Forum Settings
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (152) « First ... « 19 20 [21] 22 23 » ... Last »
 
Jan 10, 2017 8:05 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 11
PrOxAnto said:
Poke__ said:
So I manged to get both challenge 35 and 36 and I was wondering if I'm allowed to use 1 episode long series which only last 5 minutes?

Just asking because the only way I'm completing these two is by watching unbearably dull anime and I'd prefer to get it over and done with quickly.


You're allowed to use any anime entry as long as the rules dont state otherwise.
So yes it's allowed but for challenge 35 there's A LOT of good shows going around that just didn't get the amount of attention as other big anime do.
For challenge 36 it's not easy to even find one so again, you can use a 5 minute episode.


Thanks, since you said that there are some good shows for 35 I'll delay that till later in the year to see if I come across anything that grabs my attention.
 
Jan 10, 2017 8:05 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 3
need a recomendation #59.........................................
 
Jan 10, 2017 8:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 1335
Wallflower said:

Because I think you have the wrong idea. You can use anime from before your official sign up as long as you started it in 2017.

Um... no, I said that you can use only anime watched from the start date (which doesn't have to be the same as sign-up date). And that's also written in the mod post I quoted.
 
Jan 10, 2017 8:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 7
Challenge #59 challenge please!!!!
 
Jan 10, 2017 8:27 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 571
I have to watch an anime where the main character doesn't look human. I need examples of what I can use lol. Can they be a completely different race, like a humanoid animal?
 
Jan 10, 2017 8:29 AM
Anime Moderator
watch'em all

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 1105
Question: I signed up today, can I still use anime for the challenge that I started on the 01.01.2017? Should fall in the challenge period so i guess yes, but better asking :P


I also would like a recommendation for #59. Preferably a TV series with 12 or so episodes.
My goal is to watch as much anime as possible. On my profile you will also find a list of seen cartoons & movies. Sometimes I release older anime or sub some things. If you have any questions, just ask!
 
Jan 10, 2017 8:48 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 6
how do i know my initial post number, i just dont get it i am so confused help plsss
 
Jan 10, 2017 8:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 145
@KizaNekamu Dude you posted it in the wrong thread.

Also, for 25. Watch an anime with 50 episodes or more, does Saiki K qualifies?
Modified by TheElevenTails, Jan 10, 2017 8:59 AM
 
Jan 10, 2017 8:50 AM
Onii-sama

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 1156
NightProwler said:
Hey everyone, I got the dreaded recommendation for #59 so ya! I need one. Edit : Yup...still need one.

Kiimiko said:
Can i have a recomendation for #59 please ?
Thanks !


Hey nice list! Given the school and comedy shows how about Cromartie High School?
I scrolled through this whole list, and i didnt see anyone rec you, so im sorry that nobody has gotten to you. I recommend
https://myanimelist.net/anime/19815/No_Game_No_Life
https://myanimelist.net/anime/27775/Plastic_Memories
https://myanimelist.net/anime/33094/WWWWorking
SecretDinosaur said:
I have to watch an anime where the main character doesn't look human. I need examples of what I can use lol. Can they be a completely different race, like a humanoid animal?
Yes they can be different races, example Holo from Spice and Wolf, she is a fox god in humanoid form.

valoon said:
Question: I signed up today, can I still use anime for the challenge that I started on the 01.01.2017? Should fall in the challenge period so i guess yes, but better asking :P


I also would like a recommendation for #59. Preferably a TV series with 12 or so episodes.
Yes you can use anime started in 2017
here are some rec's:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/5081/Bakemonogatari
https://myanimelist.net/anime/10087/Fate_Zero
https://myanimelist.net/anime/9253/Steins_Gate
https://myanimelist.net/anime/4654/Toaru_Majutsu_no_Index

KizaNekamu said:
Initial Post Number: <####>

๐ŸŽฎ Challenge Start Date: January ??, 2017
๐ŸŽง Challenge Finish Date: ?
๐Ÿ™[b] Link to your list: https://myanimelist.net/profile/KizaNekamu
๐Ÿ“ก Completed Anime (at sign-up): 639

๐Ÿก Bingo Card #: 099
๐Ÿก Difficulty: Emperor
๐Ÿก Pattern: Full

๐ŸŒ  Legend: Watching - Completed - Inactive/Plan to Watch

๐ŸŒ  Challenge list:


Do not delete this post! If you want to withdraw, please delete the contents and put "Withdrawn".
Please do not format your form with a small/huge font size. Keep it readable.
You posted this in the wrong thread.... how is that possible... Unless im missing the hidden question.
Rahmaniz0123 said:
how do i know my initial post number, i just dont get it i am so confused help plsss
Look at the blue bar right above your post and on the right side there is a hashtag number. This post is post #1039
Modified by Sojin, Jan 10, 2017 8:57 AM
 
Jan 10, 2017 9:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 145
Wallflower said:
TheElevenTails said:
@KizaNekamu Dude you posted it in the wrong thread.

Also, for 25. Watch an anime with 50 episodes or more, does Saiki K qualifies?
Yes as it has way more than 50 it qualifies, if you're looking to do tv type only it also qualifies for that.
Yes thanks, I thought that each ep. is like 4mins long and there are compiled 25 episodes too. Well, no worries, the query is cleared now.
 
Jan 10, 2017 9:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 1335
Wallflower said:
" but it is possible to use any date (but we can use anime started only after that date)." talking about this part in particular. Even if say I put my start date is January 6th, the day I signed up. If I post an item that I started on the 3rd, it's not invalid because of my start date. Because I watched that item during the challenge period. The point being the start date is flexible, that's why it doesn't matter much if people leave it at January 1st.

The mod literally says the same thing as me.
"Start Date is meant to be the date from which you started watching anime for the challenge. If you are using anime watched on Jan 01, then that's your start date."
So, yes, you should use only anime seen from the start date. Or rather, your start date should be the date of the earliest watched anime that you are using for the challenged.
 
Jan 10, 2017 9:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 414
An FYI, the initial post numbers go off by 1 at #970. If you are there or after, you might want to double check.
 
Jan 10, 2017 9:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 12
NightProwler said:
Hey everyone, I got the dreaded recommendation for #59 so ya! I need one. Edit : Yup...still need one.

Kiimiko said:
Can i have a recomendation for #59 please ?
Thanks !


Hey nice list! Given the school and comedy shows how about Cromartie High School?


Hey ^^
Sorry for my english, i'm french, but i post that i want a recomendation for my anime challenge, and i don't understand your answer "Given the school and comedy shows how about Cromartie High School?" ??? It's for you or for me... ? It's a recomendation ? I don't know x))

And thank you for the nice list ^^
 
Jan 10, 2017 9:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 145
Wallflower said:
TheElevenTails said:
Yes thanks, I thought that each ep. is like 4mins long and there are compiled 25 episodes too. Well, no worries, the query is cleared now.
Unless runtime is specified in the item any length can be viewed. Also at turn in the inspector would go by the official episode count MAL has posted so even if it's been compiled it's fine.
Alright thanks, I appreciate it...
 
Jan 10, 2017 9:08 AM
Onii-sama

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 1156
Kiimiko said:
NightProwler said:
Hey everyone, I got the dreaded recommendation for #59 so ya! I need one. Edit : Yup...still need one.



Hey nice list! Given the school and comedy shows how about Cromartie High School?

Hey ^^
Sorry for my english, i'm french, but i post that i want a recomendation for my anime challenge, and i don't understand your answer "Given the school and comedy shows how about Cromartie High School?" ??? It's for you or for me... ? It's a recomendation ? I don't know x))

And thank you for the nice list ^^
He was recommending you this anime.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/114/Sakigake_Cromartie_Koukou?
 
Jan 10, 2017 9:14 AM
Anime Moderator
watch'em all

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 1105
Thanks Sojin! Will go with Steins;Gate then :P
My goal is to watch as much anime as possible. On my profile you will also find a list of seen cartoons & movies. Sometimes I release older anime or sub some things. If you have any questions, just ask!
 
Jan 10, 2017 9:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 4827
valoon said:
Thanks Sojin! Will go with Steins;Gate then :P


Get ready for one hell of a ride.
One of the best and well known anime out there with a mature setting.
 
Jan 10, 2017 9:27 AM
Anime Moderator
watch'em all

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 1105
PrOxAnto said:
valoon said:
Thanks Sojin! Will go with Steins;Gate then :P


Get ready for one hell of a ride.
One of the best and well known anime out there with a mature setting.


Yeah I heared a lot of great things from it and that's why I haven't watched it yet ;_;
My goal is to watch as much anime as possible. On my profile you will also find a list of seen cartoons & movies. Sometimes I release older anime or sub some things. If you have any questions, just ask!
 
Jan 10, 2017 9:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 19
This is far too complicated. 2016's challenge was awesome because it was so simple. Why did you feel the need to overcomplicate it? Maybe I'll jump in again next year if you make it easy to understand again.
 
Jan 10, 2017 9:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 25
I don't really get how to participate. Like that HTML part where do I post it?
 
Jan 10, 2017 9:33 AM
Onii-sama

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 1156
Smurf said:
This is far too complicated. 2016's challenge was awesome because it was so simple. Why did you feel the need to overcomplicate it? Maybe I'll jump in again next year if you make it easy to understand again.
Im sorry that your tiny brain cant comprehend a simple bingo card.... and there are some many explanations on how use the bingo card for people like you and you could always ask for help. But thanks for telling everyone that your skipping this year!

L-ro said:
I don't really get how to participate. Like that HTML part where do I post it?
your going to need to explain your question better, if you are referring to where to post the massive copy text from the bingo card website, then you post it in this thread.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582476
Modified by Sojin, Jan 10, 2017 9:36 AM
 
Jan 10, 2017 9:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 4827
Smurf said:
This is far too complicated. 2016's challenge was awesome because it was so simple. Why did you feel the need to overcomplicate it? Maybe I'll jump in again next year if you make it easy to understand again.


What's hard to understand, I'd be happy to help you with it.
Seemed kinda strange to me aswell for the first 5 minutes.
 
Jan 10, 2017 9:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 723


Will be using this one for the challenge, ty for the recommendation once again ^^
 
Jan 10, 2017 9:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 19
Sojin said:
Im sorry that your tiny brain cant comprehend a simple bingo card.... and there are some many explanations on how use the bingo card for people like you and you could always ask for help. But thanks for telling everyone that your skipping this year!


And this is why nobody likes the MAL community. I was giving my issues because if nobody does, then nobody will know that it has problems that need to be worked on for the future. I figured that would be better than silently complaining to myself and watching as nothing gets changed because the people in charge aren't aware.

PrOxAnto said:
What's hard to understand, I'd be happy to help you with it.
Seemed kinda strange to me aswell for the first 5 minutes.


When I was trying to figure it out, instructions weren't clear at all and there were links that just didn't work. Too much work to figure out how to get around all that.
 
Jan 10, 2017 9:58 AM
Onii-sama

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 1156
Smurf said:
Sojin said:
Im sorry that your tiny brain cant comprehend a simple bingo card.... and there are some many explanations on how use the bingo card for people like you and you could always ask for help. But thanks for telling everyone that your skipping this year!


And this is why nobody likes the MAL community. I was giving my issues because if nobody does, then nobody will know that it has problems that need to be worked on for the future. I figured that would be better than silently complaining to myself and watching as nothing gets changed because the people in charge aren't aware.

PrOxAnto said:
What's hard to understand, I'd be happy to help you with it.
Seemed kinda strange to me aswell for the first 5 minutes.


When I was trying to figure it out, instructions weren't clear at all and there were links that just didn't work. Too much work to figure out how to get around all that.
The only reason i sound annoyed is because your only the 900th person to complain and there are plenty of explanations, you just dont want to read. IF you really want to know how to do this challenge then here you go.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582678&show=100#msg49239164

Oh and the problem is not people like me, people like "me" spend hours on this thread helping people that ask questions. The problem is people like you. You didnt ask for help, you didnt ask a question you complained and whined and said im giving up. Which is totally fine people are allowed to complain, but dont go and say im the problem...
Modified by Sojin, Jan 10, 2017 10:28 AM
 
Jan 10, 2017 10:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 3661
Could someone give me a recommendation for #59?
 
Jan 10, 2017 10:07 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 923
Can someone recommend me an anime? No more than 24-25 episodes, please.
 
Jan 10, 2017 10:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 3017
Sojin said:
Smurf said:


And this is why nobody likes the MAL community. I was giving my issues because if nobody does, then nobody will know that it has problems that need to be worked on for the future. I figured that would be better than silently complaining to myself and watching as nothing gets changed because the people in charge aren't aware.



When I was trying to figure it out, instructions weren't clear at all and there were links that just didn't work. Too much work to figure out how to get around all that.
The only reason i sound annoyed is because your only the 900th person to complain and there are plenty of explanations, you just dont want to read. IF you really want to know how to do this challenge then here you go.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582678&show=100#msg49239164

Could also link the FAQ page since your explanation is there and there are 2 others. Including an excel file to help with setting up the card and the challenges.
 
Jan 10, 2017 10:11 AM
Onii-sama

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 1156
GamerDLM said:
Sojin said:
The only reason i sound annoyed is because your only the 900th person to complain and there are plenty of explanations, you just dont want to read. IF you really want to know how to do this challenge then here you go.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582678&show=100#msg49239164

Could also link the FAQ page since your explanation is there and there are 2 others. Including an excel file to help with setting up the card and the challenges.
OHHH YOUR RIGHT, i forgot that my explanation WAS ON THE FRONT PAGE... where the other explanations are for people who need help.

Vizioz said:
Could someone give me a recommendation for #59?

i rec
https://myanimelist.net/anime/27989/Hibike_Euphonium
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2924/ef__A_Tale_of_Memories
https://myanimelist.net/anime/15051/Love_Live_School_Idol_Project

Kotoneko-chan said:
Can someone recommend me an anime? No more than 24-25 episodes, please.
i rec
https://myanimelist.net/anime/9989/Ano_Hi_Mita_Hana_no_Namae_wo_Bokutachi_wa_Mada_Shiranai
https://myanimelist.net/anime/24833/Ansatsu_Kyoushitsu_TV
https://myanimelist.net/anime/10087/Fate_Zero
 
Jan 10, 2017 10:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 136
OrangeMelon said:
goldenia said:
59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

Can someone recommend me any anime?


Yonbiw said:
#59 card, can you please recommend me any anime? Thanks in advance :3


Nichijou, Hataraku Maou-sama, Gintama


Thank you very much, i will watch gintama or nichijou ^^
Modified by goldenia, Dec 20, 2017 7:44 AM
 
Jan 10, 2017 10:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 3661
@Sojin Thanks I will watch Hibike Euphonium ^^.
 
Jan 10, 2017 10:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 34
for numbers 33 to 37 "watch a completed anime..." does it mean a finished airing anime or an anime you already watched? if the latter, the start date should be this 2017 or can be in 2016?


 
Jan 10, 2017 10:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 4
Hi,

Challenge #59 Please.

Thank you !
 
Jan 10, 2017 10:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 136
a-nm said:
for number 33 "watch a completed anime with a score of or above 8.00" does it mean a finished airing anime or an anime you already watched? if the latter, the start date should be this 2017 or can be in 2016?


It means an anime that's already finished airing. I think by the time you start and finish it, it should have finished airing, and having a rating of 8.00+.
 
Jan 10, 2017 10:40 AM
Onii-sama

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 1156
a-nm said:
for number 33 "watch a completed anime with a score of or above 8.00" does it mean a finished airing anime or an anime you already watched? if the latter, the start date should be this 2017 or can be in 2016?
So yes an anime that is no longer airing with a score above an 8.00. Your start date would be in 2017 since you would need to watch it now. Here is an example. you havent seen Steins';Gate so you can watch that now and that would count for this challenge because it has a score of 9.17
KamiPhoenix said:
Hi,

Challenge #59 Please.

Thank you !
i rec
https://myanimelist.net/anime/9989/Ano_Hi_Mita_Hana_no_Namae_wo_Bokutachi_wa_Mada_Shiranai
https://myanimelist.net/anime/6956/Working
https://myanimelist.net/anime/16067/Nagi_no_Asukara
 
Jan 10, 2017 10:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 13493
If anyone is looking for older anime (1970s+), a low completed members count, or a setting that takes place outside of Japan, I highly recommend looking into World Masterpiece Theater. A full list can be found Here. Or if you just want a few of my top picks:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/1695/Les_Mis%C3%A9rables__Shoujo_Cosette
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2559/Romeo_no_Aoi_Sora
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2623/Flanders_no_Inu_Movie
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2829/Ie_Naki_Ko_Remi
 
Jan 10, 2017 10:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 414
 
Jan 10, 2017 10:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 34
slashitup101 said:
a-nm said:
for number 33 "watch a completed anime with a score of or above 8.00" does it mean a finished airing anime or an anime you already watched? if the latter, the start date should be this 2017 or can be in 2016?


It means an anime that's already finished airing. I think by the time you start and finish it, it should have finished airing, and having a rating of 8.00+.


ohh thank you!

Sojin said:
a-nm said:
for number 33 "watch a completed anime with a score of or above 8.00" does it mean a finished airing anime or an anime you already watched? if the latter, the start date should be this 2017 or can be in 2016?
So yes an anime that is no longer airing with a score above an 8.00. Your start date would be in 2017 since you would need to watch it now. Here is an example. you havent seen Steins';Gate so you can watch that now and that would count for this challenge because it has a score of 9.17


got it! thank you so much!


 
Jan 10, 2017 10:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 8
Please help with some #59 recomendations (also, if you know examples for 62,35,36 will be also great)
 
Jan 10, 2017 10:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 414
luisaaguillar said:
Please help with some #59 recomendations (also, if you know examples for 62,35,36 will be also great)


https://myanimelist.net/anime/23673/Ookami_Shoujo_to_Kuro_Ouji
 
Jan 10, 2017 10:51 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 3
Hello, #59 card, can anyone recommend me something please ? :)
 
Jan 10, 2017 10:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 136
Shenkilol said:
Hello, #59 card, can anyone recommend me something please ? :)


https://myanimelist.net/anime/25519/Yuuki_Yuuna_wa_Yuusha_de_Aru

I think you might like this :)
 
Jan 10, 2017 10:59 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 3
Thanks a lot :) Any idea on which anime fills the #36 category ? (Watch a completed anime with more user in "Plan-to-Watch" than "Completed")
 
Jan 10, 2017 11:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 136
Shenkilol said:
Thanks a lot :) Any idea on which anime fills the #36 category ? (Watch a completed anime with more user in "Plan-to-Watch" than "Completed")


Most older shows seem to! If you just check the stats page at the top, you'll really be surprised :o
Modified by slashie101, Jan 10, 2017 11:04 AM
 
Jan 10, 2017 11:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 794
Could one of you recommend me an anime please ?
 
Jan 10, 2017 11:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 136
aemiliuz said:
Could one of you recommend me an anime please ?

https://myanimelist.net/anime/25519/Yuuki_Yuuna_wa_Yuusha_de_Aru

I think you would like this one too :)

slashitup101 said:
Shenkilol said:
Thanks a lot :) Any idea on which anime fills the #36 category ? (Watch a completed anime with more user in "Plan-to-Watch" than "Completed")

Most older shows seem to! If you just check the stats page at the top, you'll really be surprised :o

https://myanimelist.net/anime/486/Kino_no_Tabi__The_Beautiful_World/stats

This one is pretty close, but I really enjoyed the show.
Modified by slashie101, Jan 10, 2017 11:08 AM
 
Jan 10, 2017 11:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 46
"8. Watch an anime with someone [director (any), script and/or storyboard] you don't know - no related works already watched; state the name and position"
Does Key Animation or Assistent Animation Director count as related works?
 
Jan 10, 2017 11:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 46
Shenkilol said:
Thanks a lot :) Any idea on which anime fills the #36 category ? (Watch a completed anime with more user in "Plan-to-Watch" than "Completed")

https://myanimelist.net/anime/820/Ginga_Eiyuu_Densetsu/stats
 
Jan 10, 2017 11:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 34
what does number 37 "watch a completed anime scored 10 or 9 from another challenger who posted on your sign up page" mean?


 
Jan 10, 2017 11:16 AM
Onii-sama

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 1156
a-nm said:
what does number 37 "watch a completed anime scored 10 or 9 from another challenger who posted on your sign up page" mean?
Okay so you pick some random person on your page, for simple reasons just pick the person above or below you, then go on there anime list and look for an anime that person scored a 10 or a 9 that you havent seen and watch that anime.
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (152) « First ... « 19 20 [21] 22 23 » ... Last »