Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fuuka
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 8, 2017 8:46 AM

Apr 2016
half&half anime when!?
i waiting for so long for it...
Jan 8, 2017 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
Hibiki07 said:
I'm so glad they've done it right. At first I thought the moe-ish artstyle might get in the way but they have done it right.

12 episodes... I really hope they get to THAT point. It has to be adapted. And OVA or another season, whatever, but THAT would be a perfect ending of the adaptation! I'm having my friends watch this exactly for THAT >:D

Yeah that would be the perfect ending...if you want to see the blue ray sales hit the ground and the second season canceled. There's no way that's going to be the ending. No way
Jan 8, 2017 9:12 AM

Jul 2014
gemanepa said:
Hibiki07 said:
I'm so glad they've done it right. At first I thought the moe-ish artstyle might get in the way but they have done it right.

12 episodes... I really hope they get to THAT point. It has to be adapted. And OVA or another season, whatever, but THAT would be a perfect ending of the adaptation! I'm having my friends watch this exactly for THAT >:D

Yeah that would be the perfect ending...if you want to see the blue ray sales hit the ground and the second season canceled. There's no way that's going to be the ending. No way
Are you, me and @Hibiki07 thinking about the same thing?
Jan 8, 2017 9:29 AM

May 2014
mozgow said:
gemanepa said:
If you want for everybody to be happy then yes, that would be a nice ending. A bit clicheic but nice :D I personaly wouldn't mind the dramatic one.
I also don't know how the seles work, @gemanepa. I just want the anime to make an impact.
Jan 8, 2017 9:32 AM

Mar 2016
Oh my god the part where they meet up at the statue was so annoying! Other than that I thought it was okay, nothing special to be honest. The phone straps were very cute though I want one.
Jan 8, 2017 10:02 AM

Oct 2013
Maybe I'll actually want to read the manga after the anime ends. You know how it is with Seo's works ~ if you hear about 'em and don't start'em you'll stay the fuck away going "I'm not reading that cringe fest." Then you read it and keep reading it and realize that cringey as it is, you got attached to it in some twisted way. At least that was the case with Kimi no Iru Rage for me.

caio_ken said:
OrangeJP said:
Seo Kouji's mangas in a nutshell

OT: Good enough for me

Best girl always win. lol

Oh ya, Yuzuki was awesome in her own way, and appealing, flaws & all.
Jan 8, 2017 11:19 AM

Dec 2011
Haven't watched the show at all, but already giggled at the synopsis. It's completely anti-climatic and imo retarded.

"...he bumps into a mysterious girl, Fuuka Akitsuki, who breaks his phone thinking he was trying to take a picture of her panties.
How will his new life change now?"

HOW?! He can't call anyone and do shit because his phone is broken by a random-ass girl.
Jan 8, 2017 2:47 PM

Nov 2008
I already hate them both: Yuu for being an idiot and Fuuka for being a violent jerk. And I think Yuu more.

This is going to be perversely fun.
Jan 8, 2017 3:08 PM

Jan 2014
Awesome opening song, really looking forward to all the different bands playing. Lol "Half&Half" manga was the movie that they seen? Liked that manga, but while watching the episode I felt some things lacking. I'm sure that things will pick up for the better after a couple more episodes tho.
Jan 8, 2017 3:53 PM
Jan 2009
I can always love Seo's designs and character personalities, but ugh!

either the childhood friend gets left behind or the character we're exposed to the most, and grow the most connected with, gets the chop...

this is just designed to make you squirm in your seat

I'd say "feels", but this isn't "good" sad feels like Clannad or Kanon, this is just typical Seo making you nauseous.

if that is or remains your cup of tea, great

but for me, no thanks.
Jan 8, 2017 4:05 PM

Jul 2015
Oh well that was nice, didn't realize this was an ecchi though, was wondering why there were so many shots, but still pretty nice first episode despite lack of originality.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jan 8, 2017 5:36 PM

Nov 2010
Episode 1 : Vol. 1, Ch. 1-4

DANG. SHE DON'T NEED NO EXPLANATION. This is like the modern world, though. Everybody is constantly on their phones these days and not really paying any attention. At first I was wondering why she was running. I thought that somebody was coming after her but then saw that hurdle jump over that sign and was like, "oh. athlete." The theme song is really nice. Everybody is so good looking.
I like his family, too
So he knows the famous singer, Koyuki. He meets up with the violent girl again and she chunks his phone off the roof. Oh. We didn't meet that one character. It went straight to being at home. So... Did he ever find his phone then? Goes right home to his semi-naked sisterss. HAHAHA. This is starting to look like some hentai.
You know that the blue haired chick is going to be a main character. She's the only one with the weird colored hair. It sticks out. Now we get to meet that character. Fuuka finds his phone.
Boom. Next day, Maya gives him two tickets to go see the movie and Fuuka is all sorts of excited. Man. I just feel like she's using him.
Dang this episode is already covering about five episodes. I mean, their chapters are also really short. They go to the movie and miss each other but eventually found each other due to Fuuka's loud voice. She's comfortable in high places, it seems, and falls all the time.
Are they in line for the movie or at they at the convenience store? They're standing in line pretending to be a couple to get some keychains. That hand holding is hella awkward. HAHAHA. Fuuka really likes music, doesn't she. AWWW. THOSE ALPACA KEYCHAINS. I like the ones that were in the manga better.
The ending is pretty much what happens in chapter two. We get a text from Tama-chan.
WHELP. LET'S RIDE THIS FESTIVAL.
Jan 8, 2017 7:57 PM

Oct 2016
A goddamn hornet nest of cliches, edgelord MCs, uninspired fanservice, unrealistic character psychologies, forced romantic undertones, generic art, all in an overall boring presentation.

2/10: Fuck This Shit
Jan 8, 2017 9:00 PM

May 2015
Well, it was indeed a little underwhelming. Yet, I think the dynamic between the main characters should get more interesting as time goes on. With unlikable characters and cliches everywhere, this opening episode reminded me a lot of School Days. And I can totally see the drama in this show taking it up to School Days's level. There's definitely potential.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Jan 8, 2017 10:48 PM

May 2016
This show has by far the worst MC I have seen in a while, his taking the beta cuck level to the extreme.
Jan 8, 2017 11:02 PM

Nov 2011
-Abyss_Walker- said:
This show has by far the worst MC I have seen in a while, his taking the beta cuck level to the extreme.

Give him some time.......
Jan 8, 2017 11:10 PM

Dec 2016
Cute show so far. Fuuka is adorable and I have a feeling I will like Tama too. However... Yuu is the most wimpy cry baby pitiful kid ever. I'd like to see him get punched but he would probably cry over it and ruin the moment.

Good OP and fanservice already, this seems like it will be a pretty generic show. A good generic show.
Jan 9, 2017 1:39 AM

May 2011
King Crimson should erase time so we get to the truck scene
Jan 9, 2017 2:16 AM

Mar 2012
I really wish I could step into the anime and punch that Fuuka bitch in the face.
Jan 9, 2017 3:42 AM

Apr 2016
Well that was underwhelming... haven't read the manga so I hope it picks up
Jan 9, 2017 6:23 AM

Oct 2013
hmm ok the animation was great. White album feels there.

Ecchi can be ignored easily though.
Jan 9, 2017 4:04 PM

Nov 2015
I really enjoyed this one.

5/5
Jan 9, 2017 8:32 PM

May 2015
eso18 said:
I started watching the episode, saw the 2min before the opening and I felt like throwing out.

Seeing the comments the opinion is mixed but well... I think I will be more happy if I forget that this series even exist.

Forming an opinion from 2 minutes of content. Nice.

Jan 9, 2017 10:04 PM

Aug 2011
I'm just relieved to see that Fuuka was actually able to forgive Yuu and notice his intentions, instead of holding onto a misunderstanding for like half of the anime.

This anime is cute so far.
Jan 10, 2017 12:27 AM

Nov 2014
God fucking awful
Jan 10, 2017 12:47 AM

May 2011
Hibiki07 said:
mozgow said:
If you want for everybody to be happy then yes, that would be a nice ending. A bit clicheic but nice :D I personaly wouldn't mind the dramatic one.
I also don't know how the seles work, @gemanepa. I just want the anime to make an impact.

I don't think we'll get to the really good stuff unless this anime is 2 cour. And if the anime is adapting 3 chapters every ep, it's going to end on a REALLY savage note
RockerXDJan 10, 2017 12:51 AM
Jan 10, 2017 9:48 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm an anime about the main character moving to a new location eh
Always good to see one of these types of stories

hmm its rare to see a person thats soo addicted to twitter
Lol not the best first meeting you would get after moving to a new city
Still kinda still his fault because he was still holding his phone up at the time after she fell

Lol for your family members to follow you on twitter as well
Hmm so due to being transferred the mc and his sister had to move in with their older siblings eh

Hmm so the mc was good friends with the new hit idol singer Koyuki then eh
Its nice to see that its Saori Hayami playing that role though
Lol that was quite the jab from his sisters though
A gloomy high school boy addicted to his phone

True its not like you can just ask whether is there a girl who would break someone's phone that studies at the school lol
Lol the mc keeps taking photos at inopportune moments

Despite being quite blunt and aggressive Fuuka does have a softer side to her
lol Fukka is the complete opposite of the mc eh
Its nice to see that Fuuka realizes that she's misjudged him

Yep his family are all nudists lol
But without his phone the Mc looks kinda lost
Lol the mc just can't ignore people that need help eh
while quiet he does still have a good heart

But lol to think that was actually a misunderstanding
hmm so Fuuka's dad won a silver at running eh
i guess thats where Fuuka inherits her speed from
Lol i guess the Mc is still a bit shy when it comes to people

The scene where the mc was ranting about helping people was hillarious though
Well now at least we and the mc know the girls name
its not nice to keep referring someone as you all the time

Hmm Fuuka is quite a passionate fan of Saori's character eh
Lol Fuuka taking advantage of the mc's indecisiveness there
lol going on a date so soon eh

lol missing each other by that small of a margin
guess its the mc's fault for standing that far back and being obsessed with his phone

But man thats an interesting way if telling someone where you are
The movie must be a romance one judging by the couples lol
Lol the Mc's expression there

Hmm Fuuka's pretty determined to get that phone strap
And she's pretty brave as well to try and be a fake couple with a guy that she just met
Despite that though they are kinda cute though
And the way she said that phrase in the end indicates that her impressions of him has already changed for the better
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2017 2:11 AM

May 2015
I thought he had 2 moms and 1 little sister ._.
Jan 11, 2017 12:02 PM

Feb 2015
Stark700 said:
Well that was pretty generic, even from the start when Fuuka meets the MC. Panty shot after getting bumped and getting bitch slapped..

+1
Not too bad though. Still interested to see more of it.
And I find Fuuka surprisingly likeable for some reason. And MC is relatable, while I wish his sisters are out of county with his parents as well.

Jan 11, 2017 1:50 PM

Feb 2016
Certainly not bad, but not amazing either. Very glad the rescue the girl in danger-bit turned out to be an innocent incident, because that is my most hated trope.

Some eye-rolling moments, particularly half naked sisters, but overall, pretty enjoyable. All thanks to the main heroine.

And i'm quickly falling for Fuuka.
Jan 12, 2017 7:08 PM

Jul 2012
Very generic and nothing reels me in so far. Onto the next episode.
Jan 13, 2017 12:44 PM
Mar 2012
girl who lept thru tropes. Fall on guy, slap, transfer student, same class, pseudo sisters harem, missing parents, idol osananajimi, weak awkward mc, tsundere.
Lol that awkward hachiko part.
Clouds & ed were real nice that's all.
Jan 13, 2017 10:02 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Kidwoohda said:
God fucking awful

Agreed and dropping it now. Unlike vegetables, this isn't good for me and I don't think that I will learn to like it. Pushing the plate away and leaving the table.
Jan 15, 2017 1:44 AM

Jul 2008
Oh dear, one episode in and I think I already know where this is going...and I always hate that result.
Jan 15, 2017 5:34 AM

Sep 2013
Not really liked Suzuka but Kimi no iru machi is a favorite of mine. Fuuka is really a cute chara reminded me a bit of Asuka, but the male MC is ofc a wimpy mumbling whiner. Let's see if he annoys me enough to hate him or just barely tolerate him.
Jan 15, 2017 7:21 PM

Jan 2016
Cliches, cheesy moments, annoying characters.
Jan 16, 2017 7:49 PM

Oct 2008
I really forgot this story of Seo Kouji ... then i'll just follow this show anywayz.
4/5.

Jan 17, 2017 9:21 AM

Mar 2010
Never have I ever dropped an anime 3 minutes into the first episode lmao
This is a first.

Jan 17, 2017 5:42 PM

Oct 2012
Oh, let me guess, his childhood friend is still in love with him but won't tell because she'll think he's in relationship with Fuuka. He, on the other hand, still shares feelings to her but was shy to contact her when she got famous.
But tsundere still wins no matter what in the end, right?

Well, there were many usual cliches out there but at least main characters seems likeable.
Still, it's definitely better that what Diomedea did in Girlish Number.

What bother me though is episode count, Fuuka is long running manga and 12 episodes is hardly enough to do this series a justice.
Jan 21, 2017 4:18 AM

Jul 2015
Okay, so far it's really generic start, but I eventually hope that it will change during its duration, but I doubt. Otherwise, it was entertaining and while I don't have huge expectations from this, probably going to stick with this...

Jan 21, 2017 11:55 PM

Jan 2017
There were a lot of cliches in the first episode but hopefully it will turn into something big. I can relate with the MC so I think I'll continue watching this.
Sorry for my English.
Jan 22, 2017 6:59 PM

Feb 2013
Not a bad start for romance. I don't hate the characters (a good thing).
Incoming love-triangle. I hope it pans out.
Jan 27, 2017 1:41 PM

Sep 2014
she is sooo cute!

I love her character design. Afterall Im into this short-blue-haired girls type since .. evangelion I guess. ( So yes, since always lol)
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 30, 2017 5:53 AM

Sep 2016
maaan this was painful. and i had my hopes up for this
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Feb 16, 2017 9:15 AM

Jul 2009
I was expecting the MC to be a perverted guy, if that was the case I would drop it right away...but it was very enjoyable.
Feb 21, 2017 5:40 AM

Mar 2013
Is this one of those where you don't have to watch the prequel to watch this one? I haven't seen Suzuka before but it sounds like this doesn't have any major connections to it in terms of storyline.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Feb 21, 2017 9:10 AM

Jul 2014
Riotstarter said:
Is this one of those where you don't have to watch the prequel to watch this one? I haven't seen Suzuka before but it sounds like this doesn't have any major connections to it in terms of storyline.
Yes, you can watch this one without watching the prequel.
Mar 11, 2017 10:33 PM
Apr 2015
I'm watching this first episode and there's only one thought bouncing around in my brain repeatedly

"Trash! Trash! Trash! Trash! This is trash! Random Girl runs into MC in non-realistic fashion and reveals panties? Trash! MC lives with 3 beautiful sisters? And they all take off their clothes? Trash! Random Girl manipulates MC into taking her to see movie? Lame, MC. Lame. Random Girl wants to pretend they're BF GF? Trash! IT WAS A DATE ALL ALONG? Does this show think I'm a joke?! This is trash!"

It's not episode one of Hundred level of trash, but it's pretty bad.

I'm gonna keep watching.
Mar 12, 2017 5:51 PM

Jan 2014
An instant classic from the get go! Although, I'm worried about how the story will progress (or rather, digress) in the future episodes, especially with the projected love triangle. If this episode alone were a one-shot, I would easily give it a 10, but... it's not. Nevertheless, let's see what happens as we move on...
Mar 13, 2017 8:25 AM

Sep 2016
SepMishimaa said:
An instant classic from the get go!

i dont understand how anyboy could consider this an instant classic, especially judging from the first episode alone, because i fould it to be littered with cliches and unikeable characters. but well, anyone has their own taste and reasons for liking certain things, so i wont criticize you for it, but i would like to know why you think that way.
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fuuka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

225 by metalrain_15 »»
Feb 14, 10:14 PM

Poll: » Who should have ended up with the MC?

TheCryBabyHero - Jul 16, 2023

12 by conetall420 »»
Jul 22, 2023 3:03 PM

» just read the manga

Garble198 - Nov 7, 2018

11 by Potimas »»
May 25, 2023 1:53 PM

Poll: » Fuuka Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2017

201 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 28, 2023 1:22 PM

Poll: » Fuuka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2017

85 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 27, 2023 4:45 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.