Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 7, 2017 2:18 PM

Jan 2009
DeathNyx said:
And what was their contribute to the war? xD
Romania had Oil, Hungary had Lots of People and the Baltic States had strategical good Positions + they were culturally closely tied with us.
Finland, while pretty much fighting their own War, helped us by weakening the Soviet Union. Just look at the Causalities of the Winter War, especially with their Elf (just look at his Ears and his Kill-Count).

As for Italy declaring War on Germany, yes it is backstabbing when the War was far from being over. Hungary at least hold out until around the End and the Baltic Nations got even invaded and annexed by the Russians. Italians and Romanians pussied out earlier and saved their own Asses by going against their former Allies.

I also don't like how Germany is being made the Bogeyman for the War, when there have been way more Issues than just the Holocaust and the War against Poland. I don't think the UK or the USA or France ever joined the War, because they wanted to stop the Holocaust; they just wanted to defeat Germany once and for all. Also, the Alliance with Poland was a Farce. Else, they would have declared War against Russia as well because of their Mass Executions in Poland.

Also, compare Lithuania under German Occupation vs. under Soviet Occupation. It was surely worse for the People with Jewish Roots to have had German Troops during WWII, but it was better for the Baltic Peoples and for the Countries in General, compared to having the Russians occupy the Country. That's why you have Latvians for Example remembering their Troops, who had been fighting with the Germans. Maybe some of the People from the Baltic States go a bit too far, but Nazism was clearly the lesser Evil for them.

On another Note: you're getting Anti-Baltic Propaganda from Russian News Stations.
NoboruJan 7, 2017 2:27 PM
Jan 7, 2017 2:39 PM

Aug 2013
I would shit my pants and expect i would die in the bombings...
ValenthiusJan 7, 2017 3:35 PM
Jan 7, 2017 3:00 PM

Jan 2011
Noboru said:

As for Italy declaring War on Germany, yes it is backstabbing when the War was far from being over. Hungary at least hold out until around the End and the Baltic Nations got even invaded and annexed by the Russians. Italians and Romanians pussied out earlier and saved their own Asses by going against their former Allies.

For Germany the war was basically over after the failure of the "brilliant" plan of the Operation Barbarossa. Apart for Poland and half France your country didn't have other great victories...
Yeah, you bombed a bit England but in the end is another of your failures...

PS: Oh yeah i almost forgot that you betrayed and backstabbed Russia xD
Welcome to the cruel world of WAR. Good Night.
DeathNyxJan 7, 2017 3:15 PM
Jan 7, 2017 3:46 PM

Jan 2009
@DeathNyx : I won't deny that there haven't been strategical Failures, but you seem to either not know or have conveniently left out the massive Support the Russian Troops got from the USA under the "Lend-Lease" Program. Even with this ridiculous Imbalance, there were Chances for Germany to win, but the Nazis were too lenient with the Brits in Dunkirk and too focused on Stalingrad.

Also, considering that Russia was preparing for an Attack, it was tactically better to go for a preemptive Strike.

Sleep well.
Jan 7, 2017 5:14 PM

Aug 2013
@Noboru Don't take this serious I was just being edgy in a spur of a moment. However I think America, China, Russia would keep things afloat. Europe isn't a manufacturing power house like East Asia and as rich in natural resources as Africa. Without Europe manufacturing still goes on in East Asia, natural resources can still be procured by the Chinese to power their economy, markets still exist for Chinese goods. The Great Depression only really strongly affected America and Western Europe and Europe's weakness in the aftermath of WW2 allowed for decolonization. No offense to you but ever since the end of WW2 Europe has greatly lost prominence. In the 21st century America and China are the ones who dominate now.
Jan 7, 2017 9:44 PM

Jan 2016
I wish the world powers would just agree to never use nukes just like they agreed to never use poison gas after WW1.

Not sure about the history on that but I believe once WW1 was over everyone agreed to never use poison gas.

If a WW3 were to happen it would be a nightmare. Even if you take nukes out of the equation things have advanced quite a bit since WW2.

Jan 7, 2017 10:43 PM

Apr 2012
i'll go to New Zealand to chill

no one is going to think of bombing New Zealand right?

Jan 8, 2017 1:35 AM
Apr 2013
I would hope for the UK to survive at least
Jan 8, 2017 2:13 AM

Jan 2009
@DrGeroCreation: Sure, the World will go on even without Europe, but it won't be that easy when the second largest Economy of the World (that is only counting the EU) would fall down.

I also think you severely underestimate the Effect Europe has on stabilizing the World Economy. If a Block falls down that was known for trying to tackle its own Debts, then it will make Things more costly for the other Powers as well.

Also, lots of Products that are produced in the EU (and especially in Germany) can't fully be replaced without having Losses in Quality or in the Price-Performance-Ratio.
Jan 8, 2017 3:30 AM
Jul 2018
BOOM, BOOM, WUBUDUP, FUCK, FUCK, SHIT, BOOM, BOOM, PEW, PEW, PEW, FUCK, BOOM, BOOM, ####

This^
Jan 8, 2017 3:30 AM

Feb 2016
alien will came out from their hideout and join the party
Jan 8, 2017 12:33 PM

Feb 2016
I'd piss myself and hide inside my house until the war was over.

"The other day I met this man, a nice guy, y'know?
And we had a really good chat. Then I slit his throat and ripped his heart out through his chest.
Does that make me a bad person?"

Jan 8, 2017 12:55 PM

Sep 2013
Europe a hell hole.
Russia/America on the brink of collapse.
Middle est, Africa even more desert like.
Asian countries are half good half bad, Philippines and India will be new powerhouses.
Everybody near the southern hemisphere will be doing alright.
Antarctica the new super power led by big shots from all over the world.
Jan 8, 2017 12:56 PM

Jun 2016
Waifu Wars
Why does the character limit try to prevent me from posting dumb answers?
Jan 8, 2017 1:50 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
DeathNyx said:

It seems you don't know well Italian history of WWII.

Mm, I do.

Italy had a reputation for great, if not outright fantastic, ground soldiers that I feel get strongly overlooked when WWII is discussed. At the same time, though, Italy had ridiculously incompetent leadership & generalship, which in turn makes it the equivalent of a joke character in a fighting game when looked at the conflict at large. Which is why it's always portrayed like this when people make jokes about the Axis:

Or even just military incompetency in general, Italy is practically the country that springs to mind past the old days of the Roman Empire:

Which, the Roman Empire, oddly enough, was still completely and thoroughly humiliated by the Germanic tribes at Teutoburg at the peak of the Roman Empire. It literally suffered such an embarrassing defeat that it pulled out of Germania and pretty much stopped trying to do anything with that splotch of land.

But back to WWII, Italy's greatest accomplishments during that time came before the outset of WWII, which was the occupation of Albania, which is so small that it's almost impossible to see on a map, and the conquest of Ethiopia in the 2nd Italo-Ethiopian war, the first of which took place 40 years prior, and somehow Italy lost the first time around.

Italy had managed to secure practically no resources, admittedly because of embargoes and blockades keeping them from gathering resources that were placed on them by the allies, yet despite that they walked themselves into an actual conflict - not just a war with Ethiopia - completely unprepared in any way whatsoever as a matter of pride moreso than anything, which was a terrible decision and it reflects in how they performed. They got occupied fairly early in the war and were finished around 1943, fighting and losing an almost entirely defensive effort with barely any ground gained whatsoever. They actually tried to invade Greece and ended up with their land occupied. They got occupied during what was an offensive war on their part. After the early disasters that led to that, though, Rommel arrived with German reinforcements, and Italy also sent more troops. Under the German command, Italian soldiers performed more than admirably, even when still supplied with updated yet thoroughly inferior equipment. This has been noted in memoirs of many Germans who fought alongside them, including Rommel, who has praised the Italians many times. Just on Wikiquote, there are two sourced quotes by Rommel on the quality of Italian soldiers. "Good soldiers, bad officers; however don't forget that without them we would not have any Civilization.", and about the Italian elite light infantry: "The German soldier has impressed the world, however the Italian Bersagliere soldier has impressed the German soldier."

Furthermore, Italy's weaponry and armaments were quite bad - decent planes, but everything else was on the verge of jocular compared to the other major powers in the war. Their equipment was abysmal at the start of the war; their tanks and armored cars completely unreliable. Not only did they have a ghastly shortage of tanks, but the heaviest hitter they had at the start of that campaign was the M11/39, which was not only outgunned and outperformed by the British light tanks, but also was designed in such a way that the main gun could basically only shoot forward. And the British already had the Matilda, whose armor literally could not be pierced by anything in the Italian arsenal at the time.

I'm sorry, I mean no disrespect to your country, I actually like it quite a bit, but Italy's contributions to WWII were absolutely pathetic compared to any other country involved in the conflict. Not because of their army, though, just because of the leadership of their army and the R&D. The high ranking folk in the Regio Esercito and those in charge of giving them weaponry were exceedingly incompetent, despite possessing some of the most formidable soldiers out of any country in that whole conflict.
ManabanJan 8, 2017 1:53 PM

Jan 8, 2017 2:02 PM

Apr 2011
My country would probably pussy out and do jack shit about it, i.e. stay neutral. Not that I mind. If there was a risk of me dying I'd probably move to Bhutan or some other really peaceful country.
Jan 8, 2017 2:03 PM

Aug 2013
Lisbon said:

Hm. It's amazing you all know all this.

That was like a history lesson there.
JustaCratJan 8, 2017 2:14 PM
Jan 8, 2017 2:11 PM

Apr 2016
DeathNyx said:
Sukebe14 said:

And I hope that Germany won't be so stupid to allied with Italy . Those spaghetti eaters would screw everything again

This typical kartoffeln behaviour (to throw own responsabilities on others) is what make you the real losers xD
At least admit that you lose the war because you sucked. Attack Russia during winter? Nice plan Shitler LMAO.

The only reason Hitler lost that attack was, because the mashines weren't made for such a cold place like Russia. No matter what you say, Hitler was a genius when it comes to wars. Do you really think someone would praise his intellect after doing such things? Nobody would, but he was smart, no matter what you say.

And Italy was partly the reason Germany lost, they fucked up, not the Germans.
Jan 8, 2017 2:18 PM
Jul 2018
It will never happen. Hypothetically, I would be fucked.
Jan 8, 2017 2:21 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Cirno9 said:
No matter what you say, Hitler was a genius when it comes to wars.

no he was not, the man was a complete idiot when it came to war, no better than the Italian general staff I just finished lambasting, if not worse

The bulk of our military success during WWII came from the doctrines and theories pushed by people like Heinz Guderian, who actually knew what they were talking about. We started collapsing to all hell whenever Hitler decided "Ayyyyyyyy, I'm smart and cool, I should control the military too! Forget these people and their identification of Schwerpunkte, I'm totally radical bruh!" Then we lost Moscow and he never figured out it was because he wouldn't listen to Guderian.

The crushing defeat at Stalingrad was largely because of Hitler's incompetency at military command and the orders he handed down directly, and the worst part was how it could've easily been avoided and an actual fight could've happened at the very least with somebody competent in command ._. Can't say for sure with a victory, I doubt it because it was a tough situation to begin with, but good god man. He completely fucked that one up in an absolutely horrific way.

He also had the genius idea to split up our tank divisions, doubling our number of divisions but halfing the strength at which any singular division operated at, while simultaneously doubling the complexity for supply transportation as well. Going for what can basically only be called a Zerg rush against an opponent that's already operating at his level, if not beyond it in many ways, is really just...special.

Ooh, and then there's our tanks, which were our pride and joy. The quality of later designs suffered immensely after Hitler got tired of Guderian saying "No, bad Hitler, that won't work" whenever they were deciding the composition of tank divisions and whatnot. We almost deployed the Tiger P, which could barely operate just going from place to place with no enemy resistance, without sinking into the ground or catching fire or something.

It's like Star Wars original trilogy vs. the prequels - the former of which were largely successful because George Lucas had somebody there to tell him "No, bad George Lucas" whenever he had a dumb idea. The prequels happened because Lucas basically got rid of anybody who would try to reel him in whenever he had a dumb idea. We started losing almost everything whenever Hitler got relieved Guderian for the first time.

His main talent was at oration and mobilization with a bit of economic know how here and there. His military ideas might as well have been written in red crayon.
ManabanJan 8, 2017 2:55 PM

Jan 8, 2017 6:12 PM
Apr 2013
DeathNyx said:
Sukebe14 said:

And I hope that Germany won't be so stupid to allied with Italy . Those spaghetti eaters would screw everything again

This typical kartoffeln behaviour (to throw own responsabilities on others) is what make you the real losers xD
At least admit that you lose the war because you sucked. Attack Russia during winter? Nice plan Shitler LMAO.

The Italians really didn't help by attacking Greece, failing, and calling for Germany for help(delaying the attack on Russia).

OT:
It would most likely be a proxy war over resources so nukes probably won't get nuked; I'd wager countries would be terrorists to destabilized regions and try to convince other countries to put economic sanctions on the countries they're destabilizing on the grounds of human rights.
Shoryu said:
Aureolus
Life-enhancing-body-suits are good and all, but they can't protect you against the void.
Shoryu said:
Hopefully a better quote in the near future
Become a friend of Blahkabelison, they're a female.
Jan 8, 2017 6:27 PM

May 2011
I would expect a nuclear war. I think the first strike would come from Russia.
Jan 9, 2017 1:19 AM

Jan 2011
Cirno9 said:

The only reason Hitler lost that attack was, because the mashines weren't made for such a cold place like Russia. No matter what you say, Hitler was a genius when it comes to wars. Do you really think someone would praise his intellect after doing such things? Nobody would, but he was smart, no matter what you say.

Orly? xD

Cirno9 said:

Pls stop with this shit you're ridicolous...
If Italy was the reason why Germany lost means that Italy was indeed an important military ally. Blaming other for own defeat is not honorable but for losers.
No, Germany sucked a lot and in both WWs. Deal with it.

Lisbon said:

Mmm, I do.

No, you don't.
DeathNyxJan 9, 2017 1:23 AM
Jan 9, 2017 3:14 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
DeathNyx said:
Lisbon said:

Mmm, I do.

No, you don't.

yeah

I'd be embarrassed too if somebody knew more about my own country than I did

Thankfully for me, though, that doesn't seem to be the case here either.

Jan 9, 2017 9:17 AM

Jan 2011
Lisbon said:

yeah

I'd be embarrassed too if somebody knew more about my own country than I did

You should be embarassed because your copy/paste + that countryball pic show only your ignorance about the topic.
Also Germanic tribes suffered a punitive expedition by Germanicus after Teutoburg. The myth that the Barbarians put an end to the Roman Empire is pure bullshit, maybe one of the multiple causes, without forget that the Roman Empire ended with the fall of the Eastern Roman Empire (15th-century). But this is another story (out of topic) you probably don't know ;)
Jan 9, 2017 9:41 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
DeathNyx said:
Also Germanic tribes suffered a punitive expedition by Germanicus after Teutoburg.

ah yes

how'd that work out btw?

DeathNyx said:
without forget that the Roman Empire ended with the fall of the Eastern Roman Empire (15th-century). But this is another story (out of topic) you probably don't know ;)

greeks pretending to be romans aren't connected to italians tho

I thought we were talking about your country's absolute joke of a military history, not the history of people almost entirely landed in modern-day Turkey and Greece.

Don't know why I was even courteous enough to imply that Romans were actually connected to Italians anyway, they probably wouldn't have spent so much of their time since the Roman Empire pathetically floundering about and relying on everybody else around them to make up for their shortcomings and hindrances if they were. The Ostrogoths threw the Romans off of the Italian peninsula post WRE.
ManabanJan 9, 2017 9:47 AM

Jan 9, 2017 9:54 AM

Apr 2016
DeathNyx said:
Cirno9 said:

Orly? xD

Cirno9 said:

Pls stop with this shit you're ridicolous...
If Italy was the reason why Germany lost means that Italy was indeed an important military ally. Blaming other for own defeat is not honorable but for losers.
No, Germany sucked a lot and in both WWs. Deal with it.

Lisbon said:

Mmm, I do.

No, you don't.

Kartoffel > Spaghetti. Deal with it. I'm just here to trigger you c:
Jan 9, 2017 10:37 AM

Jan 2011
Lisbon said:

greeks pretending to be romans aren't connected to italians tho

Don't know why I was even courteous enough to imply that Romans were actually connected to Italians anyway, they probably wouldn't have spent so much of their time since the Roman Empire pathetically floundering about and relying on everybody else around them to make up for their shortcomings and hindrances if they were. The Ostrogoths threw the Romans off of the Italian peninsula post WRE.

Well, even Germanic tribes =/= Germans :)
And since you bumped the Teutoburg battle i want to let you know that Arminius was a TRAITOR of the Roman Empire :)

In any case before spout nonsense about military history of Italy i would suggest you to look its military history and military inventions during the Renaissance, its Condottieri and the role of its city states/maritime republics during Middle Ages such the Battle of Legnano or in events such the Crusades. Otherwise, you can continue to base your judgements on random countryball pics and meme around the web which will increase only your ignorance.
DeathNyxJan 9, 2017 10:48 AM
Jan 9, 2017 10:58 AM

Aug 2013
Noboru said:
@DrGeroCreation: Sure, the World will go on even without Europe, but it won't be that easy when the second largest Economy of the World (that is only counting the EU) would fall down.

I also think you severely underestimate the Effect Europe has on stabilizing the World Economy. If a Block falls down that was known for trying to tackle its own Debts, then it will make Things more costly for the other Powers as well.

Also, lots of Products that are produced in the EU (and especially in Germany) can't fully be replaced without having Losses in Quality or in the Price-Performance-Ratio.
Europe being gone would make things easier for America. American military spending could be greatly decreased without having to protect Europe and finance NATO. Do you know recently America sent a huge amount of tanks to your country to protect Europe from any kind of Russian invasion? http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38537689

When Europe was devastated at the end of WW2 the world economy went on without huge problems. Europe being gone might actually prevent WW3 from happening since Europe was responsible for starting the first 2 world wars.

Danish cookies and French animated movies are the only things I would miss to be honest. Products like what? The East Asians especially the Chinese are the ones that manufacture like everything now. If Philips disappears there is still Samsung, Sony, Toshiba etc. If Audi disappears there are still Japanese car manufacturers. Interesting thing here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Europe

However, because of the higher wage level and hence production costs, Europe is suffering from deindustrialization and offshoring in the labour-intensive manufacturing sectors. This means that manufacturing has become less important and that jobs are moved to regions with cheaper labour costs (mainly China
Jan 9, 2017 1:15 PM

Jan 2009
@DrGeroCreation: No, it would not make Things easier for America. You forget that Europe is the second largest Economic Block and thus a very valuable Sales Market and Business Location. You really think that the US would just let the most developed, least corrupt Place crumble, where they can even easily steal valuable Patents from them?

I've heard about the Story, but it looks more like a Bluff to me. America knows very well that Russia doesn't intend an Invasion; at least not right now. The Americans do it however to keep that Image of a strong America burned, that Russia and/or China or anyone else wouldn't even think of trying to do something in the Future. It's Scare-Tactics; nothing more and nothing less.

Not sure whether you would want to live through an economic Crisis. The Economy has become way more complex since after WW2. Just having one Day shut down all Traffic would cause several losses in any developed or otherwise more advanced Country.

Products like highly specialized Tools, especially for Machines, chemical Products, all Kinds of Materials, scientific Stuff.

The product space is a network connecting products that are likely to be co-exported and can be used to predict the evolution of a country’s export structure.

The economy of Germany has an Economic Complexity Index (ECI) of 2.05 making it the 3rd most complex country. Germany exports 529 products with revealed comparative advantage (meaning that its share of global exports is larger than what would be expected from the size of its export economy and from the size of a product’s global market).

http://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/deu/

It's pretty ignorant of you to think that Germany were only about Cars and Japan about Consumer Electronics.
Jan 9, 2017 3:00 PM

Aug 2013
@Noboru It would reduce American military spending as I said and there is a possibility that it could improve American Russian relations. Since the Cold War the European continent has contributed to being a force of contention between the 2 of them.

Ever since the Cold War America has spent money and manpower to bolster Europe from possible Russian invasion. Could be scare tactics but is still American money being spent for European protection.

I think I would get by fine since my country mainly exports to America, Argentina, Chile and imports from America, Brazil,China.

Don't see how manufacturing of those products can't be replaced somewhere else.

I was giving examples. I never said Germany only manufactures cars and Japan only manufactures consumer electronics.
Jan 9, 2017 3:10 PM

Jan 2009
Europe has been being merely a Puppet since WWII. We got rid of one of our Masters (Russia/Soviet Union), though it wasn't without a Price.

Yes, and from a populistic Viewpoint, it's a Waste of Money. But Russia may not be the only Country or Form of Government this Warning is for.

Then have Fun with low-quality Products or when you can't have useful Tools/Machines for the best Price.

If you can't see how certain Types of Products can't be replaced, you have absolutely no Idea how the World works.

Those Examples just show how little you actually know.
Jan 9, 2017 3:30 PM

Aug 2013
@Noboru Well with Europe gone America wouldn't have to send a warning in this way to any other government from invading it (Europe).

My country only imports like biscuits and alcohol from Europe so no major loss. I already have access to useful tools at a good price.

I didn't say certain products can't be replaced but asked why the manufacture of them as in the location of where they are manufactured be replaced in the case of Europe disappearing. Like say they are moved to being manufactured in China or India instead.
Jan 9, 2017 4:33 PM

Jul 2013
if the Apocalypse happens, well ill be prepared and ready for it! Meanwhile to all of you who sold your souls to cloud storage, GLHF missing out on all your music, pictures, anime, hentai, movies etc that ill just keep stored on my 8TB on my external drive bay. Just something to think about.... really!!
Jan 9, 2017 9:43 PM

Jan 2009
DrGeroCreation said:
@Noboru Well with Europe gone America wouldn't have to send a warning in this way to any other government from invading it (Europe).

My country only imports like biscuits and alcohol from Europe so no major loss. I already have access to useful tools at a good price.

I didn't say certain products can't be replaced but asked why the manufacture of them as in the location of where they are manufactured be replaced in the case of Europe disappearing. Like say they are moved to being manufactured in China or India instead.
Europe is only down, because of the Wars. Just wait until they'll get their own Army up. In Fact, there have been already several Calls for an EU-Army and increasing Investments in Security and Defense made.

Maybe if it's some very minor Caribbean Island. But even then, it is dependent on Products, that have been made mostly with German Machines, Tools or otherwise Parts. Also Consumer ≠ Professional/Business/Industrial Sector.

Stuff can only continue to be manufactured, for as long as the Knowledge prevails. It's also very unlikely that the USA would just standby quiet, let Europe rot and then don't even take the Assets.
Jan 9, 2017 10:24 PM

Jan 2015
I don't think it will be global apocalyptic wasteland yet, but sure it will add more suck chapters in history lesson

la critique de l'intention pure
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » If we eat the mermaid's tail, is it cannibalism or is it fish meat?

Absurdo_N - 7 minutes ago

0 by Absurdo_N »»
7 minutes ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - Apr 18

42 by SwordBreaker36 »»
9 minutes ago

» Is it ok if your partner has a best friend (bestie) of the opposite sex?

Thy-Veseveia - Apr 20

24 by SwordBreaker36 »»
11 minutes ago

» What do you need cash for in your everyday life?

MeanMrMusician - Apr 21

34 by Noboru »»
11 minutes ago

» Would you ever be interested in going on a blind date?

Thy-Veseveia - 13 minutes ago

0 by Thy-Veseveia »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.