017 3:51 PM

Dec 2014
MrShenanigains said:

I see the link to your list but not one to your challenge. But have you seen the Trigun movie Badlands Rumble? I recommend it. :)
Feb 6, 2017 6:37 PM
Nov 2013
Heyo, I'm here for a rec. I'm a basic bitch and my favorites are Evangelion, The Tatami Galaxy, Bakemonogatari, and Serial Experiments Lain.
Feb 6, 2017 6:39 PM

Feb 2010
Zach_Arani said:
Heyo, I'm here for a rec. I'm a basic bitch and my favorites are Evangelion, The Tatami Galaxy, Bakemonogatari, and Serial Experiments Lain.

Try Rahxephon (some similarities to Evangelion), Ping Pong The Animation (Tatami Galaxy Director), Uchouten Kazoku (Tatami Galaxy author), Katanagatari (Bakamonogatari author) or Texhnolyze (same creators and designers as Serial Experiments Lain).
AlcoholicideFeb 6, 2017 6:43 PM
Feb 6, 2017 6:44 PM
Nov 2013
Pullman said:
Zach_Arani said:

Try Rahxephon (some similarities to Evangelion), Ping Pong The Animation (Tatami Galaxy Director), Uchouten Kazoku (Tatami Galaxy author), Katanagatari (Bakamonogatari author) or Texhnolyze (same creators and designers as Serial Experiments Lain).

Much thanks my friend! I've actually been meaning to watch all of those, so this is great!
Feb 6, 2017 6:48 PM
Jun 2016
Hello I'm looking for a recommendation for #59. I enjoy Trigger anime, Evangelion, Jojo, Ghost in the Shell, as well as other things. I'm always interested in finding something new so I'm open to anything.
Feb 6, 2017 6:54 PM

Feb 2009
@Sandrean, you could use 3-Nen D-Gumi Glass no Kamen (if you like 3-D chibis making fun of oldschool shoujo tropes :)) for 42.
Score <6: Sparrow's Hotel. Score <6 + PtW>Watched: Bihada Ichizoku, Platonic Chain.
Feb 6, 2017 7:01 PM

Feb 2009
@kryhelm, maybe Steins Gate? You've rated Occultic;Nine with 7, and Steins Gate is so much better. :) Or Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin if you like parodies.
If you want some movies, you could watch Paprika or Perfect Blue by Satoshi Kon.
Feb 7, 2017 2:11 AM

Oct 2015
Hi I was wondering if I can change the watch an anime using username predictive search because the anime shown are old and I can't find it anywhere. I tried searching for all the ones here, but to no avail. I didn't search the hentai because hentai.

Feb 7, 2017 2:28 AM

Oct 2014
juchuck said:
Hi I was wondering if I can change the watch an anime using username predictive search because the anime shown are old and I can't find it anywhere. I tried searching for all the ones here, but to no avail. I didn't search the hentai because hentai.

https://8anime.to/watch/hi-no-tori-uchuu-hen.p1w9/yk1p8p
Don't worry, I found one. Here's the MAL page.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2998

I know we're not supposed to share illegal streaming sites here, but you kind of asked. I changed the URL to say "8anime" instead of the proper "9anime" just to be safe. The Huckleberry Finn movie does have a German dub laying around, but I can't find a good quality version nor can I find any mention of an English translation ever existing. Yama Nezumi Rocky Chuck is available on 9anime in English dub (no sub). You gave Shirobako a high score and this was Aoi's childhood anime if you didn't recognize it.
zombie_pegasusFeb 7, 2017 2:34 AM
Feb 7, 2017 3:07 AM

Oct 2015
zombie_pegasus said:
juchuck said:

https://8anime.to/watch/hi-no-tori-uchuu-hen.p1w9/yk1p8p
Don't worry, I found one. Here's the MAL page.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2998

I know we're not supposed to share illegal streaming sites here, but you kind of asked. I changed the URL to say "8anime" instead of the proper "9anime" just to be safe. The Huckleberry Finn movie does have a German dub laying around, but I can't find a good quality version nor can I find any mention of an English translation ever existing. Yama Nezumi Rocky Chuck is available on 9anime in English dub (no sub). You gave Shirobako a high score and this was Aoi's childhood anime if you didn't recognize it.

I seriously forgot to check their website! I assumed they have less entries compared to the other famous site. And yeah I realised about the Rocky Chuck one, but the number of episode might be too much. Thank you for this.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 58 59 [60] 61 62 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - 4 hours ago

23 by traed »»
4 minutes ago

» what's the worst anime you've watched and what exactly was the worst part of it ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Apr 7

68 by DarkFirefly72 »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers?

Alpha_1_Zero - 2 hours ago

26 by Ex-Aid »»
19 minutes ago

» That moment when you realize...

Dominusew - 7 hours ago

12 by Ex-Aid »»
32 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

100 by FanofAction »»
37 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.