Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 6, 2017 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Tbh, this felt pretty average so far. Besides introducing the main characters, they got straight to the point with what Strikers are about. It gave me a slight Strike Witches' vibe with the technology and fighters involved.

I guess the cast is somewhat diverse? Hoping we find out about most of them.
One thing that did got me curious is the technology they had, quite advanced for their timeline. Going to give this a few more episodes.
Jan 6, 2017 8:44 AM

Apr 2010
Well if the is only major difference between other anime of this kind it's that there is a team fighting in bikini besides that there wasn't really anything new.
Well maybe several teams of girls.
I won't call this generic but i can't call it original either.

The girls where a bit annoying for my taste i could not bring myself to like them this episode, tho maybe that might change in a future episode.
For now i am sticking with this hoping things will change a bit.
Jan 6, 2017 10:06 AM

Sep 2015
I watched it because of the seiyuu cast ... the plot is weird though
It didn't seem interesting tbh, let's see if it can surprise me
Jan 6, 2017 10:41 AM
Sep 2014
The opening sequence reminds me of yes precure 5's first opening. Characters and animation look pretty. Will watch for magical girl vibes.
Jan 6, 2017 11:03 AM

Jul 2013
Gave me a lot of Ange Vierge vibes (a group of five girls with superpowers fights against unknown beings to save the world, with another groups of girls doing the same thing, and, casually, our protagonistic team is the least succesfull of them all). I still like this a bit more than Ange Vierge for the moment, though.

Not much to say since this is the first episode, but Yuumi seems best girl for the moment. The fight scenes look good and the character look pretty, who is better of what I expected.

Expecting this to be a nice timekiller, hope it manages to become entertaining at least.
Jan 6, 2017 12:12 PM

Jun 2015
An okay first episode. So is everything else. The action is good. The characters look nice. I chuckled a bit when I saw the girls in bikinis fighting.
Jan 6, 2017 12:21 PM

Oct 2012
Not the best start as they didn't really even try to attempt to connect us to any of the characters nor give us a reason why we should be rooting for them or any real sense of peril when they were fighting the boring looking monster. I like that there are different teams of fighters and am hoping all my concerns get addressed in the next ep.
Jan 6, 2017 12:25 PM

Sep 2016
i dont know why did they bother making this objectively bad anime
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 6, 2017 12:34 PM
Apr 2009
GangsterCat said:
i dont know why did they bother making this objectively bad anime
Because the novel and the manga selled like fresh bread X_x
The anime was okay but nothing really interesting.
Maybe i will drop it or not..
Jan 6, 2017 12:47 PM

May 2010
the action scenes look super low budget and that monster disign was a bad joke. sofar i dont see the value in this show.
Jan 6, 2017 12:53 PM
Jun 2016
cap was good not so hype but good like the names of the teams also Io and Tsubame are so pretty love them :D lets hope this anime gets more excited :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2017 1:25 PM

Oct 2014
How the hell does she fall so low?
Well, doesn't matter. Hanazawa Kana is still the best in the business. <3
Jan 6, 2017 1:34 PM

Sep 2016
I wasn't that impressed with it. The show seems pretty generic. So why exactly are these creatures a threat now? And how do they slect the students who show potential to fight against them? And this fifth dimension I assume will be explain down the road. The characters didn't really stand out either except for the one who seems to have amnesia.

Overall, it's an ok start. But they do have to start explaining things better and maybe have the plot start picking up.
Jan 6, 2017 1:38 PM

Apr 2015
The Animation Really Standed Out :)
Jan 6, 2017 1:45 PM

Aug 2013
Eh, the fight scenes were about the only highlight ...and of course the fanservice coming in right off the bat. I got some strong Ange Vierge vibes off this. I kinda wish they would have focused more on the conflict as opposed to the School life so kind of a weak start but gonna check out ep 2 to see where my feelings go with it.
Don't believe the hype.
Jan 6, 2017 1:48 PM

Dec 2014
Not overly special but pretty enjoyable I suppose. Some decent fights as well. Reminds me a lot of AoKana from last Winter.
Jan 6, 2017 2:01 PM

Aug 2016
meh, pretty boring imo, hope it get's better later on
Nanika ga Okashii
Jan 6, 2017 3:02 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
beautiful girls and fanservice as well as no male character.... FUCKING WIN!

DAT ASS as well...

gawd... these comments.... all people fucking do is complain about anime -___-
EcchiGodMamsterJan 6, 2017 3:19 PM
Jan 6, 2017 4:37 PM

Oct 2012
Can't say I'm overly impressed. There were some pretty nice action sequences or just plain well animated scenes, like when Io jumped from the elevated walkway or when the fist fighter from Coconut Vega punched the O'bli.
Apart from decent action sequences it seems okay.
Regardless I'm a fan of the art and the characters seem likable, looking forward to seeing where they go with this next ep
gust11Jan 6, 2017 4:42 PM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jan 6, 2017 7:01 PM

Jan 2016
Can't say I am very impressed with this show. Of all the shows I am currently watching this is probably the one I am most likely to drop.

I guess if I had to say one good thing about it the character designs are pretty good. Outside of that it's meh for me.

Probably going to stick with it for a couple more episodes and then decide on if I am going to be dropping it or not.

Jan 6, 2017 7:02 PM
Jan 2017
Gave it a shot. Started falling asleep @ about the 16min. mark. Show never recovered. Even after things started happening, it never felt like more than just that. Things happening, with characters that have names, in a place (with bad Pokemon from the 5th dimension?).
Jan 6, 2017 7:03 PM

Mar 2009
The monster/alien design is so lazy and uninspired.
Jan 6, 2017 7:51 PM

Dec 2014
Pretty boring overall and unappealing cast. I can already see the forced drama & cringey "friendship will prevail" that this will likely throw later on in the series.

Will see if episode 2 will change my mind, otherwise its on track to being dropped for me.
Jan 6, 2017 8:27 PM

Dec 2016
It was ok for a first episode.

Kinda interesting seeing Procyon Pudding all fight as maids. And as for Coconut Vega, what are they not wearing.

I think the transformation scenes could have a bit more light to them, I thought my computer was just going dark for a bit.
Jan 6, 2017 8:29 PM

Jan 2011
Orion_1 said:
This Coconut Vega team's outfit seems a lot like MGSV Quiet's.
Not complaining tho. :v

this blew my mind i was like that is some lewd ass outfit they are wearing compared to the other girls .

Anyways yeah already knew this show was going to be my guilty pleasure of the season doubt it will be any good seeing what it's based of but i really like Tanaka Yuuichi's character designs from index and love comedy S2 plus the large cast of VAs.. guess this will be a good show to have in the background when i'm bored.
Jan 6, 2017 9:26 PM

Sep 2007
Wow the animation, its really awesome to see them in anime then in 3D like the game.
Coconut Vega team are sexy as usual. I'm really hyped for this and I think this anime is more appealing to the gamers who played this game than newer people.
The game is also celebrating the anime debut with free presents :D
Yuumi will always be my best girl.

Jan 6, 2017 10:20 PM

Jul 2014
Wow, very first episode was a filler episode. Horrible.
Jan 6, 2017 10:31 PM

Aug 2015
Pretty busy season for J.C Staff with another collaboration with Egg Firm. Impressive first episode especially the animation. I didn't saw the cat robot on the characters page, but I felt that it shares the same VA as Pon from MahoIku.

Will watch for more of this objectively good anime.
Jan 7, 2017 1:13 AM

May 2013
O'bli (monster) = Pokemon
Jan 7, 2017 2:33 AM
Jul 2014
Well, i watched the first ep thinking to be watching Demi chan wa kataritai, i ended up watching it totally by mistake.
I find so annoying and depriment that animes like this keep being produced. Basically a bunch of cute girls with cute and unrealistic personalities get chosen to save the world. Wow. Of course they must be girls and not boys, since the only point of the anime is fanservice, and girls in bikini fighting the evil literally nail the purpose of the series. When products like that keep being successful, no wonder that we almost get only this type of stuff in the japanese animation.
Jan 7, 2017 8:05 AM

May 2015
Hmm, guess it was all right for the first episode. I have a feeling that this will end up being average like Ange Vierge and Regalia.... I hope not. For starters, the girls and the character designs are rather cute though.

Jan 7, 2017 8:07 AM

Apr 2011
Holy shit, this was bad. I mean, even the transformation sequence is bad. Also, this main team is seriously incompetent. According to next episode's title, they haven't won a single fight yet. How?
Jan 7, 2017 8:17 AM

Sep 2015
Its really not that bad thou, the quality is way better than Ange Vierge. Especially what piqued my interest was the spoilers given in the opening song. For someone who watch pripara, Aikatsu, precure and so on, this anime definately not bored for me. So basically in my opinion this anime is not bad like you guys said, its just that you guys are not use to it or not your genre thats all.
Jan 7, 2017 9:07 AM

Nov 2009
Strike Witches but worse and more boring. Drop.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jan 7, 2017 9:43 AM

Dec 2014
dropped after first four minutes....
Jan 7, 2017 10:04 AM

Jul 2015
Random battle followed by a shower scene, my interest lasted until then.

The last battle looked decent and the (I imagine) opening at the end of the episode was good, but I was bored for the rest of the episode, and the cast or story didn't look promising at all, so I will drop it here.

I hope you mates enjoy it!
Jan 7, 2017 10:11 AM
Jul 2016
I think it was Okay, not that bad and i enjoyed it. The animation is great and so many Kawaii Girls. 4/5
Jan 7, 2017 11:19 AM
Oct 2016
I will keep watching it because of HanaKana, one of my favorite seiyuus...
Jan 7, 2017 1:43 PM

May 2009
All dem Quiets, best uniforms
Jan 7, 2017 8:58 PM

Jul 2015
Wished it followed the other team tbh.
Jan 7, 2017 9:17 PM

Jun 2013
It's me or Moshume is voiced by the same seiyuu that Fav from Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku, when she speak and my mind I hear a "~pon" in end of every sentence. lol
Jan 7, 2017 10:56 PM
Jul 2016
valvravetruth said:
Its really not that bad thou, the quality is way better than Ange Vierge. Especially what piqued my interest was the spoilers given in the opening song. For someone who watch pripara, Aikatsu, precure and so on, this anime definately not bored for me. So basically in my opinion this anime is not bad like you guys said, its just that you guys are not use to it or not your genre thats all.

^agreed with you, i like this anime, not that bad like everyone says
Jan 8, 2017 5:33 AM

Jun 2013
it's really not that bad
Jan 8, 2017 7:41 AM

May 2012
It is not so bad. I'm enjoying because I like to watch cute hot girls fighting
Jan 8, 2017 10:27 AM

Jul 2014
EcchiLordMamster said:

DAT ASS as well...

If you're talking about that teacher, I know you've seen a better ass. I think they kept the VA's from the game. It's alright but fanservice wise: I've seen better and so have you. There's a strong lack of fanservice in this first episode considering it's an all girls cast. I like the game more. I feel like something's missing......
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Jan 8, 2017 11:01 AM

Dec 2011
I think this is a pretty good show.. if you're having a slight insomniac.

Forgot how far into the show, fell asleep, and woken up but it's already over.

9/10 recommended.
Jan 8, 2017 11:32 AM
Dec 2014
I watched it because I play the game, and they've been promoting it inside the game for a while so thought I'd give it a shot. My expectation was pretty low though, because I don't think that the game itself has one of the most epic story, though out of the huge cast of 36 characters presently in the game, you were bound to find a character you like. As such, I wasn't particularly disappointed with the episode, though I probably would be dropping it if I didn't know about the game. As it is, I might give it a few more episodes and see how it goes.

I reckon that the anime might be partly to raise awareness about the game, but also in large part, fan service, in the sense that you get to see more of your favourite characters as opposed to panty shots etc. for those who play the game.
Jan 8, 2017 12:24 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
TheHatredDMC said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

DAT ASS as well...

If you're talking about that teacher, I know you've seen a better ass. I think they kept the VA's from the game. It's alright but fanservice wise: I've seen better and so have you. There's a strong lack of fanservice in this first episode considering it's an all girls cast. I like the game more. I feel like something's missing......

I honestly dgas, that ass was still nice af n just cause "better" exists doesn't mean the fanservice wasnt good enough lol
Jan 9, 2017 1:30 PM

Aug 2016
That other team is best team. Mediocre show but I like the girls. Wish there were some males in this world lol.
Jan 10, 2017 5:36 PM

Oct 2016
It was slightly good, although I think there is a wait as the story unfolds later

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Schoolgirl Strikers: Animation Channel Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2017

37 by Destroyer31 »»
Aug 15, 2023 8:06 AM

Poll: » Schoolgirl Strikers: Animation Channel Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

17 by Serafos »»
Jun 11, 2021 2:01 PM

Poll: » Schoolgirl Strikers: Animation Channel Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2017

18 by Serafos »»
Jun 11, 2021 1:33 PM

Poll: » Schoolgirl Strikers: Animation Channel Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2017

12 by Serafos »»
Jun 11, 2021 12:49 PM

Poll: » Schoolgirl Strikers: Animation Channel Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2017

13 by Serafos »»
Jun 11, 2021 12:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.