Forum Settings
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (152) « First ... « 30 31 [32] 33 34 » ... Last »

Jan 14, 2017 2:09 AM

NeoAnkara said:
Let's see I have a habit of checking first episode only and abandoning the series completely after it. But can I use that series(example Occultic;Nine) that I've seen the first episode as it's initially aired for challenge? Even though what I watch is only the first episode?

I have the same habit and I won't do it. ^^
Maybe we can try another challenge with anime we didn't finish. xD

Jan 14, 2017 2:14 AM
Treasure Hunter

Quick question, item Nr 33 specifically refers to a "completed" anime with a score of 8.0 or above.
Does this just mean that the show has to have finished airing? Or am I supposed to rewatch an Anime I completed that is rated 8.0 or higher?
There is nothing terribly wrong with feeling lost, so long as that feeling precedes some plan on your part to actually do something about it. Too often a person grows complacent with their disillusionment, wearing their discomfort like a favorite shirt - Johnny C.

Jan 14, 2017 2:17 AM
Treasure Hunter

NeoAnkara said:
Let's see I have a habit of checking first episode only and abandoning the series completely after it. But can I use that series(example Occultic;Nine) that I've seen the first episode as it's initially aired for challenge? Even though what I watch is only the first episode?

You mean you started the show last year, right?
You are only allowed to use it for the challenge, if you started watching in 2017, so you can only use it if you rewatch the first episode as well and set the starting date to 2017.
There is nothing terribly wrong with feeling lost, so long as that feeling precedes some plan on your part to actually do something about it. Too often a person grows complacent with their disillusionment, wearing their discomfort like a favorite shirt - Johnny C.

Jan 14, 2017 2:39 AM

@AWC_mod

Can I use Gangsta. for Challenge no.42 : Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese - (no fictional settings, has to be a real nationality; state the character/nationality)?
Modified by blazerx46, Jan 14, 2017 6:11 AM

Jan 14, 2017 2:44 AM

Need a recommendation for #40(Watch an anime with at least one child as MC) and #59(Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread).
Thanks in advance!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 14, 2017 3:01 AM

silge said:
I need some help/recommendations with following challenges:

43. Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in his field

Barakamon (Calligrapher), as you already have it in your PTW list.

Jan 14, 2017 3:12 AM

Impossible said:
@Conde_Mohr brilliant work with the spreadsheet. I actually made my own before I saw your's, and I must say, yours is very well done almost to the point of OCD. I mean that as a compliment, of course.

Thanks! I made this as a personal file, with only the first two sheets (which were almost the same as they are now), but it was honestly well made, so I showed it to the mods and completed it to the point that you see now.

Impossible said:
Some questions I'd like to ask:
- I've noticed that you've protected the auto generated parts of the workbook. Would it be possible for you to explain how everything works? I presume it's some combination of formulas and VBA (but it's not macro enabled), which is hidden by the settings.

I can give you the password via PM, but you'll be honestly disappointed. I don't know anything about macros or Visual Basic whatsoever (my programming skills are limited to some really basic C#, C++, and Matlab). I've only used macros once, and it was a pain to give permissions and all only for the document to open always in the same page (it had way too many sheets and I needed a menu). Even if that would have made my life easier, learning VBA and making people have to give special permissions if they wanted to use it is not worth it.

tl;dr It's only formulas.

Impossible said:
How did you add all the bingo cards into the sheet? I hope you didn't manually transcribe them all!

The only format available for the Bingo Cards is (was) as an image, so I had to do that. Fortunately, MRC_mod helped me with that, but we typed 270 7x7 matrix in only two days (yeah, pretty hardcore). It was the first thing I said in the FAQ, because it's important to check if there is any mistake. I would be surprised if that wasn't the case.

Impossible said:
How is your FORUM POST table formatted? Highlighting the first cell, then Ctrl+Shift+Down results in an odd selection of 5Rx6C.

You... don't want to know that haha. Up to the Challenge List, it's more or less ok, but to list the anime for each challenge was much more challenging. Imagine the least efficient way to do it: that's the way it's made. Again, I'll give you the password via PM so that you can take a look, but please don't bang your head on the wall too much. It's bad for your health.

Jan 14, 2017 3:14 AM
Watch an anime with 33 episodes or more

For this one, I want to use the Durarara x2 series, but since I've already seen the first season in late 2016, would I be able to use it? I'm not planning on rewatching the first season. I'm feeling a little lost with these requirements, so I would be grateful for help!

and, also, Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread?
If anyone's willing I would be extremely grateful.
A nerd, a goddess, a cosplayer and a masochist walk into a bar. One says harder. The rest cry.
*tries to watch 45 minutes episode in 20 minutes*

Jan 14, 2017 3:29 AM

SilverEnigma said:
[b] Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread?

I'm going to recommend Arslan for you. The art is by the creator of Fullmetal Alchemist and the story is similar to Yona of the Dawn.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/28249/Arslan_Senki

As for the other challenge, the episodes need to be in one entry. Try this one:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/957/Saiunkoku_Monogatari
Modified by AnnaSartin, Jan 14, 2017 3:33 AM

Jan 14, 2017 3:31 AM

Uwah, can someone give me a recommendation for challenge #59? Would be better if it's less than 24 episodes or not more than 24 episodes. Any genres are acceptable as long as it isn't ecchi, harem, yuri and/or shoujo ai.

I will truly appreciate the help! THANK YOU~!

Please send deliveries here.
All resources belong to their respective owners.
Set by: Nate

Jan 14, 2017 3:33 AM

Reirany said:
Uwah, can someone give me a recommendation for challenge #59? Would be better if it's less than 24 episodes.

I will truly appreciate the help! THANK YOU~!

If you liked Natsume Yuujinchou you might like this:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/32696/Fukigen_na_Mononokean

Jan 14, 2017 3:45 AM

So I watched Overlord and wonder if it's appropriate for
#41. Watch an anime with a main character that doesn't look human
Con: looks like a human skeleton
Pro: definitely not a human skeleton

Can somebody help me with a tiebreak?
I hope you have a lovely day ♥ヾ(๑❛ ▿ ◠๑ )

Jan 14, 2017 3:45 AM
AnnaSartin said:
SilverEnigma said:
[b] Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread?

I'm going to recommend Arslan for you. The art is by the creator of Fullmetal Alchemist and the story is similar to Yona of the Dawn.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/28249/Arslan_Senki

As for the other challenge, the episodes need to be in one entry. Try this one:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/957/Saiunkoku_Monogatari

Thank you so much! Both of these look really good and I will definitely be checking these out <3
A nerd, a goddess, a cosplayer and a masochist walk into a bar. One says harder. The rest cry.
*tries to watch 45 minutes episode in 20 minutes*

Jan 14, 2017 3:46 AM

Potatonana said:
Need a recommendation for #40(Watch an anime with at least one child as MC) and #59(Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread).
Thanks in advance!

#40 https://myanimelist.net/anime/16009/Kamisama_no_Inai_Nichiyoubi or https://myanimelist.net/anime/22789/Barakamon
But I definitely recommend Barakamon instead because it's hilarious.
#59 https://myanimelist.net/anime/21405/Bokura_wa_Minna_Kawaisou
If you liked Sakurasou, you might like Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou.

You're welcome!
Modified by Reirany, Jan 14, 2017 3:54 AM

Please send deliveries here.
All resources belong to their respective owners.
Set by: Nate

Jan 14, 2017 4:00 AM

Reirany said:
Potatonana said:
Thanks in advance!

#40 https://myanimelist.net/anime/16009/Kamisama_no_Inai_Nichiyoubi or https://myanimelist.net/anime/22789/Barakamon

Well I was considering watching Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou for another challenge, and am watching Barakamon for another challenge. Thanks for the help!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 14, 2017 4:10 AM

Elmm said:
Ar-Pharazon said:
Could someone recommend me an anime for challenge #59?

https://myanimelist.net/anime/20031/D-Frag?q=d-frag

Thanks a lot!
I didn't consider to watch this show two years ago. I'am curious to see what it worth.

SilverEnigma said:
Watch an anime with 33 episodes or more

For this one, I want to use the Durarara x2 series, but since I've already seen the first season in late 2016, would I be able to use it? I'm not planning on rewatching the first season. I'm feeling a little lost with these requirements, so I would be grateful for help!

You would not be able to use these series, as the cours are separated into three entries of twelve, and cannot be listed as one entry. You will have to use one entry.

Potatonana said:
Reirany said:

Well I was considering watching Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou for another challenge, and am watching Barakamon for another challenge. Thanks for the help!

Are you watching this one as part of the challenge? Recommended if you like "Sweetness and Lightning": https://myanimelist.net/anime/32673/Udon_no_Kuni_no_Kiniro_Kemari

Jan 14, 2017 4:18 AM

AnnaSartin said:
Potatonana said:

Are you watching this one as part of the challenge? Recommended if you like "Sweetness and Lightning": https://myanimelist.net/anime/32673/Udon_no_Kuni_no_Kiniro_Kemari

Already filled up everything for the challenge, but I'll check it out. Thanks for the rec!

Jan 14, 2017 4:19 AM

Can someone recommend me an anime for challenge #59 :D?

Only thing I ask for is no harem and not too many episodes ^^''
Modified by Marisplague, Jan 14, 2017 4:36 AM

Jan 14, 2017 4:39 AM

Marisplague said:

I recommend either Toradora , one of my alltime favourite anime or Dennou Coil which is also a fantastic show.

They're both around 26 episodes which isnt that much.

Jan 14, 2017 4:42 AM

...Can I ask for any recommendation for challenges #59 and #62?
For #59... Uhm... Could someone recommend me any anime, but not with harem and too much ecchi if possible.
#62? It's hard for me to decide what anime for #62 should I watch. (Primarily, X-rated anime. Those are (some of) the anime I know that hasn't been reviewed yet. Please... don't recommend those to me.)

Thanks in advance~
[TEMPORARY!]Chika-chan~ You-chan~[TEMPORARY!]

|-Characters- Inconnu Justicia | Shironi Bloodhound |

Jan 14, 2017 4:42 AM

AnnaSartin said:
Naru-chan said:

@AWC_mod
Well, feel free to message me your wanted bishies! ;)

Can we request kitties as well? I'd love a Poyo badge!

Of course! Which design? ^^ And do you want a specific image of Poyo?
SHINRAN IS OFFICIAL OMG!!!♥♥♥
ヒア~

Jan 14, 2017 4:45 AM

PrOxAnto said:
Marisplague said:

I recommend either Toradora , one of my alltime favourite anime or Dennou Coil which is also a fantastic show.

They're both around 26 episodes which isnt that much.
Thank youu :D
I will look into them both :3

Jan 14, 2017 5:45 AM

37. Watch a completed anime scored 10 or 9 from another challenger who posted on your sign up page.

What I want to know if this means the anime which they completed from the challenge or any anime from their animelist?
Modified by Makuro, Jan 14, 2017 6:00 AM

Jan 14, 2017 5:48 AM

26. Watch an anime that has been adapted to live action

Has Owari no Seraph actually been adapted? I was going through the Live Action link but wasn't sure about some of them?

nσthíng вσnds twσ sσuls
mσrє sσundlч thαn
m u r d є r

Jan 14, 2017 6:10 AM

Naru-chan said:
AnnaSartin said:

Can we request kitties as well? I'd love a Poyo badge!

Of course! Which design? ^^ And do you want a specific image of Poyo?

Every image of Poyo is filled with round kitty adorableness so it's hard to choose! How about the one in your sig? Or if you want that to stay exclusive whatever you pick will be awesome I'm sure! ^_^

Jan 14, 2017 6:15 AM

Need a recommendation for:
#42. Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese - no fictional settings.
#59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread.

I will truly appreciate the help!

Jan 14, 2017 6:22 AM

Makuro said:
37. Watch a completed anime scored 10 or 9 from another challenger who posted on your sign up page.

What I want to know if this means the anime which they completed from the challenge or any anime from their animelist?

Any anime in their list suffices. Just make sure to link their page to #37.

Jan 14, 2017 6:23 AM

11. Watch one of the 5 lowest scored anime from your favorite studio - state the studio used; must appear listed as studio for the anime used; use already aired/finished airing that is scored. Only count those titles that doesn't require to watch a prequel/related anime UNLESS you have watched that related anime already; you can use any studio from those you like the most. Anime+ can help you with this. If you aren't sure about what anime to use request assistance in the discussion thread.

I am looking for some more details about this, especially the "that is scored part".
If you take some old studios like Madhouse and sort them by score you will get a lot of obscure stuff for the 5 lowest Anime which can be very hard to come by (and very unlikely in an understandable language). These are only scored if you open their page but are scored "N/A" in the studio overview. Do these obscure titles count for this? Or should we use the 5 titles that actually have enough members to have a "lowest" score shown in the studio page?

Jan 14, 2017 6:28 AM

Yzeelb said:
11. Watch one of the 5 lowest scored anime from your favorite studio - state the studio used; must appear listed as studio for the anime used; use already aired/finished airing that is scored. Only count those titles that doesn't require to watch a prequel/related anime UNLESS you have watched that related anime already; you can use any studio from those you like the most. Anime+ can help you with this. If you aren't sure about what anime to use request assistance in the discussion thread.

I am looking for some more details about this, especially the "that is scored part".
If you take some old studios like Madhouse and sort them by score you will get a lot of obscure stuff for the 5 lowest Anime which can be very hard to come by (and very unlikely in an understandable language). These are only scored if you open their page but are scored "N/A" in the studio overview. Do these obscure titles count for this? Or should we use the 5 titles that actually have enough members to have a "lowest" score shown in the studio page?

Using the anime with an actual score is what you are looking for. Anything that says 'N/A' in the overview is practically unusable, so these are —as far as I am aware of— excluded from the challenge.

Jan 14, 2017 6:30 AM

VicVeiga said:

#42. Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese - no fictional settings.

I was gonna suggest Gankutsuou but i'm not sure what "no fictional settings" implies but i'll go with it none the less for it is gorgeous interresting and with a non canon little shounen ai you might like.

VicVeiga said:

#59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread.

From the anime we share you seem to like pretty boys so how about Meganebu!

Still looking for a recommendation for #59, if somebody could help me
Modified by aemiliuz, Jan 14, 2017 6:34 AM

Jan 14, 2017 6:31 AM

So, can someone recommend me a good anime for #59?
I'd appreciate if it's not an Horror/Vampire/etc. anime but I think anything else goes.
I just don't really like those dark themes.

Jan 14, 2017 6:34 AM

zombie_pegasus said:
Euphorae said:
59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

Anyone got some recommendations??
Yama no Susume is an anime with great art and good drama, which seems to be something you like. You could also try Wandering Son, Toradora, or Chihayafuru.
Thank you!
Wandering Son seems quite interesting ^.^

Jan 14, 2017 6:38 AM

Lestat- said:

Using the anime with an actual score is what you are looking for. Anything that says 'N/A' in the overview is practically unusable, so these are —as far as I am aware of— excluded from the challenge.

That would make sense that they are excluded. But it's hard to define what is an actual score. Those "N/A" in the overview all have an actual score as long as they have more than 10 people which scored the title.

Jan 14, 2017 6:51 AM

1998TG said:
I'd appreciate if it's not an Horror/Vampire/etc. anime but I think anything else goes.

You like Barakamon so you'll probably enjoy this:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/32673/Udon_no_Kuni_no_Kiniro_Kemari

Jan 14, 2017 6:53 AM

Yzeelb said:
Lestat- said:

That would make sense that they are excluded. But it's hard to define what is an actual score. Those "N/A" in the overview all have an actual score as long as they have more than 10 people which scored the title.

I asked this question earlier in this thread and I was told that anything showing 'N/A' in the studio's overview did not have to be used.

Jan 14, 2017 6:53 AM

VicVeiga said:
Need a recommendation for:

Do you like cats? If so, try Poyopoyo or Chi's Sweet Home! The episodes are really short but very cute and funny:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/12021/Poyopoyo_Kansatsu_Nikki
https://myanimelist.net/anime/3841/Chis_Sweet_Home

Jan 14, 2017 6:56 AM

AnnaSartin said:
1998TG said:

You like Barakamon so you'll probably enjoy this:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/32673/Udon_no_Kuni_no_Kiniro_Kemari

Thanks ^^
I've already thought about watching it while it was still airing but there were too many shows I was already watching. ^^

I really appreciate your help.

Jan 14, 2017 6:56 AM

Z_Tetriminos said:
darkwiikep said:
Help.

41. Watch an anime with a main character that doesn't look human

&

59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

Recommendations pleaseeeeeee

For 59, based on your profile... You like Space Brothers. You have god taste. I recommend you to watch Level E, only 13 episodes and ironic as hell.

Would you please recommend one for me? I'm doing #59 too ^-^

Damn, i'm not good recommending xD
Maybe try and watch... Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou . It's freaking hilarious

Jan 14, 2017 7:39 AM

Can someone give me an anime for #14(Watch an anime which began airing between 1917 and 195)? Would appreciate if you would send the link to watch online since it's hard to find anime that old(It's fine if you don't though). Thanks in advance!

Jan 14, 2017 7:48 AM

Sojin said:
Question 1. Friday is most definitely not a "weekend" day. It is a weekday, i go to college and then work on fridays, what kind of weekend is that O.O
Now about the Unknown fact, I would say no you shouldnt do that, the biggest reason being it would be a pain for the Mods when they do checks on the challenge turn in's but to be sure you should check with @SheyCroix or @AWC_mod

Question 2. To my understanding as along as you start it before the review is posted then there shouldnt be a problem(dont use an airing anime, that would be cheating/not a challenge)

Question 3. As long as 1 main character has unnatrual hair color then you should be fine, but remember: black, brown, blonde, red, white and gray are considered Natural hair colors according to the challenge description.

Question 4. Any anime that aired and ended in the year you joined would count, for you that would be 2008, for me that would be 2016.

Question 5. Fate/Zero 2nd season would count.

Question 6. i recommend https://myanimelist.net/anime/27775/Plastic_Memories
https://myanimelist.net/anime/25013/Akatsuki_no_Yona
https://myanimelist.net/anime/32182/Mob_Psycho_100
https://myanimelist.net/anime/30015/ReLIFE

Question 7. https://myanimelist.net/anime/30015/ReLIFE and https://myanimelist.net/anime/32182/Mob_Psycho_100 are both Web Mangas

I asked about the weekend 'cause many time when we say "I'm going out for a weekend", most of the time it's from friday to sunday. That's all.

And thanks for the other explanation and recs! :)

AWC_mod said:

Lady_Nera said:
21. Watch an anime broadcast on a weekend - Friday count as "weekend" day? / If in broadcasting there's "unknown" but there's the starting airing date, may I check a calendar and see which day it was (so if it was during a weekend or not)?

Weekday = Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Weekend = Saturday, Sunday
If it says "Unknown" you can't use it... but you are free to submit for an edit of that for any anime (so it's included/changed).

Ok, thank you for the answer!

"AI WA QUARTETNIGHT!"

Jan 14, 2017 7:56 AM

Can someone recommend me an anime for #59? I'm fine with anything but please keep it at 26 ep. max, thanks!

Jan 14, 2017 8:17 AM

simon443 said:
Can someone recommend me an anime for #59? I'm fine with anything but please keep it at 26 ep. max, thanks!

I recommend Yona of the Dawn. My favorite of 2014.

Jan 14, 2017 8:23 AM

AnnaSartin said:

I recommend Yona of the Dawn. My favorite of 2014.

I was interested in that anime, now I have a chance to watch it :) thanks for the recommendation!

Jan 14, 2017 8:44 AM

So how does this all work?
i copy pasted my thing into the sign up form but its not displaying anything?

Jan 14, 2017 8:55 AM
Hey! So I'm trying to fill out my challenge list with anime and I still need one that is recommended to me here. Can anyone recommend me any anime??

Jan 14, 2017 8:58 AM

AWC_mod said:
-- From post #816 #815 to #985

Please keep your Initial Post Number
@jsoebb @Slarkero @Kimilam @JojoYabuki

Edited!

Can anyone recommend me an anime?
Also,can anyone tell me an anime that began airing between 1917 and 1959?

Thank you very much in advance.

Jan 14, 2017 9:05 AM

Hey guys, another question - Would Hinata's hair color (Haikyuu) count as unnatural? Or would you say it counts as red since in real life, natural red hair is oftentimes orange too
Modified by silge, Jan 14, 2017 9:12 AM

Jan 14, 2017 9:08 AM

silge said:
Hey guys, another question - Would Hinata's hair color (Haikyuu) count as unnatural? Or would you say it counts as red since in real life, natural red hair is fotentimes orange too

yeah, i think it falls under the natural category? also considering the fact that all the other characters in that show have 'natural' hair colors too (brown, black etc). Hinata only gets orange so he stands out as the protag. Sorry ):

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (152) « First ... « 30 31 [32] 33 34 » ... Last »