Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 7, 2017 4:13 PM

Oct 2013
Long Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu Riders -Episode 1

I liked it. The colors are very bright in this show. The eyes seems a little "old school," a tiny bit like "Candy Candy" or similar from long ago.

I confess to wondering if Hiromi belonged in a special school since she seems to have forgotten that bicycles have pedals, but then that end scene with her mom! Ha ha ha.

Birds of prey are some of my favorite things so seeing the black kites steal Hiromi's sandwich was cool. If I lived there I would feed them everyday.
Jan 7, 2017 6:58 PM

Mar 2014
the art style brought me back to 2005. i have nothing can say JC staff is working with four animes this season. not sure if they can handle this anime properly in quality at least.
Jan 7, 2017 9:14 PM

Apr 2016
That ended way too fast. I want more.

I don't even know why I like this cute girls hobbyist niche as much as I do. It's just... so enjoyable for some reason.
Jan 7, 2017 10:23 PM
Jun 2014
raveninthemuddle said:
The whole anime (character design, pacing, storyboard) feels like it was made in pre-2005 before K-ON! came out and ruined everything. Still not sure it's just classic or old-fashioned. Not anything outstanding that's for sure.

So another butthurt person cause of K-on came to exude their salt over here 7 years later? K-on was amazing and will forever be better than this anime that will be lucky to stay with a 6 score over here. K-on made slice of life anime like these fun, something shows like this lacked in 2005 as you say. K-on is love, K-on is live. You suck, your username sucks and your animelist sucks.
Jan 8, 2017 12:21 AM

Dec 2014
Dashingfella said:

So another butthurt person cause of K-on came to exude their salt over here 7 years later? K-on was amazing and will forever be better than this anime that will be lucky to stay with a 6 score over here. K-on made slice of life anime like these fun, something shows like this lacked in 2005 as you say. K-on is love, K-on is live. You suck, your username sucks and your animelist sucks.

What a great way to show you haven't hit puberty yet. What's your secret sir/madam?
Jan 8, 2017 8:27 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
This first episode was a little disappointing....5/10.
The last season was Long Riders, and this season this anime, both about ciclysm, female, although this one in the high school and the other in tue university.... anyway i have to watch how evolve, if take the way of the "riding" or take the way of the "competition", although this first episode was a little childhish!!!!
Jan 8, 2017 11:50 AM

Jul 2016
An unbelievable first episode. Almost felt like I was watching a movie. Very serene and clam, but also lighthearted and slice of life-ish. Seeing harumi learning to ride was quite nostalgic for me. Definitely going to be one of my favorites this season.

P.S carbon frame master race FTW!
damn, the forums these days...
Jan 8, 2017 4:22 PM
Apr 2014
A very meh episode, copy paste characters/personalities, almost special needs and klustly mc. Outdated animation (though very little to no cg). At least the OP was pretty good.
Jan 9, 2017 12:00 PM

Nov 2015
I can't compare this to Long Riders because I didn't see that anime.
But this first episode seemed pretty smooth and nice to watch.
I love the backgrounds & the atmosphere.
But I don't really like the story, its kinda boring.
I think I will give this a few more episodes to decide whether I watch it or not.

3/5
Jan 9, 2017 12:24 PM

Sep 2013
It's alright, designs a bit bland but nothing serious.
Riding bikes and sensei is a future milf :)

Jan 9, 2017 6:03 PM

Mar 2012
Super amazing scenery, best in a while.

The girls are cute too
Jan 9, 2017 6:57 PM
Jun 2014
raveninthemuddle said:
Dashingfella said:

What a great way to show you haven't hit puberty yet. What's your secret sir/madam?

K-on is popular and you're jealous. I get it.
Jan 9, 2017 7:52 PM

Dec 2014
Dashingfella said:

The only thing you get is embarrassment. The more you talk the more embarrassing it will become. Trust me, I'm more experienced than you.:)
Jan 9, 2017 10:15 PM
Jun 2014
raveninthemuddle said:
Dashingfella said:

Trust me, I'm more experienced than you.:)

Yes, I know you're more experienced in shit posting. Take this and eat it brah.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-02-22/k-on-is-1st-tv-anime-franchise-to-sell-500000+bds
Jan 9, 2017 10:18 PM

Dec 2014
Dashingfella said:
I wonder how long will it take until you realise how stupid the whole situation is and what a retard you had been the whole time. Given your latest reply, I would say 'quite some time'.
Jan 10, 2017 4:33 PM

Feb 2013
Pretty cute so far :)
Jan 11, 2017 4:09 PM
Dec 2013
Decent 1st episode.

I'm a bit disapointed, because Long Riders isn't finished airing yet and this one came out for the winter season. It's very similar to Long Riders. Basically the same story, a girl who know nothing about cycling, join a cycling club for knowing how far she can ride with her friends. Not sure but it seems to me that it takes this way.

Remind me a bit Bakuon!!... in fact this anime is a mix between Bakuon!! and Long Rider... Not a fan for now, i'll waiting the 2nd episode and maybe the 3rd...
tanuki-senpai21Jan 11, 2017 4:19 PM
Jan 11, 2017 11:47 PM

Nov 2010
New girl, new city, new school, new friends. Hiromi is going to start riing her bike to school which has a lot of hills. OMG. THE THEME SONG. Homegirl can't ride a bike. HAHAHA. Makes me think of me when I first rode one.
We meet black-haired beauty and Hiromi goes tumbling in front of her. She gets pulled into helping Hiromi with her biking at a station. HAHAHA. When they should be going to school. AWWW. This is adorable. OOOH. That attention to detail. On the wheels, I saw where they put air in. Nice. it's so pretty. HAHA. Sparklyyy
Hiromi rides for a little bit but it's time to go to school. They can't leave the bike at the bike station because it's full so they're walking it.
WHOA. MT. FUJI. Man. I just want to visit these places someday. I didn't know that there were birds named kits. WHOAH, biker chick meets up with the girls much faster than she did in the manga. She was looking for the school but it's, like, right there. HAHA. They run away from the kites. ANDDDD they make it to the school. I didn't read this part. I wonder if the biker chick is some sort of teacher. She referred to them as being "crazy students". HAHA.
YAY! They are both in the same class!. The opening ceremony commences. OOOH. I can't wait to see the other students. AH. A FOREIGNER. Yup. Looks like biker chick is their homeroom teacher. HAHA. I put this in my manga selection but I was totally listening to Azumanga Daioh's soundtrack while reading it. It gives me that feeling. Ms. Shiki made a nice speech. I wonder if they're going to make a bike club and make her their advisor. OOH. BIKE GANG. CHOO CHOO.
Awww. After school, they go to a parking lot to let Hiromi learn to ride a bike again. Does Tomoe know how to ride one?
This seems like a good anime about people riding bikes. HAHAHa. Oh, I see the smart chick and the foreigner in this club. These bikes, in the ending theme, are really expensive looking. She'll definitely be getting an upgrade when she learns how to ride a bike better. It's pretty, that's for sure. Can't wait to meet the other characters!

OH. IT's like a kids' show where they have a small segment at the end to talk about bikes. NICE. HAHAHa.
Jan 12, 2017 1:43 AM

Apr 2016
I am not too enthused by the setting. Will watch it because the art looks amazing. The backgrounds were sublime.
Jan 12, 2017 2:24 AM
Feb 2012
How does this anime only have a 6.11 on MAL? I thought by the backgrounds alone it would at least deserved a 7.
Jan 12, 2017 6:27 AM

Nov 2011
As a start, he started on the right foot, although it does not shine for originality of the narrative, and also meets my were'nt, for what concerns the subject matter at the end of the episode. The drawings and character designs are better than I imagined at the beginning. The backgrounds are great, animations appropriate to the context. The catchy soundtrack, not bad at the opening and ending. Perhaps many will think a fair copy of Long Riders, certainly there that started one after another, but the rest is still to be seen; it is useless to give a hasty opinion, now!

Nice end-card.
Jan 12, 2017 11:47 PM

Jul 2012
Pretty good. Just not really interested because I've seen better sports Anime. But I'll watch more for sure.
Jan 13, 2017 12:05 AM

Jul 2012
That art style is eye candy.

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

Jan 13, 2017 2:10 PM
Mar 2012
Goregeous backgrounds, all glowing & colorful.
Characters similar to Bakuon! Wait mc Ueda Reina same va as Bakuon mc lol. Same airhead retard voice. Dun forget za pedalu.
Some calm & boring moments like Amanchuu. Time to forget long riders, but this could be just as boring.
Live action part was worth it, hope more cycle specific things & comedy.
Jan 14, 2017 2:20 AM

Dec 2012
I like that fact that it's not just about bicycle as Long rider and the characters look funny
Jan 16, 2017 9:12 PM

Oct 2008
This show is basically Bakuon + Long Riders! (Ueda Reina + Bikes)
3/5.

Jan 17, 2017 7:15 AM

Dec 2014
BEST ANIME EVAHHHHHHH

Jan 26, 2017 3:38 PM

Oct 2012
Nice enough episode and peaceful slice-of-life, think I'll be watching this. Main heroine is kinda dumb not remembering that she has to hit the pedals to actually move the bicycle (that part was a little bit unnecessary) but guess that was just for a start, to show a progress. On the other hand, I like the ending explanation part with both seiyuu.
Jan 31, 2017 3:08 PM

Jun 2012
This first episode really bored me and I was hoping it would interest me a little. They start out with her being unable to ride a bike at all?
The moment with the kites was funny but that was about it, it seemed to be a drag.
Feb 4, 2017 3:51 PM

Jul 2009
This episode was ok, it seems like it is going to be best than the dropped Long Riders...
Feb 6, 2017 3:17 PM

Apr 2014
i waited until long riders finished before i started this series but even with just 1 ep i already love the overall feel of this series alot more than long riders

just everything is just done better in every way, am yet to say all the characters are nice since havent fully met them in the series yet but even so in long riders the only character that was fun was the blond twin tail girl

but anyway i am looking forward to seeing more of this series as it goes on
"one step at a time"
Mar 3, 2017 7:53 PM
Aug 2014
wow this first episode boring and I'm here because I though it will be another Bakuon. Instead I got another K-on replica with no outstanding elements.

It's a miss, unless if you like moe for simply being moe. JC.staff should go back make ecchi anime again, they were hot back in 2015
Mar 17, 2017 6:45 PM

Jan 2011
So after I was cycling a lot with a good bike the whole last year through Tokyo and central Honshu I had to start watching this show! In the beginning of 2017 I was still in Nihon and I saw ads for this show at the Comiket 91 (there were 2 of the bikes there). I couldnt wait but I decided to wait until the end of the winter because while watching this show I for sure want to take out the bike again. ^^ Cycling in winter isnt so beautiful and nice … I also spend quiet a lot of time with my bike in and around Kamakura („tari tari“ <3 ) the last year and started to love this area there as one of my favorite places in Nihon. So this show now after I left Nihon is the right thing to bring back those memories I made there!

Today I finally started watching this and the beautiful pictures of the landscape and town got me hooked even more (also cute girls doing cute things × sports)! Yeah, I know its the usual stuff, school club, cute girls, growing into something, competition … But with my background I will enjoy this show for sure (will start the other cycling show from last year, too ;P )! And if a show has those stunning background arts like this one has I will still watch the stupidest show full of missplaced panty shots or big wobbly beowbs or stuff like that. This show here is not like that, too, so no problem at all for me. ^^ And I think it will not be as unrelaxing to watch as „yowamushi pedal“, thats also a good thing. =) Ah yeah: OP/ED songs nothing special, but I liked the OP directing/animation/flow and maybe the OP song will grow on me after a couple of times listening. Anyway, both songs are good material for the cycling playlist! ;D Cant wait to cycle through some sakura trees here with that music in the ears to have a little bit of that Kamakura cycling feeling again. ^^

edit: yeah, OP song is really awesome!
summerwarsMar 18, 2017 7:04 AM
Jun 2, 2017 7:36 AM

Mar 2015
Long Riders 2.0, here we go!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 22, 2020 5:19 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Most of the character seem meh especially because of the boring character design but so far it's still quite cute so why not
Apr 22, 2021 7:26 AM

Feb 2020
Awesome backgrounds. The artwork here is truly beautiful.

It was a decent first episode. Long Riders was pretty much a masterpiece in my book. I don't know what to say about this one yet, but I'm definitely not disappointed. I liked the characters and the overall atmosphere very much.

That live-action part was also pretty interesting.

SerafosJan 1, 5:56 AM
Oct 20, 2021 1:11 PM

Jul 2016
Amazing scenery. Will most likely be this show's strongest point.
Dec 11, 2021 11:34 AM

Nov 2013
So those two LA girls at the end are just some random people, not even seiyuus? Why the hell i must watch their videos?
Aug 21, 2023 5:01 AM

Dec 2012
Ahh, that was such a pleasant start. The vibrant, feel good atmosphere is reminiscent of Long Riders and that live action segment even adds a similarly informative angle to the show. The camera angles are also really creative, particularly the way it feels like it becomes a first person experience at times.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

36 by Zekkenshin »»
Aug 24, 2023 6:02 PM

Poll: » Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2017

39 by Zekkenshin »»
Aug 23, 2023 3:38 AM

Poll: » Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2017

33 by Zekkenshin »»
Aug 22, 2023 11:27 PM

Poll: » Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2017

38 by Zekkenshin »»
Aug 22, 2023 10:19 AM

Poll: » Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2017

47 by Zekkenshin »»
Aug 21, 2023 5:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.