Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 5, 2017 11:46 AM

Jun 2008
I'm not sure if it qualifies to be added to this site.
But please add the manhwa Killing Stalking if possible.
Jan 5, 2017 12:21 PM
Jul 2018
It's a webtoon.
If it not published in a book format, it does not qualify for being in the database. And it looks like it is not published as a book.
Jan 5, 2017 12:23 PM

Jun 2008
lady_freyja said:
It's a webtoon.
If it not published in a book format, it does not qualify for being in the database. And it looks like it is not published as a book.

I thought that might be the case.
But thanks for answering!
Jan 5, 2017 9:43 PM

Jul 2010
Why is that webtoon in particular so popular all of sudden? been hearing lots of people talk about it lately
Jan 5, 2017 9:59 PM

Dec 2016
Tenth said:
Why is that webtoon in particular so popular all of sudden? been hearing lots of people talk about it lately

Short Answer: because it's gay.
Long Answer: It's a really messed up horror/psychological manhwa with pretty good art and an engaging plot line. You either hate it or love it. Also it's pretty gay- oh did I say that already.

I was also wondering why it wasn't added here, but now I understand.
NanoRinJan 5, 2017 10:04 PM

Anime was the catalyst of my life's downward spiral.
Joining MAL was the nail in my coffin.

Every day I keep screaming into the void,
but god just tells me to shut up.
Jan 5, 2017 10:04 PM

Jul 2010
NanoRin said:
Tenth said:

Long Answer: It's a really messed up horror/psychological manhwa with pretty good art and an engaging plot line. You either hate it or love it. Also it's pretty gay- oh did I say that already.

Well that explains why only the females on my twitter timeline talked about it LOL
Jan 6, 2017 3:15 PM

Jun 2008
Tenth said:

To be honest, i'm not really sure about that myself x) It was suddenly all over my instagram feed so i had to start reading it.
Feb 1, 2017 4:22 PM

Nov 2009
Thank you for answering my question as to why it was not here, I was sincerely curious.

I also think it would have ranked #1 in the manhwa section otherwise.XD
Apr 20, 2017 2:03 PM

Apr 2017
Dang, I was looking for it too. Sucks that it's not here, but at least I understand now. Does anyone know why don't they allow webtoons?

Chopperman-chanApr 23, 2017 3:28 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2017 9:17 AM
Jul 2018
Tenth said:

coz it's colorful and the way drawings are presented is just great.

RealExtinction said:
Thank you for answering my question as to why it was not here, I was sincerely curious.

I also think it would have ranked #1 in the manhwa section otherwise.XD

I agree. It's in the top of fandometrics in a certain social network.

lady_freyja said:
It's a webtoon.

I hope they'd add webtoons in the database.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
MircallaMorriganMay 6, 2017 12:20 PM
May 9, 2017 11:05 PM
Apr 2014
Chopperman-chan said:
Dang, I was looking for it too. Sucks that it's not here, but at least I understand now. Does anyone know why don't they allow webtoons?

keyzc said:
I hope they'd add webtoons in the database.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.

As @lady_freyja already said, Webtoons are only added to the database if they're released in physical media (a.k.a. books), and Killing Stalking wasn't.

This applies for Webmanga, btw.
May 14, 2017 6:10 PM

Mar 2015
Haha, just do it so I can add it to my list gosh. I mean, it is technically manga (?) right??

"Achieve not with the squad, but by yourself." - Urie

May 14, 2017 6:13 PM

Mar 2015
So many manhwas need to be added here wish they'll add What Does the fox say too

yeehaw
May 14, 2017 6:54 PM

Aug 2012
As Yuno, I support this idea!
May 15, 2017 4:10 AM

Jun 2016
Woops! I read Killing Stalking, I click. Hahahahaha! It's actually a manhwa. :/

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
May 15, 2017 5:34 AM

Aug 2016
@yaoimaster you'd be up for this

slán abhaile corcaigh
Níl aon tinteán mar do thinteán féin

☘ ☘ ☘

Currently stealing your heart,
your women and also your job

May 15, 2017 12:44 PM

Mar 2016
The reason it isn't added is because it isn't a published series.
End of discussion.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Jun 28, 2017 10:36 AM
Apr 2016
One volume has been published in Italy. It's being released, I believe on the 12th of July. They made a post on Instagram if it helps any.
Aug 2, 2017 11:52 AM

Jun 2011
There is definitely a way we can defend adding it.

"professionally published comics made in Korea or China for their respective markets."

So information:
"It is currently only serialized by one publisher - Lezhin. It received the first prize award in the 2nd Lezhin Comics World Comic contest. As of December 7, 2016, a new chapter is issued every Wednesday."

So it has won an award for it's contributions. And you do pay for it...

"if electronically distributed by a company known for publishing digital manga (ex. GanGan Online)."

The question is, getting Lezhin approved despite being a quality online manwa distributor. If we got them approved, it really would open the door to so much of what is currently popular.

Since you do pay for it, and it is online, and it is not a free online comic and it only has one way of getting it, we can definitely argue it is being published professionally in it's respective market for sure.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Aug 2, 2017 1:08 PM

Jun 2011
Hey you guys: https://myanimelist.net/manga/magazine/1273/Lezhin_Comics_Webtoon

They are considered accepted so far by this website.

Since they are online publishers and are the sole distributor of many manwa- Are we to take this as a go ahead and submit our entries? All their entries say "serialization".

Currently reading through this thread:https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=592709

One of the reasons they list is if a publication has never had a thing physically published. But Lezhin is on this site already. I wonder if it has? Another thing noted is that the other comic was listed as "amateurs website". So now I am looking on the website.

First thing I notice on the website:
All comics published by Lezhin Comics are protected by copyright. Posting all or any part of our comics on other media (including personal media) without authorization from the copyright holder or Lezhin Comics is punishable by copyright laws.

When describing themselves "Lezhin Entertainment is a Korean startup that offers Lezhin Comics, a webtoon ( web comics , online manga ) service for mature readers."
And they do publish in Japanese on the website.

So, furthering through the thread's points ans what makes it different than Naver- Comics aren't free on Lezhin. Not anyone can post a comic there, only people who win their contest and they must basically have a significant amount of content to submit. And so yes, definitely some differentials coming up. And the website is much cleaner. And you can easily toggle the languages. And Lezhin seems rather intent on not labeling itself amateur out the gate. Because that word literally does not appear on it's website so far as I can see. New artists sure. Amateur no.
Energetic-NovaAug 2, 2017 1:46 PM
Aug 2, 2017 4:21 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009

Huh. I had no idea 'What Does the Fox Say?' was on MAL. As far as I know, it has the same publishing status as Killing Stalking. Looking more into it.

Tenth said:
For some odd reason, a lot of people recommended it after Yuri on Ice ended since fans were looking for more works with a homosexual relationship of some type. I'm not sure if it was a troll recommendation or a "well, now here's the opposite of Yuri on Ice" type of thing, but it caught on for some.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Aug 2, 2017 4:36 PM

Jun 2011
Swiggy said:

Huh. I had no idea 'What Does the Fox Say?' was on MAL. As far as I know, it has the same publishing status as Killing Stalking. Looking more into it.

Tenth said:
For some odd reason, a lot of people recommended it after Yuri on Ice ended since fans were looking for more works with a homosexual relationship of some type. I'm not sure if it was a troll recommendation or a "well, now here's the opposite of Yuri on Ice" type of thing, but it caught on for some.
I felt like it was a troll. Lol. Personally the one I was rec'd right after Yuri on Ice was even better than Yuri on Ice. Twittering Birds Never Fly.Though hardcore, strangely not opposite.
Aug 2, 2017 6:14 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
@Rotton-Girl : As long as folks are enjoying it I guess! Understandably, a lot of folks weren't down for it though.
Well, I'll take your recommendation at least! Thanks!

Swiggy said:

Got word from my yuri informants. I've been told 'What Does the Fox Say?' actually has been published in book/Manhwa format in Korea.

Aug 2, 2017 8:32 PM

Jun 2011
Swiggy said:
@Rotton-Girl : As long as folks are enjoying it I guess! Understandably, a lot of folks weren't down for it though.
Well, I'll take your recommendation at least! Thanks!

Swiggy said:

Got word from my yuri informants. I've been told 'What Does the Fox Say?' actually has been published in book/Manhwa format in Korea.
Can you ask your informants who printed them? This would help build a case for everything else on the website if printed by the company itself.
Aug 5, 2017 7:54 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Rotton-Girl said:
Can you ask your informants who printed them? This would help build a case for everything else on the website if printed by the company itself.
Sadly, they weren't sure. They assumed that there would be controversy if someone else published them and guessed that it would have been published through them. However, I know assumption isn't enough. We'll keep looking into it.

Sep 1, 2017 4:11 PM

Mar 2014
MAL won't add an official comic anthology like New Danganronpa V3: Minna no Koroshiai Shin Gakki Comic Anthology and it meets enough criteria to be included in the database.

What makes you think they'll include a webtoon?
YayaChibi said:
It's gay. I'm a fujoshi, and it's shit.
The story is badly written, the protag is dumber then a harem MC, and it tries to be more edgy and fake then the 'realtable' physiological horror romance every fuking Instagram user says it is. lol has good art though
O/T, but has the blonde psycho put his sausage inside whatshisface's yaoi hole yet?

Because I tried to start reading it a while ago but it was 6edgy9me so I stopped despite the fact that I liked the art and the BJ scene (for purely aesthetic reasons OFC).

If the answer is yes, please tell me what chapter it was
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Sep 3, 2017 3:28 PM

Mar 2014
@YayaChibi

I googled it and it seems like the blonde psycho tricked Sangwoo into thinking they were having real gay sausagery sex but apparently it was just a dildo. Or maybe it was all a dream. Whatever. Either way it wasn't particularly sexy
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 21, 2018 10:16 AM
Jan 2018
That's weird that Bastard, also a Korean Webtoon, is on MAL but not Killing Stalking.
Feb 21, 2018 10:33 AM
Haruna Sairenji

Jan 2017
vaniilla said:
That's weird that Bastard, also a Korean Webtoon, is on MAL but not Killing Stalking.
Bastard is published in paperbook format while Killing Stalking is not if I'm correct.
Feb 21, 2018 11:09 AM

Jan 2014
KushHaze said:
vaniilla said:
Bastard is published in paperbook format while Killing Stalking is not if I'm correct.

Correct
Feb 21, 2018 2:18 PM
Jan 2018
Oh alright, that's probably why then. I wish they still uploaded Killing Stalking anyways due to popularity :/
Maybe eventually Killing Stalking will be printed or something.
Feb 25, 2018 2:18 PM

Jun 2015
KushHaze said:
vaniilla said:

You're wrong. Killing Stalking has been published in physical format in Italy.
(https://www.amazon.co.uk/KILLING-STALKING-02-Koogi/dp/8832751410/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1519597069&sr=1-1).
Feb 26, 2018 1:22 AM

Jan 2014

Webtoons and webcomics need to be professionally published in their respective markets to be accepted on MAL. Killing Stalking hasn't been professionally published in Korea so it is still not eligible.
Mar 21, 2018 1:55 AM

Jun 2011
GreyHeron said:

Webtoons and webcomics need to be professionally published in their respective markets to be accepted on MAL. Killing Stalking hasn't been professionally published in Korea so it is still not eligible.

You mean PHYSICALLY published. It is professionally published. I posted their website. They have standards. They don't accept anyone, and you have to buy the works. They are not free. They are translated into multiple languages including Japanese. They have psychical location to call in Japan too, not just Korea.
Mar 21, 2018 2:27 AM

Jan 2014
@Energetic-Nova

This has been discussed to death already so I'll leave this post here to explain
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=592709&show=150#post182
RedParkMar 21, 2018 2:30 AM
Mar 21, 2018 2:33 AM

Jun 2011
GreyHeron said:
@Energetic-Nova

This has been discussed to death already so I'll leave this post here to explain

I have read that if it is what I think it is I am currently on my phone. What it said was that this other website was just allowing amateurs to publish anything on the site and was allowing anyone to read anything for free. I would definitely put that as a different category of the type of thing that I’m talking about but whatever.

I think my thoughts and ideals just come from the can of worms of adding Korean and Chinese works in the first place.
Energetic-NovaMar 21, 2018 2:47 AM
Apr 4, 2018 11:53 AM

May 2017
Energetic-Nova said:
GreyHeron said:
@Energetic-Nova

I have read that if it is what I think it is I am currently on my phone. What it said was that this other website was just allowing amateurs to publish anything on the site and was allowing anyone to read anything for free. I would definitely put that as a different category of the type of thing that I’m talking about but whatever.

I think my thoughts and ideals just come from the can of worms of adding Korean and Chinese works in the first place.

This is it exactly. Of course, it would be absurd to publish any free webtoon or webcomic that any old person can upload, and the argument is that only professionally published comics are allowed, but the standards of professionally published comics are different in Korea and Japan... and especially nowadays when the electronic medium is taking hold of the industry, there should be conversation about this changing anyway lol
May 6, 2018 12:18 PM

Feb 2015
lady_freyja said:
It's a webtoon.

YaoiMaster said:
The reason it isn't added is because it isn't a published series.
End of discussion.

vaniilla said:
Oh alright, that's probably why then. I wish they still uploaded Killing Stalking anyways due to popularity :/
Maybe eventually Killing Stalking will be printed or something.

just because it's a webtoon does not change it's in manwha format. killing stalking IS in manwha format.

man yall don't know jackshxt about manwha do yall? lmao

demision said:

This is it exactly. Of course, it would be absurd to publish any free webtoon or webcomic that any old person can upload, and the argument is that only professionally published comics are allowed, but the standards of professionally published comics are different in Korea and Japan... and especially nowadays when the electronic medium is taking hold of the industry, there should be conversation about this changing anyway lol

inb4 ignoring how korean and chinese culture work but claim they will publish their works as long as it's on japanese standards (yeah that doesn't scream weeaboo).
TomDayMay 6, 2018 12:25 PM
May 6, 2018 12:25 PM

Mar 2016
TomDay said:

just because it's a webtoon does not change it's in manwha format. killing stalking IS in manwha format.

man yall don't know jackshxt about manwha do yall? lmao

It's what a mod told me. They can't add it if it's a webtoon. Even if it's in manhwa format, to the mods, it doesn't matter.
WORK IN PROGRESS
Adenomata affronted.
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

May 6, 2018 12:32 PM

Feb 2015
YaoiMaster said:

It's what a mod told me. They can't add it if it's a webtoon. Even if it's in manhwa format, to the mods, it doesn't matter.

that's not true, i have my own manwha page i published because it's in book format.
https://myanimelist.net/manga/99792/Tribe-X
i'm still adding more to it.

so that being said and proven, i suggest for killing stalking fans to add it to the database since MAL has no excuse to deny its entry.
May 6, 2018 12:40 PM

Mar 2016
TomDay said:
YaoiMaster said:

that's not true, i have my own manwha page i published because it's in book format.
https://myanimelist.net/manga/99792/Tribe-X
i'm still adding more to it.

so that being said and proven, i suggest for killing stalking fans to add it to the database since MAL has no excuse to deny its entry.
Well, it always gets rejected. Many people have tried. You can always talk to a mod, but they are adamant on not adding it, sigh.

I forgot to mention, they said they don't add unpublished webtoons.
WORK IN PROGRESS
Adenomata affronted.
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

May 6, 2018 1:35 PM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
I think it will still be denied because the rule for manhwa/manhua is: "professionally published comics made in Korea or China for their respective markets." The paper format is not targeted towards S.Korea or Japan. It's in Italy only translated in Italian, so it makes no sense to add it. There are numerous entries from legit mangaka, etc that have published works in other countries that get denied, so this is pretty much the same.
May 6, 2018 5:56 PM

Feb 2015
YaoiMaster said:
Well, it always gets rejected. Many people have tried. You can always talk to a mod, but they are adamant on not adding it, sigh.

I forgot to mention, they said they don't add unpublished webtoons.

but it is published. in both instances.

Maffy said:
I think it will still be denied because the rule for manhwa/manhua is: "professionally published comics made in Korea or China for their respective markets." The paper format is not targeted towards S.Korea or Japan. It's in Italy only translated in Italian, so it makes no sense to add it. There are numerous entries from legit mangaka, etc that have published works in other countries that get denied, so this is pretty much the same.

lol, not as if that rule matters. if MAL clearly states for professionally published comics FOR THEIR MARKETS be applied from china and korea why do they insist for them to be published as books then? do they know that books are not popular in those countries (and japan is already dropping book sales massively) and just don't care about their own rules?
May 6, 2018 9:30 PM

Mar 2016
NanoRin said:
Tenth said:

I was also wondering why it wasn't added here, but now I understand.

I don't think the gayness has anything to do with it, gay doesn't make something popular, otherwise all the niche gay things wouldn't really be niche. They'd be popular! :P
-

I find these restrictions too...well...strict. I hope one day they'll be more lax on the anime/manga guidelines, but I doubt that'll ever happen ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .
"Wonder is always difficult until you forgive whoever destroyed your love of surprises"  Edmond Manning

May 7, 2018 2:06 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
TomDay said:
lol, not as if that rule matters. if MAL clearly states for professionally published comics FOR THEIR MARKETS be applied from china and korea why do they insist for them to be published as books then? do they know that books are not popular in those countries (and japan is already dropping book sales massively) and just don't care about their own rules?

It does matter though and it always did :'D The book format is not for their market, it's for a totally unrelated country/market. There is no book format for Korean readers, there is only the webtoon and so, it will not be added. You may argue that each market uses different mediums (digital or book format) as a prevalent method, but the word market just means the sum total of all the buyers and sellers in the area or region under consideration and then from that, MAL focuses on publishing houses that publish books. So yes, the rule always matters because for something to be added must be made in specific places and the market it is targeted must also be the same. What you are talking about is a different discussion altogether and who knows what might change in the future.

Either way, I just wanted to say it would not be added so people would not get unmet expectations! Have a nice day!
May 7, 2018 12:51 PM

Feb 2015
Maffy said:

It does matter though and it always did :'D The book format is not for their market, it's for a totally unrelated country/market. There is no book format for Korean readers, there is only the webtoon and so, it will not be added. You may argue that each market uses different mediums (digital or book format) as a prevalent method, but the word market just means the sum total of all the buyers and sellers in the area or region under consideration and then from that, MAL focuses on publishing houses that publish books. So yes, the rule always matters because for something to be added must be made in specific places and the market it is targeted must also be the same. What you are talking about is a different discussion altogether and who knows what might change in the future.

it's not my argument alone, but rather what MAL itself claims. if they want to add (east) asian media according to their countries' methods, but completely ignore how korea and china is done, that is outright hypocrisy and lying . i am not talking about anything "different altogether", i am only quoting the DB rules. only following one country's publishing method (which is dying btw) is on no earthly way fair.

Either way, I just wanted to say it would not be added so people would not get unmet expectations! Have a nice day!

we know it wont be added, we're in full knowledge of how webtoon are ultimately ignored on here, lol.
May 14, 2019 7:15 PM
Jan 2018
Maffy said:
TomDay said:

Please change the unfit rules. you guys are running this sit like it still 2004. Manga in a book format are ding out. No one wants to buy Manga when you can read it online. Also there are so many manga's that have been put up that have NOT been sold as a Book format. PLEASE GET WITH THE TIMES. I know know why people drop this site like a hot potato. It is because you don't have all anime, manga, manhwa on this site. you guy pick and choose what you like on here. you guys need to stop being bias just because you the ones that accept what goes on. the only reason people argue with you is because they can tell the mod are lying to them why something is not added.
May 14, 2019 8:13 PM

Jan 2017
Chopperman-chan said:

It doesn't fit the guidelines. HOWEVER - sometimes if webtoons become popular enough to garner AnimeDB-Guideline-accepted-publication, they will be added to the DB (because its no longer "just" a webtoon, and actually gets published.

Check out https://myanimelist.net/manga/111213/Bastard - namely under the 'Background' section of the entry. It started out as a webtoon, but got published and therefore became an entry here. I'm holding out hope that 'Sweet Home' - another webtoon by the exact same Story & Art authors of 'Bastard' - gets published as well.

There are always chances for webtoons to be published, and 'Sweet Home' and 'Killing Stalking' both have the popularity potential. But its always the questions of "IF" and "WHEN". So the short answer is no, not right now...but *maybe* in the future if published. Let's hope! :)

Jun 13, 2019 3:59 PM
Manga DB Admin
Jun 2010
Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere already, but it would appear that Killing Stalking is now available in print in Korea.

https://twitter.com/kooo_gi/status/1134084221939568640
https://twitter.com/__sakoo__/status/1137287568075026433
http://www.comiczone.co.kr/shop/goods/goods_view.php?&goodsno=200094234

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Manga DB - Post Modifications/Duplicates Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aarana - Jan 4, 2009

7677 by JohnnyNumbuh28 »»
Apr 13, 1:25 AM

Sticky: » Manga DB - Post Genre/Theme Requests Here ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Mar 28, 2022

127 by Una_Sama89 »»
Apr 11, 5:52 AM

» Dungeon Defense - Novel (Korean)

Netori - Dec 20, 2017

8 by Souhail_fl »»
Apr 10, 5:01 PM

» Gosick sequel novels (New Continent - Red/Blue/Pink/Green) still pending for approval after many years

847AM - Apr 7

0 by 847AM »»
Apr 7, 10:41 AM

» ADD MANHWA - TOP TIER PROVIDENCE

Marcrof - Jan 9

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 4, 7:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.