Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Feb 10, 2017 9:21 AM

Apr 2014
What is going on here? I suppose I don't remember anything. Those are quite a shitty friends there.
Feb 19, 2017 8:54 AM

Jul 2009
It's so nice to see them all again!
Feb 23, 2017 10:15 AM

Jul 2009
Wow it's been a while since the first season, and in the meantime I've actually read the manga so it'll be cool to see how this gets animated! Decent amount of recap, but pretty good set-up for the arc. I'll really be interested to see how Yukio reacts to what he was told :P Rin being a dummy like always and rushing ahead, but I thought Izumo really did well in speaking up about what was happening on the train. Makes sense since she was kind of an "outsider" too in the group. Found the animation to be pretty good, and I didn't like the song of the ED (or OP I would guess?) but the animation was REALLY good. Anyway, looks like we get to see some family members! I remember quite enjoying the interactions in the manga so I'm sure it will be good here too :D Let's go get them Eyes back! :P
Mar 4, 2017 3:00 AM

Dec 2010
This was indeed as awesome as it could get. I would say that finally getting the sequel to one of my favorites would be enough for me to score this high, but I actually still can't believe the superb quality and bit-to-bit faithful adaptation. I guess that dreams to come true sometimes.

Other studios could get a hint on how to make adaptations.

Edit: forgot to give props for the Uverworld OP.
Mar 21, 2017 9:42 AM

Dec 2012
I'm really glad they decided to show some flashbacks and give this continuation context. I just finished rewatching the immediately prior events in season 1 and the alterations to the characters would have made 0 sense going into this.
Mar 27, 2017 11:52 AM
Nov 2014
I really like izumo unlike those assholes she's not someone who judge him by his father's doings. Nothing's gonna make me like them at all at this point.
Mar 28, 2017 6:05 AM

Mar 2010
Since its been a while i really dont remember anything lol

Quite liked this episode though :)
Mar 28, 2017 11:52 AM

Jul 2014
I love Ao no Exorcist and I'm so glad they made another season. I knew this one would continue the manga from what actually happens but I've also been wondering how the hell they're gonna do it what with season 1's ending which completely deviated from the source.

I'm a bit disappointed since what they're doing made things a little confusing as far as the timeline goes (took me a while to recall what happened and the sequence of events that shouldn't have taken place since it's been a while since I read this part of the manga) and I wish they just stuck with the original content for the first season to begin with... but I'm also really glad they actually continued on with what happens in the manga and basically pretended that almost half of the 1st season never happened. Before I watched this, I half-expected there to be some more original content to try and connect the ending of season 1 back to the main story. So glad they didn't do that.
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Mar 31, 2017 3:46 AM

Apr 2011
A good start. I wasn't interested when this came out. But after watching the first episode, I got really interested. Sucks that all of Rin's classmates treat him as a threat except for Izumo. Glad that she doesn't mind him being a son of Satan. I'm glad there's a lot least one accepts him.

Its been 5 years since the first anime series. It feels a bit nostalgic.
Apr 1, 2017 3:23 PM

May 2015
If my memory doesn’t betray me this season pick up just after Rin's trial in season 1?

Going with that infirmary scene this mean that Yukio is still human after all...?.

On a side note:
The season 2 animation just feels a lot better, and I liked the season 1 animation a lot

Apr 2, 2017 5:59 AM

Jan 2015
Finally, Ao no Exorcist that I used to like! I was bored to death with the fillers arc in the last episodes of the first season! I'm looking forward to watch the rest! :D
Apr 2, 2017 7:07 AM

May 2012
Pretty solid start of this second season I must say! Looking forward what the story will have to offer this time!
Apr 8, 2017 8:05 AM

Jul 2013
Probably been about 4 years since I've seen the first season. I was wondering why I gate it a 5 then I watched this episode and I remembered. Rin is fucking annoying. There's stupid funny and there's stupid annoying, he's the latter. Well since I've forgotten a lot in the season 1 might as well start fresh with this.
May 4, 2017 9:47 PM

Mar 2015
Wow how I've missed this series! Glad to see it got a second season albeit only one cour.

Looking forward to seeing how this develops!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 28, 2017 8:16 PM
Mar 2013
is the timeline for this season behind the ending in the 1st season ? so like the middle between final for the 1st season ?? its a little bit confusing because in the 1st season yukio also have the power to control blue flame but in this season he doesnt and if im not wrong isnt satan actually gone ??
Sep 30, 2017 1:24 AM
Jun 2013
yukio being a dick as always. Nice to see the skip out the filler and put the cannon stuff. it makes sense everyone hates him since they are teens and know no better.Forgot todo reveal was pretty fast.Iv been reading the manga and I wonder how they will fit this arc all in 12 episodes. I remember it being pretty long.
Dec 15, 2017 9:22 PM

Jan 2017
I'm really confused about all the anime original content from the first season. In all honesty, they probably should've just had the show be 17 episodes, and then left it on a cliffhanger. It's a little disappointing that all the problems of the previous season that were resolved now aren't.

On the plus side, the animation looks sharper, and the character designs look less wonky (like Shiemi's body proportions). Also, 6 years is a crazy amount of time to wait for a sequel. People complain about the wait for AOT but at least that was only 4 years and has a promised season 3 slated for next year. I doubt Blue Exorcist will see another installment for quite some time...
Apr 28, 2018 11:07 PM

Jul 2013
The first season really messed this up with all the original content. I'm really glad they finally decided to go full-canon on this one. The fact that they paced this after Rin's rampage and seemingly forgets about all those filler crap means that A-1 admitted they fucked up. Good first episode so far. It's nice that things took off faster than I thought.
May 27, 2018 12:34 AM

Dec 2012
Stupid ass kid. Also, why didn't you run after the kid to get him? The mom knows to wait there.
The return of the waifu Shura. I see that booty cheek.
Someone's going to have to clean all that wax.
Shura oppai. How I've missed you so.
He kicked Yukio.
Toudou turned?
Rin burning the kid. lol
Mephisto eating Sea Salt ice cream.
Everyone on the train looking at Shura's perfect body.
Shiemi is back. Dat new hairstyle.
Shura oppai.
LMAO That repeat Rin-Izumo conversation from episode 17. So they took it from the manga, but changed the scene (due to anime original plot).
Same with Rin and Bon.
Shura so beautiful.

Good start. This episode was looking like a movie. UVERworld with another great song, but the 1st opening is better. So happy to see the waifu's Shura and Shiemi again.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 28, 2019 7:21 PM

Feb 2014
So, this season is not original, and in fact adapts parts from the manga, ok then.
May 25, 2019 7:31 AM

Apr 2013
I was incredibly confused why they were all so hostile, but reading the comments it makes sense now that it happens after the fight vs Amaimon. Still the Kyoto guys and Shiemi are retarded, why would he be responsible for the things his father did? At least Izumo has a brain and doesn't give a fuck. She was right to call them cowards.
Nov 3, 2019 11:38 AM
Apr 2016
Damn, we're starting off with a ton of drama; FORCED drama that doesn't seem real. Let's see...
Jun 21, 2020 8:10 PM
Oct 2019
So, English v.a. for Rin is the same guy but he sounds higher pitched, whinier, more chill this series than season 1. Hmm. Maybe it's just me? Idk but it's bugging me more than it should. Haha

And that eye thief is foreshadowing what's going to happen with Yuki. He's gonna turn turncoat. That's why it bothered Yuki so much, because he knew inside he feels the same way. It. At least that's the impression I got. But who knows, maybe Yuki comes close to becoming evil but fends off the urge. Or stats good the whole time and just starts wrecking demons lol. Guess I should keep watching

Really hurtful that Shiemi shunned Rin like that. I thought she was better than that. I like that Izumo was all Idgaf and sat next to Rin anyways
Jun 28, 2020 1:11 PM

Nov 2018
Fuck these pathetic cunts. Even after saving their miserable asses, they're still trying to avoid Rin. These shitholes can kill themselves for all i fucking care.
Aug 26, 2020 6:51 AM

Jul 2008
For those coming from netflix, and trying to figure out the relationship changes feom season 1 and 2

Bare in mind that between those seasons originally is 6 years (season 1 in 2011, season 2 in 2017),and adding to that is the second half in season 1 were fillers (original story not following the manga)

Basically they returned to the source material in season 2,which basically that the classmates acknowledge Rin's origin (and apparently the whole world knows it too), but at the same time they haven't accepted him truly to let him in thier circle

-silver

Sep 23, 2020 8:49 PM

Aug 2014
hi there.. well, i start the second season and i get a bit disorientated. In the end of first season everybody trust Rin.. but in this first episode i see that is not right.. i don't completely get it.. do i lost something?*i already see the movie*.. is this second season not a sequel? is some like a "midpoint" of the first one?
Oct 12, 2020 5:35 AM
Jan 2020
Having the OP at the end felt so out of place. I love UVERWorld doe. Odd future being my fav and touch off is up there too
TemperestreOct 12, 2020 5:38 AM
Oct 18, 2020 5:04 AM

Jan 2013
Bayek said:
I'm really glad they decided to show some flashbacks and give this continuation context. I just finished rewatching the immediately prior events in season 1 and the alterations to the characters would have made 0 sense going into this.

Yeah kinda weird to go into Season 2 after Season 1 seeing how it ended.
Apparently they just disregard the final 9 episodes of Season 1 ... shame because I think they did a great job developing their relationships.
Oct 19, 2020 10:42 AM

Mar 2019
After 5-6 years A-1 finally picked it back up like they did with black butler. Sadly they forgot about these two again, but oh well, at least we get 1 season of only canon episodes. And I see they used the openings as the ending song this episode. I've known this one for so long and I love it! Blue exo has amazing openings, like black butler (A1 btw). Interested to see where this goes.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Feb 25, 2021 2:33 PM

Jul 2013
I was so confused when I saw this. I seen this year's ago when first season was out and saw it again on Netflix recently. Then I see they got season 2 and continued watching. I was hella lost and had to look up if I was missing a side story or something. But I see everyone talking about it takes over the forest fight from season 1. I get it but I actually enjoyed the ending from the first season. It's chill lol. Also yukino dub sounds so different compare the first season
Apr 2, 2021 7:21 PM

Nov 2011
AgentChico said:
I was so confused when I saw this. I seen this year's ago when first season was out and saw it again on Netflix recently. Then I see they got season 2 and continued watching. I was hella lost and had to look up if I was missing a side story or something. But I see everyone talking about it takes over the forest fight from season 1. I get it but I actually enjoyed the ending from the first season. It's chill lol. Also yukino dub sounds so different compare the first season

My thoughts exactly, except I totally do not enjoy this kind of trolling, my first time having one actually, never seen an anime "breaks" this way, wow, it's just rude to the audience who enjoyed s1, oh well, good luck to making profits for them, I guess.

-------------------------------
So I heard about Ao No Exorcist but never started watching since my type is more romance genre than anything else. I've just finished s1 on Netflix since I was bored and loved s1 ending, got excited to see Netflix autoplay s2 for me, but...

come on?? really?? MAL lists this as a sequel?? No! You don't call this sequel! The plot of s2 ep1 starts off somewhere in the middle of s1, are you joking me?? This is more of a "branch route" than a sequel, please stop lying, thank you very much! Not watching this kind of "sequel" for sure. Wasted 24 minutes going through this ep just to realize this isn't "sequel", the relationships feel all messed up since they don't match the s1, genius producers.
Apr 2, 2021 7:26 PM

Nov 2011
PrOxAnto said:
Bayek said:

Yeah kinda weird to go into Season 2 after Season 1 seeing how it ended.
Apparently they just disregard the final 9 episodes of Season 1 ... shame because I think they did a great job developing their relationships.

Yes, the relationship was built up very nicely by the end of s1, but the producer decides to trash all that, a shame for sure. I am not watching this "sequel", knowing that ruins the entire mood for me to be able to watch anymore of this after ep 1, which I can say I watched by accident, I wouldn't if I had known they screwed with it this way by trashing the best of s1. Shame.
Jul 17, 2021 4:55 PM

Jan 2020
I'm speechless. I never imagined that blue exorcist would end up looking so clean and nice when it comes to the visual side of things. I really love the more modern look that the new art has and it does really make this season stand out in comparison to it's prequel season

I got used to it right from the very start and I'm glad I did. As someone who came in blind, I didn't really know when this took place or what exactly it was but I quickly figured out when the train scene kicked. Though it was pretty obvious during the shura convo, I was still 50% unsure since that could have also been after the anime original route and just a simple flashback to back when that took place

It does undo some filler interactions and character moments such as the whole time spent on the konekomaru stuff back in season 1 with this but that would defeat the purpose of a more canon adaptation if they somehow found a way to keep those moments in lol. I really liked the train scene with Izumo and although I noticed some repeated dialogue moments, it was still cute and this episode as a whole started perfectly to me.

I'm a little scared it'll go downhill and quite frankly, I'm half expecting that since that was how it went for the first season with the second half being so different in comparison to it's beginning but regardless, this season is off to a pretty perfect and impressive start so even if I end up not liking some future stuff, I'll at least compliment this season on this point

And I didn't even mention but the opening is incredible as well. Blue exorcist never seems to miss with their openings and I'm glad that the streak doesn't look like it'll be over anytime soon and they followed through with that bold statement. Great color usage, great song and even greater visuals. I definitely won't skip this one

Sep 9, 2021 5:31 AM
Aug 2020
Izumo for the win!!! 💖
Nov 4, 2022 3:21 AM
Nov 2020
pretty mid for an opening episode meant to revamp the series
Jan 27, 2023 4:24 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Good to see it back directly in the action, but I hope it will get better for everyone's relationship towards Rin since it makes sense they're afraid of him after the revelations but it needs to stabilise now
Nov 28, 2023 10:58 AM
Aug 2022
Damien's bro is soo ass, i hate that guy and his stick in his ass.
Mar 19, 8:32 AM

Jan 2021
A return to form for a show I loved
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2017

85 by ningerundayo »»
Apr 7, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

156 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 19, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2017

92 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 19, 2:22 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2017

77 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 19, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2017

51 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 19, 11:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.