Forum Settings
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (152) « First ... « 29 30 [31] 32 33 » ... Last »

Jan 13, 2017 3:14 PM

dialga08 said:
Hey everyone! Can someone recommend me an anime for #59. I would prefer one with less than 25 episodes and the only genre I don't really like is ecchi/harem

Black Lagoon
Claymore
Gatchaman Crowds
Sakamoto Desu Ga?

whichever suits your mood :>

Jan 13, 2017 3:15 PM

AWC_mod said:
@AholePony @zombie_pegasus wait, did I miss something? About #41 (I will be mixing my answers to both, sorry)
That which seems likes the girl 'antennas' is actually hair. What seems to be called "ahoge" (same for the other girl). I'm not trying to make it more strict/loose, but that item is simply based on appearance. In how they look like. If people want the easy way out that's up to them, right? The challenge was worded this way to make it more "general" for everyone ... To also make it, maybe, a bit easier to check since it's only based on the looks of one main character....

Fair enough, I just think we'd have a lot less people confused by the challenge if it were made to where only actual creatures were main characters. I was more saying this as constructive criticism for future years.

A lot of the challenges could be re-worded to be more intuitive (like the recent questions about "above #600 being 601 or 599. On a "Top List" above is usually up the list which is lower in number. I know you have the extra text to explain it but it still could be worded better as an example. With the way #41 is now, you invite arguments (a waste of time), like I would argue that Gokicha's hair isn't actually hair, they just made it look that way. I see your point and there's plenty to choose from so I don't care but some of us are bored and like to help others when they ask so we'd like to give good answers wherever possible.

Jan 13, 2017 3:16 PM

dialga08 said:
Hey everyone! Can someone recommend me an anime for #59. I would prefer one with less than 25 episodes and the only genre I don't really like is ecchi/harem

A little old, but still good and thought-provoking:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/486/

Jan 13, 2017 3:19 PM

AholePony said:

A lot of the challenges could be re-worded to be more intuitive (like the recent questions about "above #600 being 601 or 599. On a "Top List" above is usually up the list which is lower in number. I know you have the extra text to explain it but it still could be worded better as an example. With the way #41 is now, you invite arguments (a waste of time), like I would argue that Gokicha's hair isn't actually hair, they just made it look that way. I see your point and there's plenty to choose from so I don't care but some of us are bored and like to help others when they ask so we'd like to give good answers wherever possible.

I agree about the Popularity above #601 one - we are talking about popularity rankings, and when i read that something is ranked above another, i would first think it is 600, 599, 598 etc... because for me above would be the same as "higher". then again i am not fluent in english so...

Jan 13, 2017 3:26 PM

@AholePony noted and no worries. I had to write all that so I was expecting some mistakes here and there... but when some users helped proof-reading that and didn't say anything I guessed it was clear enough/well explained.

Jan 13, 2017 3:28 PM

@AWC_mod
I changed my anime for that challenge from Tsukuyomi: Moon Phase (I don't think this would have actually worked) to Massugu ni Ikou. (one of the main characters is an actual dog and so all of its features are ones a human wouldn't have). All good?

Jan 13, 2017 3:32 PM

zombie_pegasus said:
@AWC_mod
I changed my anime for that challenge from Tsukuyomi: Moon Phase (I don't think this would have actually worked) to Massugu ni Ikou. (one of the main characters is an actual dog and so all of its features are ones a human wouldn't have). All good?

Lmfao ... yes one of the main characters being a dog does work for the challenge.
Surprised there is even an anime that has a dog as main character to be honest.

Jan 13, 2017 3:36 PM

@zombie_pegasus yes that one works

@PrOxAnto I have seen several titles with a dog as main character.... but sadly there are few of them

Jan 13, 2017 3:37 PM

PrOxAnto said:
zombie_pegasus said:
@AWC_mod

Lmfao ... yes one of the main characters being a dog does work for the challenge.
Surprised there is even an anime that has a dog as main character to be honest.
It's not the only one either, there's also Hayan Ma-eum Baeggu, Chocotan!, Ginga Densetsu Weed, and Wanwan Sanjuushi.

Jan 13, 2017 3:42 PM

zombie_pegasus said:
It's not the only one either, there's also Hayan Ma-eum Baeggu, Chocotan!, Ginga Densetsu Weed, and Wanwan Sanjuushi.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/17831/Inu_to_Hasami_wa_Tsukaiyou

That should probably be ok too.

Jan 13, 2017 3:47 PM

AWC_mod said:
@Naru-chan thanks for the badges! Will be adding them (if you tell me to request I will most certainly ask for some bishounens ;D)

@AWC_mod
Well, feel free to message me your wanted bishies! ;)
SHINRAN IS OFFICIAL OMG!!!♥♥♥
ヒア~

Jan 13, 2017 4:21 PM

"Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread - link the post here:" Anything to recommend me? It doesn't really matter what genre as long is isn't an ecchi/harem, shounen/shoujo ai or yaoi/yuri.

Jan 13, 2017 4:26 PM

Wvdk said:
"Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread - link the post here:" Anything to recommend me? It doesn't really matter what genre as long is isn't an ecchi/harem, shounen/shoujo ai or yaoi/yuri.

Arslan Senki (2015) since you are a fan of Yona.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/28249
Modified by AnnaSartin, Jan 13, 2017 4:38 PM

Jan 13, 2017 4:43 PM

Naru-chan said:
AWC_mod said:
@Naru-chan thanks for the badges! Will be adding them (if you tell me to request I will most certainly ask for some bishounens ;D)

@AWC_mod
Well, feel free to message me your wanted bishies! ;)

Can we request kitties as well? I'd love a Poyo badge!

Jan 13, 2017 4:59 PM

Could anyone recommend me something for #36 (Watch an anime with more people in "Plan to Watch" than "Completed"?

Jan 13, 2017 5:04 PM

peppy_tea said:
Could anyone recommend me something for #36 (Watch an anime with more people in "Plan to Watch" than "Completed"?

Red Garden
Gilgamesh
Kurau Phantom Memory
Himitsu the Revelation

Jan 13, 2017 5:05 PM

peppy_tea said:

dunno if this is to your liking https://myanimelist.net/anime/32607/Giarlish_Number/stats
try checking anime that aired last year

Jan 13, 2017 5:11 PM

peppy_tea said:

I watched Ling Qi for that challenge, was pretty good, not as bad as I expected.
I had to get used to the chinese dub especially the first few episodes but it grew on me.

Jan 13, 2017 5:13 PM

Oh Ling Qi sounds good ))))))))))))

Jan 13, 2017 5:19 PM

Two items:

First, insert standard "I got Challenge #59" request here.

Second would be a bit more involved with "Watch an anime with someone [director (any), script and/or storyboard] you don't know" giving me a bit of trouble. So if anyone has any pointers as to a main staff member where I haven't seen any of their work to date, then I'd be glad to accept the recommendation.

Jan 13, 2017 5:32 PM

Jan 13, 2017 5:34 PM

OffColfax said:
Two items:

First, insert standard "I got Challenge #59" request here.

Second would be a bit more involved with "Watch an anime with someone [director (any), script and/or storyboard] you don't know" giving me a bit of trouble. So if anyone has any pointers as to a main staff member where I haven't seen any of their work to date, then I'd be glad to accept the recommendation.

I found one by looking for first-time directors - Mirai Minato. To find more try searching for "directorial debut" in anime news.

For 59, Macross F.
Modified by Plate, Jan 13, 2017 5:38 PM

Jan 13, 2017 5:41 PM
So, about #62:

62. Watch an anime that hasn't been reviewed

Is there a way to search this in a simpler way than scrolling the lists trying to find a non-reviewed anime?

Thanks!

Jan 13, 2017 5:58 PM

Plate said:

I found one by looking for first-time directors - Mirai Minato. To find more try searching for "directorial debut" in anime news.

For 59, Macross F.

That's a good tip. I don't know why I didn't think of that right off the bat, but it probably involves a massive headache.

Jan 13, 2017 6:09 PM

GNozaki said:
So, about #62:

62. Watch an anime that hasn't been reviewed

Is there a way to search this in a simpler way than scrolling the lists trying to find a non-reviewed anime?

Thanks!

Not really.
Easiest way is to find some "Ova" or "Special" that's related to a not too popular anime, those mostly dont have reviews.
Otherwise try to find an anime title that's not that popular, maybe less than 10k members (which you can search for) and hope that those arent reviewed.

Jan 13, 2017 6:20 PM

Can someone recommend me an anime with a genre of Supernatural, Thriller, Mystery, something like that. It's for the challenge, Thanks to anyone who will respond :))
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 13, 2017 6:38 PM

37. Watch a completed anime scored 10 or 9 from another challenger who posted on your sign up page - state the username and their initial post number

I really just don't understand it

Jan 13, 2017 6:41 PM

Makuro said:
Can someone recommend me an anime with a genre of Supernatural, Thriller, Mystery, something like that. It's for the challenge, Thanks to anyone who will respond :))

Shinsekai yori
Really exciting and mysterious anime.

Fran said:
37. Watch a completed anime scored 10 or 9 from another challenger who posted on your sign up page - state the username and their initial post number

Go to the page when you signed up.
For me it's page 7 I believe.

Then check for a random person on the same page that has rated an anime a 9 or 10.
Watch that anime.
Modified by PrOxAnto, Jan 13, 2017 6:44 PM

Jan 13, 2017 6:55 PM

PrOxAnto said:
Makuro said:

Shinsekai yori
Really exciting and mysterious anime.

Fran said:

Go to the page when you signed up.
For me it's page 7 I believe.

Then check for a random person on the same page that has rated an anime a 9 or 10.
Watch that anime.

tyty
randomshitihavetoputbecauseihavetoput30characters

Jan 13, 2017 7:08 PM

Help.

41. Watch an anime with a main character that doesn't look human

&

59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

Recommendations pleaseeeeeee

Jan 13, 2017 7:21 PM

darkwiikep said:
Help.

&

Recommendations pleaseeeeeee

For 59, based on your profile... You like Space Brothers. You have god taste. I recommend you to watch Level E, only 13 episodes and ironic as hell.

Would you please recommend one for me? I'm doing #59 too ^-^

Jan 13, 2017 7:23 PM

What are the best Chinese and Korean animes? Give me some suggestions, please!

Jan 13, 2017 7:36 PM
AWC_mod said:
-- From post #985 #984 to #1302
If you are in the middle of editing your sign up form, then apologies for the mention

Please keep the numbered list
[list=1]

@Hapmatic @Madots @Miragee @Talon184 @Catsyk @Gravange @rainingseasons

Please keep your Initial Post Number
@FinalFlash18 @Davincie

Please fix your Initial Post Number and keep the numbered list
@solembumm @NilolaX3 @Kirrino

Please keep your Initial Post Number and the numbered list
@TeiiyahDee @LeonerreFT

@jecama seems you copied the turn-in form and added the challenge list.... well please add the Initial Post Number

@EtherealShe-Wolf seems you are numbering the items wrongly. For example, your list : <2>. Watch an anime with a main cast primarily of one gender <--- that one is #38

@eduardo_arnhold please fix your Initial Post Number... and you posted twice, are you doing the challenge 2 times? or was that a mistake?

@Gluzin please do write the item you are trying. For example :
1. [Started: 06/01/2017] [Finished: 06/01/2017] 1 : Shitcom
to
1. [Started: 06/01/2017] [Finished: 06/01/2017] 1. Watch an ONA or stand-alone OVA : Shitcom
(you can even change the dates if its the same day to Started/Finished: 06/01/2017)

@garuzero please keep the items number

please fix your Initial Post Number, also remember to keep the end tags for both the spoiler and list
[/list][/spoiler]

@ali_tabaja @Light_Uchiha @Starry_Pirate

@ali_tabaja also noticed you posted twice, are you doing the challenge 2 times? or was that a mistake?
same for @Glitter-chan @alli_marin30

@isaquesousanunes please fix your numbered list

@Nenime22 please keep the initial post number and use the format provided for the challenge list

djddueces said:
Okay, can someone explain how I do this because I am still so lost looking at this thread....

this is the thread for questions, not that one. Are you going to use that post for your challenge?

I'm sorry I don't know what you mean :(

Jan 13, 2017 8:05 PM
Hi guys i need a recomendation for those points:

14. Watch an anime which began airing between 1917 and 1959
28. Watch an anime adapted from a Visual Novel, Card Game or Game
71. Watch an anime with a main character that doesn't have a natural hair color
Modified by darknees79, Jan 13, 2017 8:25 PM

Jan 13, 2017 8:05 PM

@jecama
You copied an extra form into your sign up, and in the top right corner there should be an initial post number which you can reference from the people above and below you. (Basically mark what your post is would be the major fix you could also delete the link to your sign up form that is on your sign-up form but that's not really required.)

Jan 13, 2017 8:50 PM
GamerDLM said:
@jecama
You copied an extra form into your sign up, and in the top right corner there should be an initial post number which you can reference from the people above and below you. (Basically mark what your post is would be the major fix you could also delete the link to your sign up form that is on your sign-up form but that's not really required.)

So the person above me is 1002, I would be 1003? Even if the person below is 1005?

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582476&show=1000#post1002

Jan 13, 2017 9:03 PM

jecama said:
GamerDLM said:
@jecama

So the person above me is 1002, I would be 1003? Even if the person below is 1005?

To be honest I actually don't know, pretty much the whole page for the section you happen to be in is messed up when comparing it to the page prior. If we started going strictly by counting order you would be at 1005 which would put 3 people with that particular number.
Modified by GamerDLM, Jan 13, 2017 9:08 PM

Jan 13, 2017 9:04 PM

Looking for a recommendation for this, if anyone could suggest me one please.

Jan 13, 2017 9:08 PM

Darknees797 said:
Hi guys i need a recomendation for those points:

14. Watch an anime which began airing between 1917 and 1959
28. Watch an anime adapted from a Visual Novel, Card Game or Game
71. Watch an anime with a main character that doesn't have a natural hair color

14. Ahiru no Otegara (1931)
28. Rewrite
41. Natsume Yuujinchou
59. Ergo Proxy
71. Code Geass

juungi said:
Looking for a recommendation for this, if anyone could suggest me one please.

Mononoke

Jan 13, 2017 9:20 PM
GamerDLM said:
jecama said:

To be honest I actually don't know, pretty much the whole page for the section you happen to be in is messed up when comparing it to the page prior. If we started going strictly by counting order you would be at 1005 which would put 3 people with that particular number.

Damn it's such a mess haha. I'll see if I can get one of the moderators to tell me how to fix it, and thanks, I think I get what I'm missing now!!

Jan 13, 2017 9:44 PM
So....does anybody have a recommendation for me?

Jan 13, 2017 11:01 PM

Watch a completed anime with more user in "Plan-to-Watch" than "Completed" - check in the stats tab; state the members it had when you started

I'm very confused by this. How do you know if there are more "Plan-to-watch" than "Completed"? i can't find it.

74. Watch an anime recommended to a Favorite Anime listed in your profile - any listed in your profile. If it changes there you have to change it here too; state your favorite anime

This too. Can anybody clarify?

Lastly, can anybody recommend an anime for this challenge?
44. Watch an anime that mainly takes places outside of Japan, but still on Earth

Jan 13, 2017 11:13 PM

PrimeRevenir said:
Watch a completed anime with more user in "Plan-to-Watch" than "Completed" - check in the stats tab; state the members it had when you started

I'm very confused by this. How do you know if there are more "Plan-to-watch" than "Completed"? i can't find it.

Go to the Stats tab on any of the anime database pages. It will say how many users have the anime on his/her list and in what category (e.g. Completed or Plan to Watch). Example. In this case, Completed > Plan to Watch, so it would not work for this item.

PrimeRevenir said:

74. Watch an anime recommended to a Favorite Anime listed in your profile - any listed in your profile. If it changes there you have to change it here too; state your favorite anime

This too. Can anybody clarify?

Pick a favorite anime from your profile (you only at this time have Noragami Aragoto listed) and then go to the Recommendations tab. Watch any of those anime listed there. Example.

PrimeRevenir said:

Lastly, can anybody recommend an anime for this challenge?
44. Watch an anime that mainly takes places outside of Japan, but still on Earth

Ristorante Paradiso takes place in Italy and Baccano! takes place in the United States, both of which are listed in your Plan to Watch.
Modified by chronochromata, Jan 13, 2017 11:17 PM
"I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity." -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Jan 14, 2017 1:03 AM

To follow up on the preview thing, if a preview is made but it was too early and therefore got deleted does it still count for the recently reviewed challenge?

Jan 14, 2017 1:04 AM

Could someone recommend me an anime for challenge #59?

Jan 14, 2017 1:21 AM

Let's see I have a habit of checking first episode only and abandoning the series completely after it. But can I use that series(example Occultic;Nine) that I've seen the first episode as it's initially aired for challenge? Even though what I watch is only the first episode?
"Kickstarter for Rokujouma physical book will be live this fall. Be sure to back it up guys."

Jan 14, 2017 1:47 AM
@Conde_Mohr brilliant work with the spreadsheet. I actually made my own before I saw your's, and I must say, yours is very well done almost to the point of OCD. I mean that as a compliment, of course.

Some questions I'd like to ask:
- I've noticed that you've protected the auto generated parts of the workbook. Would it be possible for you to explain how everything works? I presume it's some combination of formulas and VBA (but it's not macro enabled), which is hidden by the settings.
- How did you add all the bingo cards into the sheet? I hope you didn't manually transcribe them all!
- How is your FORUM POST table formatted? Highlighting the first cell, then Ctrl+Shift+Down results in an odd selection of 5Rx6C.

There's more, but those are the main ones. Basically, I'd appreciate the chance to have a look at the inner workings of your document for myself. My own sheets just used a lot of formulas with a VBA script for the forum post generation. Also, not nearly as well laid out. I'd considered making a C# .NET app to manage it, but your document more than suffices.

Again, a job well done.

Jan 14, 2017 2:05 AM

Ar-Pharazon said:
Could someone recommend me an anime for challenge #59?

https://myanimelist.net/anime/20031/D-Frag?q=d-frag

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (152) « First ... « 29 30 [31] 32 33 » ... Last »